Quantcast

Coming to America 2 Official Discussion thread

StarSheen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,118 920 949
Alleybux
It was disappointing of course...I was lightly tickled tho...

Wesley Snipes is HILARIOUS:joy:

The funniest part to me was xesual Chocolate..OMG!...still TRRBLE after all these years :joy::joy:

Last edited:

TDiva

Chicago Demon
Reaction score
Reactions
279,054 6,444 4,267
Alleybux
All I expected was it would be funny and it was.

Eddie brought a lot of people back and a lot of people got checks.

I liked Leslie's role. She looks so much better with hair, goodness. She did a great job.

It was better than I expected and Randy Watson still got it!!!

Eddie did a good job still being able to play all those roles.

This was like a family reunion.

Why can't people just enjoy something for what it is, not what you want it to be.

Chip

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,969 477 61
Alleybux
I kept rewinding every time Wesley entered and left the room lol. I was on the floor when I realized how he danced/scooted OUT the door. It was so darn silly you can't help but laugh.

And I usually can't tolerate Leslie but much to my surprise she stole the show. When she told Eddie he was about to get the whole slice of pumpkin pie and fanned her cooch over the candle I died lol.

I never was a Tracy Morgan fan and I'm still not but he wasn't as insufferable as expected. He's just not funny to me but he wasn't as overboard.

And oh goodness, He's leaving on that midnight train from Zmunda lol.

Riggosuave

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
It was a terrible cash grab, had a few chuckles in the second half.

Teyana Taylor was lookin good for the minute or two she was there.

AndroidChick

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,877 628 37
Alleybux
I was so disappointed with this movie. It was unimaginative, slapstick, and had the gall to not be funny the majority of time. I don't know why they had to make Leslie and her son's character so ignorant. Like, they have never been anywhere before. So much of Leslie's character was acting uncouth and like she ain't never seen a man before. The playing down Akeem being drugged too. The overall clicheness. Why tease in a theme of sexism
but, not really develop it? there were too many plot threads. I'm glad Meeka took the throne but her brother could've enjoyed life in NY with Zamunda money

Also, the whole scene where Akeem's son explains how white people get a leg up in society??? Who is your audience? Black people already know this. That whole, dragged out scene reminds me of books meant to give teachable moments to white readers.

Someone else should've pinned the script, or another draft should have been done to tighten the writing. There were some good ideas, but they were poorly executed.

PROs
+ the daughters
+ the random Black Panther fight scenes
+ seeing John Amos again
+ the gorgeous, colorful clothing
+ Teyana Taylor's entrance (minus the music and random rapping)
+ Lavelle's rushed love story

Last edited:

BossladyMAED

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,228 79 9
Alleybux
I thought it was entertaining and I am glad it didn't suck as much as people said it did. It was a feel good movie and it made me happy. Everybody is a critic. You make a movie then!!!!

Last edited:

Epitope

Antigenic Determiner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,415 2,150 396
Alleybux
I took the movie for what it was. Hurried slapstick with a contrived plot. It was still entertaining to me. Moved quickly.

I loved the Baba character and seeing Trevor (Tototsi) in a fro was a hoot.

Lexus2021

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,747 1,101 299
Alleybux
I am watching the movie now and it’s cheesy and somewhat all over the place, but not bad. It’s actually quite funny. The original was a feel good movie with cohesiveness, but still cheesy as well. I think a better plot for the movie would have been to have the oldest daughter attend college in America. She falls in love with an American and Eddie Murphy and his wife travel back to America to meet the boy and his relatives. Then they have a big wedding in Zamunda and they could include that the marriage even produced a male heir.

Last edited:

A.L.I.

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,774 2,278 784
Alleybux
A lot of people are just lying in here. This was BAD.

Any movie Eddie Murphy has done after dr. lootittle has been awful.

this was a tragic Disney movie at best. And a terrible faux black Panther at worst.
It did look very Disney. The cinematography was strange and glowy.

A.L.I.

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,774 2,278 784
Alleybux
I will say I don't understand the bather scene. Lavelle was 30. Why would he run to his mom when he found out those women wanted to bathe him? He didn't need her permission and it's not like he was a virgin. He was a 30 year old man acting as if he was 15. I wish they cut that scene out. It added nothing to the story and also made the censoring and pg-13 rating more noticeable. The original bathers were basically nude on top in the first one. They were covered in this one.

Zuri Arie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,078 3,241 688
Alleybux
watching It now

do not like the son and Tracy Morgan..

this movie could’ve been a lot better.

i also thought the youngest daughter was LeBron’s daughter Zhuri James.

the oldest daughter is gorgeous!

Jsolidus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
103,847 5,402 5,380
Alleybux
Just seen this. No where near as good as the first. The first made a impact this is.... A cash grab and a attempt at memory lane. This won't make an impact like the first. But it was nice to see some of the best black actors on one movie!

It could of been better if it wasn't so damn predictable, fast paced and at times corny.

When the prince married the baber women, it was a bit irritating. They only spoke twice and kissed and now they want to get married. Corny and tried to hard to be like the first. Lisa and the prince story was a lot more convencing.

I wish the story was stronger like the first. I had a feeling the storyline was going to be weak so I'm not that surprised

But the ending saved it for me. They made the daughter queen and I'm glad because the son was a moron. Randy jackson made an appearance.

I did like how everyone was in this damn movie. That's was the best part.

Last edited:

BeamMeUpThotty

It's the LiTtLe ThInGs
Reaction score
Reactions
56,325 3,391 303
Alleybux
I just saw this movie. Corny and cringey af. So terrible.

Wtf they had on Wesley Snipes head?

That circumcision scene was cringey and didn't make sense. And who was that old lady and why was she there and so scary looking? They shouldn't've had her in there.

That part where Jaffe decided he was gonna die was so damn corny. Lmao. How you gon decide when it's your time.

I agree with the other fonts that said there were too many plots going on. The son premise was trash. I didn't finish the movie. I had about 30 min left. But if the daughter was gonna end up being queen, from what I read, they could've just focused on the daughters and kept the son plot out of it.

Also the plot of Akeem being drugged and raw dogging Leslie Jones character didn't make sense with the original film plot. Like they just made that sh!t up so he could have a son.

That bit with the son and the white interviewer was a bit predictable and unnecessary like a font mentioned upthread. And pointless. Like woo you really told whitey off there. Like the writers didn't make any use for that moment. Ig it was to show the sons struggle to find a job, but what was the point in him being fake and putting on his "White voice" just to tell him off? And was the interview asking him about not growing up with a dad supposed to be funny or something? Because it wasn't and also was pointless uncomfortable.

All that singing was out of place and corny.

Teyanna taylor looked good. Everybody was in that damn movie. Except for Darryl and Patrice, and I'm sure the actors are glad they didn't come back now.

They hardly spent any time in america. I agree that Akeem revealed himself way too soon, and should've tested his son while in america.

Omg the lion scene was so damn corny. I know bamboo is strong but come on now. Like the lion couldn't have just flipped that cage over and mauled him. And why he kept purposing waking up that CGI lion.

Jackiefoxybrown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,123 2,225 361
Alleybux
Let's thank our lucky stars they did not find a way to put a Kardashian or Cardi B in this, because they had so many random characters, that would not have surprised me.
I think the movie was okay, I thought it was going to be better.
It actually made me nostalgic for the Part 1, which I watched immediately after this one.

Jackiefoxybrown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,123 2,225 361
Alleybux
Yes...the palace is actually Rick Ross mansion. I wished they used the same setting because this current one looks so dark and small and not so airy but I enjoyed it. The costumes were the main star. But too many extras to see any of my friends who were in it.
I just got thru watch the first C2A and I like that one better because it looked more put together and so regal and elegant.
I still like the second becuz its was nice to see how everyone looked after 30 years. Could have dealt without the extra ratchet Queens family...that could have been toned down.
RIP to Queen Aolione.
you've probably watched it by now, but me and the wife just finished it and it was incredibly disappointing.

wesley snipes was the funniest character. when I was trying to describe why it was medicore at best, what I came up with is that this is a movie with eddie murphy, arsenio hall, tracy morgan. and whos the funniest actor in it? Wesley Snipes.

i tried not to get my hopes up, and i didnt, but im still disappointed. especially after dolemite was so good.

some people in this thread are saying the movie is good, and i have a question to ask anyone saying it: i can watch the first coming to america over and over again, can you say the same about this one?

i wont say it was awful, but im not going to call it good either, because it wasn't.
Wesley Snipes definitely stole the show, Tiana's role was surprisingly a bit underwhelming. I say this because her image or persona comes off so flamboyant.
Also, did Garcelle have a line?

Jackiefoxybrown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,123 2,225 361
Alleybux
You noticed too! Arsenio and Eddie were on the Jimmey Kimmel show a couple of nights ago, and I was shocked and how feminine he looked !

It has some funny parts but Arsenio Hall's lady face is distracting
Lol. I don't get it. I really didn't notice anything alarming in his appearance. I'd have to watch again. Is he wearing make-up or transitioning?

Jackiefoxybrown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,123 2,225 361
Alleybux
I was embarrassed for the actress when when came on and started hoping on one foot and looked a mess while doing it. So sad.
I know. Vanessa is a great actress and that's the best they could come up for her? That was the only scene that made me wince.

Jackiefoxybrown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,123 2,225 361
Alleybux
I did not make the connection that the actor who played the prince was the same comedian I saw on Rupaul's Drag Race as a guest.
image.jpeg

Jackiefoxybrown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,123 2,225 361
Alleybux
What is the name of the country Wesley is from again in the movie? I just kept thinking it sounded like a pharmaceutical company instead of an African country.

SeekSolitude

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
135,639 5,288 2,697
Alleybux
Just watched this.

Movie so bad it’s comical. And Eddie and the colorism angle is so played. He hates darker skinned Black women.

Part of why the movie sucks is it still relies on old tired tropes. Too bad because the cast was good.