Reaction score
Reactions
30,533 4,794 5,375
Alleybux
PICTURED: Bronx construction worker shot dead by man at work

• Lizbeth Mass, 52, was shot and killed by Jose Reyes, 66, on Wednesday
  • Lizbeth was working on City Island as a construction site flagger
  • She befriended Reyes and he would sometimes bring her sandwiches for lunch
  • On Wednesday, he 'exploded' when she introduced him to her boyfriend, Dwayne Walker
  • Walker, after watching Reyes gun down his girlfriend, got in his car and mowed him over
  • He then beat him and held him at the scene until police arrived
  • Reyes has been charged with murder, manslaughter

PICTURED: Bronx construction worker shot dead by man at work
41839904-9478803-image-a-2_1618584575552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ms. PrettyMac

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,446 328 52
Alleybux
This is terrible all the way around. Good thing the boyfriend was there to deliver some street justice until the cops came. I hope they aren’t too harsh on the boyfriend.

Canelli

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,515 3,016 1,276
Alleybux
May he rot under the jail. That video was hard to watch. Glad he got to experience a whole lot of pain before they took his ass in.

RIP Lizbeth.

pudding21

Hungry
Reaction score
Reactions
42,406 896 118
Alleybux
Understandable, can't say I wouldn't do the same if I had just witnessed someone murder a loved one right in front of my eyes.

madgoulding

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,649 1,843 925
Alleybux
Jesus. so women have to have steel strong boundaries in order to stay alive now? Had she refused the lunches, he would’ve been mad and probably tried to kill her too and since she accepted the lunches, he thought there was something going on? Smh

HelenSade

Ladies, Take His Draws!!!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
246,337 4,734 1,266
Alleybux
All that over some damn deli sandwiches. Sad. Some people are so lost.

dfgreen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,727 544 519
Alleybux
This is terrible all the way around. Good thing the boyfriend was there to deliver some street justice until the cops came. I hope they aren’t too harsh on the boyfriend.
What will it take for women to be safe from men like this?

cherrypop

i love hot sauce
Reaction score
Reactions
50,787 1,736 518
Alleybux
Jesus. so women have to have steel strong boundaries in order to stay alive now? Had she refused the lunches, he would’ve been mad and probably tried to kill her too and since she accepted the lunches, he thought there was something going on? Smh
women cant win with these kinds of men. in their minds the woman already belongs exclusively to him because hes 'chosen' her. if she takes the sandwich then shes accepting his love but he will kill her if HE thinks shes 'cheating'. if she looks at another man or some other nonsense he'd kill her. if she didnt take the sandwich she would be killed for refusing to accept him

Jay Johnson

The Obnoxious Gentleman
Reaction score
Reactions
335,742 66,311 616
Alleybux
This 66 yr old ghoul ended this woman's life for nothing. He thought he was entitled to her because of the punk ass sandwiches he was giving her. Jealous ass loser should be dead, but at least he'll die behind bars. RIP Lizbeth.

Gloves

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,825 933 693
Alleybux

Had she refused the lunches, or brought up her boyfriend at first, he liked would have lost interest. This is why you accept too much from men you're not interested in.

UglyFatGirl

Living Rent-Free in Taylor Swift's Bald Spots
Reaction score
Reactions
136,348 8,721 4,637
Alleybux
Poor lady. Does the video linked include footage of her death or is it only of her boyfriend beating the murder up?

4Shyts N Giggles

Macktress in the BackBish
Reaction score
Reactions
11,617 373 88
Alleybux
Liz (Lisy) has been my friend for the last 26 years. Her mom just passed a year ago! Her eldest daughter is now the matriarch for the family and she's only in her 30s. The youngest daughter was 4yrs old when her father was murdered in his apartment by a friend and left her there with his dead body for 2hrs.

