Quantcast

Bobby McCulley III Kills His Wife and 2 Children in Murder-Suicide After She Posted About Abuse

Menina25

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,357 10,021 65
Alleybux
The couple's 1-year-old daughter was found safe after the murders.

A Missouri mother and two of her children were killed by her estranged husband days after a series of troubling Facebook posts.

On Thursday night, Roseann McCulley and her 13-year-old son Kayden Johnson and 6-year-old daughter Kaylee Brooks were fatally shot by her estranged husband, Bobby McCulley III, according to St. Louis County, WJHL and the Associated Press report.

Their bodies were found by officers who had responded to reports of a shooting. During their investigation, police learned the couple had a 1-year-old daughter, who was missing from the scene.

An AMBER Alert and called off hours later when the baby was dropped off at a relative's home early Friday morning.

As the manhunt for Bobby McCulley continued, the 35-year-old fatally shot himself. Police believe he killed himself as they were closing in on him.

Speaking to KMOV, one friend called Roseann McCulley a "very sweet girl" and revealed that the 34-year-old had recently started sharing troubling posts online.

According to Stephanie St. John, two weeks before her death, Roseann McCulley posted on her Facebook about being hospitalized, writing her husband "was able to stomp my chest and abdomen, so the bruising and swelling is really bad there."

RELATED: Deaths of Mo. Dad and His Young Sons, 3 and 4, Ruled a Murder-Suicide

After one post detailing the alleged abuse, Bobby McCulley wrote on Roseann's Facebook page, "Everyone enjoying the show! More to come."

Days later, Roseann McCulley would be dead.

Investigators believe Bobby McCulley held his family hostage in their own home for hours before killing them and taking the baby.

MissDeee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,653 714 149
Alleybux
Why of WHY was he still on her FB? This dude is crazy, he looks unsettled in that picture. RIP to the victims, he can rot!

misskori

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Men like this need to be put down, period. Rest in peace to those beautiful souls.

Honeydripper

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
108,122 6,294 2,486
Alleybux
"Able to stomp my chest and abdomen" what the fµck!! I can not understand this. This enrages me!! Stop posting and get a plan together and leave!! Ladies love yourself!! I suffer from low self esteem at times, but letting a dude beat you and stomp you into the ground will lead to nothing but death. Being single is ok. Her poor children I feel so bad for.

TiaJ88

Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
119,896 1,940 1,313
Alleybux
Wish he was shot dead before he had a chance to shoot her or the kids.

Rest In Peace to the woman and children that suffered because of this man.

Cocoa Bunny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,745 5,399 4,461
Alleybux

A Missouri mother and two of her children were killed by her estranged husband days after a series of troubling Facebook posts.

On Thursday night, Roseann McCulley and her 13-year-old son Kayden Johnson and 6-year-old daughter Kaylee Brooks were fatally shot by her estranged husband, Bobby McCulley III, according to St. Louis County, WJHL and the Associated Press report.

Their bodies were found by officers who had responded to reports of a shooting. During their investigation, police learned the couple had a 1-year-old daughter, who was missing from the scene.

An AMBER Alert and called off hours later when the baby was dropped off at a relative's home early Friday morning.

As the manhunt for Bobby McCulley continued, the 35-year-old fatally shot himself. Police believe he killed himself as they were closing in on him.

Speaking to KMOV, one friend called Roseann McCulley a "very sweet girl" and revealed that the 34-year-old had recently started sharing troubling posts online.

According to Stephanie St. John, two weeks before her death, Roseann McCulley posted on her Facebook about being hospitalized, writing her husband "was able to stomp my chest and abdomen, so the bruising and swelling is really bad there."

After one post detailing the alleged abuse, Bobby McCulley wrote on Roseann's Facebook page, "Everyone enjoying the show! More to come."

Investigators believe Bobby McCulley held his family hostage in their own home for hours before killing them and taking the baby.
@&#&#$&$& pos!
Smh rip to this poor lady and her children.

The CEO

HBIC
Reaction score
Reactions
82,325 1,667 439
Alleybux
I pray that one day men will no longer abuse women and children.

