Quantcast

BREAKING NEWS: D.A. says the deputies were justified in the Andrew Brown shooting

tbbyolumbatobby

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,297 1,752 270
Alleybux
District Attorney Andrew Womble said Tuesday that the deputies who fatally shot Andrew Brown Jr. last month were justified in using deadly force, citing a North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation probe.

Womble said the shooting, "while tragic, was justified because Mr. Brown's actions caused three deputies to reasonably believe it was necessary to use deadly force to protect themselves and others."

Brown, a 42-year-old Black man, was fatally shot by Pasquotank County sheriff's deputies in Elizabeth City on April 21 when they attempted to serve him with an arrest warrant, according to the sheriff's office.

A source with knowledge told CNN that the Brown family has not received any advanced information on the findings.

Womble, the district attorney for Pasquotank and nearby counties, has said Brown's moving vehicle made contact with law enforcement officers twice before the deputies opened fire. But the Brown family and their attorneys, who have watched body-camera and dash-cam videos of the shooting, say Brown was not a threat to the officers.

"It was absolutely, unequivocally unjustified," attorney Chance Lynch said last week. "Our legal team is more committed now to pursue justice ... because what we saw today was unconstitutional and it was unjustifiable."

A copy of Brown's death certificate says he died as a result of a gunshot wound of the head, and an autopsy commissioned by Brown's family specified the shot was to the back of his head.

The killing led to protests in Elizabeth City against police violence and the authorities' lack of transparency.

In the aftermath of the shooting, Pasquotank Sheriff Tommy Wooten put seven deputies on administrative leave. He has since reinstated four deputies he said did not fire their weapons. The three who did fire remain on leave.

Members of Brown's family were allowed by a court order to view some body camera footage of his death, but they and members of the community have called for the public release of the videos.

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,203 10,054
Alleybux
So is the town gonna rumble and tear sh!t down for somebody who helped destroy his people throughout his life now?? :disdain:

Save your groans! I don't care. :talktohand:

Reaction score
Reactions
4,383 167 140
Alleybux
So is the town gonna rumble and tear sh!t down for somebody who helped destroy his people throughout his life now?? :disdain:

Save your groans! I don't care. :talktohand:
you so quick to believe a cop. says alot about u.

they tried to serve a warrant on 4/20, there was a systemic plan across the country by police to do harm toward black people on the day of the Chauvin verdict. make no mistake about that.

I Against I

Dark Days Lie Ahead™️
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
104,297 8,677 3,970
Alleybux
District Attorney Andrew Womble said Tuesday that the deputies who fatally shot Andrew Brown Jr. last month were justified in using deadly force, citing a North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation probe.

Womble said the shooting, "while tragic, was justified because Mr. Brown's actions caused three deputies to reasonably believe it was necessary to use deadly force to protect themselves and others."

Brown, a 42-year-old Black man, was fatally shot by Pasquotank County sheriff's deputies in Elizabeth City on April 21 when they attempted to serve him with an arrest warrant, according to the sheriff's office.

A source with knowledge told CNN that the Brown family has not received any advanced information on the findings.

Womble, the district attorney for Pasquotank and nearby counties, has said Brown's moving vehicle made contact with law enforcement officers twice before the deputies opened fire. But the Brown family and their attorneys, who have watched body-camera and dash-cam videos of the shooting, say Brown was not a threat to the officers.

"It was absolutely, unequivocally unjustified," attorney Chance Lynch said last week. "Our legal team is more committed now to pursue justice ... because what we saw today was unconstitutional and it was unjustifiable."

A copy of Brown's death certificate says he died as a result of a gunshot wound of the head, and an autopsy commissioned by Brown's family specified the shot was to the back of his head.

The killing led to protests in Elizabeth City against police violence and the authorities' lack of transparency.

In the aftermath of the shooting, Pasquotank Sheriff Tommy Wooten put seven deputies on administrative leave. He has since reinstated four deputies he said did not fire their weapons. The three who did fire remain on leave.

Members of Brown's family were allowed by a court order to view some body camera footage of his death, but they and members of the community have called for the public release of the videos.

Paradiseplay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
120,493 4,006 2,421
Alleybux
I wonder will the black manosphere talk about this let black men be the ones outraged they killing them like flies on a hot summer day

Black men should be outraged

LoveScorpio9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,145 1,388 462
Alleybux
That DA's intentions were very suspect during that press conference.

That man most certainly had racist intentions.

vaguebeaut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,972 2,936 1,237
Alleybux
Very suspect how they won't release the complete video footage.

I honestly don't get how some of these people live with themselves, knowing how they kill people and lie and cover it up. Truly disgusting.

Last edited:

zz miller

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
6,161 63 68
Alleybux
I try not to say too much but I need some more information in order to draw some conclusion. I have a lot of questions that need to be asked like blocking/editing the video. Why not just show the family and their attorney the whole video. Another thing is why they wait a couple days to release the video and not do it as soon as possible. Also, what about the other body cams because the witnesses tell a different story. Finally, why did all the cops either quit, resign, or on paid leave.

GoodEnuff4Me

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,096 222 99
Alleybux
I wonder will the black manosphere talk about this let black men be the ones outraged they killing them like flies on a hot summer day

Black men should be outraged
The only man expressing his disappointment will be Roland Martin...

The black manosphere talk will certainly ignore this story because it doesn't suit their narrative.. But they had plenty of smoke for Ma'khia Bryant.

I regret to say the DA was not going to hand out indictments to the officers. I knew they were going to say the shooting was justified

Pnutbutr

Jelly Time
Reaction score
Reactions
964 49 1
Alleybux
What kind of warrant was this? They had a military style squad pour out the back of that vehicle with assault rifles.
Exactly. The DA said during the briefing that it was a known fact Andrew did not carry weapons. So why the tactical squad? He was never a threat.

Lori O

Real Talk
Reaction score
Reactions
30,537 2,903 2,135
Alleybux
I dont want to see no black woman out there muling while the black men stay silent
Black women unfortunately have to do our part in stopping unlawful racism or it will eventually trickle down to us. They already have the black men one degree away from being enslaved. I don't know about you but I'm no one's animal/slave. It has to stop or it worsens (time repeats itself).

gymnfan1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,088 399 417
Alleybux
you so quick to believe a cop. says alot about u.

they tried to serve a warrant on 4/20, there was a systemic plan across the country by police to do harm toward black people on the day of the Chauvin verdict. make no mistake about that.
He was a drug dealer tearing apart his own community. Good Riddance!

Paradiseplay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
120,493 4,006 2,421
Alleybux
The only man expressing his disappointment will be Roland Martin...

The black manosphere talk will certainly ignore this story because it doesn't suit their narrative.. But they had plenty of smoke for Ma'khia Bryant.

I regret to say the DA was not going to hand out indictments to the officers. I knew they were going to say the shooting was justified
Exactly only time they loud as hell is to critique black women

Loeny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,768 6,962 11,545
Alleybux
I try not to say too much but I need some more information in order to draw some conclusion. I have a lot of questions that need to be asked like blocking/editing the video. Why not just show the family and their attorney the whole video. Another thing is why they wait a couple days to release the video and not do it as soon as possible. Also, what about the other body cams because the witnesses tell a different story. Finally, why did all the cops either quit, resign, or on paid leave.
Another question...why did he have a rap sheet a mile long?
Also ...Why did he have a warrant?
Why did he resist being arrested?

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
He was driving away trying to save his life! If he was trying to kill them with a car , he would have kept driving at them until somebody died. They’ll say anything to make it justifiable. Why did they take so long to release the video if the police was in the right!

VioletHibiscus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,612 1,080 162
Alleybux
That DA's intentions were very suspect during that press conference.

That man most certainly had racist intentions.
Yes, he had a very racist and arrogant spirit. I grew up in the South, and I’m very familiar with that nasty spirit. He was unprofessional when answering questions too.

VioletHibiscus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,612 1,080 162
Alleybux
They rolled up with the intention to kill this man. It’s clear that he was simply trying to drive away. He didn’t attempt to mow them down with his vehicle at all. Law enforcement is the biggest gang in America. If black people don’t comply, they go straight to murder. However, YT can go on mass shooting sprees in public places, kill innocent people, and get arrested without incident. Pure racism.

MoMoKitty

I claw out eyes
Reaction score
Reactions
57,355 2,553 2,730
Alleybux
He was a drug dealer tearing apart his own community. Good Riddance!

You act like he shoves the sh!t down these crackhead throats. People who want drugs buy drugs. He provides the product. He wasn’t running a block, recruit the youth to sell, intimidating people with weapons, fighting for territory. He was selling a product. What’s the difference between him and a pharmacy that peddles that sh!t to whites out there.

Reaction score
Reactions
5,867 4,326 15
Alleybux
Who's surprised? They had enough time to edit the video to show how "justified" this murder was : unamused:

gymnfan1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,088 399 417
Alleybux
You act like he shoves the sh!t down these crackhead throats. People who want drugs buy drugs. He provides the product. He wasn’t running a block, recruit the youth to sell, intimidating people with weapons, fighting for territory. He was selling a product. What’s the difference between him and a pharmacy that peddles that sh!t to whites out there.
I stand by my statement! Someone had to bring the drugs into black neighborhoods and you know it was no one white. No great loss!

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,469 21,165 10,194
Alleybux
But why did 7 deputies regarding this killing resign tho?
DA is lying, same sh!t as George Floyd DA who refused to do the charges, then when state DA took over, who was a BM, cop was convicted of everything, when local DA said nothing to see here, cops are innocent.

They need to have a federal indictment against the local DA for obstruction of justice and conspiracy after the fact, the video shows he is lying. He simply hates black people and will protect his white racist cops at all cost, the DA is a hardcore Trumper racist from the south.

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,469 21,165 10,194
Alleybux
He was driving away trying to save his life! If he was trying to kill them with a car , he would have kept driving at them until somebody died. They’ll say anything to make it justifiable. Why did they take so long to release the video if the police was in the right!
Because of what you said, it is obvious he made every attempt to avoid hitting them and that they unloaded their guns into his back when he was driving away, this is why they refuse to release it. The local DA needs to be indicted as a obstructing justice, conspiracy, hate crime and accessory after the fact. These cops are super guilty and he is doing everything possible to aid and assist them in their criminal acts.

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,469 21,165 10,194
Alleybux
Very suspect how they won't release the complete video footage.

I honestly don't get how some of these people live with themselves, knowing how they kill people and lie and cover it up. Truly disgusting.
It is like a sick twisted fetish to those racist white people, white supremacist people make it like a game to murder black and abuse us, they are turned on in a sick almost xesual way watching us suffer. They are disgusting. Where is the AG, Biden, governor of NC?