Quantcast

Crackship gone canon: E! News on HTGAWM's opposites attracting, Asher & Michaela

Lyra Angelica

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
248 5
Alleybux
[FONT=&amp]How to Get Away With Murder's Hottest New Couple Isn't Letting a Dorm Room Mess With Their Chemistry[/FONT]
by JEAN BENTLEY | Thu, Sep 29, 2016 11:00 AM
rsz_htgawm301_1676.jpg
There were plenty of shocking reveals in the How to Get Away With Murder season three premiere — the Coliver breakup, the whole "someone is dead on a gurney and Annalise's house is burning down" thing — but one surprising revelation came when we discovered that months after that sexy bathroom hookup, Asher (Matt McGorry) and Michaela (Aja Naomi King) are still getting together on the regular.

Creator Pete Nowalk promises much more where that came from. "We barely cracked the egg on that one. I personally love them together. I think they are so weird," he told E! News. "It's a lot of xes! I think there are a lot of differences between them, and for us so far in the writing it's been very fun to explore that. It's a very modern relationship and it's weird and off the wall and it's fun. I think a part of wanting to move forward in time is to inject some levity. There's dark stuff, of course, but there's levity within all that."

While Michaela might not be ready to actually date Asher, McGorry tells us that his character would date her in a heartbeat. "Asher has some real feelings for Michaela, and I think despite the fact that we've seen him be someone who's often ruled by his libido, I think he actually has some real, true feelings for her and that's definitely going to develop," he said.

It might take time for Michaela to get on board, however. "I think there's going to be some resistance, because — rightfully so — Michaela is a little embarrassed to be with Asher, who is still a bit of a doucheface — even though he's a doucheface with a heart of gold," McGorry said. "But he's going to be pushing for that development and it's definitely going to be blossoming into something that is different than what we saw last season."

Plus, there's one thing that Michaela can't deny, despite the fact that Asher is currently living in a dorm room: the magnetism between them.

"There is an energy for sure," King said. That's a chemistry that not even a twin extra-long bed could kill. Besides, King added, "They can always go to her place!"

[FONT=&amp]How to Get Away With Murder airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. on ABC.[/FONT]

Flower.Bomb

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,994 518 415
Alleybux
And who exactly asked for this? I never saw anyone shipping Asher gross ass with anyone. But of course give his used up dirty ass to the pretty black girl who's way out of his league..typical giving me screech and lisa vibes
Honestly I wanted Aja's character michaela with Connor. And no idagf that he's gay he doesn't have to be he's whatever shonda writers him to be make him bi.

I also wouldn't mind her with Wes as annoying as he is..she'd probably make him much more interesting

SouthCandy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
212,889 5,952 5,349
Alleybux
Time for a Black love and couples upgrade on all Shonda shows.
This relationship just does not work.

TheUltimate

Cade Cunningham needs help.
Reaction score
Reactions
66,215 2,589 449
Alleybux
I've always loved a good opposites attract story, so I am here for Michaela and Asher! Poor Michaela once had a gay fiance, a murderer/sociopath boyfriend, and previous lovers who have been lousy in the sack. For the first time, she's dealing with a guy who genuinely likes her who seems to kill it in the bedroom.

Yes, Asher's now broke, but you're allowed to be in college and grad school. He has great earning potential. Plus, they have a shared (killer) history.

The Giraffe hasn't been checking for Michaela so eff him. I can tell he can't eat the choach as well as Asher, so let Meggy deal with his corny a$$. Yes Asher is a cornball too, but Michaela is dealing witth a lot, so she needs to regularly to de-stress with a good d|cking down. She told everyone in the 1st season she never had an orgasm, so now that she's having them regularly with Asher, I hope that she admits to herself that she likes him, and they live happily ever after.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,965 5,786 517
Alleybux
Lets be real Michaela and Wes would never work. Michaela would probably end of dead or framed.lol In real life they make an attractive couple but on the show they wouldn't. Asher is a clown but he seems to care about Michaela. If he would tone it done Michaela might give him a chance. I agree that she has the best chemistry with Connor. I don't like half the couples on this show to be honest.

Melrose Monroe

Making LSA great again.
Reaction score
Reactions
148,997 1,841 311
Alleybux
NO. I actually love Asher and he's my comic relief during these stressful times on the show, but HECK NAH to him and Michaela! Worst ship ever.

Even though he's gay, Michaela has the best chemistry with Connor. I got hopeful when Ollie broke up with him:down 128x128:.

JessesGIrl

Thinkster
Reaction score
Reactions
18,432 369 302
Alleybux
This is such a gross coupling. Out of all the men on that show to pair Michaela with, they choose Asher. He is not sexy or interesting. The buffoon of the show. And for those that keep saying Shonda...sorry, but Shonda's not responsible for this F-up. She doesn't write the show. Peter Nowalk does.

Trudeau

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
17,130 261 157
Alleybux
i never even entertained the Michaela + Asher ship until it was written on the show. so when that scene came up of them drunk dancing last season i was like

clapping-ha-ha-wtf-shocked-laughing-13538573029.gif

tumblr_inline_o737fajCdT1tw78q4_540.jpg

"they gon fµck, ain't they?"

and sure enough, Asher went to town on that ass. i still cant get over that scene

tumblr_o3vwi7FkRx1upwb94o2_250.gif
tumblr_o3ux27H1gv1qire1qo3_250.gif

tumblr_lr2pxn8BP21qcqqpjo3_r3_250.gif

ugh

i wish i could hate this ship but i cant. im weak :weep:

Capricorngirl

Caps Do It Better!
Reaction score
Reactions
146,270 2,581 1,207
Alleybux
I dont like this ship. Michaela needs a guy like Aiden, but who's str8. Asher need to take his azz on back to Bonnie..she aint doing nothing these days, she needs a storyline.

They are using Michaela, the pretty, smart black girl as just a xes object, while they have Laurel (hard face self) right in the middle of things, relevant to the mystery and plot...

Lyra Angelica

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
248 5
Alleybux
Honestly I wanted Aja's character michaela with Connor. And no idagf that he's gay he doesn't have to be he's whatever shonda writers him to be make him bi.
Even though he's gay, Michaela has the best chemistry with Connor. I got hopeful when Ollie broke up with him:down 128x128:.

Michaela needs a guy like Aiden, but who's str8.
So two admitted votes for putting her with an avowed out and proud LGBT card carrier and another boring, bougie beige dude, except minus the DL tendencies as an alternative. But y'all think Michasher shippers are weird?
giphy.gif

And I'm seeing this "2+2=5" logic across the board everywhere.
If the argument is, "Michaela Pratt is a character with an unfortunate romantic history, therefore I'm pushing for her to be a willing participant of Will & Grace 2.0 since she looks good with her cute co-star," then just say that with your chest. Because all this "chemistry" talk is moot if Connor and Michaela are both checking for the same equipment down below. Keep it 💯 on eye candy being important. It's alright. No harm, no foul.

Because all this bending and twisting to rationalize getting played as K5's resident f*g hag when clearly some of you are advocating for… the exact same thing looks sorta funny from this angle.
tumblr_m66zmlk2We1ql5yr7o1_r2_400.gif

They are using Michaela, the pretty, smart black girl as just a xes object, while they have Laurel (hard face self) right in the middle of things, relevant to the mystery and plot...
If the Wes/Laurel foreshadowing proves apt (and I think it is, that Sephora makeover glow-up for Karla Souza won't be wasted), then Laurel would only need to hook up with Asher to complete running through every straight man employed at the Keating house.
tumblr_nhddg9AI7J1u01e50o1_500.gif

On the real though, I don't think there's a concerted effort to make Michaela "loose," so to speak. She was written with a LOT of xesual hangups and as a young woman, it's only natural to have it played out onscreen. To go from never experiencing an orgasm to taking charge of her own agency and calling shots on receiving pleasure (on her own terms!) is a step forward. What I do agree with is the writers not developing her character outside of her love life being front and center while leaving her history still unknown. Enough crumbs about her "bad family" and coming from a "backwater bayou," she's the most neglected of the Keating 5 by far. I just hope they don't kill her off before a proper backstory & plot arc gets explored. Now that would be 10x more tragic than all the Asher Millstones you could fit in at a keg party.

Lyra Angelica

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
248 5
Alleybux
i never even entertained the Michaela + Asher ship until it was written on the show. so when that scene came up of them drunk dancing last season i was like

clapping-ha-ha-wtf-shocked-laughing-13538573029.gif

tumblr_inline_o737fajCdT1tw78q4_540.jpg

"they gon fµck, ain't they?"

and sure enough, Asher went to town on that ass. i still cant get over that scene

tumblr_o3vwi7FkRx1upwb94o2_250.gif
tumblr_o3ux27H1gv1qire1qo3_250.gif

tumblr_lr2pxn8BP21qcqqpjo3_r3_250.gif

ugh

i wish i could hate this ship but i cant. im weak :weep:
tumblr_inline_mqt7ep8Vky1qc9lhz.gif

That ass slap changed me as a viewer and I'm a better person for it. Honestly. Truly.

Don't really know how close they are offscreen since we usually see her hugged up with either Jack or Alfred, but between that first hookup and seeing Aja's brown legs propped up on Matt's shoulders last Thursday in primetime HD, my internal monologue's been looking a lot like…
tumblr_inline_mp3wobjsQV1qz4rgp.gif

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,965 5,786 517
Alleybux
The show seems to back to season 1 formula for the K5 in that the screen time is more balanced. To be honest outside of Asher and now Wes we don't know anything about the other students. Michaela is not the only one who's storyline has revolved around a man. Laurel presence has mostly been about Frank. It's only the beginning of the season. I do agree that she has been undeveloped.