Call the "Victoria Falls" The MOSI OA TUNYA its rightful name

Reactions
37,235 1,202 1,314
Alleybux
Mosi oa Tunya means in Zambia, "the smoke that thunders" and its the rightful name for the falls than the one those white british cheaters and liars gave the river, after their cheating queen Victoria.

For short, Mosi Falls, or Tunya Falls, let get it refered to it all the time.

Reactions
11,267 100 102
Alleybux
let's apply that to the "sphinx" which is not the sphinx...in fact its rightful name is Her Em Akhet. the sphinx is a greek mythical creature that is a woman's head and a lion's body...

End professional victim hood on LSA!!!
Reactions
60,663 2,121 717
Alleybux
Mosi oa Tunya means in Zambia, "the smoke that thunders" and its the rightful name for the falls than the one those white british cheaters and liars gave the river, after their cheating queen Victoria.

Is it true that there is something going on in the Victoria falls.

Black Consciousness
Reactions
716 6 1
Alleybux
To be specific the language is Rozi or Lozi. Spoken by minorities in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia.

Zambians have been on this wave length for quite some time now. There is the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park (Although the town is stilled called David Livingstone). On the Zimbabwean side they call their park Victoria Falls National Park (The town, airport and major road are all called Victoria Falls). Why?

This should have been changed at the very latest, Zimbabwe's independence in 1980.

Robert Mugabe by the way, had a knighthood (later taken away of course) and I wonder if this is one of the reasons why he was passive about removing the Victoria from the name.

Reactions
2,559 56 21
Alleybux

Thanks for sharing - I wasn't aware. I'll try and do my bit correcting people.

It took a while, but very few people in Australia call it 'Ayres Rock' anymore - it's Uluru, the Aborigine name. So it can be done if people show support.

Mosi Oa Tunya is on my bucket list to visit :emoji_hugging:

ETA:

Don't know why the hug emoji is so huge - llloool!

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reactions
102,700 2,520 1,752
Alleybux

At the rate Zambia is going, it is going to be call Mao Ze Dong Yellow falls.

Hater of GIFs, Emojis and TextSpeak
Reactions
16,008 72 19
Alleybux

Lake Victoria too that was 'discovered'

Reactions
7,275 150 18
Alleybux
I always thought that Mosi oa Tunya was Tonga, didn't know it was actually Lozi... But yes, OP I agree, besides Victoria Falls sounds boring and bland. They should even rename the towns in Zimbabwe and Zambia

"Under the Moon and over the Sky."
Reactions
251 1
Alleybux

I learned something beautiful today. Thanks OP. Smh to the trifling, subhuman, neanderthal OG colonizers.

。^‿^。
Reactions
173,175 2,141 1,061
Alleybux

The original name is more rememberal.

The Culture

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

9ja gist live 2021 (Brand New Tea Thread)
That's what I thought too. I think something is off with her. Unfortunately, the environment she is in will further make things worse. I think...
I Think I’m On My Way To Securing The Bag With A Billionaire
It looks like Bill Gates is going to need a restraining order against LSA stalkers/harassers ..etc :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  • Poll
Black woman goes on mini rant, says she gonna support Asian nail shops no matter what! “They...
I walked into a black nail salon a few weeks ago and I wanted to ask about the services cuz I have been doing my nails since the pandemic an the...
SNL embarrassing themselves yet again with terrible 'Gen Z Hospital' sketch
90% of the slang they’re attributing to Gen Z is just AAVE that’s been around for decades :skull: It's crazy because all the young kids are...
Ma'khia Bryant's family tell their story of what happened before the shooting
some of them are still trying to demonize this girl. Remember when they demonized her family saying how they're in front of the cameras but, none...
UPDATE Rapper AKA's fiance Nelli commits suicide
Second statement by Aka... Wonder who he is referring to? @TIFFANYxx One of her friends says he smashed Nelli’s head against a wall and...
YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
If keesha was smart and petty... she would fuck shanita and make HER famous.. that would get the million views AND sponsorships she is looking...
SWV vs. XSCAPE VERZUZ BATTLE | May 8th, 2021
Xscape just didn't do it for me. As it pertains to group songs (not features or songs written by...) SWV won. Idc about the live performances in...
Beyoncé Spreads It for IG
OK, so Gold French tips is the new style for the spring, summer?
Top Bottom