Quantcast

BREAKING: A new bill proposed in the Minnesota would make anyone convicted of a crime at a protest/march ineligible for student loans/financial aid

afroboho

#TeamMe
Reaction score
Reactions
200,382 6,174 9,664
Alleybux
Blk people need to stay the hell away from these "protests", BLM is not out movement!
No respectable Black woman should step a foot in these events!
someone with a brain and not overly emotional.
They just burned down an apple store and shot at National Guard.

These aren't peaceful protests. These are riots destroying cities.

D E L E T E

DELETE ACCOUNT
Reaction score
Reactions
86,235 6,032 1,872
Alleybux
we all have a right to assembly. Not smash windows, set sh!t on fire, attack random people and destroy the city.
I get that but people are often wrongfully arrested at protests. There were journalists arrested at anti-Trump protests just for being there. A bill of this type only serves to strongly discourage citizens from exercising their right to public assembly.

Mrs Ossoff

The one and only
Reaction score
Reactions
94,302 1,314 559
Alleybux
GQP Republicans have made it very easy. If you or someone you know votes republican, you are voting for fascism.

afroboho

#TeamMe
Reaction score
Reactions
200,382 6,174 9,664
Alleybux
I get that but people are often wrongfully arrested at protests. There were journalists arrested at anti-Trump protests just for being there. A bill of this type only serves to strongly discourage citizens from exercising their right to public assembly.
then it sounds like anyone and everyone needs to choose their battles.

I've seen some very peaceful demonstrations and none involve molotov cocktails and looting.

GloriaLegay

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
471 22 44
Alleybux
Another Anti-black policy, people please pay attention this could pass. All awhile in Congress there about to pass a Anti-Asian Hate Bill. Where is the Anti-Black Racial Profiling, Police Harassment and Hate Bill.

GloriaLegay

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
471 22 44
Alleybux
Exactly. BW keep your asses outta them streets and you won't have to worry about your financial aid getting snatched. End of.
I mean, I feel where you're coming from. I'm getting tired of black women supporting black men on all fronts and not receiving the same support from black men. I can't even be mad at you.

Last edited:

Cafe au lait

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
118,425 4,537 6,628
Alleybux
So Republicans are working to pass laws to make it legal to run protesters over with a car and legal to snatch protester’s financial aid and simultaneously working to pass hundreds of bills nationwide to disenfranchise us. None of this is surprising. What is surprising is that idiots still show up here claiming that “both parties are the same.”

GloriaLegay

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
471 22 44
Alleybux
Why do people seem to be ignoring the bolded? Protesting in and of itself is not a crime. Looting, burning buildings, etc. is not the same. And I don’t even think of Blacks first when I think of the looting. Honestly, I think about Antifa. Like the havoc they’re wreaking in Portland. You th this is “protesting?”

Dollars to donuts the people burning down these places aren’t looking for scholarships anyway. And even if they are, I’d rather that money go to normal, sane students. But there need to be disincentives put in place to curb the looting and such. Protest, fine. Looting, not fine. Seems pretty academic.

Girl what universe do you live in, because you definitely don't live in this Amerricca. Looting is already a crime, so is Arsenic. The intent of this bill is to soley target young black people who decide to participate in protest. This isn't about Antifa, those people are not in college nor do they intend to go to college. But the black kids you see protesting on your social media feed are.

Brucilla

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
261,887 4,359 3,302
Alleybux
If the students burned the Minnesota capitol to the ground in response I will sip my chamomile tea and watch the latest movie on Netflix.

The racist bastards are creating their own climate for terrorism and deserve whatever they get.

wijole

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,642 2,521 963
Alleybux
If the students burned the Minnesota capitol to the ground in response I will sip my chamomile tea and watch the latest movie on Netflix.

The racist bastards are creating their own climate for terrorism and deserve whatever they get.
I think Democrats control the MN legislature so this probably won't even happen

Trending Threads

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom