Quantcast

UPDATE Confirmed HTGAWM Renewed for season 6, what are your hopes ?

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,960 5,786 517
Alleybux
Its been renewed.

Laurel Castillo’s whereabouts won’t remain a mystery, after all: ABC has renewed How to Get Away With Murder for a sixth season, TVLine has learned.

An episode count for Season 6 was not announced.

Murder fans will now get some closure on the Feb. 28 season finale, which concluded with Karla Souza’s Laurel and her son going missing, possibly because of Laurel’s unscrupulous family members.

“The fans might think that Laurel disappeared of her own accord, or that maybe Laurel was abducted by her family in some way, or killed,” Souza told us at the time. “Those are two avenues that could very well be plausible because of Laurel’s constant fear of having Christopher in this world.”

I guess we need to know why Laurel' family is responsible for everything and meet Gabriel's mom.
tenor.gif

If true then I'm happy for Viola but not excited in any way. After they killed Wes the show was never the same.The relationship/ story lines between Annalise and Wes truly anchored the show. Focusing on characters no one cares about and having your lead suffer consistently ruined the show. Not to mention Pete's habit of making up the plot as he goes along.

Last edited:

bamfffffffffffffff

moving to lurk mode
Reaction score
Reactions
72,296 913 388
Alleybux
I haven't watched S5 yet but I was honestly expecting this. I honestly couldn't see the show going past 6 seasons.

LeoEnergy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,138 1,191 1,856
Alleybux
Yea the showed died when Wes died.

And everyone went to get regular jobs...it was so boring after that...

Starlite

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,585 511 44
Alleybux
If it's true, I hope it's the last season. This show isn't what it used to be.

Eternal Love

Renewing my Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
9,211 73 30
Alleybux
That's good. You could tell that the fifth season was hinting at Annalise wrapping this chaotic sh!t up soon with Eve telling her to settle down and that white man that's her boss confronting her on her "ways". This last season should be the end all be all where if everything is burning down, Annalise will be the last one standing and ride off into the sunset free from the burdens of her lifestyle (hopefully, lol). I will always say this show's biggest mistake was killing off Wes. The reasons were stupid (I still don't fully understand why he had to be killed off when he was killed off). I mean what show kills off someone that is your second most important character and has two whole seasons dedicated to their backstory without developing the other characters!? It was sh!tty timing to kill off Wes as the other characters from the Keating 5 do not hold a candle to Wes. Sorry not sorry. It is good that this show is wrapping up because they've exhausted their plot points since they refuse to fully develop their other characters.

sevenof8

Coach
Reaction score
Reactions
144,093 3,874 1,557
Alleybux
I hope this is the final season because Shondra Rimes destroyed the show.

Just like Shonda did Scandal; she really can't let black women be great. Queen Viola is so much better than this. I hope Viola and her husband create a science fiction mystery with an all black cast - I think it would be amazing.

Last edited:

stubborn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,854 11,419 18,059
Alleybux
The show got so bad that I forgot it even existed. This thread just reminded me of it though. I'm probably a whole season behind and will binge watch since nothing else is on, but the quality of the show definitely decreased when Laural and Wes got together bc it just didn't seem believable, and then it really went down hill after he died.

Nubiacoco

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
230,020 6,708 1,067
Alleybux
They just need to bring Wes back at this point a la Bobby Ewing lol.
That's the only thing that would save the show.

AmIRight

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,387 2,047 682
Alleybux
This show had so much potential, but the writing screwed it up. Viola and Aja deserve a better show.

I would like to see a mystery/horror/thriller television show with Black women leads, but I want to see on a streaming service that can put some money into it.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,960 5,786 517
Alleybux
If this is the last season, they better wrap it up well with good writing
Its officially been renewed. No word on a episode count or if this is the final season. I don't expect the quality to change but I hope Famke comes back.

Creole Praline

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,612 1,976 1,218
Alleybux
I miss the watch threads. They used to be fun until it became 10 things I don’t like about Laurel. I mean, I get it, the men on the show should’ve been fighting over Michaela, but they aren’t so what’s the point of bringing Eyebrows up every episode. It took the fun out of them.

I was annoyed when Wes was killed but Viola just gives me everything I need and then some. I continue to watch for HER. I just wish they’d be more consistent. When Tegan was introduced she was a cocky badass, who took no prisoners. Now she’s some coward almost afraid of her own shadow? They should’ve kept Wes and gotten rid of Connor. He and his husband are annoying.

Creole Praline

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,612 1,976 1,218
Alleybux
This show had so much potential, but the writing screwed it up. Viola and Aja deserve a better show.

I would like to see a mystery/horror/thriller television show with Black women leads, but I want to see on a streaming service that can put some money into it.

This reminds me of when I watched an episode of Divas of Hollywood I think. One of the actresses was trying to get an old black producer to help her bring a show about black witches to the small screen. He chided her, by saying black people don’t watch stuff like that.

The nonsense! When we watch supernatural, fantasy, witchcraft, etc in droves. There is this black woman who wrote horror books. I can’t remember her name but they were really well written. Imagine if we got a series, with an all black cast like that? We just refuse to think outside of the box. I’m tired of white people telling our stories. When are we going to get a black writer, bringing a story about a black character to life, that also includes all the nuances that makes us so fantastic?

AmIRight

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,387 2,047 682
Alleybux
This reminds me of when I watched an episode of Divas of Hollywood I think. One of the actresses was trying to get an old black producer to help her bring a show about black witches to the small screen. He chided her, by saying black people don’t watch stuff like that.

The nonsense! When we watch supernatural, fantasy, witchcraft, etc in droves. There is this black woman who wrote horror books. I can’t remember her name but they were really well written. Imagine if we got a series, with an all black cast like that? We just refuse to think outside of the box. I’m tired of white people telling our stories. When are we going to get a black writer, bringing a story about a black character to life, that also includes all the nuances that makes us so fantastic?

Wow... We watch everything. Black Twitter even made hashtags for shows like Game of Thrones.

Capricorngirl

Caps Do It Better!
Reaction score
Reactions
146,269 2,581 1,207
Alleybux
Yay! They need to start thinking about an ending, and how to wrap it up.

Please no more Castillos...put the focus back on Annalise.

Let Annalise find love and get her own practice.

Let the students graduate and get jobs.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,960 5,786 517
Alleybux
Ya'll I just can't with this man....someone did a posting of the cast reactions and of course Rome made it all about himself. He really stands out and not in a good way. I'm sure Sam will make another appearance so we can get more back story on a relationship no one cares about.

Yay! They need to start thinking about an ending, and how to wrap it up.

Please no more Castillos...put the focus back on Annalise.

Let Annalise find love and get her own practice.

Let the students graduate and get jobs.
That's how I hope this season ends. Annalise happy and starting a new practice. I could be okay with her finding love again if Pete didn't just bring Eve back with that end came mess. :Cry

But for this season I don't see how the Castillos are not going to have a prominent role. :no2 I just hope we get some decent court cases that shows badass AK

Messiah St West

Come judge for me
Reaction score
Reactions
64,033 1,886 1,103
Alleybux
That finale was some bµllsh!t.

The only thing remotely interesting is the history between Michaela's father and Annalise. If we're being honest, they should have explored that a long time ago.

I'll watch, but it's no longer a priority for me. Shoot, I might even wait for the season to end and then watch.

Starlite

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,585 511 44
Alleybux
That finale was some bµllsh!t.

The only thing remotely interesting is the history between Michaela's father and Annalise. If we're being honest, they should have explored that a long time ago.

I'll watch, but it's no longer a priority for me. Shoot, I might even wait for the season to end and then watch.

Yeah I can't believe it took them this long to get into Michaela's background. That's the only thing that has my interest at this point and even then I have a feeling the writers are gonna screw it up.

TheUltimate

Cade Cunningham needs help.
Reaction score
Reactions
66,213 2,589 449
Alleybux
Based on the not-so-spectacular ratings of HTGAWM S5, the show must've been "on the bubble," so Pete shouldn't take this show renewal for granted. He needs to bring his A-game to S6, since this will probably be the last season if ratings don't improve.

Pete should do what great showrunners/EPs do: figure out how he wants the show to end (from a storyline perspective), then have his writers work back from there. He needs to stop figuring out this show as he goes.

He also needs to stop adding new characters and focus on the ones he has. In S6, the students should go from 3L's to working attorneys. Let's get Michaela's backstory -- she deserves a multi-ep story arc. Hell, I want to know more about Connor's, Asher's and Gabe's backstories too.

Michaela deserves a "happily ever after" in the love department. Both Gabe and Asher should fight for her heart. But knowing Pete, he'll let Asher win even though Gabriel is cuter, more assertive, and more likely to be the Barack Obama to Michaela's Michelle.

Asher should continue to evolve -- he went from ex-frat boy/K6 outcast to Michaela's FWB-turned-BF. Throughout it all, no one has taken him that seriously. That should change in S6. Though I shipped Asher and Michaela in S3, in S4 he sat home scratching his b@lls while Michaela worked in the law firm, so I can't see why he deserves Michaela -- I'm tired of the Black women settling trope.

Laurel, should be downgraded to a minor supporting character for season 6. In fact, her brother should unite her and Wes for eternity.

Or maybe Bonnie can plastic bag Laurel. I want Bonnie to get her HEA too. Whether it's with Frank or Asher or someone else.

Connor and Oliver can adopt Laurel's baby after she passes.

Gabriel should have his backstory play out. I'd like him to get some scenes with Analise. I also want him to swoop in and take Michaela away from Asher like Dwayne Wayne stole Whitley from Byron

Most of all, Analise needs a meaty story line for season 6. And I want to see her back to being a badass in the courtroom.

Last edited:

EtherealBee

I achieve
Reaction score
Reactions
70,639 2,606 1,020
Alleybux
Pete has ruined everyone. He ran Laurel's character into the ground, which is shameful since she started out so promising. He actually murdered Wes for shock factor, made Asher a senseless murderer to join him in the fold of the murder club..He made Nate senselessly violent and Bonnie's ass is irredeemable after killing her boyfriend for Nate.

This show isn't making it past Season 6 and it doesn't need to. I just came here to trash the show, since I once loved it so much.

The Throne

Black.women.are.top.tier
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
314,753 1,985 406
Alleybux
Can Laurel die! Her character is a huge reason why the show is trash they focus too much on her. She just isn’t interesting.

Jeff Bezos

I’m a lady
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
240,973 6,028 2,399
Alleybux
I haven't watched it in a while. It occurred to me that I might not have even finished S5, but I don't care to remember, double check, and watch any episodes I might not have.

I have really given up on the show. If I watch S6 it will be for background noise.

This apathy happened in such a passive way, unlike with Scandal. I actively boycotted Scandal. With HTGAWM I would just keep forgetting to watch the next episodes.

kaerae

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,917 157 26
Alleybux
They really think people care who kidnapped Laurel? Nobody that has ever watched this show gives af about Laurel.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,960 5,786 517
Alleybux
I am tired of this show. I only watch for Viola and Amira these days. This needs to be the last season.
rumor has it that it will be announced as the last season at the ABC upfronts today. I like Amirah but I feel like Tegan has become a magical negro character. :no2

EtherealBee

I achieve
Reaction score
Reactions
70,639 2,606 1,020
Alleybux
rumor has it that it will be announced as the last season at the ABC upfronts today. I like Amirah but I feel like Tegan has become a magical negro character. :no2

She's a great actress, but Pete is wasting her talent. Tim Hutton also has a new show coming out so his character is likely actually dead.

lolawilliams

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
8,295 296 72
Alleybux
The writing for Season 5 drastically improved in comparison to Season 4. Whoever was hired for Season 5 did a really good job and picked up the slack.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,960 5,786 517
Alleybux
She's a great actress, but Pete is wasting her talent. Tim Hutton also has a new show coming out so his character is likely actually dead.
Great actor but I did not care for his character especially that forced interest in Annalise. I'm sure Emmitt will die to show how powerful the Castillos are..:rolleyes2

Last edited:

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,960 5,786 517
Alleybux
Good! I hope they give Annalise a happy ending for once. Smh.
I think this will be the last season because of the ratings but nothing official came from ABC at the upfronts.

Watch Pete have Eve marry Vanessa or some sh!t to torture Annalise some more. :spinny

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom