Bruno Mars Is Desperate and Begging People to Have His Song Be Number One

Reactions
3,969 292 130
Alleybux
I feel the same !!! 24k magic its cool but its meh, that was another uptown funk, i would like if he comes with more songs like "the way you are."
Early Bruno is highly slept on. “Talking to the Moon” gets me in my feelings every single time. Doo-Wops and Hooligans brings me back to my high school years...it was a fun little carefree vibe. He was more unique to himself back then, while also incorporating influences.

Reactions
24,383 181 41
Alleybux
I actually love the song and surprised it didn’t reach number 1. Especially since all the songs that have went number since Leave the Door Open was released were one week wonders at number 1

Reactions
113,681 1,159 605
Alleybux
You are right.

I see Bruno as a glorified tribute singer, hence why when compared to the people who is imitating he looks like a joke.

Janelle is amazing but since she isn't a hypersexual rapper talking about her p*ssy and how much d*ck she constantly has in her, she isn't a massive mainstream artist.

The current agenda is to promote the likes of City Girls and Meghan Thee Stallion over versatile black artists like Janelle who play multiple instruments and perform a wide range of genres.
I'm sure you'd be disappointed to know that Janelle and Bruno have not only toured with one another on a very successful tour, but they are good friends. She'd be one of the first ones to tell you that what you say about Bruno is 100% wrong.

Reactions
3,969 292 130
Alleybux
I'm sure you'd be disappointed to know that Janelle and Bruno have not only toured with one another on a very successful tour, but they are good friends. She'd be one of the first ones to tell you that what you say about Bruno is 100% wrong.
You are not referring to me, but many of us know that they toured together. Touring with black artist does not somehow give you a pass into black culture. I like Bruno but many of you waive your rainbow/all-inclusive flag whenever he becomes a topic. That very tour Is one of the key reasons why I suspect that early Bruno was ripping some of her shit.

I suspect you are not black, because many of you love to use other black people to condemn and silence black people.

Reactions
3,969 292 130
Alleybux
Bruno lost me when he linked up with that fugly colorist Paak, like that asshole can't even sing. It sucks cuz I do like his music, even if he is just a vulturing karaoke singer at this point.

He's lucky a song with a 70s aesthetic is doing so well tbh. Still, its always embarrassing with all the stunts artists pull to hit number one. The song is successful, why isn't that enough?
Men don’t care about the flaws in other men, because more likely then not they too ain’t shit. He teamed up with Kodak black way before Anderson came into the picture so...

Reactions
113,681 1,159 605
Alleybux
You are not referring to me, but many of us know that they toured together. Touring with black artist does not somehow give you a pass into black culture. I like Bruno but many of you waive your rainbow/all-inclusive flag whenever he becomes a topic. That very tour Is one of the key reasons why I suspect that early Bruno was ripping some of her shit.

I suspect you are not black, because many of you love to use other black people to condemn and silence black people.

I listen to those who have actually WORKED with Bruno and KNOW Bruno. Which is not you, but Janelle. Babyface. Teddy Riley. Jimmy Jam. Terry Lewis. Janet Jackson. Lionel Ritchie. Smokey Robinson, and even PRINCE had wrote him before he passed away (R.I.P.). I could go on...

So, again, I will listen to THOSE who truly KNOW who he is and what he is about.

Reactions
3,969 292 130
Alleybux
I listen to those who have actually WORKED with Bruno and KNOW Bruno. Which is not you, but Janelle. Babyface. Teddy Riley. Jimmy Jam. Terry Lewis. Janet Jackson. Lionel Ritchie. Smokey Robinson, and even PRINCE had wrote him before he passed away (R.I.P.). I could go on...

So, again, I will listen to THOSE who truly KNOW who he is and what he is about.
Again with you using Black people to silence other black people. I also peeped that you did not deny that you were non-black.
Have a good day sir.

Reactions
113,681 1,159 605
Alleybux
Again with you using Black people to silence other black people. I also peeped that you did not deny that you were non-black.
Have a good day sir.
Your name is "Tree-Hugger" and you joined a Black forum in 2021 and you're questioning me? All because I refuse to think Bruno Mars is this "problem" you are making him out to be? And that is, Miss. Not Sir.

Carry on.

Reactions
3,969 292 130
Alleybux
Your name is "Tree-Hugger" and you joined a Black forum in 2021 and you're questioning me? All because I refuse to think Bruno Mars is this "problem" you are making him out to be? And that is, Miss. Not Sir.

Carry on.
Sir,
I’ve been on this forum longer than you. Move around.

Reactions
49,182 800 645
Alleybux

The way how he is pulling out all of the gimmicks and Atlantic airplay payola and his ass still ain’t able to have the number one spot

Now he has Anderson Paak writing out essays on Instagram

Lil Nas X, Drake and Justin Bieber ain’t have to do all of that begging, and their recent songs hit number one

The public is saying no to Bobby Womack impersonators

View attachment 2454371
That song cranks. And I play it a lot. It'll get there. It's one of the only songs in the DMV that can play on pretty much all of the major stations. That. Is. My. Jam.

The Finest VP
Reactions
17,423 264 170
Alleybux
No, the sound is not the issue (why are y'all acting like the song cascaded down the charts after a week); he's holding steady in the Top 5 after a month, so people LOVE the song (including myself). Most of the songs that went #1 this year did so off of gimmicks & heavy press (Lil Lucifer X), controversy (Trashi B), or massive payola (that Olivia chick, Dr@ke & JB). If they went #1 it would be the most organic #1 of the year...lol

He & Anderson need to push the song harder if they want a #1; they are super close to it. Had it not been for Up a few weeks back & that scissoring mess on the Grammy's they would've had it. They were only a couple of points away @ #2 with Driver's License also on their asses.

BRUNO is acting like the song is cascading down. The fact that he’s complaining shows he’s insecure with the way the song is charting.

Again, I thought the song was beautiful but considering he’s already done other songs with this same style, it’s time for HIM to switch it up.

You can’t keep doing the same things in 2021 you did in 2018 and expect the same success. It’s too much competition even if it’s trash.

Reactions
175,473 2,983 3,654
Alleybux
My generation allowed culture vultures to get to the top of every chart and allowed them to hit milestones and get accolades in our genres.

It’s our fault we got Bruno, Iggy, Eminem (who was the so called #1 rapper smh), Macklemore, etc.

This new generation is built different, though. Bruno and Iggy are not going to have smash hits in 2021.

Reactions
1,368 32 9
Alleybux
Bruno really shot himself in the foot. He could have kept it cute after uptown funk but he made the active decision to assign himself as a tribute artist who remakes nostalgic music from the past. It’s sad bcz he is vocally talented and he used to be so well liked. I’m embarrazzed for him

Reactions
32,400 608 750
Alleybux
Well, I love the song-and will be happy to play it over and over again-does YouTube count in those totals? (And I think he's joking like he usually does when he's supposedly 'sad' about it not being number one.)
Takes me back to my teenage years of 70's sexy soul-and I can seamlessly go from that to a Smokey Robinson playlist-and others.

Much better than the last stuff-too 'New Jack Swing-y" for my taste. And I miss Phil-know nothing about them personally, but certainly liked their camaraderie. They seemed liked brothers.

Reactions
6,257 28 34
Alleybux
View attachment 2454398

He shouldn't worry about always hitting number one. It is a good song and probably will be on the charts for a while- another font called it a "slow burner". I see this song as being a classic song played at cookouts, wedding receptions, b-day parties for years to come. Even it it doesn't hit number one on the main chart - I think it is still a success.

Oh he acting like a little b*tch and not returning Anderson's calls????? Wow. Sounds like he is emotional and about the shelve the entire project. Wow.

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

Recent Posts

Lolo Jones, 38, opens up about difficulty dating: ‘You give up hope’
I agree with this to an extent, but at the same time I wish people (like some fonts in this thread) didn't beat themselves up for not dating...
Okay but can we talk about how insecure competitive and over-sensitive men are their physical...
Good thing men over 6ft are not the majority either in America or the world. Cope, short men love making stuff up to feel comfortable with...
Unpopular opinions: Prince William
I was watching old videos of princess Diana with prince William and prince Harry and I noticed she was usually with prince Harry and interacting...
Mark Lamont Hill questions BLM founder who has become a multimillionaire
Every last one of them. People are suckers. Black folks always running on emotions. And stay getting caught up. 100%. The more things change...
Crying all the time
Lexapro/Celexa stopped working for me also. You need to change to something else. I also strongly recommend you getting checked for ADHD and be...
Regè-Jean Page Appreciation/ Tea Thread
I see this man eventually going behind the camera producing major Hollywood hits In the future...this is the areas where he will ultimately shine...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
I would love to know how long all of you think we’re going to be suffering through all this before the Breakup tbh my guess: we still have 6 or 7...
Dionne Warrick says Mariah , Brandy, Mary J and Toni are not icons
If that's true, then Aretha wasn't an icon. Dionne has had: -60 years in the business -69 charted singles on the hot 100 (she's also charted on...
Twitter says Chicago Mayor is having an affair on her wife and considering resignation
@ExquisiteMelanin @420Zelle @Dior Addict get in here and see this mess smh
Top Bottom