Quantcast

Can I amend?

FauxBeetle

If you're a man don't quote me. Thanks
Reaction score
Reactions
13,112 313 40
Alleybux
So I filed my 2020 a while ago and still haven't received my refund even though I'm eligible which is leading me to believe I did something wrong. I didn't even see the option to get my rebate either, so if I amended would I end up owing them? I'm not trying to get into any trouble with the irs.

bellzbellz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,192 711 104
Alleybux
From what I hear refunds are taking a while. So you may not have done anything wrong. What exactly would you be trying to amend?

So I filed my 2020 a while ago and still haven't received my refund even though I'm eligible which is leading me to believe I did something wrong. I didn't even see the option to get my rebate either, so if I amended would I end up owing them? I'm not trying to get into any trouble with the irs

FauxBeetle

If you're a man don't quote me. Thanks
Reaction score
Reactions
13,112 313 40
Alleybux
From what I hear refunds are taking a while. So you may not have done anything wrong. What exactly would you be trying to amend?
I think I made a mistake when filing because I also never got the option of a rebate. I read there was a question on the forum that asked "Can you be claimed as a dependent" when others went back and selected it before they submitted, it gave them the option of the rebate. I wanted to go back and correct it just in case, at this point I want at least one of my stimulus's.

bellzbellz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,192 711 104
Alleybux
I think I made a mistake when filing because I also never got the option of a rebate. I read there was a question on the forum that asked "Can you be claimed as a dependent" when others went back and selected it before they submitted, it gave them the option of the rebate. I wanted to go back and correct it just in case, at this point I want at least one of my stimulus's.
If you reported the wrong information about whether or not you can be claimed as a dependent, then yeah you should correct it (especially if someone else is going to claim you). Review the 1040 you submitted and get help from a tax professional if the correction is not straightforward.

Here's info about the rebate: 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit | Internal Revenue Service There's a form linked here that you can complete just to determine whether you are eligible for the rebate at all.