Quantcast

Bridgerton - Shonda Rhimes Netflix Peroid Drama

DraconisOmbre

Queen of Sheba
Reaction score
Reactions
24,919 285 38
Alleybux
Hi is there a watch thread for season 2 ? I've been looking for it but can't find anything

ReineRose

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,170 713 171
Alleybux
I liked the first season better.
I don’t like Penelope.
I always skip Benedict’s scenes he’s so boring.
I want them to do something about Lady Danbury’s eyebrows.

ReineRose

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,170 713 171
Alleybux
It’s beyond disturbing how parents mostly mothers were pimping out their daughters at a young age to get married. And also if the man is rich why does he need her dowry??

bonitaapplebum

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,586 1,906 312
Alleybux
It’s beyond disturbing how parents mostly mothers were pimping out their daughters at a young age to get married. And also if the man is rich why does he need her dowry??
True but that was the only way to secure a good life.
In this day and age there are still women who think and like this . It just looks "prettier" in the show I guess

runekeeper

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,130 679 245
Alleybux
Property was transferred along male lines. A single woman with no fortune could end up with no home of her own and have to live off the charity of relatives.

Reaction score
Reactions
18,048 508 555
Alleybux
Finished it. I agree that all of the brothers are basic as hell looking, with Benedict being the best looking of the lot. I know they're white Brits so the pool of attractive actors likely wasn't sizable, but they could have tried harder to get better-looking guys to play these roles.

After episode 6 I could not stand Daphne. It's bad enough she did what she did but then to go around acting as if she was the injured party. No one told her to assume the reason for why he could not have kids, she could have asked him. Even though he did not offer an explanation initially he was at least upfront about kids not being a part of their marriage before they married. She knew what she was getting into. Then for her to be so dismissive of why he made that vow and still make it all about her and how he wronged her. I was so annoyed, I could not even enjoy the xes scenes or their relationship from that moment forward.

I am happy that Siena had enough sense for both she and Anthony to put a stop to his fantasy. She was right he would bear none of the burdens if they came out together in society, she would. It would have been a failed experiment that would have ruined her because the ton would have made her an example to others for trying to rise above her station, especially since it's wasn't as if she was just working or middle class but was a member of the demimonde. I want more of the series but I don't know how I am going to deal with Anthony. He is positively irksome. I would also be surprised if they hired a black actress to play his love interest in the next film. I think they will make her Asian if they racebend her. I just don't think they will do two back to back black/white love interest especially since Benedict is also with a WOC of African descent.

I love Lady Danbury. The jaunty hats, great dresses, and look of mischief on her face. I would love a whole miniseries just on how she went from scared mouse to becoming the fierce being that she is.

I debated on whether I wanted to give my thoughts on this or not. I hated Daphne and did not see her hype. It made me so mad what she did to Simon. FORCING him to ejaculate in her knowing he was adamant about not having kids. She forced him into the marriage and forced him into fatherhood. I agree with everything you said regarding them. All I thought about was stories of women having their birth control manipulated by men to have babies. Then they made him complicit to her manipulation and made it look like she was so innocent. I was so pissed. I cannot with this show. I hate it.

Reaction score
Reactions
18,048 508 555
Alleybux
I think if the roles were reversed everyone would see it as rape.

If the Duke was on top of her and she said stop and he aggressively kept fµck!ng her there wouldn't be anyone missing the "rape" Once Someone says stop, you stop

Similar to people in this thread calling him toxic for her but ignoring the fact that she is even more toxic.

Exactly. While I was reading this, I was saying what if they were having xes and the wife said don't cut in me and he did anyway. What would you call that???

It is called rape if a husband starts having xes with his wife while she is asleep and she wakes to him on top of her. All the excuses for this white woman.

AvaDaBaddest

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
3,411 233 35
Alleybux
I just finished watching the show earlier this month and I wasn't impressed I would have loved to see a black love story in this. I believe Hollywood does this because they don't want a Black love story showcased on the screen. They clearly have an agenda they don't want a black woman and black man in love and happy. Sad smh

naturalistababy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,815 189 39
Alleybux
I just finished watching the show earlier this month and I wasn't impressed I would have loved to see a black love story in this. I believe Hollywood does this because they don't want a Black love story showcased on the screen. They clearly have an agenda they don't want a black woman and black man in love and happy. Sad smh
My friend calls it "the shonda rhimes interracial agenda" LMFAOOOO.

I'm not going to lie what they did to Lady Danbury by having her opposite to... dear heavens they disfigured that black man to be horrendous... felt targeted in soul in my spirit.

Vitamix

I love cats! (and so do you)
Reaction score
Reactions
40,572 786 246
Alleybux
I think for some it's that but the biggest reason is money. They want to keep as many yt people watching as possible for the highest possible ratings. They'll mix and match the couples' colors to be edgy or unique but make sure whoever is matched with a yt has facial features and coloring closer to yt ones. And they'll call that diversity when honestly they couldn't care less.

Another thing is, there are no Black people or poc in any of Julia Quinn's books and she's making more bank off of Shonda's interracial adaptations, notably with The Duke and I rebranded with biracial Reggie I'm-too-good-for-Bridgerton-now Gene on the cover. Quinn's books have been popular among romancelandia for years before Netflix and she already has coin. Meanwhile Vanessa Riley, a Black author, actually does have interracial couples in her Regency historical romances and her covers are accurate to the content. And she's not the only one. Shonda found Julia but apparently was not looking for "a Vanessa."

My friend calls it "the shonda rhimes interracial agenda" LMFAOOOO.

I'm not going to lie what they did to Lady Danbury by having her opposite to... dear heavens they disfigured that black man to be horrendous... felt targeted in soul in my spirit.
One thing about Shonda--she's consistent and does not deviate. Has she ever featured a relatively healthy Black Love relationship (and I mean 2 unambiguous-looking fully Black people) in any of her projects? She had Danbury's Black husband in Queen Charlotte looking over-the-top grotesque. And to add insult to injury, she didn't get a hot love affair with someone young and handsome after Lord Danbury croaked. Sometimes I wonder how Shonda really feels about being Black and about other Black people in general. But that's whole other topic.

topewills

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,277 175 181
Alleybux
Has she ever featured a relatively healthy Black Love relationship (and I mean 2 unambiguous-looking fully Black people) in any of her projects?
None of her projects have any relatively healthy relationships of any racial or xesual orientation combination.

YMMV but my only skin in this game is that she keeps centering Black women. I legit never hear Black men complaining about being paired "too much" with white/nonBlack women. (This is only a problem for them when the ship has a Black woman and excludes them).

That said I wish she would adapt Alyssa Cole's books. They're a fantastic blend of genres all centering Black women.

BarbHoward

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
957 23
Alleybux
I started watching the show last month I love it I have to start reading the books. I’m obsessed with period pieces. Simon is attractive I would have loved to have seen him in Season 2.