Dad upset after white school staff cuts his biracial daughter's hair...

General Manager
Reactions
53,500 353 3
Alleybux
Strange News=Teacher cuts biracial student’s hair to ‘even it out’

This isn’t about hair care, but I couldn’t figure out the best place to put the article. I find this absolutely shocking.

'It should have never been done': Michigan father furious after student cuts his seven-year-old biracial daughter's hair, only for white library teacher to cut the rest days later to 'even it out'

• Jurnee Hoffmeyer had her hair cut by a white student on the bus on March 24
  • Her father, Jimmy, took her to a salon to cut an asymmetrical cut afterwards
  • On March 26, a white library teacher at the Mount Pleasant, Michigan school then cut Jurnee's hair on the other side
  • Jurnee came home crying, angering her father, who is demanding answers
  • A school board meeting took place on Monday, though the president of the school board suggested that some of the reporting on the incident is inaccurate
  • Jimmy Hoffmeyer has pulled his daughter from school and is thinking of moving her to a private school in the future

A seven-year-old Michigan girl has been pulled from her elementary school after a student cut some of her hair without permission, only for a teacher to cut the rest off days later in a separate incident.
Jurnee Hoffmeyer, who is biracial, was riding the bus March 24 when a classmate with scissors, who is white, cut most of her hair on one side of her head, she claimed to her father.
Jimmy Hoffmeyer complained to the principal of Ganiard Elementary in Mount Pleasant.

It's not clear if there had been any previous incidents between Jurnee and the girl who cut her hair.
'I chalked it up because it was a child and you’re not thinking of any serious consequences having to do with a kid,' Hoffmeyer said to WJRT.

Hoffmeyer also took his daughter to a salon that day for asymmetrical styling, so that the amateur haircut given by Jurnee's classmate wasn't as noticeable.
But on March 26, Jurnee arrived home from school crying with another haircut,. This time, the school's library teacher, who is also white, had cut it, according to Hoffmeyer.
'She (Jurnee) was afraid of getting in trouble for getting her hair cut,' Hoffmeyer said to the Associated Press.

JamQueen
Reactions
22,645 118 79
Alleybux
This has been posted a couple times

Reactions
105,652 1,510 1,196
Alleybux
It worked...he has them all riled up on Twitter....but I don’t see Caucasians riled up about it...and that seems to be only who he associates with from the look of his Facebook....don’t see her Caucasian mama talking either ...must’ve told her to keep quiet and stay in the background so he can get blk women’s support and then get a big payday from a lawsuit after blk women start protesting for him...
We have to stop this shit. We stay giving away our emotional labor for people that don't do shit for us.

Ethereal
Reactions
259,344 2,519 519
Alleybux
Chile if that was my baby there would have been a lot of snipping that day. I'm cutting that kid's hair and the teacher. Everybody about to be bald.

24KCoughDrop
Reactions
124,112 2,457 835
Alleybux
Strange News=Teacher cuts biracial student’s hair to ‘even it out’

This isn’t about hair care, but I couldn’t figure out the best place to put the article. I find this absolutely shocking.

'It should have never been done': Michigan father furious after student cuts his seven-year-old biracial daughter's hair, only for white library teacher to cut the rest days later to 'even it out'

• Jurnee Hoffmeyer had her hair cut by a white student on the bus on March 24
  • Her father, Jimmy, took her to a salon to cut an asymmetrical cut afterwards
  • On March 26, a white library teacher at the Mount Pleasant, Michigan school then cut Jurnee's hair on the other side
  • Jurnee came home crying, angering her father, who is demanding answers
  • A school board meeting took place on Monday, though the president of the school board suggested that some of the reporting on the incident is inaccurate
  • Jimmy Hoffmeyer has pulled his daughter from school and is thinking of moving her to a private school in the future

A seven-year-old Michigan girl has been pulled from her elementary school after a student cut some of her hair without permission, only for a teacher to cut the rest off days later in a separate incident.
Jurnee Hoffmeyer, who is biracial, was riding the bus March 24 when a classmate with scissors, who is white, cut most of her hair on one side of her head, she claimed to her father.
Jimmy Hoffmeyer complained to the principal of Ganiard Elementary in Mount Pleasant.

It's not clear if there had been any previous incidents between Jurnee and the girl who cut her hair.
'I chalked it up because it was a child and you’re not thinking of any serious consequences having to do with a kid,' Hoffmeyer said to WJRT.

Hoffmeyer also took his daughter to a salon that day for asymmetrical styling, so that the amateur haircut given by Jurnee's classmate wasn't as noticeable.
But on March 26, Jurnee arrived home from school crying with another haircut,. This time, the school's library teacher, who is also