RIP to this lady and her two babies, and prayers for the baby still alive. :(

LaBamba

Up in the clouds, me and my sheitel
Reaction score
Reactions
251,233 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
He killed her, killed her two oldest children, his step children, but left his daughter unscathed.

Single mothers PLEASE just stay single until your kids are teens, if not grown. Time and time against statistics have shown the dangers of bringing unrelated men around your kids. For every blended family success story there are like 5 horror stories like this one. It’s not worth it.

This is so sad.

sade

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
144,657 7,683 10,557
Alleybux
I'm sorry but is it me or are these stories becoming way to prevalent in our community? Are there any numbers/data on these types of murders. This needs to be addressed by our organizations and no I don't mean BLM we have hundreds of other ones that can step up.

GrandWillow

scorpio sun. aries moon.
Reaction score
Reactions
15,255 499 19
Alleybux
I saw this on Instagram a short while back. Apparently the lady was active in the surgery community and was planning to get a procedure done for herself as a confidence boost and that made him insecure and this is what he did. A monster...

ThePrototype

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,787 709 517
Alleybux

This a dear friend of mine. She shared publicly her exit plan on her Facebook page.

My heart truly hurts for her. So when people say, “Why don’t women leave?”

Y’all really need to think about things like this.

JustKelly44

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
92,445 5,637 4,899
Alleybux
these stories are definitely more prevalent. I can think of two or three off the rip. India Mackey is one. She was much younger, and it was only her boyfriend but still.

WhewChileTheJello

Leftest Mafia Mama
Reaction score
Reactions
126,169 2,056 548
Alleybux
"Able to stomp my chest and abdomen" what the fµck!! I can not understand this. This enrages me!! Stop posting and get a plan together and leave!! Ladies love yourself!! I suffer from low self esteem at times, but letting a dude beat you and stomp you into the ground will lead to nothing but death. Being single is ok. Her poor children I feel so bad for.

I agree and they need to leave and go far away fast as possible. No staying in the same city or state. This stuff happens far too often and the kids are left with so much trauma. Most likely they won’t receive the mental healthcare they will need to address it.

waterflower

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,153 205 166
Alleybux

I agree and they need to leave and go far away fast as possible. No staying in the same city or state. This stuff happens far too often and the kids are left with so much trauma. Most likely they won’t receive the mental healthcare they will need to address it.

Sometimes it isn't that easy for someone to "just leave". Look how controlling he was. He held them hostage for several hours before killing them. Her public post was her cry for help.

Jake Steed

Realness Spitter
Reaction score
Reactions
27,436 4,281 11,688
Alleybux
He killed her, killed her two oldest children, his step children, but left his daughter unscathed.

Single mothers PLEASE just stay single until your kids are teens, if not grown. Time and time against statistics have shown the dangers of bringing unrelated men around your kids. For every blended family success story there are like 5 horror stories like this one. It’s not worth it.

This is so sad.

Didn't know the first two children weren't his.. Just another example that humans are more like animals, than not.. Remember, there are no step fathers in a lion pride.. Sad situation.

THE GREAT 1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,680 1,541 264
Alleybux
I wonder how long they were married...she married a monster. He terrorized that poor family before shooting them:( She should have been filing a report with her town's police department about the beatings instead of posting it on a public FB account that he had access to.

Shelby472MD.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,707 3,608 356
Alleybux
Bobby McCulley wrote on Roseann's Facebook page, "Everyone enjoying the show! More to come."

I wish there were some men in her family to gather his weak ass. My family is not going to let you rock after posting some sh*t like this on my page.

Beautiful woman and children. Tragic.

SupraneeSBM

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,147 609 178
Alleybux
Ladies, please be careful of the men you allow to tie themselves to you via children. This is her third baby daddy based on the children's last names.

Beyond him being an unhinged beta male, he likely held no regard for those children because they weren't his and no regard for her because she was on her way out of that relationship.

Last edited:

AshleyDavenport

Scheming Social Climber
Reaction score
Reactions
19,645 1,604 50
Alleybux
This a dear friend of mine. She shared publicly her exit plan on her Facebook page.

RIP to Roseann. Unfortunately he was unhinged and public shaming/unable to hide behind a facade any longer via the FB post may have tipped him over.

May he rot in hell.

