Quantcast

Calls to expel Maxine Waters for inciting violence gain steam

NovaSky

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,476 1,655 977
Alleybux
There have been historically people who voted against certifying elections before. Some background:

***So that’s a different subject. This thread is specifically about inciting harassment and violence. Has any other Congressperson done that?
You are quoting a center-right news source that tries to compare fringe challenges to the widespread co-signing of a lie. They are not the same, hence the injection of personal opinion that permeates this article.

The active charade and reasoning for not certifying the election was based on a lie that would appeal to unhinged and armed citizens who had been told by their own president to “fight.” Margaret Taylor Green is on video verbally accosting her colleagues and telling her weird supporters that she is being victimized. She was stripped of her appointments, but is still in office. Critics of Waters have no leg to stand on. You can’t excuse their behavior and then pick and choose when you want to enforce rules and “decency.” Let the people she serves decide if they should get rid of her.

palmt

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
161,735 11,050 8,001
Alleybux
You are quoting a center-right news source
Nova, I’ve seen your posts before. You are too intelligent to use that kind of reductionist thinking, focusing on the source rather than the material.

But back to the thread subject, at least two posters have said the law is “Jim Crow” or “takes away voting rights.” I asked both to explain with specificity what in the law does either and neither did. That’s odd to me, that something supposedly so egregious it warrants moving a major sporting event, can’t be explained clearly. Maybe you can?

Loeny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,759 6,959 11,542
Alleybux
I’m serious in that I’d like you or someone to post videos of those people or anyone inciting harassment/ violence akin to Waters’ videos. It’s a sincere ask. I haven’t seen anyone on either side of the aisle be as brazen and reckless with incitement as Waters. If you have the tape, please share so I can compare. Sincere ask.
Maxine is WAY OVER old enough to have known better. Like I said in an earlier post, they are now, at this moment, discussing how her dumb ass comment just gave Chauvin a right to a defense on appeal if the verdict is against him .

Not to mention that her dumb ass comment almost caused a mistrial in the current trial.

Yankeeology

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
18,291 8,713 7,765
Alleybux
Maxine is WAY OVER old enough to have known better. Like I said in an earlier post, they are now, at this moment, discussing how her dumb ass comment just gave Chauvin a right to a defense on appeal if the verdict is against him .

Not to mention that her dumb ass comment almost caused a mistrial in the current trial.
This probably gave Kevin McCarthy the speakership in 2023--scared white voters will elect Republicans.

Loeny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,759 6,959 11,542
Alleybux
Stopped reading there.

Stupid people, those incapable of complex thinking, who are married to binary low-IQ, msm-induced tropes, should steer clear of my threads.
You can ask them valid questions to prove their assertions and they can't find their way out of a paper bag.

Then, you get called names because they can't think critically.

Loeny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,759 6,959 11,542
Alleybux
I like Maxine, she should retire in 2022. She is a history making woman.
She's about to make more history because Chauvin is going to be a free man eventually, thanks to Maxine Waters. It may not be in THIS case but if found guilt and appeal, he WALKS thanks to her statement.

Can't make more stupid history than that!

TaiGonz

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,008 101 101
Alleybux
She's about to make more history because Chauvin is going to be a free man eventually, thanks to Maxine Waters. It may not be in THIS case but if found guilt and appeal, he WALKS thanks to her statement.

Can't make more stupid history than that!
This is why there is a time and a place for saying certain things. Now, her words might cause more harm than good for getting justice for George. Chauvin’s attorney brought this up and the judge basically agreed that he could see her remarks as being a reason to overturn a guilty verdict if appealed. SMH!!

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,889 21,162 21,866
Alleybux
I wish she would have said, “We have to keep peacefully protesting and working to change laws to reform the police.” The statement “We’ve got to say in the streets” is too broad and implies she has no issue with people rioting and looting.

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,889 21,162 21,866
Alleybux
This is why there is a time and a place for saying certain things. Now, her words might cause more harm than good for getting justice for George. Chauvin’s attorney brought this up and the judge basically agreed that he could see her remarks as being a reason to overturn a guilty verdict if appealed. SMH!!
Yeah, I read that the judge in Chauvin’s trial is pissed about Maxine’s statements.

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,889 21,162 21,866
Alleybux
Nobody has this energy for trump. I thought the right loved free thinkers and freedom of speech?
Are you kidding? Trump was singlehanded blamed for the Capitol riots in January. A few of his supporters, when they got arrested, even said they were acting on Trump’s commands.

TennisBracelet

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,735 4,870 3,606
Alleybux
This is what she gets.

Telling unarmed protestors to get "more confrontational" ???

tf

Dumb move on her part. She setting people up to get killed

TennisBracelet

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,735 4,870 3,606
Alleybux

Exactly.

What a stupid woman.

She needs to go. Too dumb to lead anyone.

missmisha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
170,265 7,763 5,725
Alleybux
Are you kidding? Trump was singlehanded blamed for the Capitol riots in January. A few of his supporters, when they got arrested, even said they were acting on Trump’s commands.

I’m saying the same ppl pissed at Maxine waters had no issue defending trump under the guise of free speech, where is that defense now? These ppl want to blame this old lady for political unrest so they don’t have to blame a white person, one of their own for his police misconduct. I see through this bµllsh!t.

TaiGonz

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,008 101 101
Alleybux
This is what she gets.

Telling unarmed protestors to get "more confrontational" ???

tf

Dumb move on her part. She setting people up to get killed
It was very dumb. Like I said, you have to recognize the significance of your words especially when the judge determines it can be a reason for a guilty verdict to be overturned. Had she worded it differently, it wouldn’t have been a problem.

Cafe au lait

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
118,424 4,537 6,628
Alleybux

This is the crux of the case made by the editorial:

The minority House leader says if Pelosi doesn’t take action, he will:

**Your personal feelings aside, is it not duplicitous to be employed to uphold law and order on one hand and incite anarchy on the other? And if the former President was impeached for “incitement,” it’s hard to argue against it for Mad Maxine if you’re going to be consistent, correct? If not, why not?

And while the famous Congresswoman is on our minds, let’s remember she has been historically one of the least effective Congresspeople, presiding over a rundown district in which she doesn’t even physically reside. Caping for illegal aliens while your own constituents suffer is an abomination, is it not? Recall that devastating ad her opponent made last fall:

***So what say you? Is it time for Mad Maxine to go?

Due to redistricting Waters district has changed multiple times, since she was 1st elected in the 1990s. Currently her district is mostly Hispanic.
Stopped reading there.

Stupid people, those incapable of complex thinking, who are married to binary low-IQ, msm-induced tropes, should steer clear of my threads.

You post right wing talking points from right wing tabloids, like the Rupert Murdoch owned msm NY Post. And you believe that your right wing propaganda post = complex high IQ “thinking?”

Who gives a fµck what the 90% white, anti democratic white supremacist Trump cult of lies and hypocrisy is “calling for?” They are a fµck!ng joke and so is this thread and the vast majority of your thinly veiled right wing propaganda threads.

Republicans have been going after Maxine Waters, since the 1990’s. Why? She’s black. She’s a woman and she doesn’t take their sh!t. fµck em!

Last edited:

meeka472

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,855 7,128 4,735
Alleybux
Stupid people, those incapable of complex thinking, who are married to binary low-IQ, msm-induced tropes

Wow you described yourself so well... nice job!

source.gif

You may be stupid now but keep trying and maybe one day you might learn something.

TaiGonz

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,008 101 101
Alleybux
I wish she would have said, “We have to keep peacefully protesting and working to change laws to reform the police.” The statement “We’ve got to say in the streets” is too broad and implies she has no issue with people rioting and looting.
Exactly!

mdhlife

I have spoken ...
Reaction score
Reactions
36,707 2,150 1,090
Alleybux
I’m serious in that I’d like you or someone to post videos of those people or anyone inciting harassment/ violence akin to Waters’ videos. It’s a sincere ask. I haven’t seen anyone on either side of the aisle be as brazen and reckless with incitement as Waters. If you have the tape, please share so I can compare. Sincere ask.
are you serious again ?
Jan 6th terrorists were not violent
Trump supporters are not violent
Trump encouraged his supporters to be violent and promised to cover their legal fees

Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong.

mdhlife

I have spoken ...
Reaction score
Reactions
36,707 2,150 1,090
Alleybux

Carosejoi

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,610 259 294
Alleybux
You making a mistake. This is not about facts. Maxine is on our side so all okay no matter what she does. That's the way it works nowadays.

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,889 21,162 21,866
Alleybux
I’m saying the same ppl pissed at Maxine waters had no issue defending trump under the guise of free speech, where is that defense now? These ppl want to blame this old lady for political unrest so they don’t have to blame a white person, one of their own for his police misconduct. I see through this bµllsh!t.
Some Republicans did condemn Trump. But even for the ones who didn’t, it still doesn’t absolve Maxine from her irresponsible comment of telling people to stay in the streets and get more confrontational if Chauvin is acquitted knowing this country is already on the brink of civil unrest. The only thing rioting will do is get more black people killed and arrested. It will also increase poverty and unemployment, which is already sky high in many black areas.

KKND04232016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,225 4,205 1,946
Alleybux
They better leave Mama Waters alone!!!! I promise.. that let that orange man post 40 Twitter post inciting a riot on the CAPITAL!!! Come on now. That KILLED 5 people.

nsquared

spinning somewhere between ocean, land and sky
Reaction score
Reactions
137,346 2,202 256
Alleybux
This is the chorus from folks who allowed crazies to breach the capital, threatened to kill their VP and harm the Speaker? The same folks who now say they were not scurred??? FOH with that BS. F all the way out!

Last edited:

L84AD8

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,349 612 657
Alleybux
Really how about your President?
You know, the white supremacist you voted for and he still lost the election?
How about him?:disdain

Kenyata_1961

Continuing to enjoy retirement.
Reaction score
Reactions
47,749 4,431 738
Alleybux
Fat ass Ted "Cancun" Cruz and the rest of the white GQP lynch mob needs to shut the fµck up.
Are these mutherfukkers so forgetful in their old ages that they don't remember that they were captured on film calling for civil insurrection because tRump keeps lying about how he won the presidency instead of how he really got his fat ass kicked by Joe Biden on election night?

This big fat ass was calling for violence, yet he's going after Maxine? PLEASE ....

This bald, bucktooch cousin-marrying, racist piece of sh!t lost his mind asshole was also calling "TRIAL BY COMBAT" 24 HOURS befor tRump's cult stormed and destroyed the Capitol.

And lest we not forget who started this fuckery with weeks and years of saying that the election would be stolen from him? He kept repeating that lie over and over and over again. So much so that when he told his crazy flock to walk down to the Capitol and meet him there we see what happened on Jan. 6th 2021. And my God, this fat fucker is STILL saying that the election was stolen from him. STILL.

Auntie Maxine isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:

VeronicaBarz

CATCH IT!
Reaction score
Reactions
6,394 486 559
Alleybux
I don’t think this is something the Republicans want because if they reprimand Maxine for inciting violence, there will be no choice but to revisit the ones that incited the travesty on Jan. 6.

Since Republicans are already in the minority in both houses of Congress, removing any of them on top of DC becoming a state will render them powerless for the next few decades. That’s 4 representatives and senate seats that are automatically blue. No gerrymandering or redlining can save them. They should sit this one out

NovaSky

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,476 1,655 977
Alleybux
Nova, I’ve seen your posts before. You are too intelligent to use that kind of reductionist thinking, focusing on the source rather than the material.

But back to the thread subject, at least two posters have said the law is “Jim Crow” or “takes away voting rights.” I asked both to explain with specificity what in the law does either and neither did. That’s odd to me, that something supposedly so egregious it warrants moving a major sporting event, can’t be explained clearly. Maybe you can?
And I think you are too intelligent to disregard the rest of my message. I outlined why the sourcing was important to note and some key issues with the arguments presented in an article that injected too much opinion to be considered impartial. I don’t know which posters you are referring to, but I’m not a fan of the tightened restrictions on absentee and mail in ballots in the Georgia law. Nor do I think the potential reduction in the number of ballot drop boxes in the largest, somewhat purple districts after an election largely swayed by blue mail-in ballots is a coincidence.

The rhetoric from supporters of that bill that these measures will restore confidence in the electoral process is also moot considering that it’s coming from a party known for redlining. Not to mention they were recently lead by, and supported, a sore loser who actively worked to continue to erode already diminishing institutional trust in this country. I don’t mind discussing differences in opinion, but let’s be fair Palm.

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,394 21,161 10,192
Alleybux
By the Trump standard, she didn't do it, and even if she did, it doesn't matter, lots of people did it, in fact, you are the inciter for caller her an inciter, there are many people who say Maxine is the least inciteful person you have ever met.

Femme Pop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
257,631 7,071 3,323
Alleybux
The audacity and sheer hypocrisy of these racist fucks.

I wish we could send them all to another planet so they could leave us tf alone...so tired of their bs.

nsquared

spinning somewhere between ocean, land and sky
Reaction score
Reactions
137,346 2,202 256
Alleybux
I don’t think this is something the Republicans want because if they reprimand Maxine for inciting violence, there will be no choice but to revisit the ones that incited the travesty on Jan. 6.

Since Republicans are already in the minority in both houses of Congress, removing any of them on top of DC becoming a state will render them powerless for the next few decades. That’s 4 representatives and senate seats that are automatically blue. No gerrymandering or redlining can save them. They should sit this one out
Not to mention, their former leader never saw any case he didn’t comment on, including his own. The Dotard University case, the Michael Flynn Case, the Paul Manafort case, the Roger Stone case, hell, he even supported Putin against his own country! He spoke very loudly, and always in support of the defendant of the day...and they called it his ‘opinion’. Nevermind he actually engaged the AG to facilitate real interference. They need to hush. At the time, Dotard had a far larger megaphone than Ms. Waters and the power of the full government at his command. Auntie Maxine has an ‘opinion’ too, and they need to hush.

ETA: She is not my favorite Auntie and she occasionally says the quiet part out loud, but I am not going to have the GOP clowns talk ish about, or to, her when their dear leader stayed way out of pocket and they simply turning their necks.

Last edited:

sophiasofi

For half a minute there wasn't a sound.
Reaction score
Reactions
333,245 12,152 6,801
Alleybux
I don't understand Maxine Waters. Why would she think it's a good idea to basically say that people should riot based on a verdict when the trial is not even over and the Jury is just now hashing everything out?

Why would she say that her words mean nothing?

Also, last year...it was Maxine Waters who said that the people who were protesting were NOT rioters but were "insurrectionists".

Yes, it was Maxine Waters who used the term insurrection to describe black people protesting but then this year at the Capitol that SAME term is being used for people who breached Capitol Hill in violence.

Nobody finds all of this very strange?

BedtimeStories

Only Prince knows for sure.
Reaction score
Reactions
50,009 551 114
Alleybux
I don't understand Maxine Waters. Why would she think it's a good idea to basically say that people should riot based on a verdict when the trial is not even over and the Jury is just now hashing everything out?

Also, last year...it was Maxine Waters who said that the people who were protesting were NOT rioters but were "insurrectionists".

Yes, it was Maxine Waters who used the term insurrection to describe black people protesting but then this year at the Capitol that SAME term is being used for people who breached Capitol Hill in violence.

There's a lot of distinction to be made in what you're saying. I agree she shouldn't have said anything about an ongoing trial. That was really stupid.

As for the rest, there was rioting at the protests, but not ALL Black people rioted and not ALL white people participated in the Capitol breach. It's important to get specific in these kinds of situations and not paint the whole thing with one brush.

During the BLM protests of the murder of George Floyd, the vast majority of gatherings were peaceful. During the Capitol breach, the vast majority of people were on the outside. NONE of the looting, rioting, shootings, killings are acceptable on both sides and those people should be held accountable. You can be "confrontational" without being violent. You can be peacefully protesting and have violence done to you (Trump calling in the his goons in Washington).

ProprioBella

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,252 1,164 401
Alleybux
They better leave Mama Waters alone!!!! I promise.. that let that orange man post 40 Twitter post inciting a riot on the CAPITAL!!! Come on now. That KILLED 5 people.

Right! How is what she said any different from all the pots stirred by that orange turd? Or his powder head son?

Stakesishigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,850 250 324
Alleybux

In a normal case yes but Not when you understand maxine waters are her history of clout chasing. Her district is heavily gentrified and he she does absolutely nothing for black folks. Black folks are at the bottom and she puts illegal immigrants in front of black folks. She is a disgrace.