Quantcast

Can a woman truly become curvy via gym?

sillymee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,328 430 91
Alleybux
what types of workouts were you doing? Not all workouts are conducive to growing the glutes. For example, running will shred your leg muscles (think how long distance runner look. Thin with no strong leg muscle).

Right now I do weight training with a focus on lower body. Compound movements like Squats, deadlifts and hip thrust and then other movements to create a nice shape to the rest of my legs and whole body. I do cardio only twice a week and when I do it’s not running. I’ll do stair master, elliptical or sprints (which are good unlike long runs). I also try to walk a lot more. A lot of folks under estimate how much walking can help get your weight down.

I would follow Bret Contreras on IG. He is the master. Right now I do Stephanie Buttermore’s plan but I rotate my plan few months.

Also make sure to push yourself in the gym. Not overdo it, but don’t mess around. I follow Mike Rashid on YT for that type of advice. He pushes himself and I have incorporated some of his tips.

How did you use his guide?

LionessR

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,674 918 242
Alleybux
How did you use his guide?

Can you clarify? He as in Bret Contreras?

I used Stephanie Buttermore's guide and its pretty self explanatory. I used the knowledge Bret provides to make sure I know the science behind what I'm doing and to make my own workouts when I'm not following some's guide.

Hope that answers your question!

sillymee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,328 430 91
Alleybux
Can you clarify? He as in Bret Contreras?

I used Stephanie Buttermore's guide and its pretty self explanatory. I used the knowledge Bret provides to make sure I know the science behind what I'm doing and to make my own workouts when I'm not following some's guide.

Hope that answers your question!

Yes. Bret. Thanks for the insight

pakapoagal

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
785 9 14
Alleybux
you guys still spreading lies and dreams? why is no one producing scientific proof? only some youtube, gram person.

they didn't get a juicy fat butt from the gym or healthy eating. the gym does not redistribute fat it suppose to shred fat, condition muscles.

SweetSound

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,973 39 37
Alleybux
Yes you can but if you don't have hips you won't gain hips. But you can become curvier. You will also need to gain weight and eat healthy to maintain a flat stomach.

Like the other poster said, hourglass? No. Not if you don’t have the genes. But curvier via creating muscle , yes. This is a great example of someone who got curvier and doesn’t hourglass figure.

LovelyKJ

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,086 319 101
Alleybux
well the volleyball player comment is definitely a compliment, they really have the nicest bodies. track girls are a close second
I get asked if i run track all... i thought i was becoming too muscular!

dancery

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,715 295 168
Alleybux
This thread lol
It’s simple but it’s not easy. So let’s talk anatomy. Anything that’s a MUSCLE you can grow. Anything that’s BONE will stay the same. The way your body fat is DISTRIBUTED you cannot change. The amount of body fat you have OVERALL you can change. Manipulating your overall body fat and the amount of muscle you have will change your shape. That’s literally what bodybuilding is.

The thing about curviness is it’s a combination of bone structure and muscle. Your bones give you the foundation (literally the skeleton lol) but you can always build on top of that with muscle. But you’ll never have somebody else’s bone structure or fat distribution (naturally at least).

so yes, anyone CAN become curvier with enough training and focused diet, but you may not look EXACTLY how you want to. And most people won’t have any significant transform anyway because they don’t have the patience, drive, or knowledge.

Layani

I dont care, do you?
Reaction score
Reactions
116,023 5,186 2,852
Alleybux
I think you can get lower body curves (thighs/bum) in the gym, but upper body like your waist and boobs are genetic.

I saw a post on IG of some flat booty white girl working out and developing a really nice butt. She said it took 3 years of following Bret Contreras' plan but it's doable.

I'm so happy I downloaded that leak a few weeks back, I'm gonna start his program this month

Do you have the link to that thread I had it but I cant find it anymore

MsPepper95

To thine own self be true✨
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Personally don't believe it.

Can you get fitter? Absolutely.
Can you change your God-given shape? That's between you and God...

Mary620

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,957 774 187
Alleybux
I’ve watched this girls entire fitness journey and she most definitely did. Like everyone said, genetics play a role but fitness and diet can definitely help you achieve a little something! I think most people give up too easily. It’s taken her 4 years to make this much progress.

Prudefont112

Feminism destroyed America
Reaction score
Reactions
14,415 4,040 8,529
Alleybux
No but saying that will crush dreams of the women who desire to be desired.

