Quantcast

Court rules rape victims not 'mentally incapacitated' if they became intoxicated voluntarily

Alvsgirly2

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,107 639 291
Alleybux
So what if a woman has one glass, and someone manages to slip a pill in her drink. One drink would not cause her impairment, yet that pill certainly will.

This is disheartening. Just another dig at women’s safety and rights.

Flamboyant

subtle.
Reaction score
Reactions
94,024 1,289 389
Alleybux
But can it be argued that the FACT that the victim is intoxicated/drugged, the are not in their right state of mind and was not able to consent? Who gives a fµck whether the defendant gave the person the drugs/alcohol or not. The point is the victim is mentally incapacitated and COULD NOT give consent. It's rape, period.

This case needs to be taken up with appeals or US Supreme Court or something cause its complete utter bµllsh!t.

SmokingHot

Sh!tposting from 7-9pm CST
Reaction score
Reactions
58,431 1,764 503
Alleybux
Just taking note of those who've found this article (and by extension, rape) funny for future reference.

Screenshot_20210327-133105_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210327-133515_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Sex Momma

Kiss My Grits
Reaction score
Reactions
22,723 1,037 1,107
Alleybux

Minnesota Supreme Court throws out rape conviction because intoxicated woman willingly consumed alcohol​

The Minnesota Supreme Court ruled that a person can’t be found guilty of xesually assaulting someone who is intoxicated if that person willingly ingested drugs or alcohol.

The ruling was released Wednesday after the case of Francois Monulu Khalil, who was convicted of a third-degree criminal xesual misconduct by a jury because the victim was drunk and mentally incapacitated. Khalil, a Minneapolis man, met his victim after she was denied entry to a bar for being too intoxicated.
The court’s unanimous decision was written by Minnesota Supreme Court Justice Pail Thissen. Thissen writes that the lower court’s definition of mentally incapacitated regarding the case "unreasonably strains and stretches the plain text of the statute" since the victim was intoxicated before she met Khalil, her attacker.
In order to be considered mentally incapacitated under Minnesota law, the alcohol must be given to the person without that person’s agreement, according to the court. Because the original case did not meet the standard for a victim to be mentally incapacitated, the state's high court granted a new trial for Khalil.

Many are concerned about the consequences of this ruling, including Kelly Moller, a Democratic state representative for Minnesota.
"Victims who are intoxicated to the degree that they are unable to give consent are entitled to justice. Minnesotans who experience unthinkable trauma deserve to see the Legislature take action on this immediately," Moller said.
Moller introduced legislation earlier this year to amend the third-degree xesual misconduct statutes to include language that says anyone who is intoxicated, for any reason, is unable to give consent.
"It makes it very clear that this issue needs to be fixed at the legislature," Lindsay Brice, the law and policy director of the Minnesota Coalition Against xesual Assault, said of the state Supreme Court's Wednesday ruling.

Marion O'Neill, a Republican state representative and co-sponsor of Moller's bill, said that "it is time now to pass these solutions so that no victim ever has to be denied justice over a technicality," in a statement.
Minnesota is now among several states that only consider being drunk as a barrier to consent if the alcohol was given against the victim’s will, according to The Washington Post.

Judge needs to be brought up on ethical charges. Thank God for SCOTUS.

Rasha12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,195 4,205 4,946
Alleybux
The whole consent thing seem to be for women only. If two drunks have xes, the man can get done for rape. The woman cant

justicemike

The Greatest Man To Ever Live
Reaction score
Reactions
4,029 651 3,804
Alleybux
Men raping women while they’re unconscious is how things should be? GTFOH!
Nope, but women being responsible for their actions is.
The bs has run its course and the counter to the nonsense of 2nd wave feminism is starting.
this is the first step.

Oh Honey

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,063 4,923 2,321
Alleybux
The bs has run its course and the counter to the nonsense of 2nd wave feminism is starting.
this is the first step.
I really sometimes wish gay men would rape straight men when they‘re intoxicated.

cazzidy

I happen to be 3rd Floor Captain! A'ight!
Reaction score
Reactions
436,458 32,881 2,145
Alleybux
this is the first step.

Drinking alcohol doesn't give someone the right to violate your body without consent or against your will.

justicemike

The Greatest Man To Ever Live
Reaction score
Reactions
4,029 651 3,804
Alleybux
I really sometimes wish gay men would rape straight men when they‘re intoxicated.
The largest victims of rape in the US are men being raped by other men.
What are you talking about?
Men rape men, women rape women, men rape women, and women rape men.
Its sad that you

Oh Honey

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,063 4,923 2,321
Alleybux
This is particularly disconcerting because alcohol is frequently used as a vehicle for date rape drugs. I wish women in these states would rebel by refusing to drink alcohol in the presence of any man or any drink given to her by a man. See how much desperate men and rapists enjoy that.
Then they‘d cry about evil lesbian men-hating feminists seeing all men as potential rapists. #notallmen #menhavefeelingstoo wahh wahh sob sob.

Denlay

What is water, MAYNE!!
Reaction score
Reactions
153,829 4,242 935
Alleybux
Men need to be raped at the same rate as women, I bet laws would be change real quick

Can you imagine? A world where men feared other stronger men forcibly penetrating them without consent. After a club or bar, dark streets, public transportation, the gym, a friend's house?

