Quantcast

C.D.C. Director on the Sunday Shows talking about mixed face mask messages

BLAC N MILD

SteppinOnSh*t...
Reaction score
Reactions
186,710 5,283 3,248
Alleybux
Exactly!! If you are vaccinated, you are safe, but what they mean is that you are "safer". Meaning you are very unlikely to die from the virus if you get it.

Look at it this way, driving is safe but you can still die in a crash.

Safe is a relative term.

It does not mean 100% foolproof.

And the fact still remains that people who are fully vaccinated can still get the virus. The vaccine is not a cure, it gives you the antibodies so that your body can fight the virus if/when you get it. Which makes it far more likely that you will survive it if you get it.

To go back to the car crash analogy.

Covid = car crash.

Vaccine = seatbelt and airbags.

No vaccine = no seatbelt or no airbags.

Which crash are you more likely to survive?
We're all far more likely to survive if we get it, without being vaccinated...

It's amazing how people just ignore that 99.997% survival rate...

Bordeleau

Overly invested in this sh!t show
Reaction score
Reactions
11,277 295 185
Alleybux
We're all far more likely to survive if we get it, without being vaccinated...

It's amazing how people just ignore that 99.997% survival rate...

Strongly disagree

Last edited:

First Time Caller

Mid century Modern
Reaction score
Reactions
33,137 753 354
Alleybux
If you're fully vaccinated "You're Safe!" so why are you so concerned about those who are not vaccinated? I'm still trying to figure out the reasons for getting the vaccine only to still act like you're terrified of catching the rona from the unvaccinated. "You're Safe!" so just go on about living your life!
Because the vaccine isn't 100 percent effective. (No vaccine is or has ever been, btw). It's 90-something percent effective and I'm unwilling to take the 1-10 percent (whatever it is) risk at this point in time. If everyone was vaccinated then the chances of catching it would be almost 0 but as long as it's circulating freely, there's a chance, albeit a small one, that I can get infected. (Research smallpox and how it's basically been eradicated globally because of the smallpox vaccine and because there was almost 100 percent participation worldwide.) If I'm in a group of vaccinated people I trust, I'm okay being around them unmasked, but in public spaces with people of unknown status, no! I don't mind wearing a mask in public. I'm fully aware that I'm likely being irrational and probably need therapy but I'm okay with that right now. I refuse to be incapacitated or murdered by this virus and the stupid.

Leapfrog

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,387 2,259 1,935
Alleybux
Because being vaccinated does not mean you are safe.

Fully vaccinated people can still get the virus and can still spread it, they may not be symptomatic though.

This is the thing that people don't understand. The vaccine does not make you immune from the virus. It just makes the symptoms much less severe or even non-existent. It makes it much less likely that you will be hospitalized or die from it. But the vaccine is not a cure. You can still catch it and spread it.

So, although being vaccinated means that Covid is much less of a threat to you, it does not make you less of a threat to others. Which is why everyone should still wear a mask, regardless.

Got my first dose today (Phizer)

Uh... Yes, vaccines block most transmission of COVID-19

Madashelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,299 1,656 385
Alleybux
I been stop listening to the CDC. Their main goal of telling vaccinated people that they can take off their masks is to make the unvaccinated feel that they too should get vaccinated. Regardless, I am keeping my mask on.