Quantcast

CANDACE OWENS: I don't buy Meghan Markle's 'truths' about racist Britain

Sang_bleu

Driving a mooocedes
Reaction score
Reactions
69,957 4,389 2,345
Alleybux
CANDACE OWENS: I don't buy Meghan Markle's 'truths' about racist Britain | Daily Mail Online

What colour do you think his skin will be – lighter or darker?’

I cannot tell you how many times I was asked that question while I was pregnant with my son last year.

It came from not only my sisters, who are fully black and darker than I am, but also from my husband and from me as we day-dreamed about what our beautiful boy would look like. ‘What colour do think his eyes will be?’ we’d enquire aloud. ‘Will his hair be darker or lighter?’

If it needs spelling out, no, I am not a racist black American, nor is the man who happened to marry me a racist Englishman.

Instead, we are parents, as my sisters were future-aunts, beyond excited to imagine who our bi-racial, multicultural child would look like.

40432208-0-image-a-104_1615675741700.jpg

So hearing Meghan Markle frame the questions about her son’s skin colour – however innocently intended – as racist ‘concern’ rather than harmless imagination made my skin crawl.

If you have seen a picture of Archie and you believe that he was ever the victim of anti-black racism, then I am a stranded Nigerian prince who needs you to send him your bank account details straight away.

At one point during the interview, Meghan, in comparing her experience to Kate Middleton’s, stated quite correctly that ‘being racist and being rude are not the same’.

The British press has been rude to Meghan Markle, of that there is no doubt, but they have not been racist.

Meghan’s race, which is not to my eyes even immediately discernible, was never at the centre of any piece criticising her.

That race would become a tool to deflect criticism of Harry and Meghan was, in my view, inevitable. In fact, I predicted just as much in these pages BEFORE the interview.

I also predicted that Meghan would explicitly present herself as a black woman just finding her voice.

Admittedly, never in a million in years could I have foreseen her likening herself to Disney’s Little Mermaid, who lost her voice after falling in love with a prince.

I was also correct in my forewarning that American viewers would end up distracted from some rather unusual aspects of the relationship – in particular, Harry’s sudden isolation from his friends, family and countrymen.

Remove Harry and Meghan from the equation and insert any individual into this plot.

Imagine if any person close to you confided that, after meeting his wife, he stopped speaking to most of his family and friends, including his father and brother, and that he now recognised his entire country was fundamentally racist. Would you at all be concerned?

But in announcing to Oprah Winfrey and the world that a member of the Royal Family was racist, the effect has been to further isolate Harry from his previous life.

Family is sacred. Rifts, which we all have, should never be exposed for public consumption. By way of comparison, it is worth noting that Meghan is half black. I am fully black – like both of my parents.

How is it, then, that I have not experienced the racism that Meghan so effortlessly speaks of during my many trips to the United Kingdom?

How is it that despite the British press having spent years covering my political commentary, and with at times deeply critical and mean-spirited attacks against my character, I have never interpreted such criticism as evidence of Britain’s inherent racism?

Maybe it’s because, through the school of hard knocks, I’ve come to accept that not every person is going to like me. I’m also perceptive enough to conclude that branding every person who dislikes me a racist might be the quickest way to ensure that I really am disliked.

Meghan does not seem to have worked through this equation just yet. Nor does she seem to have worked through the more obvious fact that the United Kingdom is not America. The near-obsession that the American media has with race and slavery is lost in translation over the pond.

Of most important note – the United Kingdom was among the first countries to abolish the trade across its many colonies.

Attempts to export America’s racial issues overseas have been flatly and rightfully resisted by the British people. Meghan is guilty of many things throughout her sit-down with Oprah Winfrey, but chief among them is intellectual laziness. Perhaps she does not wish to consider the many reasons why the British people do not hold her in high favour. Is that why she diagnoses them all as racist?

She is correct that American and British cultures show marked differences. When I met my husband’s parents – a Lord and a Lady – I was terrified. I didn’t know what the titles meant and feared I’d never quite fit in.

My apprehensions proved deeply unfounded.

Like Meghan, I fell in love with an Englishman, but unlike Meghan, I also fell in love with a country, its people, and its traditions. England is a wonderfully diverse nation with traditions that make it unique to any other place in the world.

I pity anyone who views Los Angeles, a purgatory of empty souls on a perpetual quest for fame, as some sort of reprieve from the United Kingdom.

I’m taking a shot in the dark here, but maybe what the United Kingdom dislikes about Meghan is her character.

Maybe it’s the inconsistency of a woman who once posed for tourist snaps outside Buckingham Palace but now claims to have had no idea who Prince Harry was when she fell in love with him.

Maybe it’s the disrespect shown to a family who, despite their flaws, have served their country in various ways and throughout the course of many decades.

Maybe it’s the cheap Hollywood spin of an innocent little mermaid who fell in love with a handsome prince – but wanted even more.

It’s certainly worked, obscuring an attempt by Oprah – the only winner in this train wreck – to help her friends be better received across the Atlantic than they were in the UK. And, of course, in America, race sells.

It’s just that I’m not buying it.

Last edited by a moderator:

LULLABILL

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,113 1,906 2,574
Alleybux
Black women come harder on Candace than Meghan.

If Candace had married a Nazi paraphernalia wearing Prince she would have had black women support en masse

Slightly agree with her in this instance.

Meghan knew what she was entering, all this race talk is just dumb.

Matheo455

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
187,238 6,125 3,803
Alleybux
Candace does have a point about Meghan being duplicitous however it is lost in the constant pandering of "I didn't experience racism so you couldn't have. Or the UK doesn't have racism issues because they did ____". It's just obnoxious and takes away from the fact of duality being a part of life

Kenzainfluenza

Zouiten
Reaction score
Reactions
9,584 456 352
Alleybux

If Candace had married a Nazi paraphernalia wearing Prince she would have had black women support en masse

ur right...instead Candace is a nazi HERSELF so that makes it all better.

HEY NOW....she knew what she was entering, all this hateful nazi talk is gonna lead to some criticism.

Som1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,944 1,787 1,405
Alleybux

I cannot tell you how many times I was asked that question while I was pregnant with my son last year.

It came from not only my sisters, who are fully black and darker than I am, but also from my husband and from me as we day-dreamed about what our beautiful boy would look like. ‘What colour do think his eyes will be?’ we’d enquire aloud. ‘Will his hair be darker or lighter?’

If it needs spelling out, no, I am not a racist black American, nor is the man who happened to marry me a racist Englishman.

Instead, we are parents, as my sisters were future-aunts, beyond excited to imagine who our bi-racial, multicultural child would look like.

So hearing Meghan Markle frame the questions about her son’s skin colour – however innocently intended – as racist ‘concern’ rather than harmless imagination made my skin crawl.

If you have seen a picture of Archie and you believe that he was ever the victim of anti-black racism, then I am a stranded Nigerian prince who needs you to send him your bank account details straight away.

At one point during the interview, Meghan, in comparing her experience to Kate Middleton’s, stated quite correctly that ‘being racist and being rude are not the same’.

The British press has been rude to Meghan Markle, of that there is no doubt, but they have not been racist.

Meghan’s race, which is not to my eyes even immediately discernible, was never at the centre of any piece criticising her.

That race would become a tool to deflect criticism of Harry and Meghan was, in my view, inevitable. In fact, I predicted just as much in these pages BEFORE the interview.

I also predicted that Meghan would explicitly present herself as a black woman just finding her voice.

Admittedly, never in a million in years could I have foreseen her likening herself to Disney’s Little Mermaid, who lost her voice after falling in love with a prince.

I was also correct in my forewarning that American viewers would end up distracted from some rather unusual aspects of the relationship – in particular, Harry’s sudden isolation from his friends, family and countrymen.

Remove Harry and Meghan from the equation and insert any individual into this plot.

Imagine if any person close to you confided that, after meeting his wife, he stopped speaking to most of his family and friends, including his father and brother, and that he now recognised his entire country was fundamentally racist. Would you at all be concerned?

But in announcing to Oprah Winfrey and the world that a member of the Royal Family was racist, the effect has been to further isolate Harry from his previous life.

Family is sacred. Rifts, which we all have, should never be exposed for public consumption. By way of comparison, it is worth noting that Meghan is half black. I am fully black – like both of my parents.

How is it, then, that I have not experienced the racism that Meghan so effortlessly speaks of during my many trips to the United Kingdom?

How is it that despite the British press having spent years covering my political commentary, and with at times deeply critical and mean-spirited attacks against my character, I have never interpreted such criticism as evidence of Britain’s inherent racism?

Maybe it’s because, through the school of hard knocks, I’ve come to accept that not every person is going to like me. I’m also perceptive enough to conclude that branding every person who dislikes me a racist might be the quickest way to ensure that I really am disliked.

Meghan does not seem to have worked through this equation just yet. Nor does she seem to have worked through the more obvious fact that the United Kingdom is not America. The near-obsession that the American media has with race and slavery is lost in translation over the pond.

Of most important note – the United Kingdom was among the first countries to abolish the trade across its many colonies.

Attempts to export America’s racial issues overseas have been flatly and rightfully resisted by the British people. Meghan is guilty of many things throughout her sit-down with Oprah Winfrey, but chief among them is intellectual laziness. Perhaps she does not wish to consider the many reasons why the British people do not hold her in high favour. Is that why she diagnoses them all as racist?

She is correct that American and British cultures show marked differences. When I met my husband’s parents – a Lord and a Lady – I was terrified. I didn’t know what the titles meant and feared I’d never quite fit in.

Like Meghan, I fell in love with an Englishman, but unlike Meghan, I also fell in love with a country, its people, and its traditions. England is a wonderfully diverse nation with traditions that make it unique to any other place in the world.

I pity anyone who views Los Angeles, a purgatory of empty souls on a perpetual quest for fame, as some sort of reprieve from the United Kingdom.

I’m taking a shot in the dark here, but maybe what the United Kingdom dislikes about Meghan is her character.

Maybe it’s the inconsistency of a woman who once posed for tourist snaps outside Buckingham Palace but now claims to have had no idea who Prince Harry was when she fell in love with him.

Maybe it’s the disrespect shown to a family who, despite their flaws, have served their country in various ways and throughout the course of many decades.

Maybe it’s the cheap Hollywood spin of an innocent little mermaid who fell in love with a handsome prince – but wanted even more.

It’s certainly worked, obscuring an attempt by Oprah – the only winner in this train wreck – to help her friends be better received across the Atlantic than they were in the UK. And, of course, in America, race sells.

What does her experience have to do with yours?
I don't understand black people. You barely see Jewish, Asian or others downplay a horrible experience that someone in their group have gone through, like racism. Even when they disagree, they rather shush out of respect and because how bad it would look.
But black people are always first in line do this constantly for a check.

A Username

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,733 2,081 199
Alleybux
I don't really follow Meghan but I remember some "article" from before Archie was born that was concerned that Britain would end up with a black king. I don't consider the kid black but any drop of black is too much for some white people.

PaulAtreides

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,973 4,671 2,842
Alleybux

I remember a British font saying he does have white nationalist links.

He used to be the chairman of this org:
Turning Point USA

Mrs.Smooth

Hateonit
Reaction score
Reactions
310,224 16,670 21,223
Alleybux
What I will say is that I never like hearing about when a son or daughter marries their spouse and all of a sudden they can't seem to get along with their family. It doesn't sit well with me.

B. Leigh

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,368 2,442 2,851
Alleybux
I can't believe this woman just used her new motherhood to attack another woman...can't she just have her baby in peace without being an instrument of ideology...

Also I thought all the think pieces from the other day said that the interview went poorly for H&M so why all these "unlike so many of my fellow americans..." essays?:glassescool

Victoria Baker Harber

I'm not seasonal. I'm a fµck!ng timeless classic.
Reaction score
Reactions
70,596 2,255 110
Alleybux

This is a bad-faith argument.

Candace proudly hosts people on her PragerU show that believe in 'white genocide' and one guest, in particular, talked about how wonderful Rhodesia was and also wanted to bring awareness to the plight of White South Africans.

She gave Nigel Farage (former leader of the UKIP) a platform and counts him as a personal friend/mentor (he is the one who introduced Candace to her husband after all). Farage has been ranting all week that 'no one in the history of the world has done more for people of color than the British Royal Family'.

She counts the equally sad Ben Shapiro as another friend/agrees every time he plays 'whataboutism' with black people and anti-Semitism. She also gave a platform to an African woman who immigrated or was the child of immigrants so they could talk about how 'victim obsessed' ADOS are because other black groups/ minorities can make it just fine in America so systematic racism is a myth.

Her husband constantly talks about how 'White Western civilization is under attack' and before their child was born, told some commentator how the baby had to be raised in the values of a 'true civilization'.

Candace herself doesn't even think the Nazis were all that bad. She proudly told her Turning Point UK audience that 'Hitler just wanted to make Germany great again'. According to her, his only problem was trying to be a globalist instead of just being a nationalist.

B. Leigh

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,368 2,442 2,851
Alleybux
This is a bad-faith argument.

Candace proudly hosts people on her PragerU show that believe in 'white genocide' and one guest, in particular, talked about how wonderful Rhodesia was and also wanted to bring awareness to the plight of White South Africans.

She gave Nigel Farage (former leader of the UKIP) a platform and counts him as a personal friend/mentor (he is the one who introduced Candace to her husband after all). Farage has been ranting all week that 'no one in the history of the world has done more people of color than the British Royal Family'.

She counts the equally sad Ben Shapiro as another friend/agrees every time he plays 'whataboutism' with black people and anti-Semitism. She also gave a platform to an African woman who immigrated or was the child of immigrants so they could talk about how 'victim obsessed' ADOS are because other black groups/ minorities can make it just fine in America so systematic racism is a myth.

Her husband constantly talks about how 'White Western civilization is under attack' and before their child was born, told some commentator how the baby had to be raised in the values of a 'true civilization'.

Candace herself doesn't even think the Nazis were all that bad. She proudly told her Turning Point UK audience that 'Hitler just wanted to make Germany great again'. According to her, his only problem was trying to be a globalist instead of just being a nationalist.
damn...she is nuttier than I thought...

madra

I'm in this b!tch, I'm getting money
Reaction score
Reactions
597 30 16
Alleybux
Reading this from a nonbiased standpoint, she does have a slight point. Isolating Harry from his friends, family, and his country isn't a very good look and Meghan is being seemingly duplicitous. But nobody ever asks for Caca's thinkpieces and she better worry about her own anyway.

Edit: Yeah, yeah. Your groans mean nothing to me i've seen what makes you cheer. Every breath I take without your permission raises my self esteem.:b72

Last edited:

Rickysrose

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,852 7 7
Alleybux
The "curiosity" about Archie's skintone was loaded and Meghan felt the weight

... It implied that if Archie had darker skin that would somehow be scandalous to the Royal Family, like something that needed managed/mitigated ... And of course that blackness would fall squarely on Meghan's shoulders as though she has any impact on the outcome

It's ridiculous and insulting and Candace knows this keenly even though she's pretending not to for her for "viewers"

What's disgusting is she's giving racists room to open back their mouths about Meghan just when they finally shut it for a minute

T H I E F S

A Person
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
124,410 8,683 13,079
Alleybux
This article is so dumb on so many levels I don't have the energy to dissect it now. But what I find most egregious is the fundamental argument: That any questions about Archie's skin color were innocently intended, and Meghan deliberately misconstrued them to make them malicious.

I mean, the fact that she even accept the possibility that the questions were asked at all is a twist--most British commentators insist that the story is fabricated from whole cloth. But why does she talk like she knows *for a fact* that they were of innocent intent? Did she talk to the people in question and ascertain their intentions?

And the idea that people in the British Royal Family would be asking questions about skin color as part of an interracial fantasy about the cuteness of mixed babies in naive to the point of duplicity. You really think they would have asked that because they thought mixed babies are cool? This is a family where members married their fcking cousins to keep the bloodline untainted by commoners... Is the idea that they'd not be thrilled with that bloodline being seasoned with the genes of the African colonies so far-fetched?

(Like, I don't know whether or not I believe these questions were asked--to be honest, I don't much care. But it is so weird to me that some people feel it is so improbable that this is something that would concern the Royal Family)

And this idea that Britain can't be racist because they abolished slavery? Yeah, but they continued colonialism for like 100 years after that. And you know the brutality they wrought in places like Kenya and India? GTFOH

This b!tch ain't even British and doesn't live in Britain. It's an insult to the experience of everyday Black Brits that she would deign to speak for them from her perch in the castle she lives in when she visits there once in a while.

rhia

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
9,623 134 16
Alleybux
Reading this from a nonbiased standpoint, she does have a slight point. Isolating Harry from his friends, family, and his country isn't a very good look and Meghan is being seemingly duplicitous. But nobody ever asks for Caca's thinkpieces and she better worry about her own anyway.

I guess In your eyes Harry is incapable of making his own decisions.

TalkOfNuYork

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
694,015 35,105 4,760
Alleybux
She needs to be banned from Twitter. I am SICK of her and her nonsense.

Candace Owens is not a conservative, she's just a self-hater who attacks anything black to appease racists. This is the same woman who said she never experienced racism and bashed the NAACP, yet they helped her win a "racial discrimination" lawsuit against her high school in 2008.

madra

I'm in this b!tch, I'm getting money
Reaction score
Reactions
597 30 16
Alleybux
I guess In your eyes Harry is incapable of making his own decisions.
If Harry was making his own levelheaded decisions then it wouldn't take a biracial woman for him to acknowledge racism in his own family/country. But whatever. Yall worship the ground Meg walks, right? Let's completely demonize the UK media as its all just hateful, racist nonsense and none of it could ever even remotely be true. Cool.

dolly1971

Fair and Balanced
Reaction score
Reactions
57,257 2,848 3,439
Alleybux
She is desperate and pandering and she has no business speaking on what a biracial women experiences and I want to disagree with her but she made some valid points which I'm rue to admit. For the record, I'm biracial too so don't attack me lol.
I have always sort of liked Candace but she seems to have gotten even crazier since her pregnancy .
But Meghan said there were " concerns" about how dark her baby would be within the royal family. These were not general questions of how the baby would look like. Candace's argument is quite different.

StoneCold

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,171 2,142 2,689
Alleybux
The truth doesn’t play well here or among black Americans in general.

DutchMeisje

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,037 597 182
Alleybux
Did we really expect anything different from Candace?! This female is a cheerleader and supporter of Trump. She made excuses for the Capitol insurrectionists but wanted BLM supporters tear gassed and shot. According to her, black people who fight for equal rights are the biggest threat to national security and not white supremacy?! Tell me, when did BLM supporters storm federal buildings and kill police officers?! I never heard BLM supporters plotting to kidnap and kill governors and politicians!

So spare me her thoughts about Meghan. I already knew she would stand with Piers and the Royals.

Being a black person who sells out their own people is a lucrative business in the US.

Last edited: