Quantcast

Braxton Family Values Season 7 Official Thread

Candi2012

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,214 1,616 3,904
Alleybux
IDK :e6_25:if that's the case then that new man must simply be a "stand-in" because if a woman is truly happy and fulfilled there is no way she is still sitting around mad 20 years later.

Also, their dad said there was no more love in the marriage...IMO she blames the other woman for that, but she should realize by now that a woman can't take a man he has to want and be willing to go.

I don't know that she is sitting around moping and mad. She just doesn't want to be around him, and certainly doesn't want to vacation with him and his wife. Do you actually think that if she was happily married now, that she wouldn't mind vacationing with the man who left her penniless, etc.?

rennieD

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,463 192 83
Alleybux
I don't know that she is sitting around moping and mad. She just doesn't want to be around him, and certainly doesn't want to vacation with him and his wife. Do you actually think that if she was happily married now, that she wouldn't mind vacationing with the man who left her penniless, etc.?
No I don't think she would want to be vacation buddies with them I simply think she wouldn't be as upset after so much time has passed. It seems like she's ok to be in his presence as long as his new wife isn't there

Laura Winslow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,666 17 5
Alleybux
Chile YES. People acting like they didn't see Vince's emotionally and verbally abusive ass all these season later. I remember watching it with my mom and my mom was blaming Tamar and Im like, do you not see how Vince is talking to her? :e5_25:

Right, it's easy for folks to blame her but it really ain't her, most times it's him.

angeleyez

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
2,174 15 9
Alleybux
I know they like to cut and paste scenes together to make an episode, so I was wonderingly if Tamar's song My Man, was inspired after the drama of their family vacation. It would make sense to me in going with the flow of this season than her recording it beforehand. Either way she sounds great.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,183 30 6
Alleybux
I've been re-watching the series now that's it's finished.
In Season 1, all the girls and Evelyn flew to Traci and were going to meet up with the dad. Evelyn had agreed to it saying she was fine seeing him for the sake of the girls. He was a 'no show' and all the sisters were upset and Evelyn was the voice of reason, saying to give the dad a chance to explain his reasons. I was kind of surprised to hear her be so reasonable where Braxton was concerned.
Then later when he comes up to Atlanta and joins them all for lunch, Mommy's true feeling came out - there was no forgiveness or kind feelings from her towards Braxton. I think she was just pretending before for the girls. I think it would have been the same if he'd showed up at the first lunch. She hates that man and will not forget.
She said he'd burn in hell for what he did.

I'm sure that's why she's never really dated or remarried. She'll never get over what he did.

Candi2012

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,214 1,616 3,904
Alleybux
In Season 1, all the girls and Evelyn flew to Traci and were going to meet up with the dad. Evelyn had agreed to it saying she was fine seeing him for the sake of the girls. He was a 'no show' and all the sisters were upset and Evelyn was the voice of reason, saying to give the dad a chance to explain his reasons. I was kind of surprised to hear her be so reasonable where Braxton was concerned.
Then later when he comes up to Atlanta and joins them all for lunch, Mommy's true feeling came out - there was no forgiveness or kind feelings from her towards Braxton. I think she was just pretending before for the girls. I think it would have been the same if he'd showed up at the first lunch. She hates that man and will not forget.

I'm sure that's why she's never really dated or remarried. She'll never get over what he did.

She has dated on the show, and perhaps off the show. The one guy that she was with for a time was a doctor (according to the show), however, once things started to go bad he stalked her. They also showed her dating a white guy, and a Black guy who golfed (he was seen on a commercial and perhaps on another show). On the prior season, Trina set up this dating get together at her restaurant. It was like meeting and chatting with different people for a limited amount of time.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,183 30 6
Alleybux
She has dated on the show, and perhaps off the show. The one guy that she was with for a time was a doctor (according to the show), however, once things started to go bad he stalked her. They also showed her dating a white guy, and a Black guy who golfed (he was seen on a commercial and perhaps on another show). On the prior season, Trina set up this dating get together at her restaurant. It was like meeting and chatting with different people for a limited amount of time.

yes, I remember her dating those fellows, but I think it was more like just going out socially, not dating with thoughts of a relationship - at least to me.
She (Evelyn) was so young when she got with Braxton, I think she said she was 15, he was probably her first and only boyfriend.

dibbledabble

Hey Sister, Go Sister, Soul Sister
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
48,685 1,968 446
Alleybux
Being betrayed and abandoned by your husband especially a man of the" faith" and you are a deeply trusting woman it will mess with your head. Because Christianity says God fixes all things, He hates divorce the devil trying to tear up the family all that and when its all over no matter how much you prayed well lets just say it changes how you see everything, God, people you dont trust anything or anyone

Candi2012

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,214 1,616 3,904
Alleybux
yes, I remember her dating those fellows, but I think it was more like just going out socially, not dating with thoughts of a relationship - at least to me.
She (Evelyn) was so young when she got with Braxton, I think she said she was 15, he was probably her first and only boyfriend.

You could be right, but I got the impression that she was sleeping with that Doc guy.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,183 30 6
Alleybux
You could be right, but I got the impression that she was sleeping with that Doc guy.

I've just watched the show where Evelyn talked to the girls about Doc and introduced the Doctor to the Trina, and have to say that I see what your saying, she must have thought it was serious if she wanted the girls to meet him. But then it looked that he was way more interested than her. He was the one that was talking about spending his life with Evelyn. She seemed keen on him, but when he said that she didn't look happy about that.

Then in the next episode she announced that she was taking a break from him as it seemed they wanted different things.
I took that to mean she didn't really want a relationship.
I just don't think with her upbringing and long marriage at such a young age that she'd be 'doing it' outside of marriage.

Agapebabe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
18,844 524 315
Alleybux

I believe she's over what he did but she's still very bothered by the fact that he hasn't apologized to her for it. Wanda either.

Tan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,516 586 166
Alleybux

She was engaged to the doctor and if I am not mistaken, she was talking about them working together couseling people.

Tan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,516 586 166
Alleybux
Yep, that gaslighting is som'n else ain't it?! That London trip is a perfect example. I also didn't realize how many times he would hop out of nowhere to "tell her bout herself". The one where she compared Val to Vince in confessional and he got angry, appeared and said she sounded stupid. Crazy thing is when you binge watch the stuff stands out bc you see it back-to-back. Emotional abuse is horrible but it is also normalized and downplayed a lot and its affects are the same...a shame.
Tamar has her ways but my heart goes out to her.

I think the worse was when she did her show and after was talking to the two guys. She said something like Vince don't want to admit it but he don't like him touching me like that. He came in the room like I told you about your mouth. She was like what.... What did I say? Start around the 40:20 min mark.

http://dai.ly/x3o6sq8

Tan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,516 586 166
Alleybux
The girls sound like they're trying to absolve wanda of any wrongdoing because they see she wasn't in daddy ear saying to have nothing to do with them.

However, she was smiling in the family's face knowing she was having an affair with braxton for all those year and still hasn't taken accountability and apologized. She is not to be trusted and that's what I think evelyn wants the girls to understand first and then if they want to go forward with a relationship anyway that's on them.

Right. She mentioned everytime I looked up she was there. The fact that she came to their wedding anniversay celebration says a lot. She knew he was married and choose to get into an affair.

Tan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,516 586 166
Alleybux
I'd really like to get more of the story, as Braxton Sr. has already said it's none of their business. The little he offered about Wanda just being a friend, doesn't match with Ms. E's account of him laying it low and spreading it wide. She said there were several women. Would Wanda agree that there were other women? What's the story about her children, perhaps a prior husband, was she a member of the church, was she "friendly" with Ms. E.? Did the court order them to go to a counselor, or did Ms. E. want to try to save her marriage? There are plenty more questions, but I'll just start with those...

Ms. E said she was a co-worker..... I assume his.

Laura Winslow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,666 17 5
Alleybux
I think the worse was when she did her show and after was talking to the two guys. She said something like Vince don't want to admit it but he don't like him touching me like that. He came in the room like I told you about your mouth. She was like what.... What did I say? Start around the 40:20 min mark.

http://dai.ly/x3o6sq8

Yeah I remember that one. Granted, she poked fun at him a bit but it was harmless. Him and LaShawn talked about (in front of a room full of friends) how "thirsty" she was to get him when they started dating but she laughed it off. When it's her he takes stuff too far and gets mean. He pops up out the blue to intimidate and put words in her mouth. Him continually derailing a scene says a lot about his self control. That's not what you do to your wife. Now she's Vince this&that since their altercation so idk if he's gotten better for this season...we'll see. Treatment like that is such a pet peeve of mine tho.

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,513 13,177 1,855
Alleybux
Chile YES. People acting like they didn't see Vince's emotionally and verbally abusive ass all these season later. I remember watching it with my mom and my mom was blaming Tamar and Im like, do you not see how Vince is talking to her? :e5_25:
My friend's theory is that the Black women viewers are so used to abuse that it doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

I fought her and hoped she wasn't right. But all these seasons in and it's proven.

Again I think next to Tiny & TI, Tamar & Vince are the most visible African American abusive marriage in the United States.

Laura Winslow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,666 17 5
Alleybux
My friend's theory is that the Black women viewers are so used to abuse that it doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

I fought her and hoped she wasn't right. But all these seasons in and it's proven.

Again I think next to Tiny & TI, Tamar & Vince are the most visible African American abusive marriage in the United States.

Yeah I think your friend's theory is valid. Statistics prove it. To add, the premise of the show is to normalize and romanticize what they have. She'll downplay/laugh at that and play up the perks. Then you hear girls saying they want them a Vince. Emotional/mental abuse is downplayed a lot bc we didn't see a K.O. but the outcome is still detrimental. We turn a blind eye to abuse as well as mental health in our communities and it's sad.

SheSheWright

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,209 1,822 2,367
Alleybux
I know I'm super late (just getting to binge watch the season) but so far all I have to say is:

1.) Yes Toni, that was a video dress.

2.) Logan did NOT say "I'm telling mama." he said "I'm telling mom mom" and he looked right at miss Wanda like "You know you ain't supposed to be here"

3.) Andre does seem to take care of those kids.

4.) I knew Tamar was bringing Vince on the Sister's trip the moment they said "no spouses..." it was all over her face.

5.) They need to stop bringing the infidelity up to Miss Evelyn...she really does seem to want to get on with her life. They're so busy trying to be sensitive that they keep it at the forefront. She seems pretty certain that Michael Braxton can kick rocks even though he seems to still love her which is kinda weird. That was her first love though he probably took her virginity. So they really need to give her some space on it.

shampoona

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,063 943 79
Alleybux
I'm sure there's a story but how is this titled Season 7 when I saw on wiki that they just ended their FIFTH season?

Is it the month long breaks in between that's throwing people off?

Not sure why I never paid much attn to it on the older board but I was trying to go back to an older thread and started to get lost until I found the episode dates via Wikipedia.

bgrits

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,928 1,136 475
Alleybux
I agree whole heartedly she needs to let it go!

You know they say whatever age you were when a trauma happens to you that if don't get help you will mentally stay in that age.

Evelyn got married at 18 and by reading Toni's book, she stayed that age mentally while raising children so when the Daddy cheated she acted like an 18-year-old who got cheated on.