Quantcast

Brandy's Brokenhearted, Aaliyah's The One I Gave My Heart To, or Monica's Why I Love You So Much

Brandy's Brokenhearted, Aaliyah's The One I Gave My Heart To, or Monica's Why I Love You So Much?

• Brokenhearted

Votes: 121 46.2%
  • The One I Gave My Heart To

Votes: 45 17.2%
  • Why I Love You So Much

Votes: 96 36.6%

• Total voters

It Girl

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
43,631 1,042 574
Alleybux
If its the album version, Brokenhearted all day

But if its the remix, Monica wins

It Girl

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
43,631 1,042 574
Alleybux
And it's ridiculous bc you shouldn't have to feel that way. People just can't handle the truth. I keep trying to tell mfs she wasn't that popular but they always wanna throw tantrums & sh!t :rolleyes: it's ridiculous how she keeps getting compared to or put above artists like beyonce, brandy etc when she wasn't as popular, talented nor did numbers like them. All they gotta do is check the soundscan from the 90s but they don't wanna do that bc the truth hurts. One time somebody got mad bc I compared aaliyah to jhene aiko :laughing:
I think Aaliyah's career was comparable to Monica's. When she released the OIAM album Brandy and Monica weren't promoting their first album anymore so Aaliyah had the lane to herself. She made a huge impact with that album.

Aaliyah didn't do as well stat wise but she had a really good run and I don't think its fair to discredit her. At the time of her death her last big hit (Try Again) was way bigger than Brandy and Monica's last hit.

It' not even fair to compare them. They all excelled in different areas.

ButterCup95

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,633 2,127 2,420
Alleybux
Any thread with aaliyahs name in it is bound to bring haters like clockwork. Anyways I’m going to go with Monica on this one, then brandy, then Aaliyah. WILYSM is one of my favorite love songs of all time.

SunkissedBri

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,211 772 1,013
Alleybux
I think Aaliyah's career was comparable to Monica's. When she released the OIAM album Brandy and Monica weren't promoting their first album anymore so Aaliyah had the lane to herself. She made a huge impact with that album.

Aaliyah didn't do as well stat wise but she had a really good run and I don't think its fair to discredit her. At the time of her death her last big hit (Try Again) was way bigger than Brandy and Monica's last hit.

I wasn't comparing them tho. Someone else was. I was just responding to it. That's why I told sis that you clearly didn't experience the 90s bc everyone from that time, knows that aaliyah wasn't popping like that. You can go back & look up everything I'm saying. Aaliyah wasn't topping charts like brandy & monica did. Y'all have to understand that just bc someone says something you don't agree w/doesn't, mean they're discrediting someone. It's just the truth. Some people can't accept that but that's just what it is

Aaliyah never had a huge impact on anything. Idk what your definition of huge is but nothing aaliyah has ever done, was huge. She was just a mediocre artist. You're talking about "it's not fair" no. It is fair bc the numbers & the receptions don't lie but don't say it's not fair to compare them then say that aaliyah's last hit was bigger than brandy & monica's last hit bc that's where your contradiction & bias comes in. For one, if try again was the best she could do & the best you can come up with, that, by itself, solidifies my point :laughing: anything aaliyah has ever made, did not do better than anything brandy & monica has ever made. You don't have to take my word for it. You can look it up

Akimbo

Cheverly Remembrance Week: April 15-21
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
332,686 20,846 4,110
Alleybux

Being honest is not discrediting her. A font in here lied and said that Brandy and Monica didn’t stand a chance against Aaliyah. These people will tell the boldest lies, then call people haters or act like victims when others bring them back to reality.

Aaliyah has a great run, lots of bops, great style, pretty, iconic, all of that, and she was still the number three girl.

Considering that numbers one and two were Brandy and Monica, that is still damn good.