COVID-Era Economy: Investing + Swing Trading

IDGAF
Reactions
156,647 4,564 2,161
Alleybux
@msellie

I’ve really lost interest in the market over the last several months. My daughter keeps me busy these days and I’m exhausted. There’s too much money to be made, so I’ve been playing stocks that I know pretty well and setting limit orders. Candidly, the only way I can participate. Watching the market daily is too time consuming. This thread has also died and the others just don’t interest me.

Current Plays - Friday:

- $BOXL: 5,000 shares @ $1.94; limits set @ $2.46, $3.00

- $KERN: 500 shares @ $3.99; limit set @ $4.56

- Scooped up slices of a handful of dividend stocks (this is the only account I enjoy seeing in red - as the stock goes down I add another slice to bring my cost basis down), this is in my play portfolio - only holding these because I haven’t been trading much

- Shorted GME, bought these shares maybe a week before hand @ $169 (200 shares), sold @ 152, candidly, could have made the same amount of profit elsewhere but I was playing with a few indicators and saw the opportunity

- Invested in Humbls block 10 and block 3 etxs

Watchlist (haven’t done any extensive research) - $JG (this ones has gone on and off my radar for quite some time), $PCG, $VZ (VR partnership), $BRP, $INVH, $MUDS,

These are all long term. I don’t have positions in any

You said what?
Reactions
51,970 816 121
Alleybux
@msellie

I’ve really lost interest in the market over the last several months. My daughter keeps me busy these days and I’m exhausted. There’s too much money to be made, so I’ve been playing stocks that I know pretty well and setting limit orders. Candidly, the only way I can participate. Watching the market daily is too time consuming. This thread has also died and the others just don’t interest me.

Current Plays - Friday:

- Scooped up slices of a handful of dividend stocks (this is the only account I enjoy seeing in red - as the stock goes down I add another slice to bring my cost basis down), this is in my play portfolio - only holding these because I haven’t been trading much

- Shorted GME, bought these shares maybe a week before hand @ $169 (200 shares), sold @ 152, candidly, could have made the same amount of profit elsewhere but I was playing with a few indicators and saw the opportunity

Watchlist (haven’t done any extensive research) - $JG (this ones has gone on and off my radar for quite some time), $PCG, $VZ (VR partnership), $BRP, $INVH, $MUDS,

Thanks so much for taking time to leave more tips! I figured you were busy with your baby - it's a LOT of work, huh? lol I have a new-ish grandbaby and my life has changed so much in the last year cuz I keep her so my daughter can work. I barely have time for anything else so I already know it's crazy!

I appreciate your insight, going to look up these tickers. I've backed away a bit from my stocks because of all of the volatility. I still check several times a day anyway but outside of COIN I haven't made too many purchases. I'll jump on anything that looks promising but also waiting and hoping that some of my others will pop and just make me proud!

IDGAF
Reactions
156,647 4,564 2,161
Alleybux
Thanks so much for taking time to leave more tips! I figured you were busy with your baby - it's a LOT of work, huh? lol I have a new-ish grandbaby and my life has changed so much in the last year cuz I keep her so my daughter can work. I barely have time for anything else so I already know it's crazy!

I appreciate your insight, going to look up these tickers. I've backed away a bit from my stocks because of all of the volatility. I still check several times a day anyway but outside of COIN I haven't made too many purchases. I'll jump on anything that looks promising but also waiting and hoping that some of my others will pop and just make me proud!
Yes, a lot of work! It’s crazy because she was so easy as a newborn but now she keeps me busy lol.

When I don’t know what to do, I do nothing so your strategy makes sense. Those tickers are what interest me, I don’t know much so LMK your thoughts. Hopefully I have time to research this week.

Mrs. Jock Ewing
Reactions
25,737 719 115
Alleybux
@msellie

Current Plays - Friday:

Thanks for the update. I’ve been thinking of trying the humble etx too.

didnt know about the vz vr partnership. Will make time to do research this week bc life has me running circles too.

Mrs. Jock Ewing
Reactions
25,737 719 115
Alleybux
@msellie hmbl was terrible today. Geesh.
Yes, it was, but Im patiently hanging in there.

im really curious to see what happens after this aapl announcement bc last time, great news was announced and it increased for a few minutes, then deeply plummeted into a nice buying opportunity. If it does drop this week, i will buy more apple.

IDGAF
Reactions
156,647 4,564 2,161
Alleybux
Yes, it was, but Im patiently hanging in there.

im really curious to see what happens after this aapl announcement bc last time, great news was announced and it increased for a few minutes, then deeply plummeted into a nice buying opportunity. If it does drop this week, i will buy more apple.
This past week has felt like market manipulation. I’m just holding and averaging down for quick swings.

Reactions
1,743 5 1
Alleybux
I was swinging Doge a bit, but I think I am done with that. They are all over the place with other coins and its too much to follow. I had been swinging GME, but now stuck with a bunch that I bought higher than it is selling at.

My day job is forcing me back to the office soon, so my daytrading time is about over. Im just hoping it picks up so I can sell off some of these reds and get back into the long term holds I did when I couldn't watch it as closely as I am now.

Mrs. Jock Ewing
Reactions
25,737 719 115
Alleybux
How’s everyone doing? This thread has slowed down a lot!
I trimmed my portfolio a few weeks ago and have just been hanging in there, holding during the weeks of volatility.

i sold a few shares of mvis today to collect some profits when it went slightly over $18. Will hold the rest and look forward to the upcoming catalysts.

really wanted to buy more when it went down to $10, but my cash took forever to settle.

How are you doing???

Reactions
19,878 228 58
Alleybux
I trimmed my portfolio a few weeks ago and have just been hanging in there, holding during the weeks of volatility.

i sold a few shares of mvis today to collect some profits when it went slightly over $18. Will hold the rest and look forward to the upcoming catalysts.

really wanted to buy more when it went down to $10, but my cash took forever to settle.

How are you doing???
I’m also looking to trim down my portfolio. I have too many stocks and want want to sell some when I get back to green. I also need to get back in the habit of taking profits.

Mrs. Jock Ewing
Reactions
25,737 719 115
Alleybux
I’m also looking to trim down my portfolio. I have too many stocks and want want to sell some when I get back to green. I also need to get back in the habit of taking profits.
Yeah, i need my portfolio to be lean & as well balanced as possible b4 things slow down in May.

just remembered that fidelity just sent out a newsletter that mentioned how people sell in may...

IDGAF
Reactions
156,647 4,564 2,161
Alleybux

This baby took awf. At the time of the thread I was 170 shares in @ $1.69 - sold a LONG time ago for profit. I only have a handful of shares now. Even though I’m out I’m happy to see strong growth - it means my DD was on track (reviewing trends, portfolio, financials, catalysts) and I know many of you held.

Reactions
Alleybux

This baby took awf. At the time of the thread I was 170 shares in @ $1.69 - sold a LONG time ago for profit. I only have a handful of shares now. Even though I’m out I’m happy to see strong growth - it means my DD was on track (reviewing trends, portfolio, financials, catalysts) and I know many of you held.
I really appreciate you telling us about your stocks. It has been so helpful. I wish I would've been here last year to buy the ones you posted about when they were super cheap.

Miss Marvel
Reactions
50,490 524 168
Alleybux

I wonder if I should pay the 5/21 option call? :whistle:

IDGAF
Reactions
156,647 4,564 2,161
Alleybux
243A6B60-3C3B-4888-ABE8-DA022138AB59.jpeg

Decided to check on the portfolio this evening. I didn’t make any plays but this was a nice surprise.

This wasn’t an intricate play. I purchased last week (I think) when I saw BOXL undervalued... random tip but if you watch a stock and learn how that chart moves (ebbs and flows) over the course of a month or so you’ll know when is a good opportunity to purchase shares. Create your set limits and make money in your sleep...

For me - the name of the game is profit. I’m selling 600 shares to secure and then let the rest run for a bit. Since I don’t pay attention to the market much these days... I’ll probably create a limit order at $2.75 for the remaining shares.

Last edited:
IDGAF
Reactions
156,647 4,564 2,161
Alleybux
So true! I watch for patterns now and it has benefitted me so much.
I was looking at both your boxl and kern plays and both have quickly moved towards your pt!
When you know chart movement like the back of your hand you can make bank. That’s not even factoring in technical indicators since swinging is speculative. I’m happy you are making money!

I dumped all my BOXL in premarket! Didn’t even bother with a $2.75 limit. I also sold some IDEX for profit

IDGAF
Reactions
156,647 4,564 2,161
Alleybux
Ugh. So I saw another commercial for Phexxi.... the first one was a YouTube commercial... the second one was while I was watching oxygen. I’m taking a small position and dumping it into my investment account.

The Culture

General Alley

Recent Posts

Get in Here and Tag your favorite Black-Owned Brand.
Shu•Shi beauty + therapy (they have awesome moisturizing face sprays, really cute energy bracelets, 100% natural, paraben/phthalate free, really...
Do you think its true that Black men are more attracted to women that resemble their mothers...
If that was the case, then there wouldn’t be so many dark skinned men with dark skinned mothers, preferring lighter skinned women.
If JT Continues Losing Her Mind Over Lil Abuzi, Who Should Replace Her As A City Girl?
I don’t think replacements are necessary. If they do break up, they should both go solo.
Plus Size Shay
Lordt I see I missed some stuff.
GabeBabeTV General Discussion XXV
I thought Gabe had some how left her dildo outside for a minute. I had to look twice.
The Pedro Pascal Appreciation, Tea and Thirst Thread
I'm just gonna say this in probably leave it at that when it comes to that Tumblr blog I think it's we all know these threads and forums on either...
  • Poll
In hypergamy for Black Women, is a mans social currency or amount of money more important?
the "$100M in your bank account" was hyperbole/exaggeration but I see you didn't pick up on that :disdain Ummm okay:) Ummmm Nas, Jay, Lebron...
New Amsterdam Season 3 Official Trailer (HD) & Discussion Thread
Hmm, funny you should say this. I feel like Leyla is using Bloom as well. Let's watch and see how it unfolds. Great episode. As usual Max doing...
How to go about starting a forum?
Maybe you can start with a Facebook Group first, then migrate to a self-hosted forum once you build up membership. This is a great idea. Also...
Top Bottom