Quantcast

Celebs that haven’t found their niche/or have completely lost it in their field

Ms.cleo

“I’m just clairvoyant up in this b*tch”
Reaction score
Reactions
272,728 32,710 4,490
Alleybux
1. Tinashe: She has been chopped & screwed by the industry and still can’t seem to find her niche. She’s throwing everything at the wall but nothing is sticking. Imo she’d be better being another Jhene Aiko and getting that writing money OR she could make nice money as a professional choreographer. She had something special in the beginning but she lost the main public’s attention.

upload_2019-6-12_14-26-47.jpeg

2. Zendaya: She had a successful start coming off of Disney channel w/ a bubbly/quirky, relatable personality. Now she’s playing MJ in the blockbuster Spider-Man films & shes starring in the darker degrassi reboot ‘Euphoria’. She’s trying hard to ditch that innocent Disney image like her predecessors Demi, Miley, etc. However, she’s gonna need more than that to shed that image. She’s gonna need to choose her roles more wisely & really bring out her acting chops.

zendaya.jpg

3. Miley Cyrus: She is the epitome of confused lol. She successfully shedded her Hannah Montana image but now it’s like the blind leading the blind. She isn’t a good actress, she’s not a model but she is a decent singer. You’d think she’d be a pop star & stick to that but no, she wants to suck every ounce of black culture up as she can. She is truly lost in her career & marriage hasn’t grounded her at all.

miley-cyrus-apologizes-for-hip-hop-comments

4. Taylor Swift: In the past I would usually say TSwift has a clear formula that WORKS for her. Now, I would say otherwise. She’ll be 30 this year & those teeny bopper anthems that barely scratch the surface of life, love, etc just aren’t cutting it for the public anymore. She needs to make more complex, grown up lyrics. People wanna hear about xes, life, etc, stuff they can connect to. I honestly think she’s scared she’ll lose her fan base of young girls. What she needs to realize is that she’s far too old to not have any musical growth.

Taylor-Swift-2.jpg

5. Justin Bieber: So he started off as a teenaged heart throb singer that discovered by the highly talented Usher. For a few years he was at the top of everything, suddenly his career slowly declined. He jumps on collabs here & there but he’s stopped making his own music. Granted the teen heartthrob image was gonna go away when he grew up, however, now he’s out here looking like he does hardcore drugs. His marriage to the Baldwin didn’t help his image either. What happened to the Biebs?..

d9e9af90c1dfac39c280067da61bf16a

6. The Klan: I was going to do them separately but then I realized they pretty much all don’t have a niche. We all know they love to bite off of black people & that’s their thing but they don’t truly have a purpose. They don’t sing, they don’t dance, they have zero personality. It almost as if they share 1 brain. Then to end this off, they constantly get plastic surgery to alter their looks. They should be at the top of this list but I didn’t want to give them the pleasure of being #1, so there’s that lol...

81Wr%252BDxIjtL._RI_.jpg

That’s my short list, if y’all have more, feel free to add.

TheodosiaCat

PrettiestPisces
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
162,582 4,205 2,893
Alleybux
Kylie has a niche, she is the underdog, a lot of young people her age feel just as insecure as she does and she is able to capitalize off that.

Inana

Bene Gesserit
Reaction score
Reactions
297,088 6,312 1,527
Alleybux
Katy Perry - She’s still doing her 2009 thing, but the music industry has changed a lot

Jennifer Lawrence - Ever since the fall of Harvey, she’s struggled to find her way

Glizzy

Extended Hiatus Due to Disrespect Received
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
166,558 5,195 2,971
Alleybux
agree with tunashe

Normani but im giving her time

jacqueeeee e eeees
I do believe he can make hits that are more than covers of others songs tho so fk everyone who says otherwise

trey songz and chris brown smh
they make the same album for last 4 years now
you could says the xes songs are they niche but even those xesual songs they are trying to replicate arent good anymore, they have lost it.

Defintely Jennifer hudson and kelly rowland
They need to stop playing and make some dance/house music cause thats what their voices are best for

beyonce been genre hopping based on trends if we keeping it 100... especially in regards to EIL/Top off. Not your niche sis.

drake has never understood his niche and instead spends his time biting off everyone else. Thief

Cornbreadlova

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
55,441 913 175
Alleybux
Hell I can't judge too harshly.

I've hit a plateau in my own career and currently trying to decide which way to go.

I honestly think that's why I've been spending so much time on LSA lately.

I'm trying to avoid my own responsibilities and hide from the future.

Ms.cleo

Reaction score
Reactions
272,728 32,710 4,490
Alleybux
Kylie has a niche, she is the underdog, a lot of young people her age feel just as insecure as she does and she is able to capitalize off that.

Lmao Kylie is confused as hell. She’s selling makeup, selling her body, etc. She doesn’t know what to do.

crazylipslut

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,596 3,203 5,897
Alleybux
agree with tunashe

jacqueeeee e eeees
I do believe he can make hits that are more than covers of others songs tho so fk everyone who says otherwise

you could says the xes songs are they niche but even those xesual songs they are trying to replicate arent good anymore, they have lost it.

They need to stop playing and make some dance/house music cause thats what their voices are best for

beyonce been genre hopping based on trends if we keeping it 100... especially in regards to EIL/Top off. Not your niche sis.

drake has never understood his niche and instead spends his time biting off everyone else. Thief
People who say Chris Brown makes the same songs obviously are followers and don’t have their own opinions. His albums have all genres of music on them and not all of them sound the same. Listen before you criticize doofus

queenblair28

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,362 6,622 896
Alleybux
Add Selena Gomez, payola cabello, Shawn mendes, Rita Ora, Cara eyebrows girl, amy Schumer and Dua lipa to the list as well.

Ms.cleo

Reaction score
Reactions
272,728 32,710 4,490
Alleybux
agree with tunashe

jacqueeeee e eeees

I agree on Normani, she’s warming up though. She just doesn’t know how to market her songs though. For example, ppl talk sh!t about Saweetie but that My Type song has a dance challenge. Like Normani needs to come out with a summer bop that has a dance or is danceable. That’s her biggest issue.

Bey has a niche but she is intentionally genre hopping so she can gain the attention of a certain crowd. If she wanted, she could easily go back to her old ways, but she wants the early 20s ppls attention. I never for one second thought she was actually lost.

I completely agree about trey and Chris. They have had no musical growth.

Artheaux

STANNING IS A MENTAL ILLNESS! GROAN 4 GROAN
Reaction score
Reactions
100,072 2,685 1,195
Alleybux
Disagree with 2 (zendaya’s career seems to be going well)and 6, while some members of the K/J clan seem lost (khloe, rob) the others have a clear “niche”..

Ms.cleo

Reaction score
Reactions
272,728 32,710 4,490
Alleybux
That’s her niche

You have to be successful in a niche.

Take money out of the equation.

Kylie’s makeup is trash (makeup artists have said it countless times). Her skincare is obviously trash. Her body is botched, face looks like playdough & she has no identity.

She doesn’t have a niche, she used to though when she had blue hair.

Ms.cleo

Reaction score
Reactions
272,728 32,710 4,490
Alleybux
Disagree with 2 (zendaya’s career seems to be going well)and 6, while some members of the K/J clan seem lost (khloe, rob) the others have a clear “niche”..

Where did I say Zendaya’s career wasn’t going well? I mentioned the klan who’s career is going seemingly well too.

This thread isn’t about that, it’s about people who don’t know what they’re good at. People who are confused on what direction to go in with their careers.

Anthy

Mrs. Ramsay
Reaction score
Reactions
25,303 521 62
Alleybux
Nicole Scherzinger needs to quit playing tryna be a pop star and do more stage productions. I thought she was amazing in RENT. She has a great voice but I never checked for her "music"

TheodosiaCat

PrettiestPisces
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
162,582 4,205 2,893
Alleybux

Kylie’s makeup is trash (makeup artists have said it countless times). Her skincare is obviously trash. Her body is botched, face looks like playdough & she has no identity.

Kylie is making money off her niche, I know LSA doesn’t like to think so but she is, it’s a fact, she isn’t a billionaire but enough people are buying into her sh!t for her to make money

ArtsyAndNosey

Back for now
Reaction score
Reactions
3,099 104 78
Alleybux
Rita Ora for sure hasn’t found it.
Jonah Hill maybe lost it? Granted he came in as the big, funny guy in inappropriate movies (basically Seth R’s younger brother) and his movies would evolve but somewhere he just stopped that, got super serious, now makes movies?

PeytonPlace

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,476 264 84
Alleybux
Zendaya is at an age where trying to find her niche is to be expected. IMO she's got a good start to building a solid career in acting.

Katy Perry is the one I really feel has lost her way. She had a sure fire formula that worked for her target audience at the time, but her fans aren't growing with her and her attempts to reinvent herself have fallen flat.

Miley was always a gimmick to me. Once she was on stage in some nude plastic two piece gyrating on beetle juice while holding some stupid foam finger I knew she was a joke. It got her attention at the time b/c the songs were catchy, and her look was the polar opposite of her Hannah Montana image, but now there is no where else to go with it. Her attempts don't shock, aren't controversial, just predictable.

Jush

No tea, no shade, no pink lemonade
Reaction score
Reactions
9,800 330 68
Alleybux
Azalea banks(hasn’t found it), Brandy (lost it) , Ashanti (Lost it)

Azealia has certainly found her niche. Her sound has been house/hip-hop from the very beginning.

Last edited:

Holographic

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
115,690 1,710 625
Alleybux
strategically... ciara

ciara really wants her singing career to pop off, but what she hasn't realized after 15 years is that her career has matured and is centered in a different, but related industry: lifestyle.

ciara is an entertainer, not a singer. when she started pushing ballads, i immediately knew she did not have a clear grasp on her brand. i don't know why her team allows her to sing at all when she's truly a dancer - she's not a whitney + janet mashup, she's just within the lineage of janet. dats it.

once ciara got married, she opened herself up to a mainstream niche and brand that is not accessible to many black women of her stature. i get that she really wants to be a pop star, but she has the potential to be bigger than entertainment. ciara has the means to develop a strong lifestyle brand, where she discusses single motherhood, blended families, marriage, manifestation, and wellness.

she could have a lifestyle website, online and/or physical shop, and periodical; hold retreats for single women, fitness retreats, mommy retreats; she could launch her own skincare line, publish a book of prayers for women; write a memoir discussing her relationship failures and how she realized her worth and attracted a man that matched her evolved self (she always wanted to be a part of a power couple, and now that she is in one, she needs to bank on it. this is the only rare time i would suggest for someone to 'pimp' out their marriage); her and russell could write a book for christian couples; with russell's connections to department stores and amazon, ciara could launch her own athletic line, a line for working women that are mothers to young children, and even a shoe line or bag line for women and children.

with her lifestyle platform, ciara alone and with her husband could manage a feature interview on OWN super soul sunday, focus humanitarian work on working mothers and children in need, i mean, there are so many things she can do!

but she is hyper-focused on publishing albums that honestly no one wanted nor asked for. her brand is not her music and never was. music was only a launch platform for greater, broader, more profitable things. she can't get away with the career jlo has built. ciara has an incredible lane that she is not taking advantage of and it's her lost.

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,816 21,298 10,690
Alleybux
Madonna. She jumps on every trend.

Katy Perry.

Xtina (but at this point her whole career practically been a flop)

Shakira is losing it too. It's just not noticeable right now.

simplereminder

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,519 1,604 403
Alleybux
Kelly Rowland should’ve stuck with EDM dance music + killer choreo. Her voice suits the genre well and some of her biggest hits (outside of the US) were dance songs. That “Donna Summer of the 2000s” niche is one she should have owned post 2009.

Amame

EVERYTHING IS LOVE
Reaction score
Reactions
42,942 1,433 191
Alleybux
I remember an episode of KUWTK where Kendall and Kylie were writing some book together. This was a long time ago though. They should’ve stuck to doing that.

TrillaryClinton

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
76,751 1,332 1,003
Alleybux
I honestly think LSA has a hard time accepting that Tinashe just wasn’t meant to happen. Even after her 2 On remix, people didn’t like her or want more from her. They just liked the song.

I’m starting to accept that Chance the Rapper has lost it. I’m still his fan and he’ll always have fans and perform well, but showcasing-talent wise, he peaked with Acid Rap.

Katy Perry lost it and there’s nothing wrong with that. She didn’t fall off so much as age out, and she needs to accept it.

August Alsina lost it but he’s gone through so much nobody can blame him.

Ne-Yo lost it trying to compete with Bryson Tiller, trying to make “vibe” music instead of doing what he does best.

I think B.o.B can’t find his niche. He had a little hype, then it died down, then he had Headbands which did really well but it wasn’t his style at all. He doesn’t know his identity.

ForumsStaySpilling

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
155,383 3,305 944
Alleybux
Monica: Her last several albums have been outright disasters, and she hasn't known what to do since "The Makings of Me". I guess being on Reality TV is working, though it's kind of a downgrade for someone who was so successful.

Brandy: Such a damn shame what happened to her. "Full Moon" (her best album) ended up being a mess due to the pregnancy, and the need to lie about it. After that, it's been label issue after label issue, working with several producers, lashing out trying to fight against the label, struggling to find an adult niche musically, so on and so forth. Hopefully she continues in acting that involves music.

Lady Gaga: I appreciate her for knowing that she needs to evolve (unlike Katy Perry), but her attempts at doing so is.... mixed at best. "Joanne" was a nice step, but many thought it was inauthentic, and she leaned too far (though I like the era more than most), and the "Shallow" stuff was her attempt at being Barbara Striesand. With her next era, it seems like she is going to be lost, and will have a hard time balancing.

Usher: This has been the case for about a decade now. He lent into the EDM stuff, which did give him a few years of hits, but he was seen as an "oldie" attempting to draw in the new audience. Once that stuff ended, he has been lost ever since, and has had label issues, as well as trying to reestablish a sound.

Will post more soon enough.

simplereminder

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,519 1,604 403
Alleybux
Monica: Her last several albums have been outright disasters, and she hasn't known what to do since "The Makings of Me". I guess being on Reality TV is working, though it's kind of a downgrade for someone who was so successful.

Brandy: Such a damn shame what happened to her. "Full Moon" (her best album) ended up being a mess due to the pregnancy, and the need to lie about it. After that, it's been label issue after label issue, working with several producers, lashing out trying to fight against the label, struggling to find an adult niche musically, so on and so forth. Hopefully she continues in acting that involves music.

Lady Gaga: I appreciate her for knowing that she needs to evolve (unlike Katy Perry), but her attempts at doing so is.... mixed at best. "Joanne" was a nice step, but many thought it was inauthentic, and she leaned too far (though I like the era more than most), and the "Shallow" stuff was her attempt at being Barbara Striesand. With her next era, it seems like she is going to be lost, and will have a hard time balancing.

Usher: This has been the case for about a decade now. He lent into the EDM stuff, which did give him a few years of hits, but he was seen as an "oldie" attempting to draw in the new audience. Once that stuff ended, he has been lost ever since, and has had label issues, as well as trying to reestablish a sound.

Will post more soon enough.

Your list is spot on.

Lady Gaga is one I’m curious to watch over these next few years. Despite the success of A Star Is Born I don’t think she’ll get another Oscar-Bait type of acting role anytime soon (she’s a very wooden actress that can play herself very well). Plus I don’t think Hollywood types take her seriously as an actress.

She’ll probably become like a Cher type of artist — a shrinking but consistent fan base well into her 40s and 50s while dabbling in medium profile acting roles every few years.

Plus Gaga is clearly going for EGOT so expect more TV and Stage performances.

Brandy is another one I’m surprised fell off as much as she did. She spent most of the 90s as one of the biggest artists in the business. Afrodisiac and Human both had plenty of great songs on them but between the baby scandal and the car accident her reputation seemed permanently tarnished.

She should push for a flashy supporting role in a prestige movie + sing the theme song to try to get her profile back. It worked for Mary J Blige (now an Oscar nominated actress) and Janelle Monae

Last edited:

Original

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,431 2,936 3,792
Alleybux

Ummm success in her niche (beauty and insta glam niche) she has , maybe you are thinking of QUALITY but you dont have to have quality products to sell them thats what MARKETING is for

Foreva 21

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
105,777 2,983 2,372
Alleybux
Brandy does have a niche. Its being a well respected actress that has a back musical catalogue of iconic treasures. She’s done everything that the acts you all mentioned above have been desperately trying to obtain. Cover Girl, Barbie Doll, Syndicated TV sitcom, Multiple Awards, Blockbuster Movies, Magazine Covers, Fashion Muse, Multi-Platinum albums, iconic songs, and international opportunities.

No other singer from her era has been able to get their own shows greenlit and not to mention reality shows and booked on Primetime TV shows with legends based off her name alone. Monica is on a reality show now. Brandy was recently on STAR with Queen Latifah. It doesn’t get any better then that imo. Brandy has acting because she can actually act. That’s how she got her start in the business as a child actress on Thea back in the 1993 way before she was a signed artist.

RubyCircus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,892 604 561
Alleybux
Definitely Selena Gomez. She is still recording music but it seems like she’s not very passionate about. She just records the songs and puts on bland performances. Britney didn’t write loads in her prime but you can tell that she loves performing and dancing. With it Selena it seems like she’s singing because the other Disney girls, like Miley and Demi, are singing.

I think she should focus on acting. She’s obviously not Viola Davis but I think she suits acting more. Apparently she really wanted to be in that Woody Allen movie but obviously the Me Too movement happened and Woody was (finally) pushed to the side by the industry. She should keep on securing roles and hopefully she will get a break out role.

Luvlady345

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,979 2,101 1,842
Alleybux
I am really trying to understand you people, waiting for Ciara music career to pop off. Like where were you in the 2000s? When Ciara came out she was that girl, #1 records and albums, maybe you need to go read her discography-Wikipedia. Now if you want to say her music sales decline yeah it did. But to say waiting for her career to pop off is insanity. Ciara has always been mainstream, she put her husband into mainstream. Russell was nowhere in mainstream before he married Ciara like most football players. If Russell was so mainstream him and his first wife would have been on A list red carpets and events, if they post anything it would have made mainstream news and it didn't. Evidently you didn't follow Russell before he got with Ciara.
strategically... ciara

ciara really wants her singing career to pop off, but what she hasn't realized after 15 years is that her career has matured and is centered in a different, but related industry: lifestyle.

ciara is an entertainer, not a singer. when she started pushing ballads, i immediately knew she did not have a clear grasp on her brand. i don't know why her team allows her to sing at all when she's truly a dancer - she's not a whitney + janet mashup, she's just within the lineage of janet. dats it.

once ciara got married, she opened herself up to a mainstream niche and brand that is not accessible to many black women of her stature. i get that she really wants to be a pop star, but she has the potential to be bigger than entertainment. ciara has the means to develop a strong lifestyle brand, where she discusses single motherhood, blended families, marriage, manifestation, and wellness.

she could have a lifestyle website, online and/or physical shop, and periodical; hold retreats for single women, fitness retreats, mommy retreats; she could launch her own skincare line, publish a book of prayers for women; write a memoir discussing her relationship failures and how she realized her worth and attracted a man that matched her evolved self (she always wanted to be a part of a power couple, and now that she is in one, she needs to bank on it. this is the only rare time i would suggest for someone to 'pimp' out their marriage); her and russell could write a book for christian couples; with russell's connections to department stores and amazon, ciara could launch her own athletic line, a line for working women that are mothers to young children, and even a shoe line or bag line for women and children.

with her lifestyle platform, ciara alone and with her husband could manage a feature interview on OWN super soul sunday, focus humanitarian work on working mothers and children in need, i mean, there are so many things she can do!

but she is hyper-focused on publishing albums that honestly no one wanted nor asked for. her brand is not her music and never was. music was only a launch platform for greater, broader, more profitable things. she can't get away with the career jlo has built. ciara has an incredible lane that she is not taking advantage of and it's her lost.

Last edited:

ForumsStaySpilling

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
155,383 3,305 944
Alleybux
I'm bored, so here we go.

Justin Timberlake: His solo career (and even his last era in *NSYNC) was heavily reliant on him being the "white guy who has a lot of soul", and was geared towards the black audience. When he reached his thirties, he struggled with what to do next, since there were younger white people who replaced him. "Man of the Woods" was supposed to be his most personal effort yet, and that was...... a disaster. Outside of maybe a "Trolls" hit, he has no identity/niche that he can probably lean into. Suffering the same issue his co-lead singer did a decade and a half ago.

Christina Aguilera: She was also someone who was used as a "blonde who can sang her ass off". Gained a lot of control during her "Stripped" era, which was a disaster that ended up working ("Dirrty" was what she chose as a lead, which flopped). Kept on changing her look every era (goody blonde girl - rebel - glamour girl - sexpot - whatever the fµck her last two eras were), and people eventually got over it. It's clear that she doesn't know what to do, connect to the contemporary audience (which she should have had on lock), or newer generations.

Madonna: She is 60 years old acting like she is in her 20s-30s. It's even more annoying, since she has shown that she can do more mature, age-appropriate work, but refuses to do so. Her albums have just gotten worse and worse.

Janet Jackson: I am not taking in the Superbowl stuff, and solely focusing on her music. "Damita Jo" seemed very similar to "All For You" (and allegedly the producers claimed that she had no ideas for the album). "20. Y.0." was a Jermaine Dupri overhaul that had very little focus and overdone production. "Discipline" had her being a puppet like she was in her first two eras, and her comeback was...... middling. It just seemed like she lost motivation and ideas musically.

Don't know if I should address people who flopped out the gate, or people who barely had careers.

Glizzy

Extended Hiatus Due to Disrespect Received
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
166,558 5,195 2,971
Alleybux
I'm bored, so here we go.

Justin Timberlake: His solo career (and even his last era in *NSYNC) was heavily reliant on him being the "white guy who has a lot of soul", and was geared towards the black audience. When he reached his thirties, he struggled with what to do next, since there were younger white people who replaced him. "Man of the Woods" was supposed to be his most personal effort yet, and that was...... a disaster. Outside of maybe a "Trolls" hit, he has no identity/niche that he can probably lean into. Suffering the same issue his co-lead singer did a decade and a half ago.

Christina Aguilera: She was also someone who was used as a "blonde who can sang her ass off". Gained a lot of control during her "Stripped" era, which was a disaster that ended up working ("Dirrty" was what she chose as a lead, which flopped). Kept on changing her look every era (goody blonde girl - rebel - glamour girl - sexpot - whatever the fµck her last two eras were), and people eventually got over it. It's clear that she doesn't know what to do, connect to the contemporary audience (which she should have had on lock), or newer generations.

Madonna: She is 60 years old acting like she is in her 20s-30s. It's even more annoying, since she has shown that she can do more mature, age-appropriate work, but refuses to do so. Her albums have just gotten worse and worse.

Janet Jackson: I am not taking in the Superbowl stuff, and solely focusing on her music. "Damita Jo" seemed very similar to "All For You" (and allegedly the producers claimed that she had no ideas for the album). "20. Y.0." was a Jermaine Dupri overhaul that had very little focus and overdone production. "Discipline" had her being a puppet like she was in her first two eras, and her comeback was...... middling. It just seemed like she lost motivation and ideas musically.

Don't know if I should address people who flopped out the gate, or people who barely had careers.

Go ahead. i like ur viewpoints.