Quantcast

Can We Talk About Deliverance Ministry?

Winter

Muy Confuso
Reaction score
Reactions
196,810 9,354 4,310
Alleybux

Are any of ya'll familiar with Stephen Darby? He used to preach a lot about the End Times, book of Enoch and things like that. I spent just about the entire Summer listening to his sermons and a lot of things never quite sat right with me. One thing was that he would attribute a lot of things to demons. I do not doubt demons are around and active these days. I don't doubt that for one minute. I don't doubt that a true man of God could cast them out without breaking a sweat. I do doubt that there are many true men of God in the world. That said, I doubt real demons are being cast out left and right like that. I also find it very suspect that whenever anyone speaks on demons they bring up things like "marine spirits" with not one source or any other bit of information. Darby was real good for that. He said he was a "fish eater" meaning he could eat a fish, get the meat and spit out the bones. He made it a point to never give out his sources. Sometimes he said he wouldn't recommend people doing such research and that they should know the Bible. Other times he would talk about Africa and how things are over there. Another thing that bothered me is he once spoke of praying for six hours straight. Personally I took that as an insult. I took that as him saying that this is how you're really supposed to do it, get on my level. This is why you're having issues in your life. You aren't truly living for God.

This thread could really be broken down so many ways, from what does it truly mean to "live for God" to "is deliverance ministry real". The topic I'm going over right now is deliverance ministry. I always found it hard to believe in it. I mean, when you hear of demons being cast out it's either quick and to the point like Jesus doing it or with a long struggle as exorcists do it. You don't see this stuff dramatized. You may see it in movie form retelling the tale years later but you're not going to find a sitcom of people casting out demons. It's almost as if it's an unspoken rule that this is serious business and it's not to be touched.

I follow this lady on YouTube because I find that she has some fairly respectable information and she quotes directly from the Bible. I've followed Hannah for about a year and I've only had maybe two issues with her. One was her going so hard on secular music and the other I'm about to explain.

I saw her push this gentleman in an InstaStory once. I was already familiar with him due to this sermon series which I liked quite a bit. Look at his main page.

For the past month all Vlad has talked about is curses, demons and casting them out. I'm really sure the majority of this stuff isn't in the Bible. When you look at what they call "demons" it doesn't make sense.

Go back to the page for the church. The "demon of suicide"? This is a lot like Darby said in one sermon about how illness was demonic and he tried to cast out the demon of headache. He really said that once. Darby made it look like getting a demon on you was just as simple as catching a cold. You look at pδrn? Demon. Touch the wrong thing at a yard sale? Demon. Even food could be downright demonic. I was also reminded of Larson.

Check this page out. Look at all those "demons" he's casting out. Watch one of the videos. I've watched one and I had one playing as I was doing other things. When it gets time to deal with the demon what happens? It's like the person adds some bass to their voice and acts tough. I'm sorry but the Bible I read? The demons clowned the apostles and sent them running. These are the apostles, people that walked and talked with Jesus on a daily basis. If anyone knew how to cast out a demon it was them and they got sent packing. Demons are not to be messed with. I'm finding it very hard to believe that demons are just going to sit there and listen to this man as he questions them for his online program. It would be more believable if the person changed into some horrible creature and trashed the computer.

Oh and look at that, he was on that HungryGeneration page multiple times over. He's also known to be a fraud by many different people. Watch one of his videos on his page of him casting out a demon and make your own judgement.

As you watch that I ask that you remember that once upon a time he was pushing for a TV show about his kids casting out demons. In what way does that honor God? The man has an entire exorcism school that costs a fortune and so-called "graduates" but you never hear a thing about them or demons being cast out. Remember in the Bible when this stuff happened it spread like wildfire. Here? Nothing.

We already know it's cool to talk about demons these days but just how much do people know about all of this?

Saldivar's entire ministry is on casting out demons and breaking curses. These are curses? From demons? How is that even supposed to work? You hear all these people talking about how your great grandmother might have been in the demonic and so your whole bloodline is cursed. So you, a man or woman of God, are cursed right from birth. Despite you being a man or woman of God, you are now dealing with the repercussions of this curse which include horrible luck with everything you do. I'm sorry but where is that in the Bible? Whenever demons were involved people got hurt. Period. There was no "bad luck". If they want to talk about this that's fine. I'm just trying to understand where this is in the Bible. What are their sources? Ever notice how they never talk about them? Hannah pushed Saldivar as well. He did a Live with Larson a month or so ago and talked about how he looked up to him. I just said Larson is known to be a fraud. Do people know any of this? No. I seriously doubt anyone has taken the time or effort to look into any of these people.

You're probably asking I get to the point. Hannah is what she calls a "revivalist Christian". She talks about how the church has gone horribly wrong and that's common sense by now. The question is where exactly has the church gone wrong? What part of this are we talking about? We know they went all about the money but are they preaching sound doctrine? Are they leading the sheep in the right direction? Darby once talked about praying for six hours a day. Who does that? Who can seriously do that? How can you cast out any sort of demon if you ain't living right in the sight of God? What does it mean to live right in the sight of God? Do they even bother to teach that?

Look at these pages. These people seem to be going hard for God right? We can all assume that all of these people live for God differently. Who is right? Who is wrong? Can any of them cast demons out? With all of Darby's sermons I don't ever recall him casting out a demon. Do these people know what they're talking about? Or are some pastors preying on the fact that people fear demons and know literally nothing about it to take all their money? They seem devout. They seem to be doing the best they can with what they know. The real question is do they know the truth, are they horribly misled or are they just using God, Jesus and demons as a hustle to make money?

Bjxxxx

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,856 1,064 802
Alleybux
Chile there was too much to dissect. Maybe focus on one topic. Or I guess you were giving posters the opportunity to focus on one, but my eyes glazed over.

Wldflwr

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
34,650 1,708 320
Alleybux
I’ve read some parts. I’m going to read what you wrote in full. In reference to Darby Ministries. I used to watch his sermons and his wife. Their are some things that I agreed with him on, mainly us being the Israelites in the Bible. I didn’t grow up wholly in deliverance ministry, I’m Baptist. So a lot of the things that he said was new to me.

Now I know that Jesus, Paul, the prophet Elijah and Elisha to name a few cast out demons and went to war with them. I think that just putting everything on a demon kind deflects from personal responsibility in some regard. I know they’re real and their are demons and principalities over regions. The angel that had a message from Daniel had to call on Michael to help defeat the principality in that region. They’re still here today. My thing is that I would be careful in who I allow to pray, anoint or cast out.

Have you watch Derek Prince videos. He goes a lot into it.

Eternal Love

Renewing my Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
9,211 73 30
Alleybux
Hello! So I’ve recently been born again & have been casting out unclean spirits/demons after receiving a prophetic warning from the Most High God (it’s in my signature if you want to check it out!)

So in order to cast out unclean spirits you must have the Holy Spirit within you. You cannot cast anything out without God’s Holy Spirit. Many religious denominations have greatly mislead Christ followers into believing demons/unclean spirits are just an afterthought.

It is written in Mark 16:15-18 “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe. In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

The reason which people doubt deliverance ministries is because many Christians simply are not demonstrating that faith without is dead. Yielding to sin is yielding to unclean spirits. Since beginning my personal journey of deliverance, I’ve learned that the many problems within individuals is that there are many unclean spirits dwelt within them and people (even Christians) don’t even know it.

anijoissweet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,309 2,054 593
Alleybux
That was a lot you said so i didn't really read all of that. I just wanted to say that the SPIRITUAL realm is very real and the Bible mentions and references it a lot. Pastor Darby wasn't making anything up. In fact all the things he taught was nothing compared to what Africans in general in the church have seen and experienced. I'm African and i can tell you his dabbles in teachings of the spiritual realm and demons and Marine spirits etc are beginner level compared to the real truth of things. These demons are very real and yes you can catch them by looking at pδrn or lying a lot etc. Why? Because you're opening the door or portals for them to come in. They like darkness.

If you don't believe these things or doubt it, you should maybe ask the Holy Spirit to reveal more to you and cast out and bring down every negative thought. You must realize that even as a Christian you can have demons or they can suggest thoughts to you. Perhaps they're telling you this stuff isn't that deep so you don't find out the real truth. I say take your time. These things are too much for those who haven't built up their spirituality to a certain level. Stick to the basics for now and slowly grow into the meat.

diamondjubilee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
101,468 9,581 9,799
Alleybux
That was a lot you said so i didn't really read all of that. I just wanted to say that the SPIRITUAL realm is very real and the Bible mentions and references it a lot. Pastor Darby wasn't making anything up. In fact all the things he taught was nothing compared to what Africans in general in the church have seen and experienced. I'm African and i can tell you his dabbles in teachings of the spiritual realm and demons and Marine spirits etc are beginner level compared to the real truth of things. These demons are very real and yes you can catch them by looking at pδrn or lying a lot etc. Why? Because you're opening the door or portals for them to come in. They like darkness.

If you don't believe these things or doubt it, you should maybe ask the Holy Spirit to reveal more to you and cast out and bring down every negative thought. You must realize that even as a Christian you can have demons or they can suggest thoughts to you. Perhaps they're telling you this stuff isn't that deep so you don't find out the real truth. I say take your time. These things are too much for those who haven't built up their spirituality to a certain level. Stick to the basics for now and slowly grow into the meat.

diamondjubilee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
101,468 9,581 9,799
Alleybux
Chile there was too much to dissect. Maybe focus on one topic. Or I guess you were giving posters the opportunity to focus on one, but my eyes glazed over.
OP even witches, warlocks and hollywood know that demons are real and many artists and actors open themselves spiritually to be possessed by demonic spirits in order to write songs and to succeed . God's Power is real and yes in 2021 demons are real and they are having a good time vexing, terrorizing and causing havoc and chaos not only in our lives but in countries and governments. It's deep. I don't know every thing but I know this much. Just like there are positions and ranks in a corporation or company, the devil is organized the same way. There are demons with positions, some higher than others who are responsible for carrying out certain evil and wicked plans from their leader. Lucifer who is the devil. It's deep op. Piercing the Darkness, He Came To Set The Captives Free and good books and this youtube video A divine revelation of hell by Mary K. Baxter is also good. She says she went to hell and talks about what she saw. It's up to you to believe it or not. I believe it.

Icantdelete

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,857 989 335
Alleybux
Hmmmm… I honestly didn’t read all of the post because it was kind of long but I think I got the gist of it. I honestly think this is a loaded topic and a lot to unpack. I pray that my answer is at least rooted in scripture.

1. We live in a spiritual world and there are spirits (angels-good and bad) around us all the time. Paul said this in Ephesians.

2. yes, those spirits can influence us. Even Jesus was tempted by Satan in the desert. When I started to grow in my relationship with Christ (still growing lol) I started to notice what thoughts weren’t from me… if that makes sense. Fortunately, those who belong to Christ can’t be possessed but they can be oppressed.
3. Can believers cast out demons in Jesus’s name? Jesus said they could. He also said certain demons can only be cast out by prayer. I honestly have never seen an “exorcism” nor do I know anyone who has done one (except Jesus lol) so I can’t speak on that.

4. I also want to speak on people blaming everything on demons. Of course we have to take responsibility for our actions and sometimes bad stuff happens. However, occasionally bad anomalies happen and it makes one wonder “how” or “who.” Job is the perfect example of just that.

5. I think the most important thing we can do is fixate our gaze on Jesus. Believe me, there is evil lurking around everywhere but “nothing can separate us from the love of Christ.”

Icantdelete

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,857 989 335
Alleybux
Hello! So I’ve recently been born again & have been casting out unclean spirits/demons after receiving a prophetic warning from the Most High God (it’s in my signature if you want to check it out!)

So in order to cast out unclean spirits you must have the Holy Spirit within you. You cannot cast anything out without God’s Holy Spirit. Many religious denominations have greatly mislead Christ followers into believing demons/unclean spirits are just an afterthought.

It is written in Mark 16:15-18 “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe. In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

The reason which people doubt deliverance ministries is because many Christians simply are not demonstrating that faith without is dead. Yielding to sin is yielding to unclean spirits. Since beginning my personal journey of deliverance, I’ve learned that the many problems within individuals is that there are many unclean spirits dwelt within them and people (even Christians) don’t even know it.
While I do believe we are utterly helpless without the Holy Spirit, scripture does allude to non-believers being able to cast out demons in Jesus’s name!

Mark 9:38-41
New Living Translation

38 John said to Jesus, “Teacher, we saw someone using your name to cast out demons, but we told him to stop because he wasn’t in our group.”

39 “Don’t stop him!” Jesus said. “No one who performs a miracle in my name will soon be able to speak evil of me. 40 Anyone who is not against us is for us. 41 If anyone gives you even a cup of water because you belong to the Messiah, I tell you the truth, that person will surely be rewarded.

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom