Dad upset after white school staff cuts his biracial daughter's hair...

OLDHEAD
Reactions
95,732 7,970 2,160
Alleybux
i don’t see a blk kid...nor do I see blk hair that would be difficult for white people to care for...

A school district in central Michigan is in hot water after two White staff members secretly butchered the hair of a biracial first grader. Jimmy Hoffmeyer was shocked to see his seven-year-old daughter walk through the door on March 26. His daughter’s curly hair was chopped within inches of her scalp; the work of women who clearly didn’t have the first idea of how to care for the hair of a Black child.

It was just two days after the Hoffmeyer family had to deal with an unfortunate haircutting incident on the school bus. On March 24, Jurnee Hoffmeyer was on the bus heading home from Ganiard Elementary School in Mount Pleasant, Mich. when a classmate cut her hair. Jurnee’s long curly hair was cut several inches on one side to around shoulder length. When she got home that day, her family was stunned to see what had happened. But Jurnee’s father took her straight to the salon and let her choose a new look.

School staff cuts child’s hair without father’s permission​

“I know how today’s society is,” Hoffmeyer said. “I wasn’t going to let my little girl go to school with half of her hair cut off.” Jurnee was upset, but she felt good about being able to choose a new style. Hoffmeyer reached out to the school administration and transportation offices to figure out what happened. He was upset but simply asked that the child not be allowed to sit next to his daughter again.

Hoffmeyer emailed Jurnee’s teacher, Kristen Jacobs, to let her know he was filing a police report. Minutes later, he said, the principal’s secretary called him. He recalled the secretary saying she was in “utter disbelief.” But the principal would not be available to talk to him until after spring break – a week later.

received_452269829366463.jpeg

Last edited:
Team Owner
Reactions
87,426 2,421 620
Alleybux
I wonder why the mom isn’t talking this issue?
Civil suits also need to be filed. That poor baby.
From the teacher to the superintendent is wrong af.
That teacher would be given a first class haircut by my daughter.

Rookie
Reactions
452 1 1
Alleybux
After the kids cut her hair the first time they should have taken her out of there because clearly that school ain’t for her even tho she barely looks black

⚜️Creole, American, and Proud ⚜️
Reactions
119,135 3,683 483
Alleybux
So schools are in the business of giving haircuts these days? Black, White, bi-racial, purple, or cyan, it doesn’t matter...why are folks cutting children’s hair and why was the father so lax after the initial incident?

Coldest Place on Earth
Reactions
7,010 68 19
Alleybux
Poor baby. They are SO wrong for this. Look at how sad she is.

If I were her parents, I'd be raging. Why do people let their children get repeatedly victimized like this?

OLDHEAD
Reactions
95,732 7,970 2,160
Alleybux
Where's the black child?
Blk males want blk kids...but keep having kids by non blks and then they call them blk...the girl this story is about isn’t blk...but her dad will play the race card to get attention to this story...yes he should be mad cause the school cut her hair...but don’t say it’s because she’s blk with blk peoples hair...when she clearly doesn’t have blk peoples hair...he’s delusional as drake is for puttin a du rag on his sons Caucasian hair ...

Coldest Place on Earth
Reactions
7,010 68 19
Alleybux
i don’t see a blk kid...nor do I see blk hair that would be difficult for white people to care for...

A school district in central Michigan is in hot water after two White staff members secretly butchered the hair of a biracial first grader. Jimmy Hoffmeyer was shocked to see his seven-year-old daughter walk through the door on March 26. His daughter’s curly hair was chopped within inches of her scalp; the work of women who clearly didn’t have the first idea of how to care for the hair of a Black child.

Racists frequently see these children as black, even if we don't (she might have been the only person in the entire school with a modicum of black ancestry). And racists are gonna racist and claim "they didn't know". People learn how to do what they want to - they were lazy and hateful and this is their excuse.

Also, the parents let this happen. They were probably living some color blind lie until it couldn't be ignored. Poor kid.

General Manager
Reactions
14,113 378 375
Alleybux
How can the parents let it happen when this occurred during school.
Racists frequently see these children as black, even if we don't (she might have been the only person in the entire school with a modicum of black ancestry). And racists are gonna racist and claim "they didn't know". People learn how to do what they want to - they were lazy and hateful and this is their excuse.

Also, the parents let this happen. They were probably living some color blind lie until it couldn't be ignored. Poor kid.

General Manager
Reactions
9,476 81 52
Alleybux
Wait so y’all read this story about happened about to this CHILD, and all you focus on is whether to call her black or the fact that she is biracial???? Y’all need help. This kid is clearly traumatized.
To be fair, most people responded to the issue at hand, and to be honest the title is kind of confusing.

What I still don’t understand is who exactly cut her hair the second time and why? Isn’t it weird how they glossed over that in the article? Why would a staff member feel the need to cut her hair after the first incident?

General Manager
Reactions
14,113 378 375
Alleybux
Blk males want blk kids...but keep having kids by non blks and then they call them blk...the girl this story is about isn’t blk...but her dad will play the race card to get attention to this story...yes he should be mad cause the school cut her hair...but don’t say it’s because she’s blk with blk peoples hair...when she clearly doesn’t have blk peoples hair...he’s delusional as drake is for puttin a du rag on his sons Caucasian hair ...
Where is any of this stated? They identify her as biracial.

Reactions
105,920 1,521 1,197
Alleybux
The father is not even black. He's definitely trying to get black people, particularly women riled up.

The Hound’s b*tch
Reactions
75,859 2,245 2,082
Alleybux
What the f*ck is wrong with schools today, don’t they know they can get sued???

When lil sis cut one of her braids as a kid, she came back home with all the rest of her hair the school would have never DARED touch it.

Coldest Place on Earth
Reactions
7,010 68 19
Alleybux
How can the parents let it happen when this occurred during school.

There was an incident BEFORE on the school bus. That was the time to act. Scissors are dangerous and they could have harmed the child physically.

Where is any of this stated? They identify her as biracial.
While the father didn't, the article defined her as "black". Did you read this article? LOL.

Office of Niece Select
Reactions
58,780 1,332 1,158
Alleybux

bizarre comment considering the dad isn’t blk.

you must be in a different thread right now

Love & Treasure Yourself Always!
Reactions
96,421 1,867 1,541
Alleybux
The dad is biracial and the child is 0.25 black so the child is a quadroon like Halle berry daughter or drake son or tiger wood kids, Meagan Markle son Archie or tamera housely children. He is using the word black to garner attention to this incident.

sorry but black people do not get to pick and choose their race when it is convenient. I feel no sympathy for him and his own. This is not a black issue rather this is a non black issue and he is piggybacking her 0.25% black to bring awareness to this incident which to me is disgusting. I bet at no other times does he and his wife considered those kids black and rightfully so because those kids are white children.

this is what happens when you apply the 1 drop rule to everyone: mainly black people get use and abuse.

Last edited:
Aproko Kokonsa
Reactions
16,089 17 8
Alleybux
To be fair, most people responded to the issue at hand, and to be honest the title is kind of confusing.

What I still don’t understand is who exactly cut her hair the second time and why? Isn’t it weird how they glossed over that in the article? Why would a staff member feel the need to cut her hair after the first incident?
OP got me too confused by posting just half of the story.. Click on the link to read the rest. The teachers cut her hair two days after the initial incident.

OLDHEAD
Reactions
95,732 7,970 2,160
Alleybux
There was an incident BEFORE on the school bus. That was the time to act. Scissors are dangerous and they could have harmed the child physically.

While the father didn't, the article defined her as "black". Did you read this article? LOL.
Many of them didn’t read the article...they’re just in their feelings...click that link and READ....

gilded
Reactions
68,445 139 210
Alleybux
Wait so y’all read this story about happened about to this CHILD, and all you focus on is whether to call her black or the fact that she is biracial???? Y’all need help. This kid is clearly traumatized.

Since white women have more institutional power, I'm curious why this is a black issue, when it could be taken up by whites mostly.

I'm sure they can handle their own better.

Last edited:

The Culture

Ask LSA

The Lounge

Recent Posts

Caresha aka Yung Miami of the City Girls asks Nicki Minaj to Unblock her on Instagram
Once you have made a Sagittarius feel like you can’t be trusted or do them wrong, if they dead the situation, it’s a wrap. Caresha better hang it...
Les Twins Tea anyone???
Dang, why am I laughing (off to yt to check out if there's a video) All I remember is the stage was lit in red. If I find it before you I’ll post...
Vanessa Bryant thanks joe and Pam for raising Kobe!
Death of a loved one can create rifts but it also heal wounds as people's perspectives change. Maybe they got closer or Vanesaa is seeing things...
Trevor Noah Girlfriend?
I thought she was gonna secure the bag this time but turns out nope And please stop with the misogynistic comments about her age, we're all...
What are your predictions for season 14?
Like it or not she brings a young fanbase to the show and I don’t see them getting rid of her anytime soon. That's a mistake right there is...
Luxury Youtuber Kaylan Alex
sooooo... are we now using this thread to discuss about smaller black “luxury” youtubers? I’ll start anyways: I find Bree Cara to be...
De'arra and Ken(DK4L)
I honestly get the vibes that she refuses to allow him to leave tbh. Men who don’t care and barely even apologize when being caught usually are...
Are Nicki and Meg Beefing now or is that the Stans?
A Yes, people forget she cozied up to Meg to disprove the theory that she couldn’t embrace a new female rapper ——- it backfired lol she wanted...
Top Bottom