Criminal Minds Revival in the Works at Paramount+

cokicokiwi27

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,524 5,446 151
Alleybux
9gka_oDD

Just a year after concluding its 15-season run on CBS, Criminal Minds is slinking out of the TV graveyard.

TVLine has learned that upstart streamer Paramount+ is looking to revive the killer procedural via a limited event series (that sources say could also once again become an ongoing series).

Insiders caution that the project — co-produced once again by CBS Studios and ABC Signature — remains in its infancy and no deals have been completed. The goal, we’re told, would be for the new iteration to feature a mix of legacy and new characters, not dissimilar to what CBS has planned with its in-the-works CSI sequel series.

It was exactly one year ago today that Criminal Minds aired its meh-received series finale (TVLine readers gave the episode an average grade of “B.”, while we handed it a less enthusiastic “C”). The final-season cast included series vets Joe Mantegna, A.J. Cook, Matthew Gray Gubler, Kirsten Vangsness and Paget Brewster as well as Aisha Tyler, Adam Rodriguez and Daniel Henney.

CBS All Access is set to be rebranded as Paramount+ on March 4. The new service will combine original content with shows from CBS and cable outlets MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Nickelodeon.

Reps for Paramount Plus, CBS Studios and ABC Signature declined to comment for this story.

Criminal Minds Revival In Early Development at Paramount+

IDORU

LSA’s ONE AND ONLY GRIMES STAN
Reaction score
Reactions
46,656 1,311 2,643
Alleybux
Who asked for this?? 15 seasons..how much more can they do with this show?

Justa

Facsimile of God | Megan Thee Samaritan
Reaction score
Reactions
285,318 4,977 407
Alleybux
Not needed!

Let the show REST.

Idk what more they could do with it.

9gka_oDD

Just a year after concluding its 15-season run on CBS, Criminal Minds is slinking out of the TV graveyard.

TVLine has learned that upstart streamer Paramount+ is looking to revive the killer procedural via a limited event series (that sources say could also once again become an ongoing series).

Insiders caution that the project — co-produced once again by CBS Studios and ABC Signature — remains in its infancy and no deals have been completed. The goal, we’re told, would be for the new iteration to feature a mix of legacy and new characters, not dissimilar to what CBS has planned with its in-the-works CSI sequel series.

It was exactly one year ago today that Criminal Minds aired its meh-received series finale (TVLine readers gave the episode an average grade of “B.”, while we handed it a less enthusiastic “C”). The final-season cast included series vets Joe Mantegna, A.J. Cook, Matthew Gray Gubler, Kirsten Vangsness and Paget Brewster as well as Aisha Tyler, Adam Rodriguez and Daniel Henney.

CBS All Access is set to be rebranded as Paramount+ on March 4. The new service will combine original content with shows from CBS and cable outlets MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Nickelodeon.

Reps for Paramount Plus, CBS Studios and ABC Signature declined to comment for this story.

Criminal Minds Revival In Early Development at Paramount+

cvbnm

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
852 9 2
Alleybux
I'm still confused about that weird love confession. Like what was the point? But I agree - let the show RIP

cvbnm

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
852 9 2
Alleybux
Between JJ & Spencer? It was so weird, I decided to pretend it never happened

Yes. If I recall they were hostages and made to tell each other the truth and her truth was she always loved him like wtf lol. She was married and had two whole kids. She couldn't think of anything else or lie better

Sackboy

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
85,026 5,324 642
Alleybux
NCIS spin-off in Hawaii
CSI Vegas remake
And now a Criminal Minds remake

CBS is so damn lazy.

And why did they change the name of the streaming network??

Justa

Facsimile of God | Megan Thee Samaritan
Reaction score
Reactions
285,318 4,977 407
Alleybux
I love Criminal Minds and I miss Spencer so I'd be here for this

Between JJ & Spencer? It was so weird, I decided to pretend it never happened

Yes. If I recall they were hostages and made to tell each other the truth and her truth was she always loved him like wtf lol. She was married and had two whole kids. She couldn't think of anything else or lie better

That was super weird. I didn't get the point of that at all!

JustBeingMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,305 966 131
Alleybux
THIS!!! No Shemar Moore no party....I see that’s he’s doing well with his new show SWAT so not surprised that this dead show! But the season without him and Hotch just became awful and I abandoned it altogether.

If Shemar Moore aint coming back I don't want to see it. It wasn't the same after he left

Rexo

“ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄᴏɴᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ”──✮⋆˙♛
Reaction score
Reactions
231,453 3,935 964
Alleybux

What season was this? That is so random! Wtf? This show slowly became a mess, omg. I miss the earlier seasons.

TheLetterD

Fourth Letter of the Alphabet
Reaction score
Reactions
212,150 2,202 476
Alleybux
Okay, I love this show and I love Spencer, but I’d rather this rebranded streaming service to come up with new, original ideas. The show ran for 15 seasons. Without Shemar Moore, I don’t want it.

Lilac80330

Act up and I'll tell you to go to bed!
Reaction score
Reactions
64,927 1,092 117
Alleybux
NCIS spin-off in Hawaii
CSI Vegas remake

CBS is so damn lazy.

Wait, they're remaking the original CSI? Since when?

Lady Luck 321

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,358 1,193 375
Alleybux
And in the same episode she confessed she loved Will more than anything lol.

Miza

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
328,371 13,231 3,430
Alleybux
NCIS spin-off in Hawaii
CSI Vegas remake

CBS is so damn lazy.

I can go for NCIS Hawaii and Criminal Minds was still a quality show.

Sackboy

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
85,026 5,324 642
Alleybux
I can go for NCIS Hawaii and Criminal Minds was still a quality show.

I’d only wanna see Criminal Minds again if it was a new cast. I’m kinda over their storylines now. My man Reid never got the girl at the end of the story and that’s weak to me.

I’m not sure how I feel about NCIS: Hawaii tbh. This series to me is more about the cast and how they interact with each other. The cases I don’t really remember. I’d give it a shot though.

Miza

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
328,371 13,231 3,430
Alleybux
I’d only wanna see Criminal Minds again if it was a new cast. I’m kinda over their storylines now. My man Reid never got the girl at the end of the story and that’s weak to me.

I’m not sure how I feel about NCIS: Hawaii tbh. This series to me is more about the cast and how they interact with each other. The cases I don’t really remember. I’d give it a shot though.

I like NCIS New Orleans and NCIS LA so I'll give Hawaii a chance.
I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot of CSI Miami either.

Sackboy

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
85,026 5,324 642
Alleybux
I like NCIS New Orleans and NCIS LA so I'll give Hawaii a chance.
I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot of CSI Miami either.

New Orleans eh I go back and forth on if I like that one. I liked it more in the beginning.

I did not like the cast on LA so I couldn’t get into that show at all. I forgot it existed until you mentioned it just now.

CSI: Miami was a great show.

hereforthemess

adele-paulette shelly-ann adkins
Reaction score
Reactions
2,292 15 5
Alleybux
Why though? The last few seasons of this show were boring. The last season was the worst and you could tell the writers were at a loss so why they think those same people will be able to stretch one case over a whole season is beyond me.

Just let it goooooooooooo. :cautious: Especially if Rossi will be coming back, it’s BEEN time for him to retire. Also annoying ass Garcia left and I’m sure they would try and find someone equally as annoying.

EatPrayLove

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
78,582 290 167
Alleybux
I recently binge-watched Criminal Minds and I hated it after Shemar was gone! He really grew on me so much, now I am watching SWAT, lol. Side note, I just realized he's been working hard for YEARSSSSS!

A.L.I.

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,774 2,278 784
Alleybux
I was watching re-runs and I caught that one and I was so confused like WTH did I miss? JJ and Spencer? What about Will? Also if they bring it back I hope they don't bring Aisha. She had no personality on the show at all.