Quantcast

Braids for someone with a big forehead?

19maria9

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
503 15 8
Alleybux
I have a big forehead and I'm having trouble finding a braided hairstyle that works with it. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Right now I'm walking around with braids that make my forehead look like a billboard.

Do braids just not work for someone with a big forehead? :disapointed:
If they are any styles that work please post pictures :shame:

gaptoof

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,738 947 867
Alleybux
Honestly I have a big forehead and I say just get the style you want. People will notice you, your 5head and your nice braids. Lots of women spend money on (weave) bangs etc to hide a forehead that everyone already knows is there. Look at RiRi. Her forehead has been great for years. JMO

I love Senegalese twists so that's my suggestion.

coppertop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,555 8,896 12,469
Alleybux
Braided-Mohawk-Hairstyles-for-Black-Women.jpg

Jesus Is Real

JESUS IS LORD SEEK TRUTH
Reaction score
Reactions
104 7 16
Alleybux
Meh. I don't know about braids for people with big foreheads. Don't they also work against your edges? You should find a hairstyle that compliments your beauty, not one that detracts from it.

Reaction score
Reactions
733 7 7
Alleybux
#Truth.... You couldn't have said it any better mamaa's I rep for the big forehead crew lol!!!
Honestly I have a big forehead and I say just get the style you want. People will notice you, your 5head and your nice braids. Lots of women spend money on (weave) bangs etc to hide a forehead that everyone already knows is there. Look at RiRi. Her forehead has been great for years. JMO

I love Senegalese twists so that's my suggestion.

Nori West

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,428 140 108
Alleybux
I have a huge forehead too and I honestly rock all types of braided hair styles. I recently had Senegalese twist though. Rock whatever you want too, like Rihanna.

brownskingyal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,441 26 31
Alleybux
the sooner u embrace your forehead the less of a damn you'll give and will just rock whatever the hell u want. I embraced mines a long time ago. BTW high foreheads are a regal feature.

QUeenPatra

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I have a huge forehead and i find that marley twist best suit me. I am natural and for the sake of my edges i just twist the perimeter of my head and then twiist the rest and wear it in a high bun, i feel like if wear my hair down it makes it look bigger

diamondsNcars

Take the SH out of IT
Reaction score
Reactions
1,129 51 27
Alleybux
I have a huge forehead as well, but that doesn't stop me from wearing braids and cornrows.

Sazzie

oh here go hell come
Reaction score
Reactions
34,166 421 137
Alleybux
Do what you want and don't worry about what people will think.

19maria9

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
503 15 8
Alleybux
the sooner u embrace your forehead the less of a damn you'll give and will just rock whatever the hell u want. I embraced mines a long time ago. BTW high foreheads are a regal feature.
I'm not trying to hide it, its not going away lol.
I'm just looking for a style to complement it.

DallasSweetz

Rookie
Reaction score
Alleybux
my forehead is massive and oddly enough when I try to wear bang styles it looks funny lol. I do my deep part and side bang

DreamBussy

Heaux Ho Hoe
Reaction score
Reactions
21,820 1,047 161
Alleybux
Top Knot w/ Jumbo Braided Bang

Side Part, Loosely Pin Both Sides Back

Side Part, Tightly Pin Both Sides Back

Deep Side Part, Over-The-Shoulder Hair w/ Loosely Braided Bang Pinned Back

Deep Side Part, Loose Jumbo Twist Cascading Down Leading Side Of Hair

Textured Bun Adorned w/ Scarf. OP you can make a jumbo braided bang, a jumbo two strand bang, or a straight swoop bang and tuck it under scarf or w/ bobby pins.

The guru in this pic parted her hair in half, braided the top half, and pinned back the back half. She tucked the top braid and called it a Lobster Claw Bang. You can copy this, put the back half in a medium or low bun, or put it in a ponytail.

I thought this style was cute and unique. You can play with it and make it your own. I would suggest keeping the french braids at the top/side but pull some hair out to swoop across your forehead then blend it into the jumbo braid. Play around until you're satisfied.

Deep Side Part, Loose & Messy Bang, Messy Over-The-Shoulder Jumbo Twist

DreamBussy

Heaux Ho Hoe
Reaction score
Reactions
21,820 1,047 161
Alleybux
OP as you can see on the top row, this guru has a large forehead. She creates beautiful styles you can recreate with your braids. The bottom row has styles that cover her head.

Another one of her cute styles.

High Ponytail, Swoop Bangs Pulled Up And Blended Into Ponytail

Pinned Updo Adorned With Scarf. OP you can make the scarf smaller. You can also play around with different ways to pin your updo. The scarf is cute and it covers the forehead.

Cute french twist. Deep side part, bangs twisted under, tucked and pinned.

Reverse French Braid, Adorned w Scarf, Ends Pulled Over Forehead & Pinned To Side

Pull All Hair Back Into High Ponytail. Leave A Little Of Ponytail Out While Twisting Rest Into Bun. Take Loose Section, Swoop To Side & Pin

or Leave Front Section Out For Bangs, Pull Rest Up Into High Bun, Pin Bang Back

Section Top Portion Off By Pulling To One Side Of Forehead And Making Jumbo Braid, Pull Rest Back Into Low Ponytail. Create 2-3 Medium Braids & Pin Into Large Bun. Take Jumbo Braid & Create Large Pin Curl

19maria9

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
503 15 8
Alleybux
OP as you can see on the top row, this guru has a large forehead. She creates beautiful styles you can recreate with your braids. The bottom row has styles that cover her head.

Another one of her cute styles.

High Ponytail, Swoop Bangs Pulled Up And Blended Into Ponytail

Pinned Updo Adorned With Scarf. OP you can make the scarf smaller. You can also play around with different ways to pin your updo. The scarf is cute and it covers the forehead.

Cute french twist. Deep side part, bangs twisted under, tucked and pinned.

Reverse French Braid, Adorned w Scarf, Ends Pulled Over Forehead & Pinned To Side

Pull All Hair Back Into High Ponytail. Leave A Little Of Ponytail Out While Twisting Rest Into Bun. Take Loose Section, Swoop To Side & Pin

or Leave Front Section Out For Bangs, Pull Rest Up Into High Bun, Pin Bang Back

Section Top Portion Off By Pulling To One Side Of Forehead And Making Jumbo Braid, Pull Rest Back Into Low Ponytail. Create 2-3 Medium Braids & Pin Into Large Bun. Take Jumbo Braid & Create Large Pin Curl

Thank you! I will definitely try one of the styles you posted. Nice to find another Bronzegoddess fan one on LSA. :) Thanks again