Quantcast

Christian Ladies: Is it possible to not date but still meet your husband?

AmaShamar

Marry Up or Pay Half
Reaction score
Reactions
90,787 3,047 2,003
Alleybux
I sound crazy, but I hate the idea of dating. I dont like that many men, I dont like going out with men like that. Men ask me out and 'i just dodge them. There is no initial chemistry I just dont bother. I dont see the point in wasting energy to go out with a man I know I do not want in my life.

I have my list of my traits i want my husband to have, and left it in my bible . I kind of just want to leave it to God, but do I still have to date? I really dont want to. I just want to meet my husband, and just be like mhm we doing this thang. is that even possible ?

I go to school, work, active in my community, I travel, go to parties, there are endless places for me to meet men or "the one" but do I really have to actively going on dates?

TaylorSwift

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
438 32 27
Alleybux
I knew a Christian girl that met her bf at church and she doesn't date around. It is very possible to not date and still meet your husband.

ZeeZeeblue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
350,606 16,562 14,660
Alleybux
Do you really want to get married? Maybe you should just live a single lifestyle. Nothing wrong with that. Just because you're in the Church that doesn't mean you have to have a Husband.

Selah

selah tape
Reaction score
Reactions
88,841 2,918 1,422
Alleybux
Yes. That's how I met mine and others I know have too, including me ma. We knew them before hand, were friends, had mutual friends, or were just acquaintances with good/great chemistry and honestly, this is my ideal way for a relationship to start. I can't be bothered with all the faffing around. Either this is gonna work out (through a similar mindset and goals) or it's not.

KID SISTER

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,437 11 3
Alleybux
I know some people who in their college years decided not to date and found their husband at Christian events/activities...one in particular followed a book that was about not dating written by a christian author.
they have cute little happy families

I know others who didnt date and found their husband and are divorced now.

So I think it depends on the person.

You have to know who you are and whats best for you....if you are "not dating" out of fear? Or is it something you feel God or in your heart is guiding you to do?

If you are a balanced person and have a pretty good understanding of people, relationships etc..it may work for you.

But if you have a lot of hang ups (you know if you have issues better than anyone) dating and learning may be better for you so you can grow out of some things that could be a hindrance in marriage, before you get married.

AmaShamar

Marry Up or Pay Half
Reaction score
Reactions
90,787 3,047 2,003
Alleybux
Yes. That's how I met mine and others I know have too, including me ma. We knew them before hand, were friends, had mutual friends, or were just acquaintances with good/great chemistry and honestly, this is my ideal way for a relationship to start. I can't be bothered with all the faffing around. Either this is gonna work out (through a similar mindset and goals) or it's not.

yes this is what i want, meet through friends or something...I just want great chemistry and I have not found it...

so i'm just hoping God just magically puts in my life i dont know. I dont have time for the dating a million people game...

AmaShamar

Marry Up or Pay Half
Reaction score
Reactions
90,787 3,047 2,003
Alleybux
I know some people who didnt daye and found their husband at Christian activities....theu followed a book that was about not dating written by a christian author.
they have cute little happy family.

I know others who didnt date and found their husband and are divorced.

I think you have to know who you are andbwhays best for you....if you are "not dating" out of fear? Or is it something you feel God or in your heart is guiding you to do?

If you are a balanced person and have a pretty good understanding of people, relationships etc..it may work for you.

But if you have a lot of hang ups (you know if you have issues better than anyone) dating and learning may be better for you so you can grow out of something thay could be a hindrance in marriage before you get married.

for me at least, i have been through enough heartbreak to last a lifetime. but i am not bitter about it, it just taught me to "do better" .

I just feel like dating is not for me, i just dont know how to explain it. like i just know or at least hope to know when i meet the guy i will know this is someone i can give my energy to

MISSterZ

Old Head
Reaction score
Reactions
7,324 240 172
Alleybux
how can you meet anyone if you aren't dating? are they going to magically appear?

LaBamba

Up in the clouds, me and my sheitel
Reaction score
Reactions
251,253 11,121 1,705
Alleybux
This is why most churches have singles ministry (though more often than not theyre filled with women). Most churches dont want folks out there dating, and taking the risks dating requires, they would rather you come to church and more or less get match made; all the sparks, chemistry, and fireworks might not be there but theyll do their best to see that ya'll have basic compatibility. I know quite a few couples that have met through church, and while they started stilted and awkward they developed into camaraderie, partnership, and actual love.

readysetgo303

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
335 2 1
Alleybux
I don't really know how to date ? Most of the guys I meet my age are far from Christian. I'm praying I'll just meet someone at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KID SISTER

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,437 11 3
Alleybux
This is why most churches have singles ministry (though more often than not theyre filled with women). Most churches dont want folks out there dating, and taking the risks dating requires, they would rather you come to church and more or less get match made; all the sparks, chemistry, and fireworks might not be there but theyll do their best to see that ya'll have basic compatibility. I know quite a few couples that have met through church, and while they started stilted and awkward they developed into camaraderie, partnership, and actual love.

I have gone to church my whole life...but outside of being in the choir was never an official member or involved much.

I just joined a church and the pastor is having saturdaynmorning prayer over specific groups....last Saturday was for the singles.... and it was 85% women ...and then at the end the singles ministry got up and asked people to join...there were only 3 guys...and a several girls....and I wondered if any of them have attempted dating. Your post confirmed thats what the singles ministry is for...I thought about joining but I dont know about all that. :/ lol

Who Guess

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
79 2
Alleybux
I wonder too. I think it could be possible. I don't want to date unless the guy I am with wants to marry me.

oya

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
260 6 1
Alleybux
I watched a video on youtube this girl and a guy from his church got married without even dating.I cant remember the title of it.. so yeah its possible

The Culture

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom