Quantcast
  • Don't post about your friends here. Post issues with your friends on the Front Porch.

Cutting family off?

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,475 494,979 222,867
Alleybux
Have you ever cut an immediate family member out of your life? If so....

1.) What were the circumstances? (if you feel comfortable sharing)
2.) How did you handle the situation?

My sister is self destructive and I have very few family members left in my life.

Thanks LSA Fam<3

Bella8933

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,107 5,830 6,841
Alleybux
My parents passed a long time ago and a few years later I completely cut off my sisters. We lived in different States so I don't they missed me to tell the truth.

I few years later I moved out of the country - and that was that.

If your family is toxic - you need to up sticks, move away and cease contact.

Of course emotionally this is hard but it's been 20 some years now - and it's one of the best things I ever did.

Poodle

I am Asian
Reaction score
Reactions
6,175 193 199
Alleybux
I've cut off almost all 12 siblings. They're all fµck!ng nuts.

Sister 1 and 2 I've written about before and would rather not go into detail again.

Sister 3's husband threatened both my life and our mother's life. Gun to head and all. I did recently speak to her as she is dying from leukemia and her ain't sh!t husband is gallivanting around the country using our family's wealth to finance it.

Sister 4 is intermittently in my life. She is a pathological liar, opportunist, and is always involved in some fraudulent mess which I can not allow in my life.

Brothers 1-5 are intermittently in my life, see them at funerals and that's about it.

Brother 6 I cut off after he failed to pay back roughly 30K.

Brother 7 in jail, I may allow him back in my life if he becomes a contributing member of society upon his release. I.E. Hold a job (any job, IDC if it's working at Mcikey D's, as long as it's legit) and stays clean.

Brother 8 died, may he R.I.P.

I stay in contact with my nieces and nephews more than I do their parents.

It was hard and is still hard as I yearn for a nuclear family. Some days are better than others but I comfort myself with the knowledge that it's the best thing for me. As for the nuclear family, I'm working on starting on one with hubby. If that fails, we'll adopt and hopefully provide a home I wanted for a child who needs one.

ShadyEsq

⚜️Creole. ADOS.Proud ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
267,819 10,509 1,537
Alleybux
Yes, I've done this exactly 5 times and truthfully, I have not regretted any one of those occasions.

Peace of mind and healing are priceless.

ScorpioRising

Unfriendly Black Hottie
Reaction score
Reactions
73,960 2,132 723
Alleybux
To me, blood doesn't excuse a toxic relationship. If you are more at peace without than with them, don't second guess the decision. Best wishes!

Reaction score
Reactions
6,224 57 4
Alleybux
I am estranged from my parents and my only sibling, so basically my core family. I won't derail this thread by discussing my past, but I've spoken about it in my older posts. It got to the point where I realized they were adding nothing of value to my life except keeping me mired in misery. The physical abuse had ended but the verbal abuse and the emotional assaults continued.

The holidays were very hard (I cut them off in November), but I have blossomed since I've gone No Contact. Therapy helps tremendously. I've discovered self-love for the first time in my life. I feel a sense of deep grief for the many experiences I've deprived myself of (marriage, motherhood) because of the derogatory, humiliating messages fed to me since I was a baby. But I believe it will get better. At some point, I had to end the cycle of abuse.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,475 494,979 222,867
Alleybux
Literally every member but my life was unique & extreme
Long story short
I was suppose to be a trafficked child sold to a pedophile as a teen. My family has told me to forgive the person & understand I'm being dramatic. The other people in my family abused me and one xesually. Since i rejected my xesual abuser i was treated terribly imagine all those dudes who say fµck you b!tch & want to curse you out being a family member. I was abused for non compliance and had my name run through the mud. I tried to speak up & would get called names. I told my dad about the abuse & he yelled at me. I've cut everyone off. I'm healing. I get better everyday. I'm learning to cut toxic people off & I don't deal with their bµllsh!t.

Tdog

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
273 10 11
Alleybux
I've cut 90% of my family off. They keep too much bµllsh!t in their mouths.

The Culture

News Alley

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

Top Bottom