Comparing your Life & Social Media

Zebracake

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,837 789 179
Alleybux
Good evening everyone ,

I know comparison is the thief of joy, but I’m sure some of us could use some extra nudges to stay away from doing so.

drop your quotes/gifs/knowledge ,and let’s build each other up a little bit
DBCA6759-6410-4765-A944-3268460FD630.jpeg

sunburnt

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,919 1,042 503
Alleybux
Look to God. Learn his scripture & word.

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be." - Matthew 6:19

That said, there isn't a single thing on this earth that can make you happier than the everlasting love of God. Humans are never satisfied. We always want to stroke our flesh and feel good through external things...that all have an expiration date. This generation specifically has an extreme problem with projecting images of 'success' to inspire envy & lust by others & prizing success in the form of social media numbers. Those things don't lead to happiness. The minute someone gets 100 likes on something - they are happy for a moment then want 101, then 150, then 200. It's never enough because we cannot feed our souls alone. You could be here today and gone tomorrow. Will it have mattered how many people commented on your selfie? Think about it.

I tell you this because I deal with the same thing. My life changed since making the decision to follow Christ & the word of God. Yes, there is still the temptation to keep count of how many likes I get, how 'pretty' I look in a picture and comparing myself to others, but the true word of God always humbles me and gently refocuses me on what truly matters in this life and the next.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
6,579 185 199
Alleybux
I like to keep it simple so I'd say that if you weren't feeling sad and then you went on social media and you started feeling worse about yourself, and this is not a one off but a constant thing, maybe the smart thing should be to stop going there altogether. (y)

SheCold89

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
136,559 11,717 2,555
Alleybux
I’d say deactivate and focus on yourself and plan a getaway. I’ve started getting cute for myself and not to post a selfie and it’s liberating. Fall off the grid and come back with a glow up and some wins like....

giphy.gif

Last edited:

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,527 494,807 222,814
Alleybux
Social media is full of women with faces and bodies I wish I had, yet, when I'm out on the street, it's rare and damn near never happens that I'm thinking, "I wish I looked like that!"

Similarly, Twitter is full of relationship preachers and what you should and should not deal with, and how you should never settle, yet these same people have children with four different people. Or with dudes that think paying for a manicure for a woman thinks she's a gold digger. Miserable ass people.

Same with the hustle mentality. Why everyone talk about hustling 24/7, not having a 9-5, not needing college degrees to succeed, yet they still running ppp loan schemes and living with their cousin?

Saweetie and Quavo was everyone's "goals" couple, then all this stuff came out, yet they still caping for these "perfect" celeb couples.

Social media can be a useful tool for certain things, but unless it's helping you get your pockets up, it does more harm than good.

Dillan Havoc

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,637 229 342
Alleybux
Look to God. Learn his scripture & word.

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be." - Matthew 6:19

That said, there isn't a single thing on this earth that can make you happier than the everlasting love of God. Humans are never satisfied. We always want to stroke our flesh and feel good through external things...that all have an expiration date. This generation specifically has an extreme problem with projecting images of 'success' to inspire envy & lust by others & prizing success in the form of social media numbers. Those things don't lead to happiness. The minute someone gets 100 likes on something - they are happy for a moment then want 101, then 150, then 200. It's never enough because we cannot feed our souls alone. You could be here today and gone tomorrow. Will it have mattered how many people commented on your selfie? Think about it.

I tell you this because I deal with the same thing. My life changed since making the decision to follow Christ & the word of God. Yes, there is still the temptation to keep count of how many likes I get, how 'pretty' I look in a picture and comparing myself to others, but the true word of God always humbles me and gently refocuses me on what truly matters in this life and the next.
Glory!!!

MissMal

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,524 1,377 317
Alleybux
"Everything that glitters isn't gold!" I sometimes feel down that's why I only have my LOA/Manifestation IG with inspirational quotes.

I logged onto my other personal IG and saw an old high school/college associate looking pretty with over 900+ likes and I got discouraged because I feel like it is taking me forever to build up my social media presence but at the same time it's just IG.

I'm plotting like @SheCold89 said. I'm falling off the grid for a while and will pop back up with an extreme life glow up.

Dillan Havoc

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,637 229 342
Alleybux
I’d say deactivate and focus on yourself and plan a getaway. I’ve started getting cute for myself and not to post a selfie and it’s liberating. Fall off the grid and come back with a glow up and some wins like....

giphy.gif
Ok! And I wake up, read my devotional, pray for everyone. Work, meet with my personal trainer, eat right and have good credit. I'm stepping out of covid slim-trim-and light-skin. This was just a think piece. Where you at? Are you single?

Dillan Havoc

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,637 229 342
Alleybux
"Everything that glitters isn't gold!" I sometimes feel down that's why I only have my LOA/Manifestation IG with inspirational quotes.

I logged onto my other personal IG and saw an old high school/college associate looking pretty with over 900+ likes and I got discouraged because I feel like it is taking me forever to build up my social media presence but at the same time it's just IG.

I'm plotting like @SheCold89 said. I'm falling off the grid for a while and will pop back up with an extreme life glow up.
#metoo

Dillan Havoc

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,637 229 342
Alleybux

And social media can never validate you. I'm sure you are beautiful. To thyself be true.

Dillan Havoc

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,637 229 342
Alleybux
Social media is full of women with faces and bodies I wish I had, yet, when I'm out on the street, it's rare and damn near never happens that I'm thinking, "I wish I looked like that!"

Similarly, Twitter is full of relationship preachers and what you should and should not deal with, and how you should never settle, yet these same people have children with four different people. Or with dudes that think paying for a manicure for a woman thinks she's a gold digger. Miserable ass people.

Same with the hustle mentality. Why everyone talk about hustling 24/7, not having a 9-5, not needing college degrees to succeed, yet they still running ppp loan schemes and living with their cousin?

Saweetie and Quavo was everyone's "goals" couple, then all this stuff came out, yet they still caping for these "perfect" celeb couples.

Social media can be a useful tool for certain things, but unless it's helping you get your pockets up, it does more harm than good.
Not the PPP loan scam!!! Lol and you have to be your best you for you. I used to model (professionally) not for social media. God DoD don't like ugly, and he ain't to fond of pretty. Looks fade (for some). The goal is to love thyself. Like Jesus.

Voicemail

Leave A Message After The Tone...
Reaction score
Reactions
7,077 101 40
Alleybux
A lot of this internet sh!t is fake as fµck. I really do recommend taking an internet detox for this reason.

Last edited:

IrisOsiris

Last friday night
Reaction score
Reactions
101,862 3,302 3,198
Alleybux
Good evening everyone ,

I know comparison is the thief of joy, but I’m sure some of us could use some extra nudges to stay away from doing so.

drop your quotes/gifs/knowledge ,and let’s build each other up a little bit
View attachment 2474349
why's it so hard to just not compare? look at the women you see, appreciate their beauty (or their fabulous editing skills, tee hee), and just move on. You already know most of these women don't look like that in real life, so i don't understand what there is to feel bad about.

Majestic Queen

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,159 56 1
Alleybux
First things first, social media is NOT REALITY. People will post their best representation of self, accomplishments, pictures but all this can stem of external validation (the need of likes, retweets and attention period).

Try to focus on your life goals, mental health, etc. because self-development and improvement is key in life. It doesn’t matter how others portray their lives on social media because you have your life to live.

Last edited:

Serenityy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,629 4,254 3,133
Alleybux
Look, if it's that bad, then just delete all of your social media. I've never been a big SM person anyway. I deleted all of mine 8 years ago. Shoot I'm rarely on LSA either. Besides, you get a lot more work/goals done without the distraction of everyone's online facades.

Zebracake

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,837 789 179
Alleybux
why's it so hard to just not compare? look at the women you see, appreciate their beauty (or their fabulous editing skills, tee hee), and just move on. You already know most of these women don't look like that in real life, so i don't understand what there is to feel bad about.
....let’s be real regardless of the answer I give, would it really matter to you ? Just move on to a new thread lol cuz other people seem to get what I meant

SheCold89

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
136,559 11,717 2,555
Alleybux
Ok! And I wake up, read my devotional, pray for everyone. Work, meet with my personal trainer, eat right and have good credit. I'm stepping out of covid slim-trim-and light-skin. This was just a think piece. Where you at? Are you single?
Everything else cool but that good credit can put you in the game fr! Lol #priorities

MissMal

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,524 1,377 317
Alleybux
And social media can never validate you. I'm sure you are beautiful. To thyself be true.
Not to toot my own horn but I believe I am lo! Sometimes I get down that I don't have a substantial amount of followers mainly due to my lack of interaction during my college years. But I gotta realize that that doesn't equate to money or success. So many people with millions of followers broke as hell but flexing on the gram.

GigiLaMoore

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
149,259 1,871 1,040
Alleybux
Once I got off of fb (never was a big user of other platforms except for political Twitter), I found I didn't need inspirational quotes so much.

BeamMeUpThotty

It's the LiTtLe ThInGs
Reaction score
Reactions
56,324 3,391 303
Alleybux
The only one I used to go on was Facebook. And it was really disconnected and boring. Sometimes it be seeming like a bunch of ppl arguing with themselves lol.

Issawifenow

MyPrincess
Reaction score
Reactions
233,993 13,259 7,884
Alleybux
Life isnt easy for anyone no matter what it looks like
Remember that
Only thing you can do is strive for your best get your education put in the experience and the money will come trust me

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,483 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
LSA also can be toxic in this regard. It seems like everybody on this site claims to be super rich, fabulous, connected, globe trotting, flewed out, permed out, etc. but it's likely just all smoke and mirrors.

Tenochtitlan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,491 6,779 5,824
Alleybux
I always remember Yung MA line, "You got likes but you ain't got no wealth". Also, sometimes if a person is always doing well and traveling, I notice they don't get as many likes. Depending on your age group once you're 30+ baby pictures and family pictures get the most likes. Also, likes do not translate into real relationships. I really don't get to concern with likes because it's so fickle. Someone can get a like for a booty picture then turn around and make a post about how sad there are and they get no responses and no likes.