lisalisa2

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,298 2 11
Alleybux
reinforcement said:
A couple of notes, here. Cults look down on people who don't go to their churches. They also tend to flip when their members make decisions without their prior approval.

I think you should back up and respect his decision. He is grown.

no sweetie, i'm not in a cult, i go to a well respected baptist church... if you read my post, you'll see that i didn't say i was looking down on him. i said that i'm concerned that he just up and joined a church without observing the people and the doctrine..

Beautifulleo

Positive energy only
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
43,729 701 712
Alleybux
It is not written in stone that you two have to attend the same church even if you do get married. Just be thankful that you have a man that loves the Lord and attends church on a regular basis. Pray about it and seek the advice from the Lord. My man and I attend different churches and after church we discuss the service we attended and many times we exchange cd's of the sermon so we can share the message of that sermon with each other.

Curvy Jones

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
12,842 5 5
Alleybux
I think some people just aren't getting it.

You have to be careful where you join up. Who you allow to speak over you. What shepherd you allow yourself to be watched over by and come up under.

These two are in a serious relationship. You don't go making a big decision like that without speaking to someone who is on the road to being your spouse. What was the big impulsive rush? Did they tell him he had 7 virgins waiting in heaven for him, but only if he acted now ?

IMO her concern is his impulsive decision and not that he wants to sit up under her at HER church. Not ony that but he appears to want HER to leave HER church where SHE is comfortable and join him there. In that case, he should have waited so we could visit the services together and not effectively made a decision for the both of them.

H8GR8-1

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
5,446 2 3
Alleybux
No doubt, Lisa, you've heard the words "God speaks to each of us in His own way" at your church.
Your man's snap decision is important to keep in mind. But, so is his instant desire to have you see. He may even be looking for your opinion of the Church, its ministers, its deacons, team leaders, & ministries.
I would check it out. Perhaps your man is one of God's blessings on your life and this incident is part of His Will for you.
In any event, a closer scrutiny of whomever is impacting your loved one's life so strongly is probably a good idea.
I'd probably pray a lot for the Lord's guidance in such a situation.

bigbuttjudi

Cali Girl in a DC World
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
103,688 2,515 879
Alleybux
lisalisa2 said:
I've been attending a church that I love for over two years that has helped me grow a great deal spiritually.. My boyfriend recently moved to where I am to be with me.. He has has been really wonderful, and goes to both bible study and sunday service with me every week..

Today he had to go to another church with coworkers because he had to work this morning... He called me after the service so excited because he said he loved the church and the message lead him to become a member on the spot. He went on about how the message really made he rededicate his life to Christ...

Although I'm happy for him, I'm a little upset because I feel that he shouldn't have just up and joined another church without talking to me about it..I didn't say anything to him yet. But, I'm upset because(he didn't say this to me) but I realize that now I either have to join this church with him or continue to go to my church. If I continue to go to my church while he's at another, I feel that will bring us apart spirutally..

I don't know what to do. My mother says I should put my foot down because she says that means he doesn't have respect for me. I'm going to pray about it of course, but I'd like some other opinions on this..

i know i'm late on this one but i think you're overreacting. most women have a problem just finding a man who WANTS to go to church. i don't think it matters if he goes to your church or another church. my aunt and uncle have been married for almost 50 years and they have never gone to the same church. they get up every sunday morning and go to separate churches. but he never liked her church and vice versa. you have to go where you're comfortable and where you get the most out of it. i don't think he was being disrespectful at all.

Gillie

Ballin', enough said
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
268 3
Alleybux
let him join the church that he wants to go to. you should be glad he goes to church at all cause most men don't.

summerr

Bench Warmer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Alleybux
i would visit his new church to see exactly what he likes about it. at least you have a man who loves god and goes to church. there aren't too many out there like that anymore

my1fynass

Starter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Yeah, You Cant Be Mad At Him. You Should Feel Blessed To Havve A Man That Loves The Lorfd As You Do. And Has Found Inspiration Thru This New Church. In Most Cases Not Every Man Goes To Church. So Be Appreciative. Last But Not Least Alternate...1 Week Your Next Week His. You May Even Like His Church As Well. I Go To Different Churches With Friends All The Time. It Doesnt Mean I Am Turning My Back On The Other Ones... I Think The Lord Is Just Happy I Am There. No Matter Where It Is. Congratulate Your Man :)

hrshykiss

The One And Only
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
summerr said:
i would visit his new church to see exactly what he likes about it. at least you have a man who loves god and goes to church. there aren't too many out there like that anymore

I agree with summerr.
Also, I know a few couples that go to separate churches. They seem to be doing fine.

2BLuvd

Rookie
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
It can really work out with the two of you going to two different churches. You should visit his church and try to see and understand what touched him. The one thing that I have learned is my church is not always thee church for someone else. The very thing that drew me to my church may be the very thing that turns someone else to another. I like the idea that someone mentioned about having alternating Sundays that you both attend each other's church together. You can also alternate Bible studies. You never know his church may have a Christian Ed Class that peaks your interest. As always, pray about it. As a matter of fact once you have made a decision of how you are going to handle this; you can sit him down and tell him how you initially felt when he informed you of his decision and how you two can come together to make this new situation work. Just be glad that you have found a man that loves God as much as you do and he wants to share this experience with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom