Creator of 'Track star' viral tiki tok dance says he was left out of Mooski video cuz of his sexuality

I want war (BUT I NEED PEACE)
Reactions
297,348 7,791 1,071
Alleybux

who else thought some IG honey made up this dance cuz thats all i see doin it

ReliableGoodnaturedKingsnake-size_restricted.gif

I've never seen the full video, do they do the actual dance in it?

I get his frustration cuz he did make the song go viral

Reactions
37,212 338 426
Alleybux
While I strongly hate that lame ass dance with a passion (along with the song)they are dead wrong for treating him like this. The girls like him. Give him a quick cameo dancing with the groupies because with that lame ass dance the song wouldn't have gone viral.

Ambitchious
Reactions
11,518 126 26
Alleybux
Tiktok makes a lot of these artists their songs go viral nowadays, no matter how trashy the songs are. So yes, the creators of the dances not getting the recognition they deserve is messed up but nothing new because it's often the case, especially when it comes to the black ones.

To be honest though, not everyone feels comfortable being around people like that, maybe the guy wouldn't feel comfortable enough to have him in his video as a gay male, dancing like that, that's just the truth. A lot of people talk about "I have no problem with the LBGTQ community", but deep down they are mad uncomfortable dealing with those people.

Reactions
297,348 7,791 1,071
Alleybux
To be honest though, not everyone feels comfortable being around people like that, maybe the guy wouldn't feel comfortable enough to have him in his video as a gay male, dancing like that, that's just the truth. A lot of people talk about "I have no problem with the LBGTQ community", but deep down they are mad uncomfortable dealing with those people.

Mooski didn't even have to interact with him or be in the same frame, he could've had him in a random 5-10 second scene just to show props. It's a slap in the face cuz this song kinda sucks without the actual viral dance along with it.

your muse's muse
Reactions
128,950 3,493 1,170
Alleybux
The dance is annoying but it’s the only reason anyone knows the song. Also, like another font said he could’ve just let him make a quick appearance doing the dance.

Not everyone can be as generous as Drake is when it comes to showing support for people that have helped him (Ex: when Shiggy helped In My Feelings go #1 and Drake gave him the red carpet treatment)
We stan a generous king

1617850079080.jpeg

Reactions
11,461 320 175
Alleybux
shit like this be making me feel like my grandpa, idk who these people are
Literally this. Me and several of my friends have talked about logging on to TikTok and feeling like we're elderly because we have no idea wtf kids are talking about on there. I don't know any of these "TikTok Stars", the dances, the memes. Mind you--we're in our early twenties! Like us and the TikTok tweens/teens are supposed to be in the same generation but it feels like there's a huge generational gap between us because of that app.

Reactions
113,681 1,159 605
Alleybux
I'm sick of viral tik tok dances making songs popular. One thing about these tik tok dances is that it reminds me of all the dances we did when we were cheerleaders in Pop Warner and High School. None of it is extremely groundbreaking. Maybe a "little" bit more suggestive, but in the grand scheme of it all, it's just cheerleading/dancing moves.

ETA: And just wanted to point out, us Cheerleaders/Dancers were better at it.

Reactions
297,348 7,791 1,071
Alleybux
The dance is annoying but it’s the only reason anyone knows the song. Also, like another font said he could’ve just let him make a quick appearance doing the dance.

Not everyone can be as generous as Drake is when it comes to showing support for people that have helped him (Ex: when Shiggy helped In My Feelings go #1)
We stan a generous king

View attachment 2456540

as much as I love papi, didn't big freedia have to run this man down to get an appearance in "in my feelings"?

Reactions
11,461 320 175
Alleybux
Tiktok makes a lot of these artists their songs go viral nowadays, no matter how trashy the songs are. So yes, the creators of the dances not getting the recognition they deserve is messed up but nothing new because it's often the case, especially when it comes to the black ones.

You're really downplaying homophobia here. If he wouldn't feel comfortable being around a gay person or having them dance in his video, he's homophobic. Point blank period. Call a thing a thing.

Ambitchious
Reactions
11,518 126 26
Alleybux
You're really downplaying homophobia here. If he wouldn't feel comfortable being around a gay person or having them dance in his video, he's homophobic. Point blank period. Call a thing a thing.
How? I'm not downplaying anything, I simply explained it. But if you want to replace the whole explanation with that one word, then so be it.

Reactions
2,131 4 7
Alleybux
Are they doing the dance he created in the video? If they are it's kind of messed up not to include him but then again no one asked him to make a dance for the song and he's not entitled to be a part of the video.

Reactions
112,360 1,260 434
Alleybux
as much as I love papi, didn't big freedia have to run this man down to get an appearance in "in my feelings"?

This!

I was about to say Drake only looked out for Shiggy because people made him feel bad about not doing it in the 1st place. Also with Big Freedia, Drake didn't show respect to him either.

Reactions
11,461 320 175
Alleybux
How? I'm not downplaying anything, I simply explained it. But if you want to replace the whole explanation with that one word, then so be it.
I bolded part of the sentence but here's all of it: "To be honest though, not everyone feels comfortable being around people like that, maybe the guy wouldn't feel comfortable enough to have him in his video as a gay male, dancing like that, that's just the truth."

Describing homophobia as feeling uncomfortable 1. Makes homophobia to simply being about discomfort and doesn't acknowledge the fact that people's "discomfort" with gay people has real life consequences, as in this case where a young man loss an opportunity to be in a music video even though he created the dance that made the song go viral 2. saying "not everyone feels comfortable" and "that's just the truth" makes it seem like being homophobic is this innate character trait people have instead of something that people choose to be and have a choice to unlearn.

We realize homophobia isn't something good and its harmful, so when you see it call it what it is. Don't downplay it by saying someone's simply uncomfortable being around gay people.

lemon pepper wings and a freeze cup
Reactions
18,261 52 8
Alleybux
Now I have someone to blame for making this ugly ass song go viral. I can't go a day without hearing it. They should've put him in the video though or paid him. Nobody would've known what this trash ass song was if it was for this dance.

Pretty Rich B*tch That's Easily Triggered
Reactions
39,416 652 148
Alleybux
Or maybe the creator of the song just didn't want you in his video cause it's his choice? This generation is so entitled. Just because people liked your dance to HIS song doesn't mean you should be in the video, not it's not cause of your sexuality, you just didn't fit the bill. It happens, make your own song if its that deep.

Reactions
157,266 5,628 5,871
Alleybux
I bolded part of the sentence but here's all of it: "To be honest though, not everyone feels comfortable being around people like that, maybe the guy wouldn't feel comfortable enough to have him in his video as a gay male, dancing like that, that's just the truth."

Describing homophobia as feeling uncomfortable 1. Makes homophobia to simply being about discomfort and doesn't acknowledge the fact that people's "discomfort" with gay people has real life consequences, as in this case where a young man loss an opportunity to be in a music video even though he created the dance that made the song go viral 2. saying "not everyone feels comfortable" and "that's just the truth" makes it seem like being homophobic is this innate character trait people have instead of something that people choose to be and have a choice to unlearn.

We realize homophobia isn't something good and its harmful, so when you see it call it what it is. Don't downplay it by saying someone's simply uncomfortable being around gay people.
If the song was conceived as a man talking about a woman, featuring a gay man makes no sense.

Reactions
11,461 320 175
Alleybux
If the song was conceived as a man talking about a woman, featuring a gay man makes no sense.
A Gay Man made a dance that made the song go viral. No one's asking him to be the star of the music video. Giving him a 10 second cameo in a video featuring a party scene is not that difficult.

Reactions
37,896 579 234
Alleybux
Like he (the singer) doesn’t have a creative team at all.

I saw the man doing the clip only once for 30 seconds and I got a full video treatment based on P-Valley with the original dancer playing Uncle Clifford get his girls ready. Something real short and cute and could possibly getting even more press because people love P-Valley.

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

Recent Posts

The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
Found this gifs and it made me think of Henry and his ocean of women :X3: :laughing:
Ariana Fletcher aka @therealkylesister & Associates Discussion Thread
Like I said she always ass kissing every influencer. She annoys me
RHOA Report: RHOA Major Cast Shakeup Coming
This should be the cast just to boost those dreadful ratings Kenya Porsha Kandi Drew Phardra Sheree Friends: Marlo Shamea Latoya
Daunte Wright called his mom before being shot. George Floyd yelled for his. As a Black mother...
Op, if you don’t mind me asking, what is your take on this article? How do you feel about it? What do you mean how does she feel about it? She...
What is it like living in Boston as a Black person?
Paved over bricks and outdated bridges and highways that has potholes that are large enough to swallow your car. Their traffic is horrid. This...
Top Bottom