Quantcast

Christian Alley: Whats the purpose of marriage?

2strandtwizt

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,424 486 530
Alleybux
The purpose of marriage is to get women to willingly sign up for their own enslavement. That's why weddings are marketed to look like a fairy tale.

BettyBloop

#KimFuckedMelo #KimFuckedMeek
Reaction score
Reactions
27,588 1,382 992
Alleybux
I be reading and stuff and they be saying its for ministry like how ???

Some religions don't trust a single man to be in leadership. A married man in a position of power is more trusted, respected in ministry.

As for the OP, I'll say having a life companion, ownership of that dack, starting a family, among other things.

Big Red

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
17,335 57 13
Alleybux
The purpose of marriage is for two people to become one and grow and enjoy all life has to offer. Taking the good with the bad. Helping your mate when he falls short and vice versa.

The sad thing about America it has turned Marriage into a joke. When it is suppose to be dead serious. Ex. the kardashians people marrying people just for giggles. The truth still stands today united we stand divided we fall. Two people working together in the same right direction move twice as fast as someone alone. Marriage is a lot of work and compromise but life is. So many people waste their lives fµck!ng people on a road to nowhere. but like the song just a gigalo says (When the end come they will know I was just a gigalo life goes on without me cause I ain't got nobody)

So my advice is since it is a joke stay on your path one less needless divorce

SandLee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,259 950 1,300
Alleybux
The purpose of marriage is to be a witness of christ and his bride, the church. It is not about us but him. Everything in this earth was made to glorify God and as a witness and shadow of the real thing. Earthly marriage is a witness to the union of christ and his bride which is the church.This will happen in eternity. The bible said, christ is the 2nd adam. Adam was a shadow of christ. He was made in the image of God. Eve, his bride, was taken from him. The church is taken from christ, the church is his body. Old testament is full of shadows that point to christ and are fufilled in the new testament. Anyways, marriage is definetly one of them.
The focus is not us but Jesus, an example of him throughout the earth. Of course the devil maligns and twist with divorce, gay marriage etc.

ms_micia

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
754 26 24
Alleybux
So many protections psychologically emotionally and financially by getting married. Most people don't even understand how much of a protection marriage is because society has made marriage into some sort of side show joke. But in any case, I wanted to be careful and thoughtful about what I said so I figured I'd say as little as possible. The list is long for benefits of being in a healthy marriage as opposed to singleness and ministry can be benefited greatly as well. I'll come back later with actual stats and testimonials. I have to go work now!

I be reading and stuff and they be saying its for ministry like how ???

Strv2Perfection

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
3,371 58 26
Alleybux
I didn't get married for Christian reason. I don't go to church and neither does my husband.

Financial and legal reason was my biggest drive. And I love him and wanted to be with him.

I have kids and I know for me it's easier to raise them in a 2 parent household and legally if something was to happen to him I get everything.

Before we got married he was going to work a job in the middle east and ain't no way in hell he was going to do that and we weren't married.

Sthuzie

CHOOSE YOURSELF.
Reaction score
Reactions
28,147 476 95
Alleybux
A bit of a great article from one of my favorite websites: http://www.thefulltimegirl.com/2015/07/09/marriage-may-think/

THE ONE PURPOSE OF MARRIAGE

Procreation is a wonderful gift from God, but He can fill the earth without marriage. A good marriage ought to provide companionship, but God is a superior companion to man without marriage. A man is commanded to love his wife, but God is the greatest Love beyond any love in marriage. These all are important fruits of a good marriage, but they are not individually the purpose of marriage. So what is the purpose? Ephesians 5:31 says “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.”

For what cause? For what cause does a man get married?

He tells in the verses before it:
“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it… For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.” (Ephesians 5:25,30-31)

Marriage has one purpose, and one purpose only: to picture Christ and the church. And just in case anyone tried to deny this, Paul reiterates it in the next verse: “This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.”

The church is made up of many believers who are one body (Romans 12:5), and God calls this collective body a bride. God instituted that a man take a woman to be his bride and they become one flesh, thus picturing how Christ takes the church as His bride and she is of His flesh and bone, members of His body. A union of two people of the same gender is not a picture of Christ and His bride at all, and is therefore not God’s definition of marriage. The picture is the purpose.

RebelKittzens

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,250 157 76
Alleybux
[MENTION=134889]MCraw[/MENTION] You hit the nail on the head. the role of marriage even, goes as far as the husband's job. In corporate jobs, they won't even promote an employee to leadership without that person having life outside of work AKA family. women usually get a pass because of past discrimination.