BREAKING: A new bill proposed in the Minnesota would make anyone convicted of a crime at a protest/march ineligible for student loans/financial aid

General Manager
Reactions
31,557 786 1,430
Alleybux
would make anyone convicted of a crime at a protest ineligible for student loans
Why do people seem to be ignoring the bolded? Protesting in and of itself is not a crime. Looting, burning buildings, etc. is not the same. And I don’t even think of Blacks first when I think of the looting. Honestly, I think about Antifa. Like the havoc they’re wreaking in Portland. You th this is “protesting?”

Dollars to donuts the people burning down these places aren’t looking for scholarships anyway. And even if they are, I’d rather that money go to normal, sane students. But there need to be disincentives put in place to curb the looting and such. Protest, fine. Looting, not fine. Seems pretty academic.

#TeamMe
Reactions
186,388 5,236 8,815
Alleybux
Blk people need to stay the hell away from these "protests", BLM is not out movement!
No respectable Black woman should step a foot in these events!
someone with a brain and not overly emotional.
They just burned down an apple store and shot at National Guard.

These aren't peaceful protests. These are riots destroying cities.

Mizz Andrist
Reactions
17,691 886 266
Alleybux
we all have a right to assembly. Not smash windows, set shit on fire, attack random people and destroy the city.
I get that but people are often wrongfully arrested at protests. There were journalists arrested at anti-Trump protests just for being there. A bill of this type only serves to strongly discourage citizens from exercising their right to public assembly.

#TeamMe
Reactions
186,388 5,236 8,815
Alleybux
I get that but people are often wrongfully arrested at protests. There were journalists arrested at anti-Trump protests just for being there. A bill of this type only serves to strongly discourage citizens from exercising their right to public assembly.
then it sounds like anyone and everyone needs to choose their battles.

I've seen some very peaceful demonstrations and none involve molotov cocktails and looting.

Starter
Reactions
331 3 5
Alleybux
Another Anti-black policy, people please pay attention this could pass. All awhile in Congress there about to pass a Anti-Asian Hate Bill. Where is the Anti-Black Racial Profiling, Police Harassment and Hate Bill.

Starter
Reactions
331 3 5
Alleybux
Exactly. BW keep your asses outta them streets and you won't have to worry about your financial aid getting snatched. End of.
I mean, I feel where you're coming from. I'm getting tired of black women supporting black men on all fronts and not receiving the same support from black men. I can't even be mad at you.

Last edited:
Censored
Reactions
86,039 2,347 4,568
Alleybux
So Republicans are working to pass laws to make it legal to run protesters over with a car and legal to snatch protester’s financial aid and simultaneously working to pass hundreds of bills nationwide to disenfranchise us. None of this is surprising. What is surprising is that idiots still show up here claiming that “both parties are the same.”

Starter
Reactions
331 3 5
Alleybux
Why do people seem to be ignoring the bolded? Protesting in and of itself is not a crime. Looting, burning buildings, etc. is not the same. And I don’t even think of Blacks first when I think of the looting. Honestly, I think about Antifa. Like the havoc they’re wreaking in Portland. You th this is “protesting?”

Dollars to donuts the people burning down these places aren’t looking for scholarships anyway. And even if they are, I’d rather that money go to normal, sane students. But there need to be disincentives put in place to curb the looting and such. Protest, fine. Looting, not fine. Seems pretty academic.
Girl what universe do you live in, because you definitely don't live in this Amerricca. Looting is already a crime, so is Arsenic. The intent of this bill is to soley target young black people who decide to participate in protest. This isn't about Antifa, those people are not in college nor do they intend to go to college. But the black kids you see protesting on your social media feed are.

#CutTheApronStrings
Reactions
224,232 2,634 1,696
Alleybux
If the students burned the Minnesota capitol to the ground in response I will sip my chamomile tea and watch the latest movie on Netflix.

The racist bastards are creating their own climate for terrorism and deserve whatever they get.

General Manager
Reactions
14,328 941 306
Alleybux
If the students burned the Minnesota capitol to the ground in response I will sip my chamomile tea and watch the latest movie on Netflix.

The racist bastards are creating their own climate for terrorism and deserve whatever they get.
I think Democrats control the MN legislature so this probably won't even happen

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Issa Rae hurt Lauren London’s feelings...
Why was Lauren offended? She is constantly portrayed as the attractive, highly desirable woman in movies and TV series. Her acting skills aren't...
4yo found dead with multiple wounds in apparent murder in Mountain Creek, Dallas police say...
I watch the film and I have questions. Why was he so comfortable in that house? How does he know which room to go to to find the child? Could it...
IG influencer: Jalisa E. Vaughn
Because the peloton was a pandemic prop to hide the narrative of a pregnant before marriage christiany influencer. Ok. Got it.. smh wasting money
Sierra Leone has sold it's rainforest to China for $55 million
China‘s gonna be eating good. Pangolins are a delicacy there. Also, Allegedly a bat transmitted the coronavirus to the pangolin which then...
The Clubhouse App Official Discussion Thread
Wow look at me in 70s attire and wig on the set of the movie dolemite starring eddy murphy . Thanks fans
Calling Me A Pick Me Isn't An Insult
I don’t think people fully understand the concept of a pick me. A pick me is someone who has low self esteem snd her entire identity stems from...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
Henry: posts a polite statement telling looney tunes to stop tuning Most fans: thats pretty polite and reasonable - I hope those people calm down...
Tokyo Vanity speaks on the double standards Black women face while dating Black men.
So you think nonBlack men don't believe any of the stereotypes about BW? Why are you incogn?
Top Bottom