What the news is not telling is that fkn gun was stolen from a cops house. That's all that's out there on City Island. Not only that, the man shot her because she was dating a black man. She told me long ago that older hispanic men don't like their women with black men. AT ALL. She was a kind, loving, generous soul and did not deserve this!

He didn't just bring stuff to her, he did for a couple of the workers. He met the boyfriend Dwayne, got agitated and left. He came back, shot her 3x while she was sitting on the curb, and when she tried to crawl away walked over and shot her 3 more times.

He should've died there too!! We hate him and what he took from us!! Her services are Thursday in bklyn. She was loved and will be terribly missed.

Jsolidus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
103,826 5,402 5,376
Alleybux
Had she refused the lunches, or brought up her boyfriend at first, he liked would have lost interest. This is why you accept too much from men you're not interested in.

I kind of agree with this. Its best not to accept anything from strangers you dont really know nor want to know. Even if you know them, I would still say no. People get weird when they continue to give you things, especially if you did nothing in return. What is their motive? What do they want from you?

After awhile people start thinking they own you and that they are more important then they really are. Also people use gifts as a way to get unnecessary close to you.

. My grandfather would always promise me and brother items but never deliver. It was cool when we were younger but as an adult it was stupid. One day I told him no and he acted like I slapped him. It took it as such a damn offense that I did not want any of imaginary gifts.

4Shyts N Giggles

Reaction score
Reactions
11,617 373 88
Alleybux
He brought lunch to a few of the construction workers, majority men. She said, he's a nice old guy who looked out for them from time to time. He didn't ask to date her and didn't give any indication he was a fkn lunatic. He was a mf that passed by on occasion, why would she tell him her personal business?? Dwayne had been up there numerous times but this was the first time they actually met.

How dare you try to make it her fault? ASsHole!

FruitCake

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,308 964 335
Alleybux
I kind of agree with this. Its best not to accept anything from strangers you dont really know nor want to know. Even if you know them, I would still say no. People get weird when they continue to give you things, especially if you did nothing in return. What is their motive? What do they want from you?

After awhile people start thinking they own you and that they are more important then they really are. Also people use gifts as a way to get unnecessary close to you.

. My grandfather would always promise me and brother items but never deliver. It was cool when we were younger but as an adult it was stupid. One day I told him no and he acted like I slapped him. It took it as such a damn offense that I did not want any of imaginary gifts.
My mother told me her mother always used to tell her "men don't give you nothing for free"

Balloo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,731 3,539 1,102
Alleybux
The boyfriend is a good man.

Real talk though, that's why as a woman you can't take pity on loner awkward men. They develop obsessions in the blink of an eye if you even say good morning to them. A lot of them are crazy.

FruitCake

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,308 964 335
Alleybux
Liz (Lisy) has been my friend for the last 26 years. Her mom just passed a year ago! Her eldest daughter is now the matriarch for the family and she's only in her 30s. The youngest daughter was 4yrs old when her father was murdered in his apartment by a friend and left her there with his dead body for 2hrs.

What the news is not telling is that fkn gun was stolen from a cops house. That's all that's out there on City Island. Not only that, the man shot her because she was dating a black man. She told me long ago that older hispanic men don't like their women with black men. AT ALL. She was a kind, loving, generous soul and did not deserve this!

He didn't just bring stuff to her, he did for a couple of the workers. He met the boyfriend Dwayne, got agitated and left. He came back, shot her 3x while she was sitting on the curb, and when she tried to crawl away walked over and shot her 3 more times.

He should've died there too!! We hate him and what he took from us!! Her services are Thursday in bklyn. She was loved and will be terribly missed.
I'm sorry for your loss...do you think they are leaving out the racism aspect on purpose?

SUINSC

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,634 813 285
Alleybux
This is a crying shame. Some men are so possessive and domineering. They do something nice for you and then they think they own you. Totally crazy.

pickle

All Star
Reaction score
Reactions
110,713 5,948 1,408
Alleybux
\The boyfriend's name is Dwayne, so I assume he is Black and the latino murder's racism and jealousy drove him into a rage in which he felt he needed to kill the woman because she was in love with a Black man. I feel horrible for the victim and the boyfriend, he better not catch a case for beating that latino. hispanics are more dangerous and racist that white.

stewpeas

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
102,882 5,265 4,056
Alleybux
This is sad. POS really let that plates of chicken and rice get to his head. I wish he would’ve been stomped out.

I stopped accepting things from men in college. I began to realize that those type of men were not doing nice things for me out of the goodness of their hearts, but so they could TRY to guilt me into being with or having xes with them. They’d get the “NO THANKS!” or “I’m good” real quick.

These type of men don’t do charity without expecting a reward.

RIP to this woman. I heard about this the day it happened and wondered what the hell could’ve caused it. Over a jealous b!tch who had created an entire relationship in his head.

Psalm

I groan back and sometimes I do so viciously
Reaction score
Reactions
283,912 18,832 4,093
Alleybux

My condolences to you and her family, kids and friends.

Lassy Hia

All Ova The Spectrum
Reaction score
Reactions
8,323 366 121
Alleybux
Poor lady. Does the video linked include footage of her death or is it only of her boyfriend beating the murder up?
Both.

I love instant justice, we need more of it. I'm tired of people thinking they are entitled to someone.

4Shyts N Giggles

Reaction score
Reactions
11,617 373 88
Alleybux
I'm sorry for your loss...do you think they are leaving out the racism aspect on purpose?
The news doesn't know the specifics. D answered a few questions but gave us the blow by blow..the shooters whole attitude changed as soon as he was introduced. He got hostile and agitated. I know that all of city islands racism came out in the comments of some of these articles. It hits different when you log on to take your mind of it and the first thing you see is your loved one. :sob:

The Muse

Put a dress on, let that p$$y breathe.
Reaction score
Reactions
39,885 2,456 1,717
Alleybux
That was smart. Had the boyfriend tried to physically restrain him using nothing, the boyfriend might've been killed too. The man had a gun and just murdered someone. Using a car to stop him is safer than trying to challenge him physically without a weapon.

4Shyts N Giggles

Reaction score
Reactions
11,617 373 88
Alleybux
This is sad. POS really let that plates of chicken and rice get to his head. I wish he would’ve been stomped out.

I stopped accepting things from men in college. I began to realize that those type of men were not doing nice things for me out of the goodness of their hearts, but so they could TRY to guilt me into being with or having xes with them. They’d get the “NO THANKS!” or “I’m good” real quick.

These type of men don’t do charity without expecting a reward.

RIP to this woman. I heard about this the day it happened and wondered what the hell could’ve caused it. Over a jealous b!tch who had created an entire relationship in his head.
Dwayne did stomp him! When the other man came to assist and held him down on the ground, D stomped on his body and then his head...this mf is pure evil! Htf he get hit by the car, dragged by the car in reverse, get 10 punches straight to the head, get stomped twice and you're still alive??? Omg, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him! Fkn coward! :sob: my friend, my sister, died for absolutely nothing..

madgoulding

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,649 1,843 925
Alleybux
I highly doubt that would happen. this is just another common case of gender violence. Man kills woman bc he can’t handle rejection. Bar none.

Loeny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,759 6,960 11,542
Alleybux
Unfortunately, the boyfriend is likely to be brought up on minor charges. Yes, he stopped the guy from shooting others but based on the recording some prosecutors will say he should have retreated after the punk was under control.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,763 1,511 698
Alleybux
Not only that, the man shot her because she was dating a black man. She told me long ago that older hispanic men don't like their women with black men. AT ALL.
I suspected that. Not only rejected, but she chose a Black guy apparently will send the entitled into a blind rage.

There is just so much going on in this story and most of it will be ignored by the media's coverage because it just doesn't fit with the stories they want to tell today.