Kum West

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,626 1,079 410
Alleybux

Im so sorry about your friend! Do you know if her family has her daughter? It would be a shame if his family keeps the baby knowing he murdered her mother!

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,322 11,266 1,506
Alleybux
More than 40% of Black women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime, according to the Institute of Women’s Policy Research’s Status of Black Women in the United States.

More disturbingly, Black women are 2.5 times more likely to be murdered by men than white women.

In the overwhelming majority of these cases — 92% — the person who killed them knew their victim. 56% of these homicides were committed by a current or former intimate partner. Nearly all —92% — of these killings were intra-racial, which means that they were committed by a Black man against a Black woman.

https://www.blackburncenter.org/post/2020/02/26/black-women-domestic-violence

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,631 13,169 1,666
Alleybux
and of course his mother helped him evade capture. she is the kind of pick me/mule that i despise.

What did his mother do?

Someone filed a DV complaint against him & didn't follow through in 2017 & they married in 2018. I hope to goodness that she didn't overlook DV serious enough to call the police to go on & marry him. In most states, even if she wasn't a filer the report would've been a searchable record.

Abducted baby safe after mother, 2 children killed in Missouri home; suspect found dead

"St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Wesley Bell said a domestic violence complaint was filed against Bobby McCulley in 2017, but the case wasn’t pursued because the victim declined to cooperate with investigators and evidence was scarce."

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,631 13,169 1,666
Alleybux
I wonder how long they were married...she married a monster. He terrorized that poor family before shooting them:( She should have been filing a report with her town's police department about the beatings instead of posting it on a public FB account that he had access to.

Someone filed a DV complaint against him but did not follow through and the case was dropped.
Abducted baby safe after mother, 2 children killed in Missouri home; suspect found dead

"Bobby McCulley and Roseann McCulley got married on July 29, 2018, and separated on Feb. 20, according to divorce papers filed late last month.."

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,571 21,354 16,209
Alleybux
I saw this on fb when it happened. She was apart of a group that I was in. It’s so sad that he did this to her and her kids. The police never protects women against abusive men. And this needs to stop!

Cognizant

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,566 2,518 2,500
Alleybux

He has got the same look in his eye as nearly all of the white "beardy boys" who are online demanding that women sublimate themselves to trans women.Look after yourselves , my AA/ADOS female cousins. You all know the statistics pertaining to murder in the U.S and who is being killed the most and who kills them the most.
Relationships consist of never being complacent in studying one's man/boyfriend/husband.
SAnd move in stealth when leaving one's abusive man. And absolutely "no" to social media posts of he knows one's page. Strangers agreeing and hyping is not the same as physical protection.
Peace.

Bombha

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,550 24 4
Alleybux
Every single time there is a post about women murdered the first comments are about what she should have done. None about how the man should have sought therapy/counseling, and none about how the state should step in to ensure protection for abused women and children who want to get cut all contact with an abuser.

Everytime you blame a women for her own murder, you make the assumption that choose to be with a murderer and not that that man choose to kill. Acknowledging red flags is extremely important but helping women get away from abusers once they see red flags is absolutely just as important.

AutumnShadow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,814 794 154
Alleybux

I am so sorry for your and her loved ones lost. People wonder why women don't leave, but honestly, it is the most dangerous time for them.

Someone sent me a video last night. It was the body cam footage from a police officer. Some cops were at a woman's house who had a restraining order filed against her abuser & they were asking her if she wanted to go stay with her sister & that she should get the locks changed asap (it even sounded like one was hinting that he would stay if she could get it done quickly). Well, the guy came home while they were all there & started shooting up the place. I know at least one officer died for sure. People really underestimate the danger women & their families and/or the people helping them are in when trying to leave an abuser

Messenger

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,910 159 269
Alleybux
He has got the same look in his eye as nearly all of the white "beardy boys" who are online demanding that women sublimate themselves to trans women..

This isn't the place for you to run off about your transphobia. Have some respect.

I can't fathom what her and her children must've felt, this is terrible and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. May she and her children rest in peace.

Reaction score
Reactions
12,058 223 4
Alleybux
That's awful. So cruel and unfair. I will never understand how someone can murder another human being, but murdering children is unfathomable.