Quantcast
  • Don't post about your friends here. Post issues with your friends on the Front Porch.

Cutting off family

Dolly Pond

LSAs resident vegan
Reaction score
Reactions
9,520 633 44
Alleybux
I will first say this isn't because of the person in my house Dolly's blog post

It has been a long time coming. I don't plan to see or speak to them for a while. I am way too different. I moved out when I was 16 and have asked them for very little since then. I did have to speak/see my sister yesterday because she had a tax refund cheque for me but that was the first time I had in 6 weeks and it'll go back to radio silence. She asked me for money which is usual I gave her the shrapnel in my pocket. I cut off my other siblings and father earlier this year.

I have found it very easy to do despite being only 10-30 minute walk radius and most of all I feel better for it while some people have spoken of doing it for years but they still live with them (fingers crossed you moved out in September :emoji_cookie:) etc.

SaLiLi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,891 7,386 9,336
Alleybux
Not sure if you have a question or if this is just a statement.

Anywho good for you if you've rid yourself of toxic people. It's possible to permanently cut them off. Just make sure you're trying to build a new 'family' bc no one can go at it alone and you'll still crave relationships with other human beings.

sage

Cottagewhore aesthetic
Reaction score
Reactions
178,124 4,843 1,279
Alleybux
Good for you. It's tough to do because it's not deemed normal in our society, but animals usually release their kids at some point so I don't see why we have to be tied to random people for life if they are toxic.

You can choose to create new family. xx

mysticall

Royal Highness
Reaction score
Reactions
26,046 629 343
Alleybux
I see nothing wrong with cutting off family members if they are hindering you from growth and/or damaging you in any way. We are not obligated to keep contact with toxic people, even if it's family.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,168 494,917 222,839
Alleybux
I see nothing wrong with cutting off family members if they are hindering you from growth and/or damaging you in any way. We are not obligated to keep contact with toxic people, even if it's family.

Agreed. An older relative who doesn't understand my feelings recently told me that I was "wrong" for not wanting to have anything to do with the rest of the family. Said relative has been put through the ringer by these people, and yet, seems to have amnesia when things are quiet and not dramatic.

I haven't forgotten jack sh!t, on the other hand. I decided a few years ago that I was absolutely done with them, as they are complete assholes, and save for the "grace" of us sharing DNA, we wouldn't know one another existed.

It would be one thing if these people progressed or improved as the years went by, but they are the exact same assholes they've always been. I'm tired of being made fun of,lied about, and disrespected only to be told that I'm the problem and should get over it just because we're "family". We're not fµck!ng family. We're related, and that's the only acknowledgement they'll ever get from me.

I'm not necessarily embarrassed by any of this, but I had to go incog because one or two them reads here and I don't want to hear any mess.

CookieTho

Formerly Ms Hembrow.
Reaction score
Reactions
27,335 375 85
Alleybux
Good for you OP. I have also cut off toxic relatives. Life is better without them.

NymphSymph

Jokes aside, I'm simply God's child.
Reaction score
Reactions
1,498 18 17
Alleybux
You do what's best for you. Cut. Them. Off.