Quantcast

BREAKING NEWS DWYANE WADE BECOMES PART OWNER OF UTAH JAZZ ... 'Active' Role With Team

trazee

You Mad or Nah
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
402,972 18,729 11,794
Alleybux
e22fd0f095844479a3581bf4dea6c7e1_md.jpg
Getty
BREAKING NEWS

DWYANE WADEBECOMES PART OWNER OF UTAH JAZZ... 'Active' Role With Team​

4/16/2021 9:56 AM PT​

Dwyane Wade is following in Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal's footsteps -- the future Hall of Famer has bought an ownership stake in the Utah Jazz!!
39-year-old Wade -- who spent most of his career with the Miami Heat -- is making the move to the Western Conference ... joining forces with Jazz majority owner Ryan Smith, who bought the team for $1.66 billion last year.
It's unclear how much of a stake Wade bought, but league rules require owners to have at least 1% of the team. FYI -- Wade made north of $196 MILLION in contract money alone during his career.
Wade spoke about his new job to ESPN on Friday ... saying, "This goes way beyond the dream I had to just play basketball in the NBA."
Loading video

"I've seen Shaq do it in Sacramento. I've seen Grant Hill do it in Atlanta. I've seen Jordan do it in Charlotte. If this partnership is going to be anything like my relationship is with Ryan, there are going to be a lot of things that I'll want to be involved in."
Wade and Smith reportedly hit it off on the golf course shortly after his retirement in 2019 ... with the tech billionaire becoming a "mentor" for the 3-time NBA champ.
e8837a886c1542f390d535c1936893ac_md.jpg

When Smith bought the team in October 2020, he said he wanted Wade to be involved in the business AND basketball aspects of the job -- and the superstar says he's ready to roll up his sleeves and get to work.
"Unfortunately, people in my community don't get this opportunity, and I do not take it lightly to have this opportunity," Wade said. "To make real change, this is where you have to be -- at the top -- and Ryan knows that."
"I'm thankful for him, and I know too that I bring a lot to this partnership outside of just my basketball knowledge and skills."
As for his relationship with the Heat, Wade says he's still got love for the franchise that drafted him way back in 2003.
"The respect I that I have for that organization will not go anywhere, the love that I have for the fans -- that goes nowhere," Wade says. "But this is about the next phase of my life as an investor, a businessman, an entrepreneur."
"For me, this is an opportunity to grow."

imthatbelle

beauty in growth ꕤ
Reaction score
Reactions
24,599 352 51
Alleybux
I like it. Hopefully, more and more (Black) NBA players start saving up their money right and become involved in basketball ownership and operations.

madness116

Harsh Truth Teller
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
308,147 26,250 31,726
Alleybux
D.Wade is always up to something business-wise, good to see him making big moves.

@sundaybest Where's that one font on here who swears that D.Wade is going broke lmaoo

Last edited:

UGotServed

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,781 2,414 1,811
Alleybux
I'm actually very ecstatic to hear this because when I got the news last week of KG (Kevin Garnett) losing out on a partial ownership of Minnesota Timberwolves (a team he use to play for) to Jlo bf (ex bf now; A-ROD) and some already-rich-white-dude, I was devastated and was starting to think there was a conspiracy to why black men (especially black sports players) can't own sports teams.

The fact that Dwayne Wade is the FIRST dude actually married to a black woman (instead of a white woman) with black kids to co-own a sports team shows that the future is bright for black Americans, financially.

Finally, got damn.

ANGELICGIRL

IN THE COSMOS
Reaction score
Reactions
116,859 3,259 589
Alleybux
Amazing. Black men are the reason it’s a billion dollar global brand they derseve to own a piece of it.

SlowYourRoll

Don't start no mess, won't be no mess
Reaction score
Reactions
277,410 6,535 744
Alleybux
Good for him. I hope he makes gooodt money out of the team.I don't even like his goofy azz, but I'll root for any black person who is making money moves instead of balling out on some bullshyt

Yankeeology

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
18,340 8,722 7,768
Alleybux
Good for Wade.....

I wonder how the white Utah Jazz fans will see this...let's face it, it is odd that a predominately white state like Utah would have a NBA team

Enquiring Mind

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
81,337 1,462 116
Alleybux
hope more retired players go this route. they are the reason the league is what it is. there should be more black men in leadership positions at these franchises.

good for D. Wade.

DirtyDit

Is this how you do it?
Reaction score
Reactions
35,784 558 121
Alleybux
Lol my first thought was "Here come Gabby with her old humble brag self." I'm going to sit with some incense lit to figure out why that popped into my head.

Anywho, congrats D. Wade! As much money you made for the NBA, you deserve to have some input that could create some effective and beneficial changes for the players there.

Sackboy

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
85,026 5,324 642
Alleybux
Gabby sucking the life out the boy. He looks old af now damn

Cool gig tho

SmoothAlpha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
129,109 8,468 10,975
Alleybux
This is like Derek Jeter with the Marlins. He will own 1-2 percent of the team. But will basically be in charge of the Basketball Operations.

The Jazz have always been well run organization and have always been consistently good. I just hope D Wade don’t mess that up.

Colts Fan

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
172,195 14,041 2,546
Alleybux
Well lots of players/owners get along but very few get ownership rights.. I may not agree with Larry about a lot of things but I think there's more to this story at the very least..

I don't see how Wade is more professional than KG (who I don't take that seriously either) is? I find him rather unimpressive in general.

Five23

5 2 3
Reaction score
Reactions
46,766 2,239 1,843
Alleybux
I'm actually very ecstatic to hear this because when I got the news last week of KG (Kevin Garnett) losing out on a partial ownership of Minnesota Timberwolves (a team he use to play for) to Jlo bf (ex bf now; A-ROD) and some already-rich-white-dude, I was devastated and was starting to think there was a conspiracy to why black men (especially black sports players) can't own sports teams.

The fact that Dwayne Wade is the FIRST dude actually married to a black woman (instead of a white woman) with black kids to co-own a sports team shows that the future is bright for black Americans, financially.

Finally, got damn.
Jay-z, Usher...even MJ has black children(grown, but still)
You only need to own 1% to be considered an owner. We don’t know the percentages for Wade yet. It’s a good look either way.

UGotServed

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,781 2,414 1,811
Alleybux
Jay-z, Usher...even MJ has black children(grown, but still)
You only need to own 1% to be considered an owner. We don’t know the percentages for Wade yet. It’s a good look either way.

Jay-Z is not an owner of a sports team , neither is Usher but anyways it's rumored that the ownership is 50/50 between Wade and the current owner so it's all good. I'm happy for him.

Five23

5 2 3
Reaction score
Reactions
46,766 2,239 1,843
Alleybux
Jay-Z is not an owner of a sports team , neither is Usher but anyways it's rumored that the ownership is 50/50 between Wade and the current owner so it's all good. I'm happy for him.
Jay -Z was a part owner of the Nets.

Usher is part owner of the Cavs.

If Wade is 50/50 then great. I’m not dismissing anyone though.

UGotServed

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,781 2,414 1,811
Alleybux
Jay -Z was a part owner of the Nets.

Usher is part owner of the Cavs.

If Wade is 50/50 then great. I’m not dismissing anyone though.

With the usher part, is very news to me so thanks for the info... that's good !!!!

But with Jay Z, it's a lot of back and forth on if it was true or not of him being an owner so idk. I only found one source that claim he sold a small stake in it soon as he got it and launched his sports ageny in 2013. So it only seems he held onto for a month so ehhh lol and then you have people who says he was just the "brand ambassador" of the brand kinda like Drake is for the Raptors.

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,432 1,354 37
Alleybux

Finally, got damn.
Jordan was already mentioned but, also, Grant Hill (Hawks) and Shaq (Kings) have ownership stakes as well... not a man or former pro baller but Sheila Johnson has a stake in the Wizards (along with the Caps and the Mystics)...

Congrats to Dwyane... it is nice to see retired players getting involved with the ownership and thus, operations with a professional team...

UGotServed

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,781 2,414 1,811
Alleybux
Jordan was already mentioned but, also, Grant Hill (Hawks) and Shaq (Kings) have ownership stakes as well... not a man or former pro baller but Sheila Johnson has a stake in the Wizards (along with the Caps and the Mystics)...

Congrats to Dwyane... it is nice to see retired players getting involved with the ownership and thus, operations with a professional team...

Dam that's news to me but with Shaq & Grant, I only found a very few sources on it. With Shiela Johnson, I can believe it because well... she seem like the go-getter type, same with Shaq but idk. Good Info tho.

DottieHinkle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
483,469 19,231 18,730
Alleybux
Well lots of players/owners get along but very few get ownership rights.. I may not agree with Larry about a lot of things but I think there's more to this story at the very least..

I don't see how Wade is more professional than KG (who I don't take that seriously either) is? I find him rather unimpressive in general.

Im sure there is ‘more to the story’ but neither D nor Magic’s sons have anything to do with it. Some basketball players have gay sons. Some regular joes have gay sons; that’s life. Black people need to stop with the homophobic conspiracy theorist bµllsh!t.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,832 11,973 10,199
Alleybux
@Mj the goat or @madness116 which one of y'all said D. Wade was broke? Forgive my memory is not best when it comes to LSA.

Wouldn't this prove he is not broke? But I wonder why he didn't become part owner with the Miami Heat.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,832 11,973 10,199
Alleybux
D.Wade is always up to something business-wise, good to see him making big moves.

@sundaybest Where's that one font on here who swears that D.Wade is going broke lmaoo
Oh snap. Must have been The Spirit of the Lord that told me to read all comments before I made a comment. I am late to this thread. I just asked if it was you or @Mj the goat that said Wade was broke.

Last edited:

madness116

Harsh Truth Teller
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
308,147 26,250 31,726
Alleybux
@Mj the goat or @madness116 which one of y'all said D. Wade was broke? Forgive my memory is not best when it comes to LSA.

Wouldn't this prove he is not broke? But I wonder why he didn't become part owner with the Miami Heat.
I was the one trying to tell these fonts there's no way he'll ever go broke. And I knew his business portfolio was expanding because I personally know people who currently handle some of his business affairs here in Miami. His pockets are more than straight, but you know some people just love juicy gossip about a celebrity going broke

The Jazz were offering him a bigger percentage and more power than the Heat were so he went with them

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,432 1,354 37
Alleybux
I was the one trying to tell these fonts there's no way he'll ever go broke. And I knew his business portfolio was expanding because I personally know people who currently handle some of his business affairs here in Miami. His pockets are more than straight, but you know some people just love juicy gossip about a celebrity going broke

The Jazz were offering him a bigger percentage and more power than the Heat were so he went with them
Yeah, it was pretty obvious that the Jazz gave D Wade a better deal than the Heat... I understand Micky putting it out there that they tried to bring him in but he can't be salty that Dwyane went with the better deal... especially since the Jazz has new, younger ownership... also, you know Lisa?

Mj the goat

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,996 1,231 2,790
Alleybux

This just proves the jazz are really desperate to keep Donovan Mitchell. The jazz have an absolutely terrible reputation around the league and their fans are extremely racist. Their fans go after Donovan every time he speaks up about black issues and the jazz are worried he’s gonna get tired of it and leave. D wade is still broke his only income comes from his little tnt job that his sugar daddy set up for him

Mj the goat

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,996 1,231 2,790
Alleybux

the only reason he’ll never go fully broke is Lebron can’t handle the bad press that will come with that. His business portfolio expanded from 1 tv deal to now a fake ownership. So yes technically it’s expanding but he’ll make zero money from it. In fact it will likely cost him money in the long run because it effects the type of deals he’s allowed to do related to basketball. Him and his little wife are desperate for money she’s looking for the next Harvey Weinstein so she can get back on tv and he’s holding his friendship with Lebron over tnt to keep his job.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,832 11,973 10,199
Alleybux
the only reason he’ll never go fully broke is Lebron can’t handle the bad press that will come with that. His business portfolio expanded from 1 tv deal to now a fake ownership. So yes technically it’s expanding but he’ll make zero money from it. In fact it will likely cost him money in the long run because it effects the type of deals he’s allowed to do related to basketball. Him and his little wife are desperate for money she’s looking for the next Harvey Weinstein so she can get back on tv and he’s holding his friendship with Lebron over tnt to keep his job.
We’ve been waiting for you!

I watch Inside the NBA religiously. They act like lebron won’t give them them an interview because the crew, mainly Charles goes in so hard on Lebron.
Can you explain what does his friendship with Mr. James have to do with Wade’s job at tnt? He’s not a main attraction. And I know he doesn’t make money like that to be part owner of a team. Kenny and Charles can’t even afford to buy a team on their tnt salary.

madness116

Harsh Truth Teller
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
308,147 26,250 31,726
Alleybux
I knew you’d attempt to twist and turn this into giving Lebron credit for Wade’s Jazz ownership stake lolll. Some people just never like to admit when they’re wrong and when they have no clue what they’re talking about.