Quantcast

RHOA Cynthia Bailey reveals she knew marriage to Peter wouldn't work on her wedding day

mirfuya

Eloquent but rude
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
12,354 385 101
Alleybux
And maybe 5 years from now, we'll get another short blip in a long overdue video detailing how she knew her marriage to Mike wouldn't work either.

Jk, i hope they can work it out but he slangin' snapchat dack so idk

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,681 13,172 1,667
Alleybux
Cynthia was either 50 or damn close to it when she married Peter. She was too f-cking old to be talking about things might get better once they got married or he might be less insecure. I rewatched all the seasons when Greg died. One thing I came away with is that Peter looked a lot worse on a rewatch.

He was mean, lacking in compassion, cold towards her & relying on her for $$$. It was clear leading up to the wedding she was miserable about it and didn't want to get married.

As her wedding date approached, she broke down crying in Miami and every other time the wedding was mentioned.

Cynthia wore a "You Big Dummy" shirt with Fred Sanford's face on the morning of her wedding & she looked miserable & her mom was crying.
OKDVevV.jpg

I hated the way she let Peter treat her family when they found out her mom and sister didn't really want her to marry Peter. They were trying to help her dumb azz. I'm sure that they saw much more of the bad than the audience saw. Like her mom/sister said, they had never known Cynthia to need money & she was asking for money to pay for the bar at the wedding. I have a personal belief that if the people who have loved you all your life & whom you trust have a strong dislike of your partner, you should take a pause and listen.

Last edited:

Jesuisvert91

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
54,654 3,874 1,928
Alleybux
Cynthia was either 50 or damn close to it when she married Peter. She was too f-cking old to be talking about things might get better once they got married or he might be less insecure. I rewatched all the seasons when Greg died. One thing I came away with is that Peter looked a lot worse on a rewatch.

He was mean, lacking in compassion, cold towards her & relying on her for $$$. It was clear leading up to the wedding she was miserable about it and didn't want to get married. She wore a "You Big Dummy" shirt with Fred Sanford's face on the morning of her wedding. She broke down crying in Miami and every other time the wedding was mentioned.

I hated the way she let Peter treat her family when they found out her mom and sister didn't really want her to marry Peter. They were trying to help her dumb azz. I'm sure that they saw much more of the bad than the audience saw. Like her mom/sister said, they had never known Cynthia to need money & she was asking for money to pay for the bar at the wedding. I have a personal belief that if the people who have loved you all your life & whom you trust have a strong dislike of your partner, you should take a pause and listen.
Peter just gives me serious grifter teas. I believe he was sleeping with his waitresses too.

Med School

Prototype
Reaction score
Reactions
50,194 1,807 752
Alleybux
Wow that's sad, Cynthia hasnt had the best choice of men.
Didn't Leon call her ass out on it? She's been engaged so many times, one of her ex-fiancé's (the Nets baller) killed his driver and barely got any time. Cynthia has fairy dust in her head.

DrAY112

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
37,165 1,306 99
Alleybux
Is that the REAL reason she was crying on that Miami trip? I like Cynthia and all but she shoulda kept this to herself. I be damned if I will keep talking about any ex of mine years later.

KatrinaRenae67

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
12,800 649 313
Alleybux
So, why did she marry Peter twice? She did for all of this for a storyline? Why would start bringing this stuff up now?

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,681 13,172 1,667
Alleybux
Didn't Leon call her ass out on it? She's been engaged so many times, one of her ex-fiancé's (the Nets baller) killed his driver and barely got any time. Cynthia has fairy dust in her head.
I always felt Cynthia did a disservice to Noelle by staying with Peter and focusing so much energy and money on Peter when he treated Cynthia so poorly. Noelle was in the position of being the adult and asking Cynthia if she loved herself and talked about hearing them argue all the time. Meanwhile, Cynthia was trying to be Noelle's friend and Leon was like the real parent with boundaries when he visited.

Last edited:

Caramel1987

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,152 417 102
Alleybux
And maybe 5 years from now, we'll get another short blip in a long overdue video detailing how she knew her marriage to Mike wouldn't work either.

Jk, i hope they can work it out but he slangin' snapchat dack so idk
Right if she knew it wouldnt work why proceed with marriage. ol dumb ass. Cynthia is afraid of being lonely just like so many other woman. before she divorce mike she will stick it out and stay in the marriage to make it work to avoid humiliation. Cynthia sometimes act like her elevator dont go to the top floor

mesmerize

PRINCESS SUSSEX
Reaction score
Reactions
94,684 7,733 5,638
Alleybux
Peter just gives me serious grifter teas. I believe he was sleeping with his waitresses too.
The truth is that her relationship with peter got her on the show and that wedding was iconic. Peter kept her interesting and that was a Golden age for RHOA. The men don’t even get paid so I don’t think peter was a grifter and I do think she has never acknowledged the time he had in making her RHOA career

ashleybanx

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,402 6,161 3,763
Alleybux
Cynthia, her mom and Mal seem a bit slow. And she grew up in an abusive home. In their special before season 4, Cynthia tells a story of how her stepdad was beating her mom and she attacked him and he kicked her out! That’s so traumatizing and her mom never had much $ of her own so whatever the man said went. I think Cynthia was much more affected by her upbringing than she would care to admit.

ashleybanx

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,402 6,161 3,763
Alleybux
I always felt Cynthia did a disservice to Noelle by staying with Peter and focusing so much energy and money on Peter when he treated Cynthia so poorly. Noelle was in the position of being the adult and asking Cynthia if she loved herself and talked about hearing them argue all the time. Meanwhile, Cynthia was trying to be Noelle's friend and Leon was like the real parent with boundaries when he visited.
Cynthia is a great mom but I agree with this. Noelle was in middle school when the show started and those are crucial years. The child was so stunted she wanted to be homeschooled. I’ve worked w kids and only the weird ones would rather be home all day than at school w their friends. Cynthia’s main focus during that time was helping Peter and running in behind Nene. It’s no surprise that after all the hoopla died down Noelle has no focus.

Jasmine Benz

"Pick-Me" Hunter
Reaction score
Reactions
176,787 3,187 1,590
Alleybux

He was mean, lacking in compassion, cold towards her & relying on her for $$$. It was clear leading up to the wedding she was miserable about it and didn't want to get married. She wore a "You Big Dummy" shirt with Fred Sanford's face on the morning of her wedding. She broke down crying in Miami and every other time the wedding was mentioned.

I rewatched the seasons I came to the same conclusion. Peter was a jerk and asshole. I was glad she divorced him. People like him need to stay single, old and miserable alone.

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,721 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
Cynthia always struck me as the type that loved falling in love, but didn't care for marriage. She probably married him because her family kept pressuring her to.

She didn't have the best upbringing so I can see why she wasn't too keen on marriage.

Bethsabae

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,525 50 40
Alleybux
Cynthia was doing whatever the hell she had to do to keep that peach. She packed up her whole life and moved to Atl only to have Peter squander her savings, she had no plan B and needed those Bravo checks, that’s why she got married…. no money and no place to go.

mesmerize

PRINCESS SUSSEX
Reaction score
Reactions
94,684 7,733 5,638
Alleybux
Cynthia was doing whatever the hell she had to do to keep that peach. She packed up her whole life and moved to Atl only to have Peter squander her savings, she had no plan B and needed those Bravo checks, that’s why she got married…. no money and no place to go.
What? I don’t know the whole story but hasn’t he paid her back everything he borrowed? She could have stayed in a tiny apartment in NY and been broke and friendless. Instead, she has has 11 years of paychecks and fame on the most popular and iconic RH franchise. She had a platform that was more than enough to establish businesses to be set for life.

Healthy4Life

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
166,284 8,283 152
Alleybux
I think one of Cynthia's issues is that she is "in love with the idea of being in love" and perhaps that's why her choices of Men haven't always been the best.

They paint the picture of "love" and give her that illusion and she falls for it and then when she is in it deep they stop doing those things that she loved and now she is putting more into the relationship than what they are giving or even willing to give at that point.

maliaflower

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
294 2 1
Alleybux
Hell yea he was sleeping with those girls. And yes I do mean girls, of age yes but still very young girls. That’s his type. I’ve had a few interactions with him and he is a little bit of a creep when it comes to younger women. I wasn’t on that time of time though

Caramell

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,394 2,959 4,023
Alleybux
cynthia is actually in love with Mike, its obvious she was practically begging him for marriage and at one point she even said she loved the smell of his skin.

Reaction score
Reactions
6,741 1,651 3,171
Alleybux
did she know it wasn't gonna work with mike either?

i heard he's sticking his penis in anyone with a snapchat

ForumsStaySpilling

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
155,383 3,305 944
Alleybux
It's crazy how people thought that Cynthia wouldn't be discussed after not being a part of the show.

I am sure she did, and also feels that way about this current marriage. It's clear she felt pressured to do both to have a storyline for the show, and possible pressure from her family, and her age. She herself stated that she didn't care for marriage for the longest period of time.

agluv2009

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,369 242 62
Alleybux
sure was I’m all for giving a good kid freedom but I ain’t forget that she’d let noelle go to charlotte to visit a “boyfriend”

ChiLawyer

One of One. The Only One.
Reaction score
Reactions
77,181 1,390 280
Alleybux
I think Peter loved her but it was obvious she was so far out of his league. She was basically a self-made woman and had a long career modeling. Peter was always moving from one deal to the next - uptown, bar one, club one, sports one, peter’s brew and relying on her to be a “partner”/sponsor. He was always grinding and I’ll hand it to him, he never gave up despite repeatedly failing. In a way, Peter reminds me of Todd but Kandi has enough money to ensure that her ventures with Todd aren’t total failures.

Peter was also very cold but he was like that with everyone. I remember rewatching the season where Cynthia had fibroids and they were causing her to gain weight and bloat. Instead of expressing concern over the obvious medical issue, he made comments about her eating habits and suggested that she seemed like she didn’t want to continue modeling anymore. He also complained about their xes life during that time.

Bethsabae

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,525 50 40
Alleybux
What? I don’t know the whole story but hasn’t he paid her back everything he borrowed? She could have stayed in a tiny apartment in NY and been broke and friendless. Instead, she has has 11 years of paychecks and fame on the most popular and iconic RH franchise. She had a platform that was more than enough to establish businesses to be set for life.
My comment is in response to the topic- why she married him knowing it was not going to work and what was going on at the time. She also didn’t show up broke, she invested her savings in his failed business before they got married.

maliaflower

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
294 2 1
Alleybux
I think Peter loved her but it was obvious she was so far out of his league. She was basically a self-made woman and had a long career modeling. Peter was always moving from one deal to the next - uptown, bar one, club one, sports one, peter’s brew and relying on her to be a “partner”/sponsor. He was always grinding and I’ll hand it to him, he never gave up despite repeatedly failing. In a way, Peter reminds me of Todd but Kandi has enough money to ensure that her ventures with Todd aren’t total failures.

Peter was also very cold but he was like that with everyone. I remember rewatching the season where Cynthia had fibroids and they were causing her to gain weight and bloat. Instead of expressing concern over the obvious medical issue, he made comments about her eating habits and suggested that she seemed like she didn’t want to continue modeling anymore. He also complained about their xes life during that time.
Peter likes his women feeble minded and easy to manipulate. That’s why he likes younger women. Although Cynthia is crazy beautiful, she doesn’t know her worth and honestly seems desperate for love. Even now with the Mike cheating rumors, whether they are true or not, no way in hell I would be begging someone to marry me or be so quick to jump into a serious relationship with someone with a history of cheating. She went and married him, Cynthia could be with a billionaire but she chooses real love from insecure men.

Also Mike even said he never loved the mother of his kids. She was your wife and good enough to have children with but you never loved her… Major red flag!

Med School

Prototype
Reaction score
Reactions
50,194 1,807 752
Alleybux
I always felt Cynthia did a disservice to Noelle by staying with Peter and focusing so much energy and money on Peter…Cynthia was trying to be Noelle's friend and Leon was like the real parent with boundaries when he visited.
Absolutely agree. Cynthia is weak and has to be in a relationship. She always centers them in her world and anchors onto someone who’s assertive and will lead so that she doesn’t have to do the heavy lifting — friends AND lovers. In that sense, I fault Leon for being a distanced parent — you know who you proposed to, didn’t marry, and had a child with! He needed to be a more central and PRESENT figure in Noelle’s upbringing.
The gap years (one of which she did nothing but grinch down the interstate to SC to have xes), barely moving in to HU - trying to move her out the dorms, and then dropping out was unbelievable.

Cynthia, her mom and Mal seem a bit slow. And she grew up in an abusive home. I think Cynthia was much more affected by her upbringing than she would care to admit.
I watched their Fix My Life and I’d always thought they were slow, but I entertained the possibility that they were trying to control how they showed up on camera. With Cynthia, I chalk a lot of her sh!t to her simply having a personality flaw & she heeds NO advice.