Can we get some tea on Russell Simmons/All Def Digital?

Corona Coochie
Reactions
132,488 1,593 525
Alleybux
I was hoping someone else would make the thread cause I’m lazy af lol. But I was curious based upon this post from the Spoken Reason thread
Since spokenreasons spoke on the inconsistencies of All Def a digital, is there any more tea? I believe what Spokenreasons is saying is true because I have noticed other comedians and content creators have left ADD. For example, Teddy Ray (hilarious) has left, Slink Johnson has left, Reedo Brown has left, and countless others. Is there any tea on why they left? I do remember Patrick cloud putting a video on his YouTube channels stating some people who were working with ADD had an ego and were complainers or something like that I don’t really remember. People were in the comments saying pat was addressing Teddy

I didn’t know Teddy Ray, Slink, and Reedo left since both teddy and slink were in will pharaoh’s HotBox challenge videos

If you’re unaware of what All Def Digital is, it’s a black culture mesh of tmz and buzzfeed

I enjoy their great taste series

But apparently they may be problematic because they don’t pay on time according to the tea above. They have content creators that produce other series as well

So who has the tea on the fuckery?

Team Owner
Reactions
97,728 2,147 463
Alleybux
Kevonstage is also with them and seems to be doing well. He's currently on his own self funded tour. Most of his dates sell out. I'm intrigued to read what goes on behind the scenes because I know Kev story isn't everyone story.

Team Owner
Reactions
97,728 2,147 463
Alleybux
Also a suggestion for the title of the thread. You might want to change it to Russel Simmons All Def Digital instead of just ADD most folks won't get the acronym.

Last edited:
Starter
Reactions
1,218 20 2
Alleybux
here for it. I'm glad they've finally recovered from Cynthia Luciette & JSnow leaving. I miss Teddy Ray but he seems to pop up from time to time.

Hopefully Russell's mess won't affect the channel. They swiftly removed him from being the face after his scandal began.

Reactions
2,013 27 4
Alleybux
here for it. I'm glad they've finally recovered from Cynthia Luciette & JSnow leaving. I miss Teddy Ray but he seems to pop up from time to time.

Hopefully Russell's mess won't affect the channel. They swiftly removed him from being the face after his scandal began.

What scandal? I just started watching this channel late last year but didn't know anything else.

General Manager
Reactions
7,955 78 208
Alleybux
I guess I'm in the minority, but I think Teddy is overrated and don't miss him on the channel at all.

I think Teddy is funny, but him not frequently being on ADD doesn’t bother me. Maybe it’s because at the time when he was a regular I didn’t keep up with ADD’s videos and instead I’m more concerned with the core group of people (Patrick, Kev, Meg, DoBoy, Tahir, Tony, etc.) we see now in the videos since I watch their videos often.

Corona Coochie
Reactions
132,488 1,593 525
Alleybux
Also a suggestion for the title of the thread. You might want to change it to Russel Simmons All Def Digital instead of just ADD most folks won't get the acronym.
I was being lazy lol. I thought about that and just said screw it... I changed it though

Right after they left was about the time I started watching regularly. I think J Snow mentioned something about wanting more creative control over his content but I have no idea why Cynthia left.
I think Teddy is funny, but him not frequently being on ADD doesn’t bother me. Maybe it’s because at the time when he was a regular I didn’t keep up with ADD’s videos and instead I’m more concerned with the core group of people (Patrick, Kev, Meg, DoBoy, Tahir, Tony, etc.) we see now in the videos since I watch their videos often.

Now this is what I wanna know about

Kev is touring and even got his wife in on it for their segment from YouTube called “The Love Hour”

Patrick is a pothead lol. At first I thought he would be a better fit for buzzfeed but I was wrong lol

Who is Meg’s baby daddy? I know she’s got a line sister on here lol

General Manager
Reactions
8,957 79 49
Alleybux
Quick question concerning ADD

Is this he same thing hat happened with Dormtainment? Before they hit a mill, they started collaborating with ADD. The collaborations werenok just not as funny as their own skits. Then their channel took a turn for he worse and they moved to LA and started collaborating and developing content that wasn’t them. For example, they had like a men’s upkeep show (forgot what it’s called) where they would rate men on how to dress and take care of themselves. They had a collaboration with Comedy Central that was horrible and now they work with Kevin hart on the lol network.

What didn’t make sense to me, besides them kicking Tay out of the group for allegedly beating his gf, they just abandoned their channel. They have a million subscribers and just left there channel all together. Their series on YouTube red must not have been good enough to pay for. They give No updates, no closure for telling their fans hey will not be continuing YouTube, or nothing. Makes me wonder if what Spokenreasons is saying about ADD basically silencing competing content creators is true

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reactions
16,645 129 63
Alleybux
According to Glassdoor and things I've picked up on, this isn't a real company; it's a clique. It's run as a startup and has no real HR department.

At first, these creators needed the Def affiliation to have seed money and a little clout, but the SQUADD has clearly outgrown the name or become the name... Patrick has created all these concepts/content that he low-key doesn't own but he has set it up so that none of it can go on without the SQUADD. If this was really "ADD", then they'd make use of their FULL roster, not push the same 6-8 people.

The SQUADD has its members and it will not change, regardless of the numbers, so it's in everyone's best interest to dip in and out like Teddy because you don't own your success over there and you're not going to be a mainstay. Pat put up a video on Insta confirming that he was riding for the SQUADD and he wasn't going to put on comedians that hated on his friends or questioned how they did things.

In My Own League
Reactions
71,590 969 1,084
Alleybux
According to Glassdoor and things I've picked up on, this isn't a real company; it's a clique. It's run as a startup and has no real HR department.

At first, these creators needed the Def affiliation to have seed money and a little clout, but the SQUADD has clearly outgrown the name or become the name... Patrick has created all these concepts/content that he low-key doesn't own but he has set it up so that none of it can go on without the SQUADD. If this was really "ADD", then they'd make use of their FULL roster, not push the same 6-8 people.

The SQUADD has its members and it will not change, regardless of the numbers, so it's in everyone's best interest to dip in and out like Teddy because you don't own your success over there and you're not going to be a mainstay. Pat put up a video on Insta confirming that he was riding for the SQUADD and he wasn't going to put on comedians that hated on his friends or questioned how they did things.

I knew Patrick rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. It seems like he runs a lot of sh_t there.

Reactions
9,682 194 28
Alleybux

Teddy can be funny, but he's nothing special. Which is way I said he is overrated, I don't get the fuss so many people are making about him not being on anymore. In almost every video they post, it's a shit ton of comments asking "Where's Teddy?" "Why wasn't Teddy in this video?" Or "This video would have been better with Teddy"

Teddy's presence doesn't make or break the videos, and if he's not there doesn't matter to me. I really don't get why some are so obsessed with him.

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reactions
16,645 129 63
Alleybux
I knew Patrick rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. It seems like he runs a lot of sh_t there.

He's the head of comedy or comedy development, so he really is the boss over there and it's within his right to do it how he sees fit (I think he still has to pitch shows and get budget approval). I'm just wondering who is over him because they don't seem to be worried that the people are fans of the Squadd and not the brand at this point.

If they decided to leave, would people still watch the channel? I doubt it. From a business standpoint, they shouldn't have based it around such a small group.

When Pat put up the video about other comics downing members of the squadd and still wanting to work with ADD, he said it was fake Hollywood BS and he wasn't going to let them get away with it. He was taking it personal. That video low-key confirmed the behavior in the skits and everything else to be the actual culture of the company.

Also, their job postings state they are looking for someone with "no ego", "chill", and "can take a joke"...

Reactions
9,682 194 28
Alleybux
So what are any of their actual job titles? What do they really do behind the scenes?

I heard DoBoy was responsible for a lot of their content and whatever goes on behind the scenes? I know a lot of them were DoBoy's friends and got on with ADD because of him.

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reactions
16,645 129 63
Alleybux
So what are any of their actual job titles? What do they really do behind the scenes?

I heard DoBoy was responsible for a lot of their content and whatever goes on behind the scenes? I know a lot of them were DoBoy's friends and got on with ADD because of him.

A lot of the info I found overlaps so take it with a grain salt: Kev is head of comedy content, Pat has been listed as head of comedy/lead creative/director. It is safe to assume that the two of them are running things.
Doboy is a writer--- I think he actually writes the skits.

Starter
Reactions
1,218 20 2
Alleybux
Quick question concerning ADD

Is this he same thing hat happened with Dormtainment? Before they hit a mill, they started collaborating with ADD. The collaborations werenok just not as funny as their own skits. Then their channel took a turn for he worse and they moved to LA and started collaborating and developing content that wasn’t them. For example, they had like a men’s upkeep show (forgot what it’s called) where they would rate men on how to dress and take care of themselves. They had a collaboration with Comedy Central that was horrible and now they work with Kevin hart on the lol network.

What didn’t make sense to me, besides them kicking Tay out of the group for allegedly beating his gf, they just abandoned their channel. They have a million subscribers and just left there channel all together. Their series on YouTube red must not have been good enough to pay for. They give No updates, no closure for telling their fans hey will not be continuing YouTube, or nothing. Makes me wonder if what Spokenreasons is saying about ADD basically silencing competing content creators is true

I was thinking the same thing. I know Rome hosted something for BET not to long ago, but outside of that all I've heard is the podcast (which usually only consist of Cam & Rome right now). They always talk about how they want be in creative control of their own, but once they started working with ADD & LOL we didn't get their content from them anymore. I hope they can reignite what they used to have.

The One & Only Trini Princess
Reactions
68,532 1,537 1,508
Alleybux
Teddy can be funny, but he's nothing special. Which is way I said he is overrated, I don't get the fuss so many people are making about him not being on anymore. In almost every video they post, it's a shit ton of comments asking "Where's Teddy?" "Why wasn't Teddy in this video?" Or "This video would have been better with Teddy"

Teddy's presence doesn't make or break the videos, and if he's not there doesn't matter to me. I really don't get why some are so obsessed with him.
Teddy’s absent minded ass wasn’t anything special to me either. He was funny now and again but like I wouldn’t care if he was in a video or not.

General Manager
Reactions
7,955 78 208
Alleybux

So Pat started out as a Production Assistant and was able to work his way up to Producer and Director because the content he would work on with ADD ended up being some of their most watched videos. He and Kev have different titles, but they are probably the two highest ranking people in the office as far as content creation goes and they essentially do the same job (ex: come up with ideas, write skits and jokes, meet new talent, etc.). Kev’s title is Head of Comedy Content and Patrick is a Director.

I know a lot of people probably think Doboy is corny, but from my understanding he’s actually one of their best writers. I think his title is Writer and Producer.

Corona Coochie
Reactions
132,488 1,593 525
Alleybux
So Pat started out as a Production Assistant and was able to work his way up to Producer and Director because the content he would work on with ADD ended up being some of their most watched videos. He and Kev have different titles, but they are probably the two highest ranking people in the office as far as content creation goes and they essentially do the same job (ex: come up with ideas, write skits and jokes, meet new talent, etc.). Kev’s title is Head of Comedy Content and Patrick is a Director.

I know a lot of people probably think Doboy is corny, but from my understanding he’s actually one of their best writers. I think his title is Writer and Producer.
I actually like Doboy. I think he’s a great sport considering how they flame him for his weight.

I felt so bad for him for this episode of Great Taste lol

In My Own League
Reactions
71,590 969 1,084
Alleybux
He's the head of comedy or comedy development, so he really is the boss over there and it's within his right to do it how he sees fit (I think he still has to pitch shows and get budget approval). I'm just wondering who is over him because they don't seem to be worried that the people are fans of the Squadd and not the brand at this point.

If they decided to leave, would people still watch the channel? I doubt it. From a business standpoint, they shouldn't have based it around such a small group.

When Pat put up the video about other comics downing members of the squadd and still wanting to work with ADD, he said it was fake Hollywood BS and he wasn't going to let them get away with it. He was taking it personal. That video low-key confirmed the behavior in the skits and everything else to be the actual culture of the company.

Also, their job postings state they are looking for someone with "no ego", "chill", and "can take a joke"...

I understand that, but it seems very unprofessional for an organization and I already know Patrick is the head of creative, but how did he get so much clout? His editing skills are trash though.

The company is going to end up with little to no people because of their clique behavior. I've been watching a lot of ADD videos this past month or so and I can see how a lot of people people left.

Team Owner
Reactions
50,521 2,236 275
Alleybux
maybe the people in the comments said teddy cuz he's the fan favorite. people always in comments asking where he is or saying they only watched cuz he was in the thumbnail.

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reactions
16,645 129 63
Alleybux
I understand that, but it seems very unprofessional for an organization and I already know Patrick is the head of creative, but how did he get so much clout? His editing skills are trash though.

The company is going to end up with little to no people because of their clique behavior. I've been watching a lot of ADD videos this past month or so and I can see how a lot of people people left.

Pat started as a personal assistant and worked his way up.

Spoken Reasons did a YT Live and said that Russell Simmons created ADD the Youtube Network but nobody really knew how things should go.

Cliffs from the chat:

Russ was always very informal using the N-word

He didn't want to sign to a network because he was making a lot of money on his own and didn't see the point in cutting profit

After he turned down Russ, Youtube cut off his AdSense and his manager and Russ promised to make it right... if he signed to ADD

Spoken was only paid $500 - $1000 per vid and he wasn't paid on time.

ADD paid for views.

Spoken told other creators to get their money and go, do not give them your best content, and use them for clout... creators and a lot of the company left.

He won't speak on Pat.

But he wants everyone to notice that they don't really have skits/creative programming— just commentary.

He felt people were geeked to be around Russ and came in with a plan to finesse the system.

I'm inclined to believe him because some of these tours are not ADD affiliated but are ADD promoted and have flyers drawn up on company time by people who work there so...

I think it's a short-sighted money grab by higher-ups, and I think most of the squadd is keeping their eye on the prize— clout. Pat wants to do real tv and other projects so I have no doubt that he will dip at the first solid opportunity.

The Culture

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Israel Twitter Account Not Giving A Damn About the Violence Towards Palestine
To all those saying “this is disgusting “ our country has done worse in Syria and Libya and there was no outrage, let Israel do whatever they need...
YouTube's Beef Sector: The Poor Reports
And this person claims to be unclockable! Can I use TheeOs "hahaha" here? hahaha
When Hoteptressing goes wrong...
I honestly don’t believe that theory about Zoca’s baby. Not enough proof
Nigeria 9ja gist live 2021 (Brand New Tea Thread)
Not Dunnie O having a baby for plantain boy... whew! ETA pic I remember finding out her baby daddy was teemaya and was just so confused. So...
AAVE is not ghetto, bad english, improper english or english of the uneducated.
I'm convinced y'all just commented off the title alone and didn't bother watching the video cause some of what y'all are saying has nothing to do...
Black Twitter Tea & Discussion Thread
That man is absolutely gay Babyyyyyy.... this is the thing I don't understand. She's such a bad bitch why would she settle for a man who's...
My Jazzy Life
Idk if someone had made mention of it before but Jazz deleted videos older than two years ago. I mean it doesn’t matter because you are a trash...
The Pedro Pascal Appreciation, Tea and Thirst Thread
People who have seen TUWOMT are hinting there will be an "interesting" scene :scream: We are surviving on crumbs with this movie, pls
British music industry being uncomfortable with monoracial black women?
Estelle is from the UK and did very well for a while. Mica Paris was another one from the 80s. Estelle made it in America, she is talented also...
Is medical coding still a lucrative career?
I’m ready for a job change as soon as possible and I’ve been considering earning a medical coding certificate as I remember it was a hot career...
Top Bottom