Quantcast

Can I have meal ideas for a low carb, pescatarian diet please?

Badassery xx

Sure don't give a damn!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,497 831 193
Alleybux
Low carb pescatarian or plant diet.

I don't really like egg, so I never eat it - I've only had it like once this year.
I don't really care for cheese either
I'm not a breakfast person - I normally eat my first meal at around 12
I've recently discovered that pasta makes me put on soooo much weight, even more than rice - I'm cutting it out completely

So far I'm stuck on beans (Kidney, black beans, chickpeas) with plantain and veg and salmon and sweet potato with veg - it's getting very boring now though.

Please also recommend snacks as well.

Falafal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,566 1,008 416
Alleybux
OP I feel like you’re my twin. I’ve essentially started a pescatarian diet and I need to lost my belly fat ASAP. So I’m definetly sitting in this thread lol.

One super quick meal I do, is simply sauté some mushrooms, shrimp, and spinach. I add pepper, salt, and bouillon (I like knorr). That might be boring though.

Badassery xx

Sure don't give a damn!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,497 831 193
Alleybux
OP I feel like you’re my twin. I’ve essentially started a pescatarian diet and I need to lost my belly fat ASAP. So I’m definetly sitting in this thread lol.

One super quick meal I do, is simply sauté some mushrooms, shrimp, and spinach. I add pepper, salt, and bouillon (I like knorr). That might be boring though.

Not at all. This sounds so good and I LOVE shrimp. I'm updating my shopping list for next week.

I did have success on my one meal a day diet (my friends noticed how much weight I had lost on my arms etc. However now that I'm on doing a year abroad, it is so hard to stay consistent with my diet.

Badassery xx

Sure don't give a damn!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,497 831 193
Alleybux
Well, you eliminated every suggestion I could give lol. I am pescatarian aswell, but that is as far as my limitations go.
You’re already eliminating carbs, which most meals consists of. The only thing I can recommend you is smoothies (oat milk + optional protein powder + fruits) and salads (whatever you can find and like, throw in there).

I don't even have a blender with me :'(. But good suggestion, thank you.

Bxmariah

Heaven Sent
Reaction score
Reactions
19,408 504 44
Alleybux
I’m sorta on the same diet right now so I’ll let you know what I’ve been into food wise lately. So for breakfast I usually fast until 12 and then I’ll do miso soup with a small side of protein (fish or chicken), lunch is usually a veggie wrap with sautéed onions, mushrooms, peppers and vegan cheese. Then for dinner I’ll do salad with a lot of veggies and a little fruit with salmon or chicken as a side. For a snack I’ll make a smoothie, homemade popsicles or a keto peanut butter bar and if I want something savory I’ll make kale chips. It’s such an easy meal plan and I’ve already lost 10 lbs since starting back in the beginning of March

LoLu10Plus

Laughter is the best medicine.
Reaction score
Reactions
41,680 873 192
Alleybux
My husband makes the best lentil salad, and it goes really well with seafood (especially salmon). In a bowl toss cooked brown lentils, chopped cherry tomatoes, chopped red onion, kalamata olives, chopped flat leaf parsley, chopped cucumber, and dress with a bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Lemon juice and olive oil works well as a dressing, too. And the whole thing is even better if you add some feta.

He usually makes a big batch and we eat it for a few days with different proteins.

Good luck on your diets, ladies!

Badassery xx

Sure don't give a damn!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,497 831 193
Alleybux
I’m sorta on the same diet right now so I’ll let you know what I’ve been into food wise lately. So for breakfast I usually fast until 12 and then I’ll do miso soup with a small side of protein (fish or chicken), lunch is usually a veggie wrap with sautéed onions, mushrooms, peppers and vegan cheese. Then for dinner I’ll do salad with a lot of veggies and a little fruit with salmon or chicken as a side. For a snack I’ll make a smoothie, homemade popsicles or a keto peanut butter bar and if I want something savory I’ll make kale chips. It’s such an easy meal plan and I’ve already lost 10 lbs since starting back in the beginning of March

Sounds perfect. I'm trying to loose 22 pounds (10kg - possibly even 15) before July. If I start now I think I can do it.

Your food choices sound so good, I can't believe I forgot about wraps (can I ask what bread do you use for the wrap?)

Thank you x

Badassery xx

Sure don't give a damn!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,497 831 193
Alleybux
My husband makes the best lentil salad, and it goes really well with seafood (especially salmon). In a bowl toss cooked brown lentils, chopped cherry tomatoes, chopped red onion, kalamata olives, chopped flat leaf parsley, chopped cucumber, and dress with a bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Lemon juice and olive oil works well as a dressing, too. And the whole thing is even better if you add some feta.

He usually makes a big batch and we eat it for a few days with different proteins.

Sounds yum. Thank you.

Bxmariah

Heaven Sent
Reaction score
Reactions
19,408 504 44
Alleybux
Sounds perfect. I'm trying to loose 22 pounds (10kg - possibly even 15) before July. If I start now I think I can do it.

Your food choices sound so good, I can't believe I forgot about wraps (can I ask what bread do you use for the wrap?)

Thank you x
Yay! I’m glad you liked my suggestions!! You can absolutely lose that by July. I use Tumaros whole wheat carb wise tortillas for my wraps. They’re keto friendly and only about 60 calories

YourFavAngel

PM me for Tarot Readings!
Reaction score
Reactions
76,601 3,029 2,231
Alleybux
Low carb but you’re eating beans and plantain? & sweet potatoes too?

Sis, the starchy carbs in potatoes, plantain, and beans are the worst carbs around!

If you’re pescatarian try some recipes for pan-seared scallops and grilled shrimp. Both have zero carbs and can be cooked in a variety of versatile ways. Those are my low-carb go-tos.

Who?Me?

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
355,638 5,408 641
Alleybux
When I need to cut out the pasta, I substitute spaghetti squash or make squash spirals topped with salmon, srhimp or other fish.

Surreal

⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
241,894 7,370 6,304
Alleybux
I'm going to share my original recipe for a low-carb meal. You can just skip the sausage to fit more into your diet:

"My Shirataki Jambalaya. The taste of jambalaya without the carbs and it's good for your gut health.

Shirataki Jambalaya (I used 4 bags of pasta zero spaghetti): with shrimp, andouille sausage, (red, yellow, and orange) bell peppers (one of each), green and yellow/sweet onions (I used half a yellow onion), celery (about 3-4 sticks, chopped), one can of diced tomatoes (I prefer the fire roasted with garlic), and one spoonful of minced garlic along with a host of seasonings like: Tony's creole seasoning, oregano, garlic powder, Himalayan salt, black pepper, chili powder, sage, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, paprika, basil leaves, cayenne pepper, cumin, onion powder, one can of chicken broth, and a dash of olive oil (optional) with a tablespoon or so of sriracha sauce. Didn't measure any of the seasonings. Everything is to taste. Eyeball it and let the ancestors guide you.

Ingredients:

1 bag of deveined, peeled, tail-off medium or small cooked or uncooked shrimp.

1 bag of andouille sausage. (chop them up)

1 can of chicken broth

1 can of diced tomatoes (fire roasted)

4 bags of Shirataki Pasta Zero/Miracle Noodles (Spaghetti style)

3 bell peppers (preferably one of each: red, yellow, orange). (chop them up)

Half of a yellow/sweet onion (mince it)

Green onions (as much as you like) (chop them)

3-4 sticks of celery (chopped)

Spoonful of minced garlic

Some olive oil (mostly for cooking sausage)

Tablespoon of Sriracha sauce

Various seasonings (see above)

gF924Fn.jpg

NYie8mh.jpg

I fix the noodles and my jambalaya separately. I prepared my jambalaya mixture (cook the sausage first, drain the excess oil, put back in the same pot, toss in all the vegetables and seasonings, broth, and a dash of olive oil into one pot and bring that to a boil. Then add your shrimp and let that cook. No simmer since there's no rice, so it's more soupy than regular jambalaya), and when that's done, I poured it over my noodles after I've dried the noodles out as much as I could.

It helps to cut your noodles before drying them out. Makes for easier distribution later when it's time to eat."

Benefits of eating Shirataki noodles:

JEEMIzt.jpg

Mipsaf

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,689 4,421 2,485
Alleybux
What cheese?

LuxeRoyaleBaby

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
389,716 38,794 2,444
Alleybux
I'm on a pescatarian diet too, OP. When I get tired of seafood I'll throw a vegan salad together. Romaine lettuce, red onions, chickpeas, avocados with lime juice drizzled on top, corn, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, tortilla strips and balsamic dressing. If I want a taco salad I'll just replace the cucumbers and chickpeas with black beans and a little bit of vegan mozzarella cheese.