LSA always says bw have different bodies than ww. Yet these types of threads always go against that.

SimbaLuver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,051 5,914 5,610
Alleybux
No. The gym gets you in shape but isn't going to turn a ruler into an hourglass. It doesn't work like that. There's a reason why there are body type names. Let those fantasies go.

SimbaLuver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,051 5,914 5,610
Alleybux
Just cuz you don’t know what you’re doing in the gym doesn’t mean it’s not possible. Weight training and building muscle in the right places gives a woman curves, period. You can build up your shoulders, back and lower body to create that look. Believe what you want, I’ll keep snatching my sexy body in the gym cuz it works !!
Taylor Swift ain't turning to Beyonce because of the gym. Cut that fake science. And Taylor like Beyonce both work out and are rich.

SimbaLuver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,051 5,914 5,610
Alleybux
you guys still spreading lies and dreams? why is no one producing scientific proof? only some youtube, gram person.

they didn't get a juicy fat butt from the gym or healthy eating. the gym does not redistribute fat it suppose to shred fat, condition muscles.
They call Gina Rodriguez fridge built and she's in works out everyday. How come it isn't helping her look like Halle Berry?

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
They call Gina Rodriguez fridge built and she's in works out everyday. How come it isn't helping her look like Halle Berry?
Because Gina was a professional fighter, her workouts were most likely focused on strength and not on aesthetics. In simple words: she wasn’t trying to look like Halle Berry in the first place.

SimbaLuver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,051 5,914 5,610
Alleybux
Because Gina was a professional fighter, her workouts were most likely focused on strength and not on aesthetics. In simple words: she wasn’t trying to look like Halle Berry in the first place.
You ain't answer the question. How come she can't escape that box shape? No matter what? I know she isn't trying to look like Berry. How come Taylor Swift can't get Marilyn Monroe's body in the gym? lol *Of course I know why women cannot change the body type they're born with without plastic, which is older than everyone on this board * The model on "Let's Make Deal" has a totally different body type from Beyonce.

Last edited:
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
You ain't answer the question. How come she can't escape that box shape? No matter what? I know she isn't trying to look like Berry. How come Taylor Swift can't get Marilyn Monroe's body in the gym? lol *Of course I know why women cannot change the body type they're born with without plastic, which is older than everyone on this board * The model on "Let's Make Deal" has a totally different body type from Beyonce.
You are making a lot of assumptions. Maybe Gina doesn’t want to escape that box shape. Again, she’s a fighter by profession, she is training to be strong, not to look like a Beyoncé or Halle Berry. How do you know if Taylor has tried to look like Marilyn Monroe? Has she ever tried? Has she ever said she tried? Or are you assuming she tried to get that shape because said shape is ideal to you? I know it sounds absolutely crazy but some women actually like being thin. I have changed my body type through exercise and have gone from Taylor to slim thick so it is possible. I’ve posted my pictures before on LSA too. But your reasoning is flawed because you are assuming those women are trying to attain the body YOU deem ideal. You seem not to understand that your results will depend on 1) what you are training for ( strength vs hypertrophy vs maintenance, performance vs health vs strength) and on what exercises you’ll be doing. Again, I doubt that model is trying to look like Beyoncé in the first place. Two people working out doesn’t mean they are doing the same thing in the gym.

trixydixy

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
31,701 812 134
Alleybux

I have followed her from the time she had her original account and yes, she used to look like the photo to the left and slowly built up but her body shape is still the same which is very narrow with little hips. As you can see below:

She is also extremely disciplined in her diet and regime.

afrodite88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
150,784 7,154 1,338
Alleybux
Yes, but don't torture yourself to fit the current ideal. Suddenly eating a whole bunch of carbs and fatty sh!t to be "thicc" may not work out in the long run with all that poison you eat affecting your skin and mental health

superhotfire

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,620 107 107
Alleybux
eat more fatty meats, butter, cheese, oily fish. not only is it calorically dense and you dont have to eat a whole lot, the cholesterol is what gives us our xesual horomones. ive grown bigger hips and boobs. exercise a bit but not too much as you dont want to lose anymore weight

BreeHoneyBee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
48,676 1,455 443
Alleybux
You get “curves” but they’re not soft and feminine in my opinion. Look at those fitness women above.

Don’t get me wrong, all of these women look fantastic/fit but it’s not the same curves as someone with an hourglass body and goes to the gym and gets toned.

MajorMedical

Pickly
Reaction score
Reactions
23,358 836 33
Alleybux
You can.
It takes a lot of patience though
Sometimes it may come from recomp which is maintaining but working out your muscles at a hypertrophy. It can sculpt your body but as other fonts said you won’t turn your body into a entirely different shape but you still can grow your legs and glutes
Bulking will make you gain fat and muscle
At the moment I’m doing bulking at a 500 increase on my third week and these gains are more obvious
I check my macros as well

Princestub

I touched Prince's butt
Reaction score
Reactions
50,712 2,006 1,348
Alleybux
i know someone who changed her entire shape. she was lumpy and dumpy before, then started power lifting and she looks awesome. leg muscles, flat stomach...she looks like a whole other person. i'm bout to start lifting to see if i can get back to my former glory and work off all this baby/corona weight

Afrohemian

Growing and Glowing.
Reaction score
Reactions
17,168 847 551
Alleybux
No, which is why I still support diet & fitness AND plastic surgery. You can get yourself in shape and then get a nice boob job and a BBL and be set if you want.

I haven't read all four pages but you can't exercise to bigger boobs. You can make small booty gains or make yourself more shapely by toning and strict meal planning, but most people can't even do the bare minimum to lose weight. So overall, I would say no.

Bbygrl1995

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,515 76 6
Alleybux
We can tell who works out and who doesn’t.

Glutes are a muscle just like any other muscle. And just like any other muscle they contract and relax. So if you keep contracting the muscle all day yes it’ll be more rigid. The same way if you don’t work them out they’ll be flabbier. But you can grow muscle in your glutes like any other muscle. The only genetic factor is your fat deposit. So if you gain weight in your lower body and you work them out then yes you’ll have a bigger butt. That doesn’t mean you can’t get one by working out.

If you want to look “thick” or “slim thick” or whatever you want to call it:
-if you’re fat, lose weight
-if you’re skinny, gain weight
-lift heavy. Like heavy heavy. You should be tired after your workouts.
-weight train <cardio. Contrary to popular belief you can strength train and increase cardio without having to run.

YOU CANNOT SPOT REDUCE NATURALLY. Stop listening to folks trying to tell you to drink all these teas or buy all these creams. The only way to spot reduce is to get it surgically removed.

Waist trainers are not needed. If you need a back support best to get a belt for your lower body workouts like squats and deadlifts.

BrwnSknBeauty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,643 5,496 3,704
Alleybux
We can tell who works out and who doesn’t.

Glutes are a muscle just like any other muscle. And just like any other muscle they contract and relax. So if you keep contracting the muscle all day yes it’ll be more rigid. The same way if you don’t work them out they’ll be flabbier. But you can grow muscle in your glutes like any other muscle. The only genetic factor is your fat deposit. So if you gain weight in your lower body and you work them out then yes you’ll have a bigger butt. That doesn’t mean you can’t get one by working out.

If you want to look “thick” or “slim thick” or whatever you want to call it:
-if you’re fat, lose weight
-if you’re skinny, gain weight
-lift heavy. Like heavy heavy. You should be tired after your workouts.
-weight train <cardio. Contrary to popular belief you can strength train and increase cardio without having to run.

YOU CANNOT SPOT REDUCE NATURALLY. Stop listening to folks trying to tell you to drink all these teas or buy all these creams. The only way to spot reduce is to get it surgically removed.

Waist trainers are not needed. If you need a back support best to get a belt for your lower body workouts like squats and deadlifts.
What do you mean by the following?

Bbygrl1995

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,515 76 6
Alleybux
What do you mean by the following?

Prioritize weight training over cardio if you want muscle growth. The known cardio exercises (running, jogging, etc.) aren’t the only way to increase cardio, weight training does just as much. Not to mention if you’re going to weight train hard, typical cardio will tire you faster so you’re more likely to lift less. If you power walk on a treadmill for like 30 minutes and have a day or 2 where you do any cardio (my fave is dance), you’ll have less stress on your joints, you won’t over exert yourself, you can get your cardio in and you’ll have ultimate muscle growth.

Again if you actually enjoy doing typical cardio it’s up to you. Hope that helps :giggle: