Quantcast

Charlottesville VA Backs "Reparations" Fund for Black Residents & Votes to Sell Robert E. Lee Statue

mypov

Reaction score
Reactions
64,664 4,345 427
Alleybux

In Charlottesville, Virginia, the city is preparing for a white nationalist rally on Saturday protesting against the planned removal of a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee from a downtown park. The "Unite the Right" event is expected to draw several thousands of people, including counterprotesters. White nationalist Richard Spencer has organized similar protests earlier this year. City officials are reportedly scrambling to find ways to halt the event. At least 60 publicly funded Confederacy symbols have been removed or renamed since the 2015 massacre of nine black parishioners in a Charleston, South Carolina, church by a self-described white supremacist, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. We speak with Wes Bellamy, vice-mayor of Charlottesville, Virginia. He is the youngest person to ever be elected to the Charlottesville City Council and has been leading the opposition to a Robert E. Lee statue in the city.

GabrieleChristo

DEPROGRAMMING
Reaction score
Reactions
158,004 8,380 11,373
Alleybux
SELL it?!? They need to let black folks take weapons and have a go at it until that B@st@rd is DESTROYED!

Just finished watching the interview and the interviewee is coming across as a bit c**nish. Yes, I understand he is an elected representative but he took it a bit too far by saying that "He personally has no problem with Robert E. Lee." ALL black people should have a problem with Robert E. Lee! If white folks want that statue, they need to put it somewhere tucked away from the public's eyes.

Last edited:

Le Prince Noire

Sarcasm then Orgasm
Reaction score
Reactions
1,931 75 105
Alleybux
SELL it?!? They need to let black folks take weapons and have ao go at it until that B@st@rd is DESTROYED!

Just finished watching the interview and the interviewee is coming across as a bit c**nish. Yes, I understand he is an elected representative but he took it a bit too far by saying that "He personally has no problem with Robert E. Lee." ALL black people should have a problem with Robert E. Lee! If white folks want that statue, they need to put it somewhere tucked away from the public's eyes.
I don't like Robert Lee but I respect him, he never cared for slavery and he was apathetic towards Blacks for the most part. He was a general who was loyal to his State and he was gonna fight for his State, and from what I know he didn't care if they joined the Union or the Confederacy. If people were educated about him they would know he was loyal Virginian more than anything else, he deserves a statute, just like Nate Turner.

GabrieleChristo

DEPROGRAMMING
Reaction score
Reactions
158,004 8,380 11,373
Alleybux
I don't like Robert Lee but I respect him, he never cared for slavery and he was apathetic towards Blacks for the most part. He was a general who was loyal to his State and he was gonna fight for his State, and from what I know he didn't care if they joined the Union or the Confederacy. If people were educated about him they would know he was loyal Virginian more than anything else, he deserves a statute, just like Nate Turner.

The ONLY people that deserve equestrian statues are those who fought for the rights of ALL humanity, like Frederick Douglass or John Brown. Whites use this excuse of "Southern Pride" to defend the practices of the South but they were anti-human and straight up EVIL.

Le Prince Noire

Sarcasm then Orgasm
Reaction score
Reactions
1,931 75 105
Alleybux
The ONLY people that deserve equestrian statues are those who fought for the rights of ALL humanity, like Frederick Douglass or John Brown. Whites use this excuse of "Southern Pride" to defend the practices of the South but they were anti-human and straight up EVIL.
Well Fredrick Douglass fought for black ppl only, and like i said idc about Robert Lee or the issue that much so u got it

Last edited:

Monika Mann

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
198,353 5,447 1,451
Alleybux
wtf you 'respect' Robert E Lee?

I'm not sure about Wes Bellamy, we have some mutual friends but I can't really read him. I know that him and his wife and two daughters have had their lives threatened NUMEROUS times and he didn't back down on removing the statue. He get's a lot of hate for not showing up to some of the counter protests and etc, but these men literally have a noose around his neck and a gun to his head.

Donn270

Black Is Beautiful
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
66 1 13
Alleybux
Reparations can take many forms from cash payments to concessions at colleges, employment etc. Other, less conventional reparations are possible such as taxing whites at higher rates and burdizzo therapy.

Way to Love

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
341,633 8,494 1,880
Alleybux
Bump.

They're rallying right now.

Mainstream media ain't covering it but twitter is on it.

#CharlottesvilleKKK

Monika Mann

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
198,353 5,447 1,451
Alleybux
the alt right just fµcked up a bunch of students and people praying with tiki torches. they just ran up there and beat the fµck out of some of the people with no provocation!

JustLivingTv

Fck |Love|Friendship & yo phony apologies
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
97,017 9,671 9,134
Alleybux
Bump.

They're rallying right now.

Mainstream media ain't covering it but twitter is on it.

#CharlottesvilleKKK

They knew what they was doing. All white people do is start stuff. Then the president have the audacity to say many sides are at fault. NO! White people are at fault cause they knew some sh!t would pop off if they rallied and walked through neighborhoods.White people always starting stuff then play as victim.

hankertron

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,587 9,062 25,717
Alleybux
SELL it?!? They need to let black folks take weapons and have a go at it until that B@st@rd is DESTROYED!

Just finished watching the interview and the interviewee is coming across as a bit c**nish. Yes, I understand he is an elected representative but he took it a bit too far by saying that "He personally has no problem with Robert folks know how to major in the minors
I don't like Robert Lee but I respect him, he neveBl

Agreed.

Black people love to major in the minors. Money in your pocket brings a lot of pull. Yelling with empty pockets brings laughter.
This kind of stuff basically takes you no where.

mypov

Reaction score
Reactions
64,664 4,345 427
Alleybux

He's probably been getting death threats for his efforts to remove the statue, so maybe that's why he said it. That statue belongs in a landfill.

mypov

Reaction score
Reactions
64,664 4,345 427
Alleybux
Wes Bellamy was on CNN tonight

Last edited:

GabrieleChristo

DEPROGRAMMING
Reaction score
Reactions
158,004 8,380 11,373
Alleybux
Well
Fredrick Douglass fought for other than black ppl and like idc about him or the issue that much so u got it

I hope you're not black. Because you would be up in someone's fields picking cotton right now and being whipped by the overseer if it wasn't for people like Frederick Douglass and the other abolitionists who fought for the freedom of blacks.

Yoshi3329

Sweet as banana | Thank You Jesus 4 Saving My Soul
Reaction score
Reactions
135,179 10,877 10,832
Alleybux
Oh sh!t, so they're getting rid of it? YASSSS!

Those protesters are such fµck!ng losers. How pathetic is your college life where protesting for WHITE SUPREMACY on a Saturday night is a thing for you?

And the people that really need a statues are the people who you lynched, abolitionist, and enslaved Africans. Not no damn Robert E. Lee. White people STAY using the excuse of southern pride as a why to mask their racism. fµck them. Take it down.

Le Prince Noire

Sarcasm then Orgasm
Reaction score
Reactions
1,931 75 105
Alleybux
wtf you 'respect' Robert E Lee?

Alotta ppl talk and don't even know anything except he fought for the Confederacy. He truly fought only for the state of Virginia, and he would've been on the side of whoever side the Governor of VA, whether the Union or Confederacy. He was a very capable General, more capable than the Union Generals. The only thing that helped the Union win was numbers and nothing else. So yeah I respect, not like, him, the way he held his ground winning battle after battle with so few men (in comparison to the Union) he deserves a statute in the state of Virginia, just like Nat Turner deserves one.