Quantcast

Celebrities Are Becoming Passe...

Made to Love

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Reactions
58,237 252 179
Alleybux
I remember back in the days(90's) i used to always buy VHS tapes and record videos,interviews,tv shows of any of my favorite celebs. I had stacks of tapes of TLC,old moesha episodes,award shows from the 90's, just everything. I still have them in my storage. I even recorded all the MJ(Bulls) championship games.

but NOW, i can't tell you the last time i even recorded a music video,interview,award show,etc. No interest. I remember being so hyped to see the TLC "No Scrubs" video. lol Man, those were the days. All i did was record sh*t. I actually went outside alot more too, used to fly kites,BBQ,swim,bike ride,everything. But i was young then so. Now, everything is just kinda blah.

I agree with you so much! My sister had so many of those damn tapes everywhere. Before we got rid of our VCR like 2 years ago, we would watch them like if the cable went out or something. So crazy how much excitement there was back then about entertainment. The internet is a great thing, but it has helped to sorta spoil that excitement.

giv3m3th3sugar

groaning..to stalking?
Reaction score
Reactions
13,582 6 11
Alleybux
why do people keep mentioning justin beiber as if hes the poster boy, Atleast the boy can sing.

Lets talk about these other stars who have no talent what so ever that gets a pass.

Truthangel

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
5,362 3 9
Alleybux
I remember as a kid buying Word Up!, The Source, Vibe, etc. to read up on my favorite artists. Once I grew up and had my own life to worry about I lost interest. But now I see those same celebs telling their business from a to z on twitter. I think that's a great thing, especially for the young fans of today. I feel like celebs should embrace a more down to earth relationship with fans.

:clap:Me too, girl. Oh, my God...you stirred up memories. I once posted about 100 posters on my bedroom wall when I was in high school. That was a trip.

Learn from the old stars--most of whom are gone or dying out now: MYSTIQUE sells more than tabloids. Ask the late Gretta Garbot and late Jackie Kennedy-Onassis. Both of those women refused to give interviews but were more photographed and hounded by paparazzi than Madonna, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber combined.

Truthangel

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
5,362 3 9
Alleybux
Don't forget these dumbs reality shows basically someone holding a camera and fliming you or people will make you a star **smh**

But most of the time the people sitting and complaining about it are supporting these people, think about it now, no shade. The lackluster non-talent having indiviuals, that is. MJ has to be rolling in his grave because we don't applaud, admire, and like celebrities for their talent anymore.

We only pick and choose our favorite celebs based on who we can take home and play playstation with, relate you mentally or physically or jusy choose based on who we like or dislike and nine times out of ten most of the reasons HAVE NOTHING to do with their profession. I blame the industry but I also blame US the so called conscious consumers of the world, we make them famous we bash or ignore the celebs with actually talent that's basically what we've morphed into as a American culture it's gross, but no one feels bad about it either.

The Black musicians of yesteryear came from a legacy of "paying dues". Many of them came up performing in live clubs before getting in the studio. They learned all the ropes about performing before touring. Older Black entertainers always helped the next generation excel to the next level--it was our culture. But during the late nineties; something happened in music. Many record companies started eliminating their Black music divisions and the mediocre talent that you see today is a result of lack of artistic development.

Ask Rihanna, Ciara, Kelly Rowland(an exception...but), none of them know how to keep an audience interested. Rihanna has had to cancel numerous tour dates due to poor ticket sales. Now when folks don't want to hear you live--that is the ultimate insult. People got tired in the late nineties paying $19-$20 dollars for bad cd's. Enters Napster...and changes the game completely. The record industry got caught sleeping and it hasn't been the same since.

Something has got to change, or the record industry is going to go the route of Enron, World Com and other businesses that forgot that "quality" matters to the consumer.

Truthangel

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
5,362 3 9
Alleybux
You said a MOUTH-FULL here.

In all my years coming across the paths of pro ballers, celebs/entertainers, singers, most--say 90%--are not as you would BELIEVE them to be. Some are even WORSE (especially in the sports field) up close and personal. Thank God I no longer have to come in contact with many of them anymore.

I've met a few celebs, having worked in the music industry for several years. As you said, some were cool...others...well, meeting them definitely changed my opinion about meeting any more.

And I totally believe you regarding the ballers.

When I was around 20/21; a Denver Nugget player that was in town, tried to hit on me and get me to fly out with him wherever he was going. Do ya think I'm going to go with a man that "I don't know..." and not really sure if he's telling the truth at that? Not! First of all, I had a job. And second: My mama didn't raise no fool. I've never needed money or fame that bad to put my life or reputation on the line like that.

Kitty Katt

Killer Bey Nicki
Reaction score
Reactions
102,037 5,809 16,051
Alleybux
great point.... that why a appreciate janet jackson so much, her silence intrigues me..you never know whats really going on..one can only assume and imagine..the rest of them not so much...............

i agree with everything that you just said.

Truthangel

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
5,362 3 9
Alleybux
why do people keep mentioning justin beiber as if hes the poster boy, Atleast the boy can sing.

Lets talk about these other stars who have no talent what so ever that gets a pass.

Justin Bieber is a mediocre fluke who is only famous because: White fathers would rather their precious little white daughters screaming for him than Little Wayne.

That's the point.

Ya think....

WarmLeatherette

<span style="color: Black;"><span style="color: Bl
Reaction score
Reactions
17,478 2 6
Alleybux
great point.... that why a appreciate janet jackson so much, her silence intrigues me..you never know whats really going on..one can only assume and imagine..the rest of them not so much...............

add SADE to that....she's the epitome of mysterious and intriguing

XR77910

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
51,303 1,686 1,150
Alleybux
I'm glad that we don't have superstars in entertainment anymore because people spend more time worshipping people who can sing, dance, and act and don't give
enough credit to the people who have made true and lasting contributions to the world that benefit everyone.

HeyGirl2025

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,375 59 10
Alleybux
:clap:Me too, girl. Oh, my God...you stirred up memories. I once posted about 100 posters on my bedroom wall when I was in high school. That was a trip.

Learn from the old stars--most of whom are gone or dying out now: MYSTIQUE sells more than tabloids. Ask the late Gretta Garbot and late Jackie Kennedy-Onassis. Both of those women refused to give interviews but were more photographed and hounded by paparazzi than Madonna, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber combined.

I had a ton of posters on my wall as well!!! You couldn't even see my wall really, cause it was so covered. Man, those were the days! I was just loving everything during those times. Also, I didn't know about any of the "illuminati" stuff then either, so i was just ignorant and having fun. lol

Back in them days, i don't recall people being "famous" because they were married to a popular celebrity,divorced,or had a child by a celebrity either. Nowadays you can just be a babymama to a celeb, now all of a sudden you "famous" with TV shows Nshit.

ok bye

Itiswhatitis85

East Coast hoppin
Reaction score
Reactions
20,842 885 394
Alleybux
The Black musicians of yesteryear came from a legacy of "paying dues". Many of them came up performing in live clubs before getting in the studio. They learned all the ropes about performing before touring. Older Black entertainers always helped the next generation excel to the next level--it was our culture. But during the late nineties; something happened in music. Many record companies started eliminating their Black music divisions and the mediocre talent that you see today is a result of lack of artistic development.

Ask Rihanna, Ciara, Kelly Rowland(an exception...but), none of them know how to keep an audience interested. Rihanna has had to cancel numerous tour dates due to poor ticket sales. Now when folks don't want to hear you live--that is the ultimate insult. People got tired in the late nineties paying $19-$20 dollars for bad cd's. Enters Napster...and changes the game completely. The record industry got caught sleeping and it hasn't been the same since.

Something has got to change, or the record industry is going to go the route of Enron, World Com and other businesses that forgot that "quality" matters to the consumer.

I don't know about the Rihanna and Kelly Rowland thing. Rihanna didn't cancel any tour dates, that was just a rumor and has 10 sold out dates in London. Kelly Rowland has lukewarm appeal in the US, but is actually well received worldwide. IMO, the US music industry has little credibility compared to the music industry in other parts of the world. Music here give credence to overhyped or poorly written songs with little to no shelf life beyond its time on the charts, especially when it come to most native artists. Most of the groundbreaking artists nowadays aren't even from the US originally...

Reaction score
Reactions
9,841 150 67
Alleybux
I dont understand people that dedicate their lives to these stars. some neglect their own lives as if these celebrities wealth will affect them in any way. Its sad to see how far we will go to defend these people.

pinksghetti

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
21,258 479 95
Alleybux
I don't think celebrity is passe yet but it's lost it's luster to me because talent is no longer required. If those in charge would start promoting singers, rappers, etc, who actually had talent and not just look good, dress nice or have "swag" then people would be more interested. At least to be an actor, especially a popular one you have to have talent.

edit: I have always liked to be entertained but I said this in another thread regarding this that famous people have always been "regular" to me but just have fun jobs, make a lot money and are very well known.

Yelly

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,529 417 1,110
Alleybux
Good!! Them mofos are overpaid anyway...so many more professions deserve to get paid as much as these bird brain singers, athletes, actors and reality stars!!

I barely support the entertainment industry so to heck with them!

aMuse2Many

Think and Grow Rich
Reaction score
Reactions
7,248 2 2
Alleybux
Wow! For real, Tyra nabbed Andre? Honestly, I stopped tuning into ANTM around the time she just handed that win to Saleisha. :disdain:

But WOW, I had no idea she had upped the prizes and the judging panel. Having Andre there is VERY impressive, I know some people criticized her when Janice left saying she was the only notable judge but Andre Leon Talley trumps her any day.

OMG! Me too. that is the very last season and very last episode...

bunkeey8

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,281 1,266 200
Alleybux
Twitter took that mystic away and its mostly the dlisters use it to promote themselves..... if you have a gamil account for bookings you are popular not famous or a star...