Quantcast

Cast for BET comedy series 'Bigger'

UnderstatedBri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
255,888 4,016 3,156
Alleybux

I’m almost done w/season 2 & this show really needs to be on BET Forreal to get those ratings. I don’t think fans would be disappointed. Sistas & Oval go off the rails too much for me to where I have a seri
I hate how everything goes to BET+ first before they put in on BET, when the content on BET itself is lacking.
They did air the first a few months ago on BET.

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,810 9,060 1,348
Alleybux
I hate how everything goes to BET+ first before they put in on BET, when the content on BET itself is lacking.

Interesting I didn’t know that

yeah I literally just signed up for a free trial simply for watch season 2 bc I couldn’t find any streams anywhere

AutumnShadow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,815 794 154
Alleybux
This show is incredible

This is what I envisioned Insecure & the Boomerang reboot series were supposed to be but some of the cast & writing wasn’t consistent & some things were either a hit or a complete miss

I streamed the 1st episode a long time ago & got busy (still extremely busy) but since it’s the holiday weekend I figured I’d squeeze in some time before getting back to the million things I have to do

I have to say I LOVE the cast, I LOVE the writing, I LOVE the reality & relatability of what millennials go through life after college w/their family expectations vs reality, relationship expectations CS reality, career expectations vs reality & the ups/downs of friendship & what life throws @ you in-between

I’m almost done w/season 2 & this show really needs to be on BET Forreal to get those ratings. I don’t think fans would be disappointed. Sistas & Oval go off the rails too much for me to where I have a seri
I just finished binge watching it & I absolutely love it. My friends kept telling me to watch it. I'm glad I finally did because I relate to so much of it
I like that it comes on BET+. I don't have cable, so my $10 every month is worth everything I watch on it

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,810 9,060 1,348
Alleybux
I just finished binge watching it & I absolutely love it. My friends kept telling me to watch it. I'm glad I finally did because I relate to so much of it

I like that it comes on BET+. I don't have cable, so my $10 every month is worth everything I watch on it

There’s so many things I identified w/the show like I felt like I was reliving some things I went through in college & post college life/work/relationship balance

I mean how many of us have a Deon type of dude w/the connection, chemistry & experience whether or not it materialized that’s on a different level than any relationship or male friendship you have

How many of us do all the right things our parents teach us & still end up in a job we hate & switch careers sometimes multiple times?

How many of us have way more responsibilities than what we realistically can handle?

How many of us have good paying jobs but still have some sort of debt or your own debt is on a longer schedule to pay off bc your family needs financial help?

How many of us have some crazy friendships that you can’t tell all your business to even your BFF sometimes for fear of judgment or knowing exactly how they will react

There’s honestly so many layers to peal back

Diane Nash

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,183 1,012 111
Alleybux
This show is incredible

This is what I envisioned Insecure & the Boomerang reboot series were supposed to be but some of the cast & writing wasn’t consistent & some things were either a hit or a complete miss

I streamed the 1st episode a long time ago & got busy (still extremely busy) but since it’s the holiday weekend I figured I’d squeeze in some time before getting back to the million things I have to do

I have to say I LOVE the cast, I LOVE the writing, I LOVE the reality & relatability of what millennials go through life after college w/their family expectations vs reality, relationship expectations CS reality, career expectations vs reality & the ups/downs of friendship & what life throws @ you in-between

My God YES to Everything single word of your post!!!! Bigger is TERRIFIC. The realest show about the Black millennial experience. I get sad after watching each season because I have reached the end.

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,810 9,060 1,348
Alleybux
My God YES to Everything single word of your post!!!! Bigger is TERRIFIC. The realest show about the Black millennial experience. I get sad after watching each season because I have reached the end.

Im sad bc I actually just finished season 2 & this cliffhanger has me shook bc the episode shifted & I thought a different outcome was happening

I want a season 3 so bad

this is such an accurate account of what black millennials are going through

AutumnShadow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,815 794 154
Alleybux
Im sad bc I actually just finished season 2 & this cliffhanger has me shook bc the episode shifted & I thought a different outcome was happening

I want a season 3 so bad

I was NOT ready for that plot twist. This show makes me feel the same way Being Mary Jane did when it first came out. I saw so much of myself in the show, sheesh

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,810 9,060 1,348
Alleybux
I was NOT ready for that plot twist. This show makes me feel the same way Being Mary Jane did when it first came out. I saw so much of myself in the show, sheesh

I went on twitter after I finished the episodes & I was pleasantly surprised to see the star Tanisha interacting w/the fans on the storylines, dragging her own character & what she’s rooting for. She was just like us in the commentary which was hilarious to me

These cliffhanger season finales just really has you in a talespin & then you’re in withdrawals bc you want more & 10 episodes aren’t enough but @ the same time this show does a much better job than Grownish, DWP, Insecure & even Run the World of having a clear direction of the main storylines each season & not letting too many storylines drag on longer than they need to

I never saw BMJ but after binging the 1st two seasons this weekend of Bigger, I feel like parts of my life from college & now was replaying right before my eyes

I was even thinking about my own “Deon” like I was really feeling a certain way

I’m surprised though that nobody has put together any fan videos on YouTubes of the couples like they do on grownish & all american? I don’t even see as many fan pages on IG & Twitter but it could bc due to the difference in viewership

AutumnShadow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,815 794 154
Alleybux
damn yall are making me really contemplate paying for BET+ instead of waiting until it drops on the main network.
Do the 7 day trial to figure out if it's worth paying for you. It was definitely worth it for me. Between me & my sister, we wear my BET+ & AllBlk (formerly UMC) subscriptions out. There's even a couple more I'm thinking about getting

MmmBop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,987 758 162
Alleybux

I want a season 3 so bad

I loved the cliffhanger so much that I re-watched the last 2 episodes over and over lol. It had me all in my feels. Plus I have developed a crush on Chase Anthony (Deon).

The only thing I don't really care for is Tracey's storyline. I think it's the least relatable (a reality star), but she is my fave next to Deon.

AutumnShadow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,815 794 154
Alleybux
I loved the cliffhanger so much that I re-watched the last 2 episodes over and over lol. It had me all in my feels. Plus I have developed a crush on Chase Anthony (Deon).

The only thing I don't really care for is Tracey's storyline. I think it's the least relatable (a reality star), but she is my fave next to Deon.
I'm feeling Deon too. He's so cute in an around the way guy kinda way. Tracey's storyline was somewhat relatable to me because I have friends who post their entire existence on social media. It's crazy how we're big & grown & they are still looking to be validated by others' perception of them

MmmBop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,987 758 162
Alleybux
I'm feeling Deon too. He's so cute in an around the way guy kinda way. Tracey's storyline was somewhat relatable to me because I have friends who post their entire existence on social media. It's crazy how we're big & grown & they are still looking to be validated by others' perception of them

Yes he is. I've been listening to/watching a lot of his solo interviews and he seems cool. I didn't think of Tracey's storyline (friends who want to be all on social media) in that way so that was a good point. I guess because that's not how I am I couldn't relate to her, but she keeps me laughing & I think she is a good friend.

UnderstatedBri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
255,888 4,016 3,156
Alleybux
Aaaww! You could watch it on Hulu with a live tv subscription, but it's high like $60+ high.
Can't get Hulu in canada either without jumping through a whole bunch of hoops. UGHHH

ETA: I finally got my VPN to work but I need a US credit card and addresss... BET won't let me be great

Last edited:

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,810 9,060 1,348
Alleybux

yeah season 1 episode 7 & 8 & season 2 episodes 9-10 stay rent-free for me to rewatch all of the Layne/Deon scenes

I just love Deon’s mom calling out Layne then staring @ her staring @ her son LMAO

I’ve had a similar Deon situation where he is also in a frat but you have a special connection w/you don’t w/anyone else even as the years go by & you get involved w/other ppl so I GET why Layne is caught up

I wish like they do on grownish & all american put on YouTube or somewhere all of the Layne/Deon scenes so I don’t have to FF through everyone. Maybe now that it’s on the other streaming apps someone will take the time to do it

Chase look wise isn’t my type but it’s his realness, personality & swag that has me grown attracted to him. Then when I saw Chase’s voice change when his dynamic w/Layne changed & then his love scenes that hit another level & I was like ooohhhhhh…it’s all coming together now :disdain

like later today I’m about to sit through his recent interview that’s like an hour long. In a weird way he seems a lot like his character including being cheap LMAO

It’s the same way I feel about Daniel Ezra on All American. I didn’t find myself attracted to him but his swag & personality then started having me feel a certain way

yeah the backstory of Tracey from her jumping to a reality star didn’t exactly make sense. It seems from reality TV especially a show like BBW they tend to cast ppl who were somewhat known or known adjacent

Now I do have a classmate who made it on two Broadway shows but you still would have to look him up.

I definitely could see a situation like after college she was a cheerleader for the NBA or NFL & that’s how she ended up w/a baller but traditionally BBW was usually women who had been w/someone for several years in the NBA where it seems like Tracey’s relationship w/the nba player both seemed very shortlived

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,810 9,060 1,348
Alleybux

The SM obsession is spot on regarding some of my friends but the reality star component not so much. Maybe if it was a different reality show or something they were trying to depict

MmmBop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,987 758 162
Alleybux
yeah season 1 episode 7 & 8 & season 2 episodes 9-10 stay rent-free for me to rewatch all of the Layne/Deon scenes

I just love Deon’s mom calling out Layne then staring @ her staring @ her son LMAO

I’ve had a similar Deon situation where he is also in a frat but you have a special connection w/you don’t w/anyone else even as the years go by & you get involved w/other ppl so I GET why Layne is caught up

I wish like they do on grownish & all american put on YouTube or somewhere all of the Layne/Deon scenes so I don’t have to FF through everyone. Maybe now that it’s on the other streaming apps someone will take the time to do it

Chase look wise isn’t my type but it’s his realness, personality & swag that has me grown attracted to him. Then when I saw Chase’s voice change when his dynamic w/Layne changed & then his love scenes that hit another level & I was like ooohhhhhh…it’s all coming together now :disdain

like later today I’m about to sit through his recent interview that’s like an hour long. In a weird way he seems a lot like his character including being cheap LMAO

It’s the same way I feel about Daniel Ezra on All American. I didn’t find myself attracted to him but his swag & personality then started having me feel a certain way

yeah the backstory of Tracey from her jumping to a reality star didn’t exactly make sense. It seems from reality TV especially a show like BBW they tend to cast ppl who were somewhat known or known adjacent

Now I do have a classmate who made it on two Broadway shows but you still would have to look him up.

I definitely could see a situation like after college she was a cheerleader for the NBA or NFL & that’s how she ended up w/a baller but traditionally BBW was usually women who had been w/someone for several years in the NBA where it seems like Tracey’s relationship w/the nba player both seemed very shortlived

My favorite part with Connie & Layne was when she referred to Deon as her brother and Connie let Layne know only one of them came out of her cooch :LOL::LOL:. Then of course no f$&cking in her house when it was time for bed lol.

I believe Chase can relate to Deon reason why he plays him so well. On the Seriesly podcast featuring Chase, he mentioned his last girlfriend was actually someone who was a friend before they crossed the line (just like Layne & Deon). They're no longer together, but still friends. I wonder how that works? I am waiting for Seriesly to drop their new episode with him as a guest.

Now, I like the cheerleader storyline for Tracey. It seems more realistic. I wonder if season 3 she is going to completely drop BBW and focus on her cooking and lifestyle brand.

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,810 9,060 1,348
Alleybux
My favorite part with Connie & Layne was when she referred to Deon as her brother and Connie let Layne know only one of them came out of her cooch :LOL::LOL:. Then of course no f$&cking in her house when it was time for bed lol.

I believe Chase can relate to Deon reason why he plays him so well. On the Seriesly podcast featuring Chase, he mentioned his last girlfriend was actually someone who was a friend before they crossed the line (just like Layne & Deon). They're no longer together, but still friends. I wonder how that works? I am waiting for Seriesly to drop their new episode with him as a guest.