Sometimes I'll eat a Beyond burger wrapped in romaine lettuce topped with avocados and mushrooms sautéed with coconut aminos.

vaguebeaut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,969 2,936 1,237
Alleybux
You can make vegan or vegetarian Tex-Mex, soups, chili, pizza, vegetable stir fry with rice or noodles, smoothies, salads. You can be creative and mix/match ingredients (cauliflower rice or pizza crust to cut carbs, different types of smoothies, etc.)

Snacks: popcorn, fruit with almond butter, vegetables with ranch dip, etc.

Pinterest has a lot of good recipes, if you can’t think of any. These are basically quick meals lol

Last edited:

WorldBFree

Don’t make excuses, make improvements
Reaction score
Reactions
35,571 696 502
Alleybux
I started including fresh salsa as a snack. Started topping my fish with it and even added it as part of my rice cauliflower.

Badassery xx

Sure don't give a damn!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,497 831 193
Alleybux

Sis, the starchy carbs in potatoes, plantain, and beans are the worst carbs around!

If you’re pescatarian try some recipes for pan-seared scallops and grilled shrimp. Both have zero carbs and can be cooked in a variety of versatile ways. Those are my low-carb go-tos.

Omg I could swear I read that they were safe somewhere. woww. nothing is safe. thank you for checking me.

Badassery xx

Sure don't give a damn!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,497 831 193
Alleybux
I'm going to share my original recipe for a low-carb meal. You can just skip the sausage to fit more into your diet:

"My Shirataki Jambalaya. The taste of jambalaya without the carbs and it's good for your gut health.

Shirataki Jambalaya (I used 4 bags of pasta zero spaghetti): with shrimp, andouille sausage, (red, yellow, and orange) bell peppers (one of each), green and yellow/sweet onions (I used half a yellow onion), celery (about 3-4 sticks, chopped), one can of diced tomatoes (I prefer the fire roasted with garlic), and one spoonful of minced garlic along with a host of seasonings like: Tony's creole seasoning, oregano, garlic powder, Himalayan salt, black pepper, chili powder, sage, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, paprika, basil leaves, cayenne pepper, cumin, onion powder, one can of chicken broth, and a dash of olive oil (optional) with a tablespoon or so of sriracha sauce. Didn't measure any of the seasonings. Everything is to taste. Eyeball it and let the ancestors guide you.

Ingredients:

1 can of chicken broth

I fix the noodles and my jambalaya separately. I prepared my jambalaya mixture (cook the sausage first, drain the excess oil, put back in the same pot, toss in all the vegetables and seasonings, broth, and a dash of olive oil into one pot and bring that to a boil. Then add your shrimp and let that cook. No simmer since there's no rice, so it's more soupy than regular jambalaya), and when that's done, I poured it over my noodles after I've dried the noodles out as much as I could.

It helps to cut your noodles before drying them out. Makes for easier distribution later when it's time to eat."

Looks yum, thank youuu x

Badassery xx

Sure don't give a damn!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,497 831 193
Alleybux
You can make vegan or vegetarian Tex-Mex, soups, chili, pizza, vegetable stir fry with rice or noodles, smoothies, salads. You can be creative and mix/match ingredients (cauliflower rice or pizza crust to cut carbs, different types of smoothies, etc.)

Snacks: popcorn, fruit with almond butter, vegetables with ranch dip, etc.

Pinterest has a lot of good recipes, if you can’t think of any. These are basically quick meals lol
I only use almond butter for smoothies.

But i'll try it with fruit. Thank you

nicolanicola123

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,666 119 32
Alleybux

those are definitely not the *worst* carbs compared to everything else lol. But I do agree if you're eating all those things you're deff not on a low carb diet. I had to remove all of those except for sweet potatoes and even that was in careful moderation.

Instead of thinking of it as low carb, try thinking of high fiber (net carbs = carbs (g) minus fiber (g). incorporate a low more dark green veggies and some berries.

YourFavAngel

PM me for Tarot Readings!
Reaction score
Reactions
76,601 3,029 2,231
Alleybux
those are definitely not the *worst* carbs compared to everything else lol. But I do agree if you're eating all those things you're deff not on a low carb diet. I had to remove all of those except for sweet potatoes and even that was in careful moderation.

Instead of thinking of it as low carb, try thinking of high fiber (net carbs = carbs (g) minus fiber (g). incorporate a low more dark green veggies and some berries.
Lol I only said that speaking anecdotally! Starchy carbs are what make me gain weight really quickly.

Before I moved into the low carb eating pattern that I'm into now, I called myself going plant-based for about 6 months and I ended up gaining more weight than I ever have in my life.

I was so confused because everyone makes it seem like veganism/plant-based is the holy grail so I'm like "why am I eating plant based but still gaining weight?" "why am I eating 900 calories per day but still gaining weight?" and then upon further research, I realized it was because once I went plant-based I ended up eating more carbs than I usually would.

My plant-based diet was filled with rice, beans, baked potatoes, lots of bread, grains, etc. and come to find out, my body doesn't tolerate those well :(

ebonyrose

Joining DULOVEMEDO for 6 month hiatus from LSA
Reaction score
Reactions
82,130 2,159 908
Alleybux

I love lentils and this sounds amazing. Thanks!

Ingredients:

1 can of chicken broth

Thanks, I gotta find that zero pasta stuff.

Surreal

⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
241,894 7,370 6,304
Alleybux
I love lentils and this sounds amazing. Thanks!

Thanks, I gotta find that zero pasta stuff.

I haven't tried anywhere else, but I know Walmart carries it. You can probably find it where they sell Tofu near the produce section.

GlamorousOne

Forever I’m That Girl ~ ALIEN SUPERSTAR ~ UNIQUE!
Reaction score
Reactions
333,520 8,434 3,983
Alleybux

I don't really like egg, so I never eat it - I've only had it like once this year.
I've recently discovered that pasta makes me put on soooo much weight, even more than rice - I'm cutting it out completely

So far I'm stuck on beans (Kidney, black beans, chickpeas) with plantain and veg and salmon and sweet potato with veg - it's getting very boring now though.

Instead of wheat pasta switch to quinoa pasta or do zucchini noodles.

Watermelon

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,051 639 395
Alleybux

it might be easier for you if you think of a type of food you like and go from there...like are you in to Italian food and need a way to substitute the pasta? Do you like asian food? if so, it's not hard at all to be a pescatarian and follow their receipts, especially if you don't give up rice.

3sugarspls

bonnet association affiliate
Reaction score
Reactions
47,887 3,028 1,002
Alleybux
My favorite (sort of low carb) fish recipe is basically, making it how I like, with a little butter or olive oil, whatever seasoning I choose and then sprinkling it with panko bread crumbs. I bake it or air fry it until crispy. It’s so good. I usually pair it with broccoli and brown rice.

SimplyLovelyXO

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,788 192 87
Alleybux
OP, if you are going the low-carb pescatarian route, I recommend cutting out the beans and keeping plantains and sweet potato down to a minimum. This will free up more room in your meals for dark leafy greens and vegetables.

I recommend these dishes. You can google recipes for these dishes:

- veggie stir-fry with shrimp
- roasted salmon and asparagus with herbs and lemon
- citrus and berry salad with prawns
- sautéed spicy kale, carrot, and mushroom (shitakes are the best for this)
- tuna fish salad served on butter lettuce instead of bread or crackers
- shrimp mango salsa tacos served on butter lettuce instead of corn tortillas
- veggie pizza with cauliflower crust and cashew "cheese"
- almond blueberry muffins (made with almond flour and apple sauce to sweeten)
- kale chips

Good luck to you!

Galadrihell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
739 12 12
Alleybux
Roasted veggies and salmon. Toss cherry or grape tomatoes and sliced zucchini with olive oil, salt, garlic (shallots if you have them) and I usually have fresh thyme and/or oregano. salt the salmon and place on top, roast on 400 for 20 min or so. you can use butter too. You can squeeze lemon over everything when you're done if you want but the tomato has enough acid.

Soups are good too. Cioppino is delicious and other various fish stews. Avocado and shrimp salads. You can make these Mexican style with corn and cilantro or blacken the shimp Creole style.

Onyxprincess

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,150 1,546 1,886
Alleybux
I’ve been eating pescatarian too.
But I got bored so I did baked (not fried) eggplant rollatini w/ricotta & spicey sauce.

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom