Business owners

Charlibaltimore

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,046 515 36
Alleybux
Hello

i have a question are any of you business owners on here ? If so do you own a business and not tell ppl you are the owner and hide your identity or would that be a bad idea to own a business and not put yourself out there .

others if your not a business owner pls share your opinions.

Miss Andry

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,284 4,035 2,046
Alleybux
It depends on you/your personality and the product. I prefer to let my brand, products and the theme of my line speak for itself. Some people like for people to know they created their brand. Given my industry, it also creates a mystique which can pull people in. Some people have/prefer to be the face of their businesses, as that’s how they generate more business. What industry?

Charlibaltimore

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,046 515 36
Alleybux
It depends on you/your personality and the product. I prefer to let my brand, products and the theme of my line speak for itself. Given my industry, it also creates a mystique which can pull people in. Some people have/prefer to be the face of their businesses, as that’s how they generate more business. What industry?
Juice / smoothie shop

Brother Mouzone

We don’t run from where we come from
Reaction score
Reactions
358,908 10,150 3,000
Alleybux
Hello

i have a question are any of you business owners on here ? If so do you own a business and not tell ppl you are the owner and hide your identity or would that be a bad idea to own a business and not put yourself out there .

others if your not a business owner pls share your opinions.

I depends on your reasons and motivation

I did that with one of my first businesses

I knew that my potential clientele would be more likely to do a deal with a white person.

I also hired a white dude to make Corporate sales calls. I would tag a long as a department manager.

One of the businesses i own now I have hidden in two LLCs

The other I don’t hide ownership

What’s important is that if you have the type of business where there needs to be a brand ambassador - no one can do that job as well as you!

Good luck OP

Last edited:

Miss Andry

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,284 4,035 2,046
Alleybux
Is there a health/fitness theme to your shop? Do you make claims that your products will slim/trim, etc? If so, maybe showing yourself and how your smoothies and juices manifest in your physical health would be helpful.

Moorpheus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,422 5,794 6,042
Alleybux
If it’s not traditional I would hide. Don’t let them fool you black folks will boycott your azz. Another thing that happens is a lot of workers sometimes won’t respect the black managers.

Laila335

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,252 213 65
Alleybux
My current business, I am the face of the business...but my next endeavor I'm looking to get into ecommerce, and I don't plan have my name or face anywhere attached to my business. It won't be necessary, and it fact I think it would benefit me not to do so -- as I'm looking at a universal, multi-ethnic consumer prototype - for revenue/profit reasons.

This is sad to say, but connecting your business to only a "black" consumer may not be wise...and we still live in a world where some people do not feel comfortable working with black people.

Unfortunately, what Brother Mouzane describes happens frequently.

Rising Fast

Abundant
Reaction score
Reactions
44,460 1,594 2,102
Alleybux
I am the face of my business and it’s a huge part of my success. I would never hide behind my business. If you don’t want to buy from a black person, you are not my target customer.

the responses in here are pathetic so far.

Charlibaltimore

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,046 515 36
Alleybux
Please y’all keep the opinions rolling in like to see what ppl think positive or negative .

one thing i do want to say is that i will not hide behind my business due to being a black woman never am i ashamed of that but i would love to hide my face for
Safety and privacy my business would be in my hometown in the Midwest . And another thing in the black community i notice with all these entrepreneurs they all wanna be buddy buddy for superficial reasons certain things i would not want to attract for the wrong reasons .

Charlibaltimore

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,046 515 36
Alleybux
Is there a health/fitness theme to your shop? Do you make claims that your products will slim/trim, etc? If so, maybe showing yourself and how your smoothies and juices manifest in your physical health would be helpful.
Oh yes the theme is all about HEALTH / detox yes I’m also
Still trying to work on myself physically i think that would be a scam to do this and look like sh!t in real life lols .