Now, I like the cheerleader storyline for Tracey. It seems more realistic. I wonder if season 3 she is going to completely drop BBW and focus on her cooking and lifestyle brand.

ooh I can’t wait to listen to the podcast I think I got 15min in but then I was looking for Layne/Deon clips after that & couldn’t find anythjng

Chase did mention he briefly had some corporate job so he was on in terms of the code-switching & what he really wants to say to his Yt coworkers. & that’s relatable when a friend or relative gets a promotion you’re the best qualified for but get looked over

I don’t know how that works still being friends after crossing the line. My 1st boyfriend was a longtime friend. I know nothing about that. I sadly lost all my male friends. Like two other ppl were mad that were lifelong friends one for just revealing their feelings & me not reciprocating & the other trying to kiss me although his twin brother still talks to me all the time :disdain

I guess there’s technically one ex I’m cool w/& we have a lot in common & our parents are very similar down to careers & everything, but maybe it’s bc not much really happened & we were only together for a few months so it’s not really awkward but I still don’t talk to him often bc I don’t want the wrong idea that we would ever get back together

Connie was on one Episode 7 it’s to the point I start the episode when they meet her & even the awkward goodbye LMAO also her saying that nobody rides 8 hours w/someone they’re “just a friend” i was cracking up bc she was right

the only ppl I’ve been in long road trips w/is family

I don’t know why Deon lied in the car though that he didn’t remember freshman year then admitted he did remember when they were laying down

Also Tanisha said on Twitter that bedroom scene @ Deon’s mom’s house was the final audition scene her & Chase did for the role

MmmBop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,987 758 162
Alleybux
ooh I can’t wait to listen to the podcast I think I got 15min in but then I was looking for Layne/Deon clips after that & couldn’t find anything.

I don’t know why Deon lied in the car though that he didn’t remember freshman year then admitted he did remember when they were laying down

Also Tanisha said on Twitter that bedroom scene @ Deon’s mom’s house was the final audition scene her & Chase did for the role

It was a good listen (his podcast feature) and I love when host ask the right questions to get the guest to reveal more about themselves. This time around Seriesly gave us the opportunity to submit questions to ask Chase so this will be another good podcast episode.

You know some guys have a lot of pride and maybe in that moment he didn't want to say how he really felt, but look how they turned out in the end :love:.

I've been so focused on Chase lol I need to watch and listen to everyone else's interview to get more behind the scene scoop. I don't have Twitter so I will stick to Seriesly podcast and whatever I can find on Youtube.

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,810 9,060 1,348
Alleybux
It was a good listen (his podcast feature) and I love when host ask the right questions to get the guest to reveal more about themselves. This time around Seriesly gave us the opportunity to submit questions to ask Chase so this will be another good podcast episode.

You know some guys have a lot of pride and maybe in that moment he didn't want to say how he really felt, but look how they turned out in the end :love:.

I've been so focused on Chase lol I need to watch and listen to everyone else's interview to get more behind the scene scoop. I don't have Twitter so I will stick to Seriesly podcast and whatever I can find on Youtube.

You might be right about the pride thing. I didn’t think of it that way.

I mean I knew frat guys who had girlfriends who still indulged w/other women if their GF weren’t in town or weren’t @ their parties & I can also see of course when you 1st cross how everyone suddenly is all over you. & it could be like you said he knew the kind of woman Layne was & knew what kind of women @ that time he wanted to mess w/bc he wanted to live out his college experience but then still stayed her friend over the years & traded stories over their crazy love lives

On twitter I notice mainly Tanisha & the actor who plays Vince does the most interaction on Twitter out of the cast & the Executive Producer likes a lot of fan tweets.

It looks like w/this airing on Hulu the last week or whenever has garnered a new fanbase. I just happened to take a breather this past weekend like some other fans did I’m sure & binge watched everything

press wise I was trying to find more interviews w/Chase & Tanisha but I only found these for the 1st season.

do you know if there are more recent podcasts Chase did besides the Seriously one? (That’s the one I want to finish listening to this evening)

MmmBop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,987 758 162
Alleybux
press wise I was trying to find more interviews w/Chase & Tanisha but I only found these for the 1st season.

do you know if there are more recent podcasts Chase did besides the Seriously one? (That’s the one I want to finish listening to this evening)

Some aren't related to the show, but here are a few that I watched featuring Chase:

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,810 9,060 1,348
Alleybux
Deon is so cute. His body is nice. I love his mom on the show.

he’s not my type @ all but his personality & swag really won me over

the way Layne was licking her lips watching him & she licks her lips when she’s about to kiss him or he’s making her feel a certain kind of way

Deon has licked his lips a few times towards her too

It’s cute

MmmBop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,987 758 162
Alleybux
For free sis lol

giphy.webp