Quantcast

Butt length natural hair

stillagoodgirl

Abstinence makes his heart grow fonder.
Reaction score
Reactions
11,316 298 79
Alleybux
She has multiple videos on how she achieved her length and like all the long hair naturals, it's just length retention and having a good working regimen. There isn't really a long hair gene actually but her texture, strand thickness and density and other hair characteristics are what she got from genetics that helped her retain length and the rest was from what she did with her own hair. She appears to have high density coarse strands which is going to make it a lot easier for her to retain length compared to someone with finer, weaker hair strands that are more breakage prone which is what more naturals have than not.
This is why most of the naturals with super long hair have thick hair strands and high density regardless of curl pattern are more common than ones that have fine and/or low density and long hair

Everyone can stand to have a terminal length between 12 - 36 inches of hair in their life time. No waist length and beyond isn't possible for everyone but many people can still get longish hair. You are going to have tobtake several years of working to retain as much length as possible and practice healthy hair/practices to find out what length your hair eventually stops at before you can say it's genetics that's holding you back and not you if you are still at shoulder length after 6 years.
Best explanation!!

I used to be one of those stuck at shoulder length people. I was convinced that my hair wasn't growing so I dyed my hair to see. It grew alright just slow and the breakage + trims is what made it appear to not grow at all. I started focusing on reducing breakage instead of growth. I used to be obsessed and checked daily to see how much it grew. Well I finally passed shoulder length after about a year! Another factor to my slow length retention were scissor happy and heat damaging stylists.

ReinaDuNord

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,206 728 313
Alleybux
Look who the fµck she allowed to TOUCH let alone cut her hair...

hell look at her hair
When I wore a blunt cut (only about APL-mid back tho), I used to go to white salon for routine trims. But I live in a white-as-hell metro area. :(

At that point, with her hair just long and straight and not cut in any actual style...

HELLO Rupert

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
10,075 139 89
Alleybux
I understand her hair was clean, however, I didn't know this was an accepted practice. I have been natural for close to 30 years so it has been a long time since I have been in salons frequently. In my past relaxed life, and even now when I receive a service, I am accustomed to patrons being washed at the salon before service is provided.
I never wash mine before I get a cut because I get a dry haircut.