Cutting off family

LSAs resident vegan
Reactions
9,418 625 43
Alleybux
I will first say this isn't because of the person in my house Dolly's blog post

It has been a long time coming. I don't plan to see or speak to them for a while. I am way too different. I moved out when I was 16 and have asked them for very little since then. I did have to speak/see my sister yesterday because she had a tax refund cheque for me but that was the first time I had in 6 weeks and it'll go back to radio silence. She asked me for money which is usual I gave her the shrapnel in my pocket. I cut off my other siblings and father earlier this year.

I have found it very easy to do despite being only 10-30 minute walk radius and most of all I feel better for it while some people have spoken of doing it for years but they still live with them (fingers crossed you moved out in September :emoji_cookie:) etc.

Team Owner
Reactions
256,579 6,949 8,903
Alleybux
Not sure if you have a question or if this is just a statement.

Anywho good for you if you've rid yourself of toxic people. It's possible to permanently cut them off. Just make sure you're trying to build a new 'family' bc no one can go at it alone and you'll still crave relationships with other human beings.

Cottagewhore aesthetic
Reactions
136,228 3,283 729
Alleybux
Good for you. It's tough to do because it's not deemed normal in our society, but animals usually release their kids at some point so I don't see why we have to be tied to random people for life if they are toxic.

You can choose to create new family. xx

Royal Highness
Reactions
24,484 578 322
Alleybux
I see nothing wrong with cutting off family members if they are hindering you from growth and/or damaging you in any way. We are not obligated to keep contact with toxic people, even if it's family.

SungQueen's B*tch
Reactions
1,539,412 189,431 120,291
Alleybux
I see nothing wrong with cutting off family members if they are hindering you from growth and/or damaging you in any way. We are not obligated to keep contact with toxic people, even if it's family.

Agreed. An older relative who doesn't understand my feelings recently told me that I was "wrong" for not wanting to have anything to do with the rest of the family. Said relative has been put through the ringer by these people, and yet, seems to have amnesia when things are quiet and not dramatic.

I haven't forgotten jack shit, on the other hand. I decided a few years ago that I was absolutely done with them, as they are complete assholes, and save for the "grace" of us sharing DNA, we wouldn't know one another existed.

It would be one thing if these people progressed or improved as the years went by, but they are the exact same assholes they've always been. I'm tired of being made fun of,lied about, and disrespected only to be told that I'm the problem and should get over it just because we're "family". We're not fucking family. We're related, and that's the only acknowledgement they'll ever get from me.

I'm not necessarily embarrassed by any of this, but I had to go incog because one or two them reads here and I don't want to hear any mess.

Celebrity News

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

( LIGHTHEARTED THREAD) NYC Fonts: Remember The $10 Wash & Set After School Special?!
My hair was healthier back then. Started using to many products and it messed up my hair.
DMX & THE POUND : TEA on beloved rapper many side chicks, 9 bms & 17 kids.
And thats average. Thats not "small" like people said. Thats an average height for males. He wasn't the tallest but he wasn't the smallest in...
Ok LSA rate my birthday outfit
Ok, so OP was following the poor styling from the boutique itself. However, they have another outfit that is more in line with what would go great...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
Plus we had that supposed HS friend of NV on here back towards the beginning of this shitshow trying to drum up sympathy. I remember that...
CompTIA A+ Practice Questions
Thanks for sharing. I will take my A+ exam in July, well the 1001 and the second one in August.
Strongmommy Chrissy
Christina Lionel Joseph is about to be HEATED!!! She got you again girl, you're not poppin Starla :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Lawd knows Crusty is going...
  • Poll
Anime Watch Group: NANA
Ep 20 And I do not blame Yasu for not wanting to talk about that realtionship with Reira. It was tragic, they did love each other but the shit...
What do men mean when they say they want women to love them for them
I feel like it means they want a woman who has no standards. You should simply be happy with his presence and not require anything from him.
Nicki Minaj Addresses Her Previous Criminal Record. Admits To Using Weapon And Feeling Like In...
Almost 40 year old woman woman bragging about gang ties almost 2 decades ago. Yeah this wasn't the flex she thought it was lol.
Top Bottom