Quantcast

UPDATE Columbus police release body camera footage and 911 calls in shooting of 16-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant

LaBahama

Mrs. Hep
Reaction score
Reactions
82,211 1,500 307
Alleybux
if she was in a foster home, it was her property, her home, her address.

you cant invite someone over to commit a crime or felony assault, and if thats what the foster mom did she needs to catch a charge.

Ok let's go with your theory she was standing her ground.
Did you watch the video ? One person miss pink was holding her dog standing by a car. The other person seem to be engaged taking to someone. They were not harming Ms Bryant.
Policeman stepped on the screen all he witnessed was a female on a rampage. He attacking people screaming I'm going to stab you.

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,781 6,745 3,209
Alleybux
It’s not her property as she does not own it . The woman who
Owned it have the right to invite people over . The only person who attempted to commit a crime was Makhia unless you have video evidence of anyone else trying to commit a crime .
Please show me evidence of a felony assault aside from
Makhia ?

there are eye witnesses, im sure the full story has been told to police.

you cant invite people over to harm somebody else thats felony assault. And if thats the case the foster mom will be catching a charge. The foster mom was Terrorizing MaKhia And should lose her license

the body cam caught the end. We dont know what happened before that. But makhia was still in the right.

MLBANKS

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,103 358 230
Alleybux
I honestly can’t believe people are seriously not talking about the police officer who shot her 4 times but the Black woman who she tried to stab . White Privilege and Supremacy is a sickness.

fiatlux

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,431 310 85
Alleybux
Above all it wasn’t Makhias property. The person whose property it was invited them over.

Pretty much. Just a small distinction.

Stand your ground applies anywhere you have a legal right to be (doesn't matter if it isn't your property or not) as long as you have a reasonable fear of imminent death or grievous bodily harm. You would have to convince the prosecutor (not to file charges) or a jury (not to convict) that your fear was reasonable.

That is distinct from the Castle Doctrine. Castle Doctrine says that if someone who has no legal right to be there is trying to forcibly enter your home or has forcibly entered your home, it is presumed that you have a reasonable fear of imminent death or grievous bodily harm. You wouldn't have to convince a prosecutor or jury that your fear was reasonable with Castle Doctrine - they are required to presume your fear was reasonable.

Of course, none of that applies as soon as the people give up their aggressive behavior towards you (fighting you or trying to forcibly enter your home) because then you have no plausible argument that you were in fear of imminent death or grievous bodily harm if they had given up the fight.

Last edited:

Dark and Lovely

Jealous of American Feet
Reaction score
Reactions
69,010 1,871 1,147
Alleybux
both sides have agreed were arguing with Ma’Kiah for three days,
No one said this but that obscure IG voice memo which must have been sent down from God.
I notice the excuse has gone from ‘she was going to get jump’ to verbal argument.
You’re not saying she deserved to get stabbed because she argued with a teen, are you?
Because that’s all we literally have proof on.

alot of people are trying to cover their tracks. Those women were bullying the girl and she had to call her dad for backup and her sis called the cops. MaKhia had every right to defend herself and STAND HER GROUND, there was a real and present threat
Just say Ma’Khia was right to try to stab that girl and go.
All of this is about justifying her attempt at murder.
Yes, killing someone over an unmade bed and messy home is right because they’re not your parent and they’re bullying you for being a slob. Death sentence.

Sherifmn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,854 27,588 4,461
Alleybux
how is it flawed?
The threat has to be imminent. You can't just go knifing someone because they threatened you an hour earlier.
there are eye witnesses, im sure the full story has been told to police.

you cant invite people over to harm somebody else thats felony assault. And if thats the case the foster mom will be catching a charge. The foster mom was Terrorizing MaKhia And should lose her license

the body cam caught the end. We dont know what happened before that. But makhia was still in the right.
The "women came over to jump the girls" narrative has already been proven false.

delicious11

Na me sabi!
Reaction score
Reactions
70,028 5,049 5,719
Alleybux
What's wrong with a child calling her father when another adult is trying to fight her?
Hmmm..... many things. This particular child was in foster care and her father but apparently only a few minutes down the road, idle and jobless, ready to show up in seconds to kick a woman in the head.

I bet this particular father has never showed up to pay child support or was even In the picture when Social Services decided to place his children in a Foster Home. Yet he can show up like a Jack in the box at a home he failed to provide for his child to fight a woman.

People have to wonder why MaKhia felt so emboldened to rush out with a kitchen knife to confront women she claims she was bullying her in her Father's presence, ignoring the commands of the Police.

