Brandy's Brokenhearted, Aaliyah's The One I Gave My Heart To, or Monica's Why I Love You So Much

Brandy's Brokenhearted, Aaliyah's The One I Gave My Heart To, or Monica's Why I Love You So Much?

• Brokenhearted

Votes: 119 46.1%
  • The One I Gave My Heart To

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • Why I Love You So Much

Votes: 94 36.4%

• Total voters
Reactions
4,671 19 4
Alleybux
Brokenhearted got more play on my walkman. LOL
Helped me through a terrible funk.
Ms. Thang did her thing on thang on that cut.

GEMS FOR GALAXIES
Reactions
150,469 5,291 3,678
Alleybux
Brokenhearted currently in the lead.

giphy.gif

Reactions
44,838 1,384 270
Alleybux
This is a tough one! I love all of them, but I went with Aaliyah. After that, I’d say Monica, then Brandy.

The irony, Brandy was always my fav of the 3, but that song didn’t hit me the way the other two did.

Supporting Abused women regardless of race
Reactions
122,728 1,086 618
Alleybux
Aaliyah. The One I gave my heart to. She was going through it in the Video:LOL:!
Brandy. Broken Hearted
Monica. Why I love you so much.

Not for nothing ,all three women can sing for real but they sounded so different from each other in Rnb.

Reactions
20,820 158 171
Alleybux
Aaliyah's death really reduced the impact of her music. In the 90s, Brandy and Monica stood no chance against Aaliyah. So many people loved her music and respected her craft.

Excuse me?! The audacity! You clearly didn't experience the 90s bc aaliyah ain't have shit on monica & damn sure not on brandy. Brandy was the fucking shit in the 90s. She was the top teen r&b artist. Brandy had her own doll, multi platinum albums & her own tv show when was 15. Aaliyah wasn't selling records like brandy. Aaliyah did not have that & she doesn't sing better than brandy & monica. Y'all stay trying to canonize aaliyah. Everybody else act like they're scared to say it but imma say it. Aaliyah was not popping like that in the 90s. Period

GEMS FOR GALAXIES
Reactions
150,469 5,291 3,678
Alleybux
Excuse me?! The audacity! You clearly didn't experience the 90s bc aaliyah ain't have shit on monica & damn sure not on brandy. Brandy was the fucking shit in the 90s. She was the top teen r&b artist. Brandy had her own doll, multi platinum albums & her own tv show when was 15. Aaliyah wasn't selling records like brandy. Aaliyah did not have that & she doesn't sing better than brandy & monica. Y'all stay trying to canonize aaliyah. Everybody else act like they're scared to say it but imma say it. Aaliyah was not popping like that in the 90s. Period
Well that was rude...

972e27b555c035a0ffb1acb4cff5691d4e30b250.gifv

I can admit I got my words wrong. I was trying to say that Aaliyah was in her own lane and never got coined a "teen star". She was respected among her peers and in a league of her own. Obviously Brandy had the most success but Aaliyah was a big deal too!

Reactions
20,820 158 171
Alleybux
Definitely why I love you so much. Monica sung tf outta that song
Well that was rude...

972e27b555c035a0ffb1acb4cff5691d4e30b250.gifv

I can admit I got my words wrong. I was trying to say that Aaliyah was in her own lane and never got coined a "teen star". She was respected among her peers and in a league of her own. Obviously Brandy had the most success but Aaliyah was a big deal too!

Lol it's not rude, it's just the truth. You didn't get your words wrong. You just said how you feel, which nothing is wrong w/that but the thing is, so many people make aaliyah out to be this mega, international superstar, even comparing her to beyonce like...please say psych : unamused: when her last album dropped, it flopped like...bad! People try to act like aaliyah was hot shit when she was alive, which is furthest from the truth. Aaliyah is more known for her industry connections & relationships than her music. Even the movies she was in was trash. She wasn't a big deal back in the 90s. Her albums didn't do that good. Check the soundscan from when her albums dropped. One in a million did the best. It did better than her other 2 albums but it was bc of the production, not her

1491c96ac74ed2d90c38e6776a107eb1.gif

Reactions
2,681 13 3
Alleybux
Definitely why I love you so much. Monica sung tf outta that song

Lol it's not rude, it's just the truth. You didn't get your words wrong. You just said how you feel, which nothing is wrong w/that but the thing is, so many people make aaliyah out to be this mega, international superstar, even comparing her to beyonce like...please say psych : unamused: when her last album dropped, it flopped like...bad! People try to act like aaliyah was hot shit when she was alive, which is furthest from the truth. Aaliyah is more known for her industry connections & relationships than her music. Even the movies she was in was trash. She wasn't a big deal back in the 90s. Her albums didn't do that good. Check the soundscan from when her albums dropped. One in a million did the best. It did better than her other 2 albums but it was bc of the production, not her

1491c96ac74ed2d90c38e6776a107eb1.gif

Aaliyah was virtually a semi independent artist like sza with blackground records they didn't release most of her music commercially hence why most of songs charted on the airplay charts instead of the billboard 200 and a song like try again charts #1 based of airplay alone her last album had her biggest 1st week sales with a weak lead single and still went gold before she died despite her label doing her and their other artists dirty she 2 multi platinum albums multiple hits based on airplay while competing with brandy and Monica performed at the Oscars, had a hit movie and platinum sound track was going to perform at the mtv awards the same year she was on way up!

Reactions
20,820 158 171
Alleybux
her last album had her biggest 1st week sales with a weak lead single and still went gold before she died despite her label doing her and their other artists dirty she 2 multi platinum albums multiple hits based on airplay while competing with brandy and Monica performed at the Oscars, had a hit movie and platinum sound track was going to perform at the mtv awards the same year she was on way up!

Even her biggest first week sales, was only 180k the 1st week. That's subpar & her album was #19 & ONLY went to #1 bc of her tragedy. Sympathy sales. She did not have a hit movie. That movie was all about jet li. You ain't gonna try to give that credit to her now. She wasn't even the main character nor was she the catalyst for that soundtrack :joy: that soundtrack was...yawn. You acting like it was purple rain or some shit :laughing:

Anywho, aaliyah couldn't touch monica & especially brandy's career w/a 10 ft pole. She didn't do as good as them. They were forces to be reckoned with. What you mentioned was just...average. To sell so many albums, have a hit tv show & a doll at that age? That's a big damn deal. Aaliyah was not making them moves nor pulling them numbers. Aaliyah was not on her way up bc she wasn't even doing records anymore bc they weren't doing that good. Hell, even the movies she was in were snooze festivals. I'm sorry to burst y'all bubbles but...her career just wasn't that great

tumblr_inline_p7fy779LsR1qc05f6_400.gifv

The Culture

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Mom says she dont want to see us until we are vaccinated!
And thats your choice but if people don’t want to be around you dont whine and complain And it is a anti vaccine person choice if they choose to...
Fully vaccinated travellers test positive in Sydney hotel quarantine
Six people who tested positive for COVID-19 in hotel quarantine in the past three weeks had already been fully vaccinated overseas, revealing the...
YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
The comments under Jeremy’s picture has me cracking up lol I was in the middle of reading them comments and as I was scrolling a message popped...
Ma'khia Bryant's family tell their story of what happened before the shooting
Sad. As I suspected given all the adults standing around and actually aggravating the situation, Ma'Khia was failed from day one. She had zero...
Phaedra is excited Kenya regrets flirting with Apollo
All that is true but Apollo was right with it. Phaedra didn't take vows with Kenya, she took them with Apollo. There is no JUST as wrong when one...
Jt tweets “happy Mother’s Day to me, I have throat kids”
She’s such a loser. And this is an almost 30 year old woman talking like this. This generation is lost and turn out. It’s actually sad and sickening.
Steve Harvey went all out for his wife Marjorie for Mother's Day, getting her a rack of designer...
This is so ghetto and tacky and especially at their overgrown age. What part of theeee ghetto is this? I’m trying to see somethin.
East Africans, What do you love about being us?
I'm not east african but I love when I get mistaken as one (specifically Ethiopian) because they are so beautiful
Top Bottom