Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperPipeDream

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,160 83 38
Alleybux
Could she have possibly been ble to twist the foundation mess to be all his doing/fault. I think that would send him over the edge, having people thnk he "stole" money that was supposed to be going to charity. Taking the kids away form him and the charity FU are the only 2 things I can think of that would be so bad to cause him to decide "I'm done".

Side note - when you hear of middle aged men who commit suicide it is generally due to divorce/losing the kids and/or money issues

I think that's very possible and my personal opinion is it was everything listed in that BI and 10x more and he was blindsided by it with a major tour coming up.

With his only possible "crime" being a fling or a connection to somebody whose body temp rose above freezing....She was busted, projected it all onto him and then swooped into victim mode before he could even wrap his head around it all which may have prompted a brief relapse (AIB). That was her ticket and she ran with it all the way to her lawyer..... She had to engineer that money train.....

Last edited:

Chantal

Money can’t give what the truth takes away.
Reaction score
Reactions
20,953 46 104
Alleybux
Bainbridge mentioned that she was using his relapse as an excuse to leave him so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she threatened him with the kids as well. But I just can't shake the feeling that it was more than that. Was she holding something over his head? Accusing him of something? Threatening him?

His tox came back clean so ..... it makes no sense to me that he would react to this kind of threat with the ultimate act. I don't know...just one more WTF.

You know, I think she may have said she would tell the world he lied about his sobriety. He was proud of staying sober! I think she taunted him with that, along with 25 other things. She certainly has kept her word, if she did. VK sucks, fµck her.

LizzyT

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,829 13 7
Alleybux
The comments on that one....wowee.

SS has never remarried.
Here you go:

CC 2017 Timeline (created by: CopperPipeDream and Stolen Prayer)

CopperPipeDream said:

Yes.

I got ya! I added a few of my own notes
clip_image001.png

2016 saw CC perform 69 solo shows spread out over 28 countries, 15 SG shows and 8 TOTD shows. All with seemingly good reviews. He also began composing the theme for The Promise. There may have been more performances but I'm going by what's listed on this site.
Search for setlists: Soundgarden (page 2) | setlist.fm

Also worth noting, from Rolling Stone....http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-tour-20160307

One dollar from each ticket sold supports the Chris And Vicky CornellFoundation, which raises funds and partners with charitable organizations to mobilize support for children facing problems including homelessness, poverty, abuse and neglect.

We know the BI was posted January 17 and the less than stellar AIB performance was January 20. Whether the two are related is not known but is a possibility. But, this is the first performance from Chris, in recent times, that he was seemingly "fµcked up" which is echoed in the comments under the YT videos, all dating back to 5 months ago.

I've also gone through CC's FB and twitter, (to the first of this year) trying to get a glimpse into his mindset as it's all we really have. While I realize that some of his posts were either Clare or Vk, you can kinda tell which ones were his and those are the ones I've chosen. I'm listing performance dates with tweets, FB posts, and what we know. Please correct me if I screw some up as I'm going by memory here.

ALSO if anyone was at any of these concerts could give us an idea of what his performance was like, that would be great. Just trying to get a timeline and understanding as to what the hell happened.....so here goes.

Saturday, January 14 Brad Pitt hung out with rockers Sting and Chris Cornell at a Malibu charity event

Just before that 19 minute he also says something to the effect that for yrs he's been trying to please family and friends and people close to him and he realized one day that he needs to just be himself and if no one likes it then "they can f*ck off".

1-17 - BI is posted
1-20 - Anti Inaugural Ball (Audioslave) ( Bad Reviews)

2-6 - "Worried moon, I'm afraid of what's to come" (CC FB post)
2-22 - "Seeking a friend for the end of the World" (CC FB post video)

Valentines Day ???

February-March - CC mainly focused on The Promise

3-1 - "It's our time in the Universe and I don't mind if we're blessed or cursed" (CC FB post)

March 25th Elton John's 70th birthday party in LA (looks really thin)

4-5 - CC posts pic of him and daughter Toni at the Vatican

4-6 The Promise Premier LONDON – Toni only

4-7 POSTING DATE Sitting with my stunning wife @vickycornell at the Vatican screening of @thepromisefilm (VK glasses not looking at CC or camera)

4-7-8 Anna Vissi in Greece

4-9 - "She's going to change the world, but she can't change me" (CC FB post)
(Bainbridge states this is the time when things started to go south)

4-10 Refugee camp visit w/ VK & Toni the rocker headed to a refugee camp in Athens, Greece

4-12 - The Promise Premier LA (Vicky only no kids)

4-15 - "It's all right; it's just the end of the world" (CC FB post)

4-18 The Promise Premier New York (Unhappy family photos)

4-19 - Solo performance Jimmy Fallon (NY)

4-21 - Baltimore - Soundgarden
4-22 - Solo performance CBS This Morning (NY)
4-23 - "I may not be the keeper of the flame, but I am the keeper" (CC FB post)
4-26 - "I got up feeling so down, I got off being sold out" ( CC FB post)

4-28 - Tampa - Soundgarden
4-29 - Jacksonville FL - Soundgarden
4-30 - Ft. Myers FL - Soundgarden

5-2 - "Be Yourself - just came from...all the horrendous, stupid mistakes I've made in my personal life and wanting to be able to make up for those things....that's the one thing about getting older that's better." (CC FB post)

5-5 Soundgarden in Charlotte, N.C. ...where the bottle of Ativan came from

5-6 - Tuscaloosa - Soundgarden
5-7 - Memphis (Beale Street) - Soundgarden
Plane incident

5-8 Anniversary – no tweets

5-10 - Indy - Soundgarden
5-10 - "We spoke with Chris about playing a few Temple shows to just breathe some life into the songs we never got to play live. It felt like there was some unfinished business. " Jeff Ament" (Photo of Jeff and Chris) (CC FB post)
5-10 - Mike McCready video talking about Birth Ritual and Singles (CC FB post)
5-11 - "I laughed at love, it was a big mistake" (CC FB post)
5-12 - Council Bluff IA - Soundgarden
5-12 - Foundation goes dark
5-13 - MIL Panic Attack

5-13 - Somerset WI - Soundgarden
5-14 - Kansas City - Soundgarden (Bad reviews)
5-14 - Over the top Mothers Day tweets to VK and MIL
5-15 - CC in NY with VK
5-16 - CC in NY with VK
5-16 - "What I look forward to the most -- because I tour so much, especially the last couple of years, by myself -- is the camaraderie, It's what we missed when we weren't a band. (CC FB post video of Soundgarden guys)

5-17 -"I'm the shape of the hole inside your heart" (CC FB post Video)
5-17 -#Detroit finally back to Rock City!!! #nomorebullshit (CC tweet)
5-17 - Detroit – Soundgarden
Forgive me if this is a bit OT, but I was watching the infamous Singles Premiere Party MTV footage (looking for SG) where Eddie is super-drunk and I noticed something he said in the very beginning of State of Love & Trust...;)

"Everybody loves us, everybody loves our town"

I love that book. Super drunk Eddie is always hilarious. And then I got sucked into the drunk Eddie k-hole of YouTube.

Have a good night, everyone! :)

I was at the Singles LA premiere in 1992 and walked in right behind CC and SG. They were sweet, quiet and holding hands. I went with my LA actor friends but my Seattle band friends were there too. EV was crazy hammered and climbing sh!t with that war helmet on and actually acted like a douche. I think he got in a fight and had a scuffle with security. AIC was amazing. The Heart sisters did a couple songs.
I think that's very possible and my personal opinion is it was everything listed in that BI and 10x more and he was blindsided by it with a major tour coming up.

With his only possible "crime" being a fling or a connection to somebody whose body temp rose above freezing....She was busted, projected it all onto him and then swooped into victim mode before he could even wrap his head around it all which may have prompted a brief relapse (AIB) and that was her ticket that she ran all the way to her lawyer. She had to get ahead of the money train.....

WHY SO MANY THREADS?? So sorry if I am doing this wrong!!

I want to comment that I finally watched the AIB performance and holy sh!t CC was awful. Totally fµcked up. Behind on tempo, forgetting words. And it wasn't because of his in ears. I am having a lot of trouble believing 1) He didnt relapse. 2) Audioslave and Tom Morello thought he was fine.

InHiding

Headed for the bottom & riding you all the way
Reaction score
Reactions
27,293 30 44
Alleybux
Right now I'm just seeing this whole tragedy as an episode of Dateline: The Rock Star and the Narcissist.

Anyone here have Keith Morrison's number? He'd get to the bottom of it.

StolenPrayer

There’s no K in Soundgarden
Reaction score
Reactions
31,870 73 25
Alleybux
Oh, not doubting you at all, but is there actually proof that this happened?

(I can totally see it happening)

I think there was proof of a 2nd statement from the widder Cornell in a DPD report perhaps but of course we don't know what was said for sure in either one since we haven't seen any official statments from her other than "he's an ex addict". Please correct me if I'm wrong

CopperPipeDream

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,160 83 38
Alleybux
You know, I think she may have said she would tell the world he lied about his sobriety. He was proud of staying sober! I think she taunted him with that, along with 25 other things. She certainly has kept her word, if she did. VK sucks, fµck her.

I could absolutely see her doing so. :( And I think that's what hurts the most for me, is he had gotten sooo far and overcome sooo much and was so proud...Goddamn her.

myownprison

Reaction score
Reactions
3,261 10 2
Alleybux
Yikes! Google has the lyrics from "Your Soul Today" under that title.

You're right, Worried Moon is hard to follow. Sounds like he's lost in a way.

I referred to Worried Moon feeling like it was written with SS in mind. IMO Chris and SS were back to friends again after he realized what a douche he was for treating her so badly. Realizing that all came out of his infatuation with the b!tch VK. His eyes finally opened to VK's ways over the years and he had many regrets. It seems he has mended many of his relationships with family and friends. I would imagine when he was in Seattle he would see Lily and SS would be there. I think he shared concerns with SS on his marriage (I think VK has been threatening divorce for several years...one of her go tos for controlling) Chris and SS have a history of almost 2 decades before their divorce. I think If SS gave her opinions and concerns of the controlling K's he would have something to think about. Let's face she probably got in his face too about how could he let the Ks treat Lily so poorly. Anyway we all know there was no prenup so he would lose big time and honestly I don't think he would have cared about that. I think he just wanted to be with his kids. And isn't Moonchild about SS? Chris did say his songs Lyrics will reveal themselves in time. Again that's just my thoughts. Sorry this was so long, but every time I hear the song I think more more that this true.

InHiding

Headed for the bottom & riding you all the way
Reaction score
Reactions
27,293 30 44
Alleybux
I referred to Worried Moon feeling like it was written with SS in mind. IMO Chris and SS were back to friends again after he realized what a douche he was for treating her so badly. Realizing that all came out of his infatuation with the b!tch VK. His eyes finally opened to VK's ways over the years and he had many regrets. It seems he has mended many of his relationships with family and friends. I would imagine when he was in Seattle he would see Lily and SS would be there. I think he shared concerns with SS on his marriage (I think VK has been threatening divorce for several years...one of her go tos for controlling) Chris and SS have a history of almost 2 decades before their divorce. I think If SS gave her opinions and concerns of the controlling K's he would have something to think about. Let's face she probably got in his face too about how could he let the Ks treat Lily so poorly. Anyway we all know there was no prenup so he would lose big time and honestly I don't think he would have cared about that. I think he just wanted to be with his kids. And isn't Moonchild about SS? Chris did say his songs Lyrics will reveal themselves in time. Again that's just my thoughts. Sorry this was so long, but every time I hear the song I think more more that this true.
"...Worried Moon ... was written with SS in mind ... every time I hear the song I think more more that this true."
Me too.

Moonchild626

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
110 1
Alleybux
I remember watching a red carpet event, I can't remember if it was 2009 or 2010, where I noticed VK's eyes. Dark, evil, gone. Prior to that both seemed "happy." Maybe his supposed "relaspe" was actually him putting her in her place for once. Or she pushed until he snapped for the 1st time. I could see her holding that over his head and threatening to go public even if he just said some pretty hateful, rageful things. You know, because her being called a b¡t€h would be the end of the world to her little feelings. **Insert ginormous eye roll** Just thoughts and rambles.

Im So Tired

Narcissist Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Reactions
50,304 327 148
Alleybux
f6ca54b26983eb7064cc902a60f2074f.jpg

Is LR throwing some shade at VK? "I always have it #lookinggood"

Dear Linda,

Since it was probably your idea to have Chris buried at that circus, can you at least have Carlos keep Chris' grave #lookinggood as well? His "grieving" widow doesn't seem to give a sh!t.

rumbletone

There is the chasm and then there is the abyss
Reaction score
Reactions
118,086 552 39
Alleybux
Only thing that comes to mind is she MUST have used the children as a threat (Taking them away from him /it is them who he loved the most) amongst other things and the children finding THAT out would hurt them.

THIS!

rumbletone

Reaction score
Reactions
118,086 552 39
Alleybux
Only thing that comes to mind is she MUST have used the children as a threat (Taking them away from him /it is them who he loved the most) amongst other things and the children finding THAT out would hurt them.

THIS!

lumpyrutherford

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
13,532 30 4
Alleybux
Those aren't from the song. I think they somehow got on some sites as the lyrics to the song Worried Moon. The real lyrics are here:

Chris Cornell – Worried Moon Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

In the live videos of the song, he introduces it as a song about talking to the moon in the way that the Tom Hanks character talked to the volleyball in Castaway.

I don't follow the narrative in the song very well so it's hard to understand for me. This part made me think the song could be about SS:

"Cuz I have moved to another coast
With a new love to call my own
Maybe one day you can bathe us
In your blue light"

But then the "I dream of a ghost of a love that has died, or maybe not, but it haunts me now" - to whom is he referring? Same with the "only want me for a friend" part.

I apologize for going way off topic here, Moontale. Thank you for posting those lyrics. Loved this song since first hearing it. Made me to wonder if Chris was a fan of Hope Sandoval/Mazzy Star.

The arrangement, and and composition in Worried Moon, also something about the chords.. always reminded me a little of the song, Blue Light by Mazzy Star. Not so similar that is overtly noticeable, but a sight reminicence...And the litle nod to the Blue Light song in the last stanza of Worried Moon.

Although, I might just be projecting my own fanning of MS and Hope Sandoval onto Chris, because I love her and MS so much.

Hope you're well, Moon! xoxo

Blue Light:

Off Topic Tax: Here's Chris hugging a cat. <3

giphy.gif

Im So Tired

Reaction score
Reactions
50,304 327 148
Alleybux
They should have done it while Chris was still alive. I hate these kind of posthumous fuckery.

Then of course we have Vicky accepting on Chris' behalf which is adding to the fuckery.

Please boo this cunt off the stage like they did with Courtney

Omfg, Courtney up there drunk/tweaked/stoned as sh!t, hugging everyone and their faces are contorting. She is clueless, just like Vicky.

OT story... During the very brief time Courtney was sober, she showed up at Sky Bar in Hollywood for Halloween with what seemed like no costume, other than her makeup smeared and she looked like a wreck (like she normally does). The manager asked her, "so, you didn't dress up?" She said, "yeah, I'm me, 2 years ago! haha!" (meaning pre-"sober"). It was funny... to her...

The very next year for Halloween, Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber were dressed up as Courtney (the typical drunk version) and Kurt. Now THAT was funny!

OT tax:
3709e896a2de43b49e215cf6ffad7bd5

Last edited:

Chantal

Money can’t give what the truth takes away.
Reaction score
Reactions
20,953 46 104
Alleybux
I could absolutely see her doing so. :( And I think that's what hurts the most for me, is he had gotten sooo far and overcome sooo much and was so proud...Goddamn her.

I feel you totally - it is soul killing and heart wrenching how this woman has used his struggles for the past 14 years like a goddamn leash, cattle prod, bully whip. I've never been like those obsessed CC fans like Messy Nessy who have written 8,000,000,000 words on the Internet analyzing his life through his lyrics (I LOVE his writing & could quote him for days, but I honestly have never felt like I could see into his soul & really *know* him ffs through his lyrics) but holy fµck, how in the fµck could our SuperHero have been such the opposite from the man who wrote the lyrics for "Call Me a Dog"?!?!?

This is why when she immediately brought up the "relapsed addict" crap & said she'd fight for him, my first thought was "put your gloves on, b!tch." I realize that unlike COB, Rose Hurt, Cholo Polo, etc I never really "knew" Chris Cornell, but for some reason - and maybe I really am some insane delusional fan stuck in my teenybopper years, but I feel like I knew him better than any of that crowd.

rumbletone

Reaction score
Reactions
118,086 552 39
Alleybux
I feel you totally - it is soul killing and heart wrenching how this woman has used his struggles for the past 14 years like a goddamn leash, cattle prod, bully whip. I've never been like those obsessed CC fans like Messy Nessy who have written 8,000,000,000 words on the Internet analyzing his life through his lyrics (I LOVE his writing & could quote him for days, but I honestly have never felt like I could see into his soul & really *know* him ffs through his lyrics) but holy fµck, how in the fµck could our SuperHero have been such the opposite from the man who wrote the lyrics for "Call Me a Dog"?!?!?

This is why when she immediately brought up the "relapsed addict" crap & said she'd fight for him, my first thought was "put your gloves on, b!tch." I realize that unlike COB, Rose Hurt, Cholo Polo, etc I never really "knew" Chris Cornell, but for some reason - and maybe I really am some insane delusional fan stuck in my teenybopper years, but I feel like I knew him better than any of that crowd.

You did--

littletulip

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
56,223 145 45
Alleybux
Bainbridge mentioned that she was using his relapse as an excuse to leave him so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she threatened him with the kids as well. But I just can't shake the feeling that it was more than that. Was she holding something over his head? Accusing him of something? Threatening him?

His tox came back clean so ..... it makes no sense to me that he would react to this kind of threat with the ultimate act. I don't know...just one more WTF.

The foundation. I need to know more. I need dmiller to come back (if she wants and has info).

He'd just visited those refugees. They were spending money on renovations. The shame of the money he thought he was collecting not going where it should?? I still can't help but think it was one of *several* factors.

BEurself

Living is easy with eyes closed
Reaction score
Reactions
20,414 92 14
Alleybux
To whomever posted this article a few pages back, thank you. It's an excellent piece and it made me cry!

Growing Up with Chris Cornell

I was doing fine 'til I got to this: "We’ve grown so numb to watching our heroes die. I was surprised by my lack of surprise. I went to the gym, came home and then I wept. I wept for hours. I bawled my eyes out. It was like I being hit by a bus. It was like losing a friend."

prettygirlmj

Brooklyn Baby
Reaction score
Reactions
176,188 855 240
Alleybux
Lucille Ball's hometown in ny state did that. A hideous statue nicknamed "Scary Lucy" was installed. The locals hated it and managed to band together to have it removed. The sculptor put up a fuss but he lost, thankfully.

What nightmares are made of.

10xp-lucille2-master675.jpg

Replaced with this atrocity.

carolyn-palmer-bronze-of-lucille-ball-3.jpg

3goddess

Spicy AF
Reaction score
Reactions
85,881 515 114
Alleybux
I don't think he every got over Susan. Or losing her and Lily. Men are interesting beings...if they are ashamed they can just not face their mistakes and it could take years for them to come around. That said, I think you never really get over your first real love. Plus, Susan was with him in some very important times of his life. You just don't forget that sh!t. Sure VK was his "true love" (for when she was), but I think things went south there at the end. I think he had to face a lot of hard truth with his reuniting with SG and then his TOTD stuff. There was some mention of him coming back to Seattle often and him seeing his family/friends without VK. Hard to say since we don't know for sure, but I hope it is true. I hope he got to spend time with his mom, too. And doing the things he enjoyed doing in a place that he loved. I think VK broke his spirit.

What I found really interesting was that Susan was very involved in his funeral and given how horribly VK and her mother went after her on social media it's shocking that they even let her have a say on anything.

What we saw on social media was public, imagine what went on behind closed doors? I am also shocked that Chris stood by and let them do it. I hope he did step in because if he didn't - that isn't commendable at all. Remember TK mentioned something about Susan wanting Chris on weekends or something? I wonder wtf that was all about?

At the very least, I think CC and SS made amends.

rumbletone

Reaction score
Reactions
118,086 552 39
Alleybux

You did--

3goddess

Spicy AF
Reaction score
Reactions
85,881 515 114
Alleybux
I was doing fine 'til I got to this: "We’ve grown so numb to watching our heroes die. I was surprised by my lack of surprise. I went to the gym, came home and then I wept. I wept for hours. I bawled my eyes out. It was like I being hit by a bus. It was like losing a friend."

for me it was this:

The only silver lining I’m finding in Chris Cornell’s death is that it will finally give his work with Soundgarden the attention and reverence it deserves. It’s incredible music. It deserves to be given a harder look. It deserves to be taken seriously. They weren’t just some ‘90s grunge band. They weren’t some band who was third tier down from Nirvana and Pearl Jam. They were motherfµck!ng Soundgarden. Let me say that again, they were motherfµck!ng Soundgarden. They had motherfµck!ng Chris Cornell on the vocals, I mean have you heard that stuff? It’s unbelievable. That’s all I can cling onto now, the hope that people will actually go and listen to that music, the hope that new people will discover it and let it grab a hold of their hearts the way it did mine. So much thought and care has been put into those records. So put a Soundgarden record on, any one of them, really. Turn the volume up and rock that thing. Do it regularly, in remembrance of the man and this great gift he gave to the world.

grunge67

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,875 92 26
Alleybux
THIS.

Eta: looks like I'm a little late

Im So Tired

Reaction score
Reactions
50,304 327 148
Alleybux
The foundation. I need to know more. I need dmiller to come back (if she wants and has info).

He'd just visited those refugees. They were spending money on renovations. The shame of the money he thought he was collecting not going where it should?? I still can't help but think it was one of *several* factors.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.