Last edited:

jaceandrejones

Fighting The Golden Lords.
Reaction score
Reactions
50,228 2,024 133
Alleybux
Crazy how when black men gets shot the police is guilty already and he did NO WRONG. When a black woman or girl gets shot, assaulted it’s ...let’s wait till we get a full story. I PEEP THE DOUBLE STANDARDS FOR SURE!
Let's not act like when it comes to Black men on this site, "he did no wrong" is the usual narrative. Especially alleged victims of police shootings. Many women wait to see what the girlfriend or wife looks like before offering any sympathy. And if the woman is anything but Black? The sh!t is immediately DOA.
IMG_20200808_193815.jpg

MLBANKS

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,103 358 230
Alleybux
No one said this but that obscure IG voice memo which must have been sent down from God.
I notice the excuse has gone from ‘she was going to get jump’ to verbal argument.
You’re not saying she deserved to get stabbed because she argued with a teen, are you?

Yes, killing someone over an unmade bed and messy home is right because they’re not your parent and they’re bullying you for being a slob. Death sentence.
Yes I forgot about that what happened to she was going to get jumped by 4 people ?

WhisperAway

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
3,268 159 317
Alleybux
These responses sadden me but make sense. As a BW, the main ppl who have antagonized, bullied, harassed and got violent with me are 100% black women and they never accept responsibility for their contribution to black crime statistics.

this young lady was being bullied, threatened and more for days yet when she defended herself y’all wanna pull the race card

“she was going to fatally attack another black female “

where was their racial kinship when she was being jumped? SMH

black girl magic my ass more like black girl bµllsh!t

RIP ma’kiah

LoveScorpio9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,144 1,388 462
Alleybux
So they could not have used a taser?!? Or if you are going to shoot, just shoot the leg?!? I mean, I have no words at this point.

Why lethal force?

MLBANKS

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,103 358 230
Alleybux
So they could not have used a taser?!? Or if you are going to shoot, just shoot the leg?!? I mean, I have no words at this point.

Why lethal force?
I work in healthcare and I’ve worked in Psych hospitals . How do we break up fights when patients have weapons I. E. Knives, we obviously do not have guns and we somehow manage . I do not understand why couldn’t they have tried to grab her when the first girl fell to the ground?

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,781 6,745 3,209
Alleybux
You have to be able to defend the threat In SYG. We dont know what any of those women said Or did to the girl. Whatever happened before the cops got there was BAD. Because she had to call her father and somebody else called the police.

im sure those women were lying like a mf to the police about what happened. They are not innocent at all. And dont deserve any protection.

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,560 14,430 4,441
Alleybux

What are you talking about per the foster mother and Ma'Kiah's sister, they'd been arguing for days? You are being ridiculous.

Quote the rest of my post where I clearly state she didn't have the right to stab someone.

You guys are taking joy in this girl's death and that sh!t is DISGUSTING.

Thank you for blocking me. Lord knows that's what you should have done in the first place besides try to gaslight me. You people want to cherrypick so bad. So its okay for y'all to run with the foster mother's story but we can't acknowledge the parts where her story fits what Ma'kiah's sister said before that article was even published? So are we going with statements from each party or are we waiting on police statements? We can't do both.

Again, anyone want to go back and forth with me about sh!t I never said, insinuated, or agreed with should use their ignore feature. I'm going to piss you off every single time because you cannot gaslight or double talk me.

Last edited:

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,781 6,745 3,209
Alleybux

Well I hope those women catch a charge for Makhia murder. It was all there fault. They are idiots and took this all way too far. That didnt have anything to do with them. Classix case of minding your own mf business. And why i hope the foster mother loses her license cause she gotta be slow and doesnt need any kids around her if this is her idea of a good environment and parenting. Makhia isnt the first teenager who doesn't want to pick up behind herself and wont be the last

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,560 14,430 4,441
Alleybux
These responses sadden me but make sense. As a BW, the main ppl who have antagonized, bullied, harassed and got violent with me are 100% black women and they never accept responsibility for their contribution to black crime statistics.

this young lady was being bullied, threatened and more for days yet when she defended herself y’all wanna pull the race card

RIP ma’kiah
These grown women are really dismissing the fact that these troubled teen girls had been arguing with grown women everyday for three days straight! I don't even want to argue with another adult for 15 minutes.

So what is the narrative? That they've been arguing about a filthy room for three days straight or that they (the adults) found a problem with them everyday to constitue all that damn arguing.

These people are nuts. Get a little age on them and they forget being teens and act like some adults don't try to abuse their authority.

Evil Baby

there's no thinking on lsa, just emotion
Reaction score
Reactions
194,796 18,247 16,925
Alleybux
These people are nuts. Get a little age on them and they forget being teens and act like some adults don't try to abuse their authority.

...so it's ok to try to stab them?

Well I hope those women catch a charge for Makhia murder. It was all there fault. They are idiots and took this all way too far. That didnt have anything to do with them. Classix case of minding your own mf business. And why i hope the foster mother loses her license cause she gotta be slow and doesnt need any kids around her if this is her idea of a good environment and parenting. Makhia isnt the first teenager who doesn't want to pick up behind herself and wont be the last

You should win gold for all of the mental gymnastics you're doing.

Dark and Lovely

Jealous of American Feet
Reaction score
Reactions
69,010 1,871 1,147
Alleybux
Yes I forgot about that what happened to she was going to get jumped by 4 people ?
People are really gullible.
And she was only there for two months.
Why?
Why do they need to catch a charge?
Why does the foster mom need to lose her license?

It’s everybody fault but hers that she put a knife on someone’s neck. Is this that, ‘I was provoked’ hood law or something?

Mind her business? It’s the foster moms house. If she wants it clean, she wants it clean. Her home is her business. Anyway, is not minding your business worth attempted murder?

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,781 6,745 3,209
Alleybux

RIP ma’kiah

black people do not take bullying seriously. And its becuase alot of black people are bullies (esepcially mean, bitter angry black women.) they thought they could do whatever to Makhia and she had to take it, i hate she had to die. Those evil women are probably laughing about her death. Old miserable ho*s Picking on a teenager. Straight losers

The profound Dr. said it best, and this is something black folks dont talk about but is true all over the country

MLBANKS

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,103 358 230
Alleybux
People are really gullible.
And she was only there for two months.

Why?
Why do they need to catch a charge?
Why does the foster mom need to lose her license?

It’s everybody fault but hers that she put a knife on someone’s neck. Is this that, ‘I was provoked’ hood law or something?

Mind her business? It’s the foster moms house. If she wants it clean, she wants it clean. Her home is her business. Anyway, is not minding your business worth attempted murder?
I am hoping some of these fonts don’t have children.

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,560 14,430 4,441
Alleybux
...so it's ok to try to stab them?

You should win gold for all of the mental gymnastics you're doing.
Is it okay to act like you can't read?
Why does this have to be explained to you people? And cut the sh!t, I never said she should do anything with a knife. I have never addressed her actions because I know with my sane thinking, this didn’t have to come to her wielding a knife, however she wasn’t thinking like that and I know I shouldn’t expect her to.

Quote the rest of my post where I clearly state she didn't have the right to stab someone.

Dark and Lovely

Jealous of American Feet
Reaction score
Reactions
69,010 1,871 1,147
Alleybux
If she was successful at killing the girl in pink no one would give a rip about supposed bullying or arguments.

black people do not take bullying seriously. And its becuase alot of black people are bullies (esepcially mean, bitter angry black women.) they thought they could do whatever to Makhia and she had to take it, i hate she had to die. Those evil women are probably laughing about her death. Old miserable ho*s Picking on a teenager. Straight losers

The profound Dr. said it best, and this is something black folks dont talk about but is true all over the country

Answer the question or stop quoting me.
Is not minding your business worth being stabbed over?
Where is the proof she was bullied? I’m seeing a girl who did not like rules. She did not listen to anyone, not even the police officer.
That is what we have proof of, not this other stuff.
I see how the BLM founder fleeced y’all of 90 million. The family was caught in lies but y’all still listening to what they’re saying. Someone lies once I dismiss anything else they have to say.

Last edited:

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,560 14,430 4,441
Alleybux

she said it best, and this is something black folks dont talk about but true all over the country

If I'm not mistaken, there was a trending thread about older women being jealous of young black women's youth. This was posted around the time Ma'Kiah's death occurred.

We can't begin to talk about black girl's feelings until we hold older black women accountable. Some black people really believe they have free reign to disrespect black children just off the strength of them being adults and that is not okay.

LaBahama

Mrs. Hep
Reaction score
Reactions
82,211 1,500 307
Alleybux
I really believe some of yall rode the short bus. I hope that if this situation was to happen to any of you the officer just tase the person.
Never mind tasers are too excessive tasers can kill you if you have a heart condition. I hope the officer just takes out his flash light and flashes it in the eye of the aggressor.

relaxbabe

go cry about it
Reaction score
Reactions
44,216 3,180 1,922
Alleybux
If I'm not mistaken, there was a trending thread about older women being jealous of young black women's youth. This was posted around the time Ma'Kiah's death occurred.

We can't begin to talk about black girl's feelings until we hold older black women accountable. Some black people really believe they have free reign to disrespect black children just off the strength of them being adults and that is not okay.
I will go as far as to say this applies to women of every race but in regards to this situation... I don't believe that's applicable and that's all I'm gonna say on that lol

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,560 14,430 4,441
Alleybux
I will go as far as to say this applies to women of every race but in regards to this situation... I don't believe that's applicable and that's all I'm gonna say on that lol
I know it applies to everyone but I'm staying in context with the post I'm quoting. I care about the wellness of black children and us keeping healthy relationships across generations.

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,781 6,745 3,209
Alleybux

i missed that thread. I will check it out. Alot of black women lead miserable lives and take it out on everyone around them. There was no reason for these grown ass women to be going at it with a high schooler. Its literally the lamest thing i have heard in a long time. And they need to be held accountable

Habit2Break

Fairest and Wisest of the
Reaction score
Reactions
20,422 1,294 623
Alleybux
I honestly can’t believe people are seriously not talking about the police officer who shot her 4 times but the Black woman who she tried to stab . White Privilege and Supremacy is a sickness.
And this statement here lies at the heart of what is plaguing the black community. And why our communities will continue to be a constant domain for rage, violence, pain, inner hatred and trauma.

Yes we must stay focused on keeping the police, and racist of other communities accountable and at bay. But at the same time we can't continue to ignore the brutalities we commit against each other that causes us to have to call the police to our neighborhoods and homes to protect us from one another.

The statement above shows how many are willing to excuse the black against black violence because it doesn't fit a certain narrative. They say they care about black lives but are complacent when witnessing violence between blacks, it's just another day in the hood. If one truly cares about black lives then you should be caring about those lives being lost or traumatized by other blacks and not just the ones lost to those of another race.

Last edited:

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,781 6,745 3,209
Alleybux
And this statement here lies at the heart of what is plaguing the black community. And why our communities will continue to be a constant domain for rage, violence, pain, inner hatred and trauma.

Yes we must stay focused on keeping the police, and racist of other communities accountable and at bay. But at the same time we can't continue to ignore the brutalities we commit against each other that causes us to have to call the police to our neighborhoods and homes to protect us from one another.

The statement above shows how many are willing to excuse the black against black violence because it doesn't fit a certain narrative. They say they care about black lives but are complacent when witnessing violence between blacks, it's just another day in the hood. If one truly cares about black lives then you should be caring about those lives being lost are traumatized by other blacks and not just the ones lost to those of another race.

well said! We have to get the the root cause! The police shooting was a symptom of something much bigger.

EyezWideShut

Deutschland- "Das Land der Dichter und Denker"
Reaction score
Reactions
120,146 9,942 9,689
Alleybux
Did anyone else notice this person in the white shirt come from behind the side of the car or out of the car right before the officer started to shoot?

20210423_231808.png

supagirl

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
32,618 707 178
Alleybux

RIP ma’kiah
What are you talking about? Where is the video of her being jumped? She WAS going to stab another black female. It's in the video. Where's the racial kinship for her? She's black too.

MLBANKS

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,103 358 230
Alleybux
The statement above shows how many are willing to excuse the black against black violence because it doesn't fit a certain narrative. They say they care about black lives but are complacent when witnessing violence between blacks, it's just another day in the hood. If one truly cares about black lives then you should be caring about those lives being lost or traumatized by other blacks and not just the ones lost to those of another race.
You are correct a lot of fonts are justifying Makhia trying to stab another Black person and Blaming her for her death. You are absolutely correct. It’s ok to commit Black on Black violence that’s what a lot of fonts here are justifying . Thank you ! See how that works bc that’s exactly what is going on here. I am not even sure why you quoted me just to repeat what I’ve been saying throughout this thread. That’s weird but thank you for agreeing with me.

Last edited:

Copperqueen19

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,910 211 49
Alleybux

ALL OF THIS!! We have got to get it together as a community, or these events will keep occurring week after week. It's so sad to look at our strength, progress, and advancement as a community in the 1950s-1970s, and then look at us today. Like another font said, if we don't come together and address and confront our community issues, then we just need to separate ourselves from one another via class, like other races do.

EmeraldStar

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,671 612 77
Alleybux
The problem with people and this case is sooo many people are trying to figure out the specifics of what happened BEFORE the police arrived... in all reality that DOES NOT MATTER!

What matters is what happened when they got there, the police respond to a disturbance of a 911 call(that includes someone trying to stab another person with a knife)...the police pull up and DONT see this so they DONT REACT AGGRESSIVELY, he simply gets out and asks ‘what’s going on.’ With him literally being there out of his patrol car for 5 seconds..lady in the pink approaches the officer to talk and a fµck!ng FIGHT BREAKS OUT with a GROWN MAN stomping on a WOMAN/GIRL, and the victim following suit, which the officer then screams for her to stop or people to get down...this is STILL WITHIN 15 seconds or so..within that time he SEES A KNIFE IN HAND, and the victim LUNGING TO STAB...at minimum 10-15 feet away from him. And let’s not forget that he also is literally there so he HEARS her say she’s about to STAB someone...and is milliseconds away from doing so...at this point where 20 seconds into the cop pulling up on scene..

Did he know who called? No
Did he know who was the aggressor? No
Did he know details? No
Dis he know age of anyone around? No
Did he know that the victims father was there? AGAIN NO!
Did he know WHO was ‘supposedly trespassing?’ NO

HOW tf was he supposed to find any of this out when someone comes out wielding a knife?
He did his job, which was to PROTECT...
REGARDLESS if the victim called the cops, REGARDLESS of ANYTHING happening BEFORE he got there.

THIS IS WHAT HE SAW AND THIS IS WHAT HE ACTED ON

There was no chance for him to de-escalate or figure out the issue before hand. And this is not his fault.
Had the victim been standing at the door with a knife in hand and was shot? Sure! All wrong..this is not the case.

Do you know how many disputes happen and the wrong person is charged Bc they’re acting a mf fool when the cops show up?

It happens every fµck!n day..black AND white.
NOBODY who wants to be seen as a VICTIM is going to be actively trying to harm someone in front of the police!

4 shots may seem aggressive to some, but not to me. Atleast 2 are called for when you’re meeting DEADLY FORCE.

its sad she’s a child, but it even SADDER that she was in foster care and none of her family members could be there to take her in!
This case is exhausting and fµck!ng sad. And I honestly feel drained from debating with people. But I’m pro fµck!n black and I have police in my immediate family that I debate with every fµck!ng time something comes up with black people being killed.

This is not one of those cases...and I still feel bad that a young black girl was killed, regardless of circumstances

Last edited:

Realer26

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,068 893 1,750
Alleybux
Can we at least acknowledge that it was irresponsible to allow the adults to argue and fight with the teenage girls? Can we at least acknowledge that this isn’t the environment children should be in? Can you at least take that comment and see how it does align with what the girls’ older sister was saying?

Grown women shouldn’t be arguing with children and I don’t care what they’re arguing about.
Sure. Then we must also acknowledge that (1)her biological family failed her
(2) the adults that showed up to "beat ass" could've also diffused the situation
(3)that M'kiah was on the cusp of adulthood and choose to go down the path of violence (per family tradition)
(4) that adults who go against the grain of what she's accustomed (i.e woman in pink) make the difference for the better
(5)that "children" ( if that's what we want to pretend she was) should respect adults

miss chief

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
219,870 12,104 8,065
Alleybux
What are you talking about? Where is the video of her being jumped? She WAS going to stab another black female. It's in the video. Where's the racial kinship for her? She's black too.
Exaxtly. Makiah WAS the bully and she was on the verge of going to juvi if she did stab that woman. I dont see why people are still justifying her actions. There is zero evidence outside of her scamming ass relatives who had a GoFundMe before her body was cold that Makiah was being bullied. We were also told Makiah was the one who called 911. That isnt true either. Their GoFundMe got pulled for a reason. They lied about almost every detail and gave the opposite of the real story.

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,560 14,430 4,441
Alleybux
Sure. Then we must also acknowledge that (1)her biological family failed her
(2) the adults that showed up to "beat ass" could've also diffused the situation
(3)that M'kiah was on the cusp of adulthood and choose to go down the path of violence (per family tradition)
(4) that adults who go against the grain of what she's accustomed (i.e woman in pink) make the difference for the better
(5)that "children" ( if that's what we want to pretend she was) should respect adults
She was a child being at the cusp of adulthood doesn't make her an adult. I agree with majority of your points, I agree that ALL of the adults in her life failed her. I'm not going to argue with you about respect because no self respecting adult would even fix their mouths or waste their time arguing with a child for multiple days.