GoldnGood

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,160 875 73
Alleybux
This is why women should not be out late at night drinking. Be a lady and be safe at home early. Modern women want to have their cake and eat it too when they can't even handle their alcohol. Shiiiiiet.
It's as if the handmaids tale is predictive programming.

And I say this as someone who is has some conservative views on how we as women need to conduct and respect ourselves.

But she didn't consent to xes and being intoxicated is not a gateway or entitlement to her body.

It feels like we have moved back decades in days.
I said in another thread the pendulum is swinging hard back the other way and women need to be vigilant.
This already proves it

Oh Honey

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,063 4,923 2,321
Alleybux
If this was a man??? He wouldn't be able to argue he was taken advatage of.. It's called ACCOUNTABILITY!!! ladies and............

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoken like a subhuman that you males are. We need a new war so we can send you away to die. We should really abort all of you.

I think it's absolutely absurd that a man and woman can get drunk, have xes and the man ends up being accused of rape.. If women truly want equality, you'll have to learn situational awareness, and start taking responsibility for your actions.
Can‘t wait for you to get a dick pushed in your ass next time you‘re drunk. I hope racist cops get your ass.

Upswitch

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,268 1,635 925
Alleybux
This is infuriating, she was unconscious when he raped her. How is that not rape?

Having alcohol does not mean you said yes to xes, it’s not consent.

She said no, that’s not consent.

This is so wrong
This should have been rape 1 not xes assault 3. He was incorrectly charged. Now I have to ask what the friend was doing while this happened.

Oh Honey

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,063 4,923 2,321
Alleybux
Just taking note of those who've found this article (and by extension, rape) funny for future reference.

View attachment 2424568

View attachment 2424588
That Ujjnala font is a gay man too. I hope he laughs just as hard when they do the same with homophobic attacks. Shouldn‘t be all gay in public if you don‘t want to get attacked :cautious:Men are truly trash. It doesn‘t matter if they‘re straight, gay, bi, trans, poor, rich,… all of them trash.

Dragon2024

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,034 894 264
Alleybux
Don't know why people are surprised. This is the same country where up to less than a century ago rape was legal only if the rapist was yt and the victim non-yt.
In 1993 they passed a law about marital rape. People think just cuz you’re married you no longer experience xesual abuse. Even the wives themselves getting abused don’t think they’re getting abused

SmokingHot

Reaction score
Reactions
58,431 1,764 503
Alleybux
That Ujjnala font is a gay man too. I hope he laughs just as hard when they do the same with homophobic attacks. Shouldn‘t be all gay in public if you don‘t want to get attacked :cautious:Men are truly trash. It doesn‘t matter if they‘re straight, gay, bi, trans, poor, rich,… all of them trash.
Oh yes I know. A gay Mexican man at that. And he has the nerve to be ugly posting his pics all over this website. They really are all trash.

ebonyrose

Joining DULOVEMEDO for 6 month hiatus from LSA
Reaction score
Reactions
82,130 2,159 908
Alleybux
The largest victims of rape in the US are men being raped by other men.
What are you talking about?
Men rape men, women rape women, men rape women, and women rape men.
Its sad that you
My cousin was raped by a dude he was drinking with. smh
Men are pure savages and no one is safe around them. Not other men, women, boys, girls...even our animals aren't safe from their debauchery.

SmokingHot

Reaction score
Reactions
58,431 1,764 503
Alleybux
Never will happen since false allegations are very common. Blame the opportunistic ladies that cry rape that didn't happen.

It literally says in the article that she said she didn't want to have xes and he proceeded to rape her while saying "but you're so hot and turn me on." You are so in defense of men at the expense of women when you can reach a middle ground.

Ujjnala

Facts. Periodt.
Reaction score
Reactions
26,312 5,201 8,831
Alleybux
Men need to be raped at the same rate as women, I bet laws would be change real quick

Can you imagine? A world where men feared other stronger men forcibly penetrating them without consent. After a club or bar, dark streets, public transportation, the gym, a friend's house?

That will never happen and that logic is straight up stupid. We already have severe rape laws and even mere allegations will/have destroyed lives.

The problem is women wanting all the authority and zero responsibility. Invest in teaching girls how to be smart, how to be ladies, and how to not be in these situations. We already teach boys not to assault, not to touch women, and definitely not to rape. Little girls aren't constantly taught not to abandon their babies when they're older, likewise it's common sense that boys know not to straight up rape!

Ujjnala

Facts. Periodt.
Reaction score
Reactions
26,312 5,201 8,831
Alleybux
It literally says in the article that she said she didn't want to have xes and he proceeded to rape her while saying "but you're so hot and turn me on." You are so in defense of men at the expense of women when you can reach a middle ground.

Yet she blacked out and doesn't remember anything. Of course she would say that. Yawn.

cazzidy

I happen to be 3rd Floor Captain! A'ight!
Reaction score
Reactions
436,458 32,881 2,145
Alleybux
My cousin was raped by a dude he was drinking with. smh
Men are pure savages and no one is safe around them. Not other men, women, boys, girls...even our animals aren't safe from their debauchery.
I'm sorry about your cousin. I hope she's ok.

liacashmere89

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,663 4,753 3,071
Alleybux

Male rape isn’t too far off, from the number of female rape. 1 in 3 women. 1 in 6 men. In Britain there is a man named, Reynhard Sinaga, who raped 136 intoxicated men. He picked them up from bars or drugged them

The difference is men don’t take xesual violence seriously like women do. Hell you have clowns trolling in this comment section right now . . . :cautious: