Blogging

Reactions
46,591 610 202
Alleybux
I planned to write 5 posts, but life got in the way, so I only wrote 3. I also installed Cloudflare and their APO plugin for WordPress which sped up my site.

This week I'm writing 5 posts.

I need to post more on IG, but honestly, I don't care for it much. I hate the whole algorithm thing and the fact that the lifespan of a post is so short. My main concentration is Pinterest with all other social media as an afterthought.
I'm not really feeling IG but I'll just go ahead and do it. I need to edit my three posts because I forgot the hashtags.

My niche doesn't do that well on Pinterest so that sucks but I did learn something new about the keywords from just reading someone's post randomly. It appears, and it makes sense when you think about it Pinterest looks at the order of your keywords. I just thought they looked at all of them but it may be the order. I am doing an experiment to see what happens.

Reactions
46,591 610 202
Alleybux
So I submitted 2 requests to group boards and haven't heard from them. Ugh. One of them even had the nerve to list a follow as a requirement before you join the board. Please. If you're gonna make a request like that, you need to get back to people.

I sent in a new request to someone else I found regarding writing a guest post. I'll see how that goes.

Reactions
Alleybux
I only got 16/21 articles done. I spent time with family over the weekend instead of writing. I have 2 articles that are half done.

4/7 pins, but I have the graphics for the other 3. I also went through my analytics and one pin was responsible for almost all my traffic. I made a list of all the similar pages and will be creating pins for them.

2/7 pages revised. My problem here was that I didn't (and still don't) have a list of the pages I want to revise. I also need to take new photos for the pages. The entire process is taking longer than I anticipated.

0/1 YouTube videos. I don't like YouTube.:cautious:

This week I'm going to try for 17 articles, 7 pins, 3 page revisions, and a YouTube video.

Reactions
12,256 280 22
Alleybux
Not really sure. My last one was 1100 words. I'm gonna try to write two more this week and they will probably be around 700 each. What's your average?
My average is about 1200 words. I read that at least 2000 words is ideal but I have trouble doing that.

Reactions
46,591 610 202
Alleybux
My average is about 1200 words. I read that at least 2000 words is ideal but I have trouble doing that.
I read the longer the better but that is for the sake of Google. I have a hard time believing with our attention span that people are reading long blog posts. However, I can understand why because that's what Google says you gotta do to rank.

If you have trouble doing it and can't seem to press on then don't do it. People will be able to pick up on the padding.

@Lonewolf 98 on the other hand posts 300-word articles and it doesn't seem to affect her numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions
Alleybux
How many words on average are the articles all of you write?
Word count is only important for ranking in Google.

The easiest strategy is to match the word count of the site that is ranking first for the keyword you are targeting. The more advanced strategy is to use a service that analyses search results and gives you a word count. (Page Optimizer Pro, SurferSEO, Frase.io, CognitiveSEO, Cora)

Higher word counts do better for a couple of reasons. The first is that it makes it easier for Google to determine what the page is about. The second is that it helps the page to rank for long-tail keywords.

Is anyone going to read your entire 3,000-word article? Probably not.

People will read everything under a subheading that answers a specific question or describes something in detail. Keep in mind that you're not writing for one person, you're writing for a group of people.

Vice President of D & D Advertising
Reactions
58,230 781 105
Alleybux
So I submitted 2 requests to group boards and haven't heard from them. Ugh. One of them even had the nerve to list a follow as a requirement before you join the board. Please. If you're gonna make a request like that, you need to get back to people.

I sent in a new request to someone else I found regarding writing a guest post. I'll see how that goes.
Don't worry about group boards. I heard Pinterest isn't prioritizing group boards anymore.

How many words on average are the articles all of you write?
Right now my average around 1200 but my 2 most popular posts are 360 words and 515 words. They're linked to 2 of my most popular pins which happen to have trending Pinterest topics.

Reactions
46,591 610 202
Alleybux
Word count is only important for ranking in Google.

The easiest strategy is to match the word count of the site that is ranking first for the keyword you are targeting. The more advanced strategy is to use a service that analyses search results and gives you a word count. (Page Optimizer Pro, SurferSEO, Frase.io, CognitiveSEO, Cora)

Higher word counts do better for a couple of reasons. The first is that it makes it easier for Google to determine what the page is about. The second is that it helps the page to rank for long-tail keywords.

Is anyone going to read your entire 3,000-word article? Probably not.

People will read everything under a subheading that answers a specific question or describes something in detail. Keep in mind that you're not writing for one person, you're writing for a group of people.
I see what you're saying. Beat it at least once to get traffic to the site.

Reactions
Alleybux
How many visitors did you guys get your first month?
You should expect no traffic. Maybe average less than 1 visitor per day.

A small percentage of your articles/pages will generate the vast majority of your traffic. Anyone that is starting won't have very many articles. That means fewer chances to publish an article that brings in good traffic.

Reactions
46,591 610 202
Alleybux
You should expect no traffic. Maybe average less than 1 visitor per day.

A small percentage of your articles/pages will generate the vast majority of your traffic. Anyone that is starting won't have very many articles. That means fewer chances to publish an article that brings in good traffic.
I figured as much. So in this case should we just post once per week at a min and then just make sure we have at least 10 per month? I'm trying to do at least 2-3 but it is time-consuming especially when you work and have to deal with social media.

Reactions
46,591 610 202
Alleybux
I only really seem to get traffic from Google and Bing. Pinterest doesn't bring in much for me. I must be doing something wrong.
It is either your niche, or you are not pinning enough. Pinterest is time-consuming. It takes a lot of work to get views. You need 3k pins plus. Also, you need clickable pins. I need to learn how to do infographics.

How often are you pinning?

Reactions
12,256 280 22
Alleybux
It is either your niche, or you are not pinning enough. Pinterest is time-consuming. It takes a lot of work to get views. You need 3k pins plus. Also, you need clickable pins. I need to learn how to do infographics.

How often are you pinning?
Only once a week. I am guessing that is not nearly enough.

Reactions
Alleybux
I figured as much. So in this case should we just post once per week at a min and then just make sure we have at least 10 per month? I'm trying to do at least 2-3 but it is time-consuming especially when you work and have to deal with social media.
Are you getting traffic from social media? I'm going to guess no as the companies do not like to give free traffic out. They make money from selling traffic through ads.

Focus on learning one traffic source at a time. Bouncing around to other traffic sources is a waste of time.

Just focus on what you need to do to get better at Pinterest.
I only really seem to get traffic from Google and Bing. Pinterest doesn't bring in much for me. I must be doing something wrong.
That's to be expected unless you are specifically targeting Pinterest over Google. Google is the largest search engine followed by YouTube and then nothing else is close in terms of market share.

Reactions
Alleybux
Whelp, Google rolled out an update targeting review sites. My traffic was down 30% yesterday. I dropped from the first spot on keywords that were making good money. :cry:

I'm hopeful I'll see some recovery over the next week or so. I don't understand how old forum posts with incorrect information should be considered better content.

Vice President of D & D Advertising
Reactions
58,230 781 105
Alleybux
Whelp, Google rolled out an update targeting review sites. My traffic was down 30% yesterday. I dropped from the first spot on keywords that were making good money. :cry:

I'm hopeful I'll see some recovery over the next week or so. I don't understand how old forum posts with incorrect information should be considered better content.

Thanks for sharing. I have quite a few product roundups. I'm going to start focusing on more how-to's.

I follow a blogger whose site is about 99% roundups and approximately 300 words each. She's going to get hit hard!

Reactions
46,591 610 202
Alleybux

Yikes. That sucks. I hope your site recovers soon.

Reactions
46,591 610 202
Alleybux
Thanks for sharing. I have quite a few product roundups. I'm going to start focusing on more how-to's.

I follow a blogger whose site is about 99% roundups and approximately 300 words each. She's going to get hit hard!
Sounds that way. Article stated that Google is penalizing "templated" content which is a nice way of saying: unoriginal copy/paste jobs.

Reactions
Alleybux
Sounds that way. Article stated that Google is penalizing "templated" content which is a nice way of saying: unoriginal copy/paste jobs.
What Google says is happening and what is actually happening are completely different. The sites that are ranking are all pulling images and other information straight from Amazon.

For the majority of SERPs I've looked at, the quality of the information provided has gone down. Rewritten product descriptions would be an improvement.

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

What is it like living in Boston as a Black person?
Visited earlier this year; depends in the area you live in. Boston near Cambridge is ok. Near Harvard, ok. Near Roxbury, run down 80's version of...
YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/807274073154912286/833169727731400754/video0.mov I know Keef ain’t attempting to grind on another man when...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
Do you mean like she is waddling? I’m not sure, but I’ve only seen pregnant (usually heavily pregnant) women waddle/walk like a duck, so I haven’t...
How do you lose hips?
Losing hipz is NOT the goal. Just toning up. Hips are as Christ.
China is NOT 'taking over' Africa!
Why do you mean "yawn"? Is this your way of admitting that you're stupid? You claimed no ADOS want to live there and it's not true...
Any of You Dated White Cops or Firemen?
How did you meet him? I need to figure out how to meet a fireman without going to the fire station LOL Does stormfront have a singles sub?
Biden’s first time home buyer program
How about they give the people of poverty enough money to purchase a home with no stipulations??? If you mess the money up that's on you & you get...
Cardi B Deletes Tweet Criticizing 'Defund the Police' Movement : "We Need Cops and That's Facts...
I don't care for her but she know's what kind of savagery pedestrians are up against in the Bronx (where she's from and where her family still...
Top Bottom