Quantcast

Britney Murphy’s brother says her husband was really dating her mom. Says her death was murder

Candacemiami

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
127,963 10,144 6,567
Alleybux
Tony Bertolotti runs through the conspiracy theories, still to this day, unsure what to believe. But there's one fact he's convinced of - his sister was murdered.
On December 20, 2009, Hollywood actress Brittany Murphy collapsed in her bathroom at her Beverly Hills mansion and later died in hospital at the age of 32.

Five months later, her British husband Simon Monjack, a virtually unknown screenwriter, died in similar circumstances in the same house. Her mother Sharon, who was living with the couple, was supposedly present both times.

The Los Angeles coroner Ed Winter ruled the deaths were due to pneumonia, anemia and drug intoxication, after dozens of prescription pills were found in their systems.

But Murphy's half-brother Tony Bertolotti - a sibling from her father Angelo's first marriage - doesn't believe it and says Murphy's death wasn't an accident

In January, Angelo died at the age of 92 and had spent his latter years chasing the truth, but died with very few answers, according to Bertolotti.

He says: 'If you look at it from a distance, it's like here's this young lady, a fairly healthy girl, she's home with her supposed husband and mother, and she died. How absurd is it? It's only in Hollywood that it's considered another day at the zoo. No one takes her to a hospital, which is just four miles away.
'I spent years looking at this, suppressing my own anger. I think Brittany was taken out. Who killed Brittany? She didn't die of natural causes.'

Assistant chief coroner Winter, who also handled Michael Jackson's overdose, dismissed Sharon's claims that toxic mold in the property had killed them, but pointed to their unhealthy lifestyles, with the wafer-thin Brittany allegedly having an eating disorder and drug addiction.

There's little concrete evidence to support that she was murdered, but the fact remains that after Murphy started dating, then marrying, Monjack - all within a few months in 2007 - her life turned for the worse.

He was a 40-year-old Hollywood failure, nicknamed 'Conjack', with six-figure bank and business debts. He'd also spent time in jail, and faced being deported, as his visa had expired.

The most credible theory Bertolotti can believe is that their deaths are connected to Monjack's business dealings. Was Brittany killed to pay off his debts? Had one of his crooked deals gone badly wrong?

He adds: I don't know what business decisions they were making at that time, but it [the deaths] sound business-related to me. I've heard all sorts of crap, so what is true? I don't believe the drugs line that much, I don't buy it. I'm sure there was experimentation. But Brittany was conservative with that stuff, she was a bright girl.

'Then there's the fan club that something nasty happened to Brittany and I believe it with all my heart.

'You have to go back to the money. Jimmy Hendrix died, but the money kept flowing for many, many years afterwards. Sometimes an actress is worth more dead than alive.

'You've got to look at who's collecting the money now? I don't know. Every time the movie comes on, someone is getting paid. Whoever's got the money knows the truth.

'There was a group of at least 15 to 30 people around Brittany, and you tell me that no one knows nothing? Are you kidding? If I had the money to properly investigate her death, I'd go round all of them, but they wouldn't speak to me.

'My father was up to it like a hound dog, but then got sick and had a stroke. 'Til his dying day he was obsessed with finding out what happened. He went up to a bunch of these people, but no one would talk to him. We couldn't find out anything. What's it all tell you? The thing is locked down.'

'All of them who had personal contact with her in the last two, three weeks of her life could speak out, so I could understand this, but you'll find that no one wants to talk.

'I think it's one of the biggest conspiracies in Hollywood like Hendrix.

'Some day someone might find something, but it won't be me or my other brother Jeff, we're too old for that now. I'm 70 and live in north Florida in the country.'

Angelo, in desperation, sometimes pointed the finger at his ex-wife, claiming Sharon killed Brittany, an unsubstantiated theory that runs wild online. Bertolotti - who's known Sharon since she was 15 - argues against it, but thinks that Monjack was dating Sharon rather than Brittany.

TMZ reported that after Brittany's death, an investigator had a conversation with Sharon, who admitted sharing a bed with Monjack.

He says: 'Would I dig that Sharon would murder her own daughter? Absolutely not. I know people are saying that, but I know Sharon. I don't like her, but personally do that to her daughter? I don't think so. Sharon would have given up her life for her daughter, but 'they' didn't want hers. This is bigger than Sharon.

'I believe Monjack knew what happened to Brit. I don't think Brittany and Monjack were man and wife. I think Monjack was shacked up with Sharon. They were sharing a bed when Brittany passed away.

'I heard that Monjack and Brittany was a marriage of circumstance as he was trying to stay in the States. Whenever I spoke to Brittany, she just brushed the Monjack thing off. She practically told us that it was that kind of situation. I believe they kept him in the States, he had a better chance of staying if they say he's with Brittany.'

Sharon disappeared just a few months after Monjack died and hasn't been seen since although Bertolotti says he has credible information that she's back in Hollywood.

He adds: 'I had someone contact me on Facebook, she was a Russian and says she walks Brittany's dog, who must be 15 years old by now, and is now working for Sharon in Hollywood. I thought that's very strange.

'She wanted to know what I thought happened? I said I think what happened in that house was totally criminally. She hung up the phone.'

southernBarbie

The Resident Becky
Reaction score
Reactions
44,291 1,055 634
Alleybux
Holy mess :coffee: We all know something wasn’t right about the whole issue.i recall when was suppose to testify in some gov trial (of a friend ). Or did I imagine that ?

Lyra

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,879 1,193 960
Alleybux
But she wasn't perfectly healthy. Whatever the cause, she had pneumonia and she was also anemic.

Pneumonia can and does still kill.

inasundress

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
155,798 6,801 5,311
Alleybux
Ok so this first paragraph gave me the sense that some massive fuckery was about to abound and due to those instincts I'ma just head out this thread I can't do it

Janet Jackson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
54,553 1,754 353
Alleybux
It was a very weird situation. Weren’t there even stories that the house had black mold and that’s what made them sick?

edit... I see it in the article, I totally skipped over it.

another edit... Britney Spears previously lived in that house. I think that’s why so many people ran with the black mold story, because BS had her issues just a few years before.

Last edited:

Monika Mann

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
198,353 5,447 1,451
Alleybux
I always found it crazy that the husband died so quickly after she did.

i could believe that the husband was actually going with the mother. him and the mother had a very odd relationship

nephele

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,344 29 2
Alleybux
But she wasn't perfectly healthy. Whatever the cause, she had pneumonia and she was also anemic.

Pneumonia can and does still kill.
her husband dies only months later though? it's weird

she passed in december and he did in may

SimbaLuver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,039 5,914 5,609
Alleybux
Lies. Murphy was raised only by her mother. Her father nor her half siblings had a real relationship with her. It was just her, her mother and Murphy’s romantic partners. Anybody who actually knew her would tell you that. He knows nothing about her life. But y’all love fantasies over reality. It’s more entertaining than the truth.

Last edited:

Malena

All dressed up and ready to fall in love
Reaction score
Reactions
4,189 181 7
Alleybux
I heard that the explanation for them both dying of the same thing was they shared a CPAP machine. It wasn't cleaned properly and the bacteria growth caused her pneumonia. After she dies he uses it without cleaning it and the same bacteria cause his pneumonia.

Allbydesign

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
6,232 184 343
Alleybux
RIP Brittany and her dad.

I remember when her husband died after her, I thought that was hella suspect. I even tweeted my suspicions which resulted in a reply from her father stating he believes she was murdered too.

HongKongho

ZhangZiyisho
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
155,673 6,270 6,563
Alleybux
Holy mess :coffee: We all know something wasn’t right about the whole issue.i recall when was suppose to testify in some gov trial (of a friend ). Or did I imagine that ?

The mom poisoned them both you can’t tell me she didn’t

how is they both died and she was still alive inside the house till she vanished

If it was toxic mold they’d all be dead as all three were living in the house

StormStokes

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
60,268 2,369 107
Alleybux
I've suspected that. Her husband and the mom had an affair. Their relationship was ODD.
I remember they admitted to sleeping in the same bedroom after Brittany died and then they pretended that everyone else was crazy when they were called out in their behavior.

SonoranBori

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,498 3
Alleybux
I heard that the explanation for them both dying of the same thing was they shared a CPAP machine. It wasn't cleaned properly and the bacteria growth caused her pneumonia. After she dies he uses it without cleaning it and the same bacteria cause his pneumonia.

damn that would make sense. Creepy.

nephele

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,344 29 2
Alleybux
"An autopsy was performed the day after she died. Her death certificate listed the cause of death as "deferred". On February 4, 2010, the Los Angeles County coroner stated that the primary cause of Murphy's death was pneumonia, with secondary factors of iron-deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication. On February 25, 2010, the coroner released a report stating that Murphy had been taking a range of over-the-counter and prescription medications, with the most likely reason being to treat a cold or respiratory infection. These included "elevated levels" of hydrocodone, acetaminophen, L-methamphetamine, and chlorpheniramine. All of the drugs were legal and the death was ruled to be an accident, but the report observed: "the possible adverse physiological effects of elevated levels of these medications cannot be discounted, especially in her weakened state.""

he knew it was pneumonia when the report came back in february and said it was pneumonia but continued to use the CPAP machine without cleaning it and not getting himself checked up?

Lyra

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,879 1,193 960
Alleybux
It was a very weird situation. Weren’t there even stories that the house had black mold and that’s what made them sick?

There coroner said it wasn't the cause and it didn't come back as the cause from the toxicology tests. He reported the house to public health just in case though. Also, the husband had suspected mold in the house previously but when he had it tested, there was no mold.

her husband dies only months later though? it's weird

she passed in december and he did in may

Not necessarily. They both could have had walking pneumonia and didn't think anything about it. It's a milder form of pneumonia that can wind up lasting weeks.

Plus, pneumonia can be picked up in any number of ways.

Monika Mann

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
198,353 5,447 1,451
Alleybux
how do you share a cpap machine? did they not sleep at the same time?

Brandon Fallis

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
107,892 3,418 464
Alleybux
I remember they admitted to sleeping in the same bedroom after Brittany died and then they pretended that everyone else was crazy when they were called out in their behavior.

Right! I don't see how that wasn't investigated further?? The deaths were too weird. I think the mom is the most likely suspect. Or, it was her husband & the mom. and then, the mom turned on her lover/brother in law?

Muffinnohead

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,568 1,245 424
Alleybux
She died of drugs. That’s it. So did her husband. Addicts develop pneumonia all the time and die. That’s not uncommon. No one killed her. They had nothing to gain. She was worth more alive than dead to both her husband and mother. She was the one bringing in the money. Her life insurance didn’t quite cover her earnings. The mom lost the house after she died and was left with nothing.

gagirl01

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
177,527 11,377 2,132
Alleybux
how do you share a cpap machine? did they not sleep at the same time?
Yeah that doesn't make sense to me. I always thought it was more than a coincidence that they both died of the same causes months apart.

Idk about Sharon being a murderer. If she is, she's an even better actress than Brittany was because chiiiiiile that 911 call is absolutely gut wrenching. It actually made me cry hearing her plead for her daughter to respond.

LemonLimeSoda

Dollar General Brand
Reaction score
Reactions
55,865 4,185 701
Alleybux

Xolamimi

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,822 480 166
Alleybux
R.i.p Brittany, what a sweet quirky actress

BlushingSpottedAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

A.L.I.

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,774 2,278 784
Alleybux
Ewww that sounds very unsanitary but it explains a lot. RIP to both of them.

vertigo

coldblooded
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
66,339 1,795 1,670
Alleybux
the three of them were drug addicts living in squalor and were in disastrous health when Brittany and then the husband died. pneumonia is what happens to these people. i don't know if Sharon Murphy is still alive. where was this leech of a brother when Brittany needed help?

Lyra

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,879 1,193 960
Alleybux
Dec. 22, 2009— -- The death of actress Brittany Murphy could have been related to a previously undetected heart condition, type-2 diabetes, or even Murphy's rumored thyroid problems, but experts said it's unlikely there was anything "natural" about the cause of her tragic death.
Unnatural Causes? Brittany Murphy's Death Baffles

The autopsy results been were released and it was pneumonia, anemia, and medications (none illegal) as the main and contributors to her death.There was nothing unnatural about her death and all of these experts that weighed in before the results came back did not have access to her body and were just giving plausible outcomes based on heresy.

SuburbanGangsta

Purveyor of Snark
Reaction score
Reactions
169,258 2,330 721
Alleybux
I knew something was strange about the situation. Both her mom and her husband were sketchy from the beginning.

This is so sad. I was a big fan of Brittany. She really was one of my favorites. Even in her short life, she had a great body of work.

kaydadiva28

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,769 104 19
Alleybux
This whole situation was sideye worthy, didn’t they say the mom and her husband slept in the same bed after Brittany died. That right there is some fµck sh!t.

Betty1994

LittleDarling
Reaction score
Reactions
77,937 8,730 21,531
Alleybux
The mom poisoned them both you can’t tell me she didn’t

how is they both died and she was still alive inside the house till she vanished

If it was toxic mold they’d all be dead as all three were living in the house
Because not all used the cpap machine.

Colts Fan

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
172,159 14,034 2,545
Alleybux
I can't believe its been 10 years... her death is so sad.

She was a really talented actress who probably would've had an even better career if she were still alive and surrounded herself with better people.

supagirl

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
32,618 707 178
Alleybux
the three of them were drug addicts living in squalor and were in disastrous health when Brittany and then the husband died. pneumonia is what happens to these people. i don't know if Sharon Murphy is still alive. where was this leech of a brother when Brittany needed help?
Why is her brother a leech?

SimbaLuver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,039 5,914 5,609
Alleybux
Yeah that doesn't make sense to me. I always thought it was more than a coincidence that they both died of the same causes months apart.

Idk about Sharon being a murderer. If she is, she's an even better actress than Brittany was because chiiiiiile that 911 call is absolutely gut wrenching. It actually made me cry hearing her plead for her daughter to respond.

That woman loved her daughter and they were very close until her daughter died. Worth repeating again. Her father wasn’t in her life nor was the other kids he had. Science already said what both Simon and Brittney died from.

YonceSolange

Beyoncé
Reaction score
Reactions
48,758 2,947 2,224
Alleybux
On one hand, I am looking at the mom, but why kill off her own kid? Brittany was the breadwinner.

This woman was not only living with them, but sleeping in bed with the husband? I wouldn't go for that. In laws need to be in their own home.

Candacemiami

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
127,963 10,144 6,567
Alleybux
This whole situation was sideye worthy, didn’t they say the mom and her husband slept in the same bed after Brittany died. That right there is some fµck sh!t.

the brother said in the article that the mom and Britney’s husband were actually dating. Britney married him to keep him in the country because he was going to be deported.