QueeninJeans

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,093 1,066 409
Alleybux
Friend: My homeboy told me I’m getting black .. I told him F U

Me: Girl it ain’t nothing wrong with being black

Friend: I told him FU .. he the black one he was at the beach. I’m not getting black

me: ima call u back later :|

friend: okay, call me back!

why? Y’all I swear I have to deal with this shiet all the time as a DSW and I know it’s not her fault or the fault of my other light skin friends cuz of society but this is mad annoying. Like literally when this happens I question should I even be friends with ppl who say sh!t like this but other than that they are good friends.

gracie13

“I am Hippolyta! I am Hippolyta!
Reaction score
Reactions
328,109 8,179 3,883
Alleybux
Friend: My homeboy told me I’m getting black .. I told him F U

Me: Girl it ain’t nothing wrong with being black

Friend: I told him FU .. he the black one he was at the beach. I’m not getting black

me: ima call u back later :|

friend: okay, call me back!

why? Y’all I swear I have to deal with this shiet all the time as a DSW and I know it’s not her fault or the fault of my other light skin friends cuz of society but this is mad annoying. Like literally when this happens I question should I even be friends with ppl who say sh!t like this but other than that they are good friends.

Are you from the UK?

I totally understand your issue. And I truly don’t have an answer for you because it’s definitely a real issue.

QueeninJeans

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,093 1,066 409
Alleybux
Are you from the UK?

I totally understand your issue. And I truly don’t have an answer for you because it’s definitely a real issue.

no the South of the US where it’s commonplace af that’s why I try not to take it to heart bc that’s the BS ppl are raised with in the South

gracie13

“I am Hippolyta! I am Hippolyta!
Reaction score
Reactions
328,109 8,179 3,883
Alleybux
no the South of the US where it’s commonplace af that’s why I try not to take it to heart bc that’s the BS ppl are raised with in the South

When you find the solution let me know! I don’t have colorist friends. But, I have heard loved ones use stupid terms like good hair.

I remember at church someone was comparing hair textures.

Lady: This child got good hair! Why does this other one have hair like that! Her sister’s hair is better!

Child’s face::unsure:

I went off on her.

QueeninJeans

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,093 1,066 409
Alleybux
When you find the solution let me know! I don’t have colorist friends. But, I have heard loved ones use stupid terms like good hair.

I remember at church someone was comparing hair textures.

Lady: This child got good hair! Why does this other one have hair like that! Her sister’s hair is better!

Child’s face::unsure:

I went off on her.

ignorant af that’s sad. Glad u spoke up about it

Overitall

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
169,946 6,762 4,422
Alleybux
Hate it!

I reallly wish we could break off into 2 black communities, so the colorist can do them away from our future babies. Let that mess die out.

jheri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,552 11,974 331
Alleybux
if you had a nonblack friend who expressed disgust at being mistaken as part black i doubt you'd want to continue the friendship or that u wouldn't confront the person for disrespecting u & a group u belong to

why treat skin tone any differently? for me, i'd just leave her alone because no one is so important in my life that i'd tolerate disrespect or viewing me as inferior

if for whatever reason u want to continue the relationship, then i'd at least confront her over the comments. if she continued to say stuff like that, then i'd just leave the friendship alone

QueeninJeans

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,093 1,066 409
Alleybux
if you had a nonblack friend who expressed disgust at being mistaken as part black i doubt you'd want to continue the friendship or that u wouldn't confront the person for disrespecting u & a group u belong to

why treat skin tone any differently? for me, i'd just leave her alone because no one is so important in my life that i'd tolerate disrespect or viewing me as inferior

if for whatever reason u want to continue the relationship, then i'd at least confront her over the comments. if she continued to say stuff like that, then i'd just leave the friendship alone

Girl I hear suspect sh!t like this so often I guess I think every person of a lighter hue is like that. If you only knew. I could just have brown/dark skin friends I suppose but I would rather not have to accept that that is how it has to be :( idk, maybe I’ll be proven wrong in the future. Even my close family says sh!t like this.

ApolloniaSix

You Can Never Be Too Thin or Too Rich
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
33,465 2,921 2,345
Alleybux
Chyle I have so many stories like this I could write a book. It's just surprising that she said this in front of you, because lighter skin people are like white racists, when they're alone they really bring out the hate.

QueeninJeans

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,093 1,066 409
Alleybux
Chyle I have so many stories like this I could write a book. It's just surprising that she said this in front of you, because lighter skin people are like white racists, when they're alone they really bring out the hate.

it doesn’t even surprise me. I’ve heard these comments to my face from ‘friends’ ive had since elementary school. What a difference a year makes I’m not friends with this girl from my OP and I won’t deal with colorist comments anymore I call them out now. Can’t change my family but I can speak up on it if I hear it and if u don’t like it oh well

Avalanche21

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,269 654 632
Alleybux
it doesn’t even surprise me. I’ve heard these comments to my face from ‘friends’ ive had since elementary school. What a difference a year makes I’m not friends with this girl from my OP and I won’t deal with colorist comments anymore I call them out now. Can’t change my family but I can speak up on it if I hear it and if u don’t like it oh well
Good! I am happy to hear that you cut her out of your life.You don't need any negative energy around you.Life is too short.