Quantcast

Chris Evans Appreciation Thread Part XIX

Tillywinks

Lurker and proud
Reaction score
Reactions
177,533 3,525 1,425
Alleybux
Good! Stay away! There are just as many levelheaded people here as their are nutjobs. Being over protective of someone you don't know is just as toxic as hating them.

They are probably mad they tried some bs here and got chewed the fµck up

SealedlLips

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,990 51 7
Alleybux
I would but both pictures I have seen have his woman with him and I know how some fonts get overly aggressive towards anyone who posts even benign or innocuous things that mention her. I am not trying to deal with those kinds of fonts, so just google "Chris Evans 2024 Golden Globes" and the pictures pop up.
Point taken! I looked them up myself. Thanks for posting.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,542 30 2
Alleybux
She’s not fully wrong, but she’s not fully right.

I mean to be fair both currently active CE relationship threads are… well…
And that video is reposted by a Tumblr account because Tumblr is mental health personified (irony mode on).
I think the thing she gets wrong is that it's not "forum culture" that is the root of the problem, it's "fandom culture on the Internet" that is. The same behavior and toxicity exists on every single platform where people talk to each other about whatever it is they Stan. Comments sections on TikTok and IG aren't even immune. And that could be Political stanning, Sports stanning or Celebrity worship. Collectively, as a society, we've gone way off the deep end on all of it to varying degrees.

Some people can casually be a fan of something, watch it, talk to and meet others who are into the same thing they are and it's not an issue. Where it's an issue is when people get way more absorbed than they should be and then they seek a space to talk about it online where they find others who are the same and they sit in those silos because they are united with other people at the same level of obsession that they are and it makes them believe that they are fine and normal. Because they all stalk. It's "normal" for them but not actually normal or healthy in any way. You can't really tell them because they feel justified because there are others just like them.

I'll get off my soapbox but this stuff fascinates me from a psychological and sociologic perspective because it's rampant all over the place.

Saudade

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
62,958 2,169 584
Alleybux
Well, look who got a job:

Chris Evans, Aubrey Plaza and Margaret Qualley to Star in Dark Comedy ‘Honey Don’t!’

Margaret Qualley, Aubrey Plaza and Chris Evans will star in Honey Don’t!, the latest dark comedy from Ethan Coen and Tricia Cooke.

Honey is the latest feature from the the married collaborators. Coen, formerly one-half of the Coen Brothers duo, and Cooke last directed Drive-Away Dolls, the lesbian comedy road trip that Focus Features debuts Feb. 23.

Focus is also behind Honey, which reunites the Dolls producing team of Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner of Working Title, Robert Graf, Coen and Cooke. Qualley is also returning player from Dolls.

Coen and Cooke wrote the script, the details of which are being kept hush-hush, but it is said to have the pulpy flavor of Dolls. Sources say the story is set in Bakersfield, Calif. Qualley will play a private eye, Plaza will star as a mysterious woman, and Evans will portray the leader of a cult.

Production is due to begin late March in New Mexico.

Qualley can currently be seen in Poor Things, the fantasy drama that on Tuesday scored 11 Oscar nominations, including best picture.

Plaza starred in season two of the HBO critical darling The White Lotus and is coming off of strong reviews for her turn in My Old Ass, a coming-of-age time travel movie from Megan Park. It premiered at Sundance this week.

Evans starred in Apple’s big-budget action movie Ghosted last year as well as the medical drama Pain Hustlers. He next stars opposite Dwayne Johnson in the Amazon Christmas action comedy Red One.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Margaret Qualley, Aubrey Plaza and Chris Evans to Star in Dark Comedy ‘Honey Don’t!’

Husband-and-wife team Ethan Coen and Tricia Cooke are making their follow-up to 'Drive-Away Dolls' for Focus Features.

I guess that Ethan Frome-esque GQ interview where he was claiming to retire soon and live his life like an ornamental hermit in a Mass. suburb while making bowls and smoking bowls has been temporarily postponed. Thank you, movie gods. Good to see him working with new people in a role he hasn't done before, hopefully, nothing prevents this from going into production and making it to the big screen.

Last edited:

Kittycentral

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,610 1,664 4,327
Alleybux
This is good news, and A Cohen brother movie is never a miss!.
Plus Aubrey Plaza who he has worked with before.

This is gonna be interesting.

mylittlepony

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,994 2,833 647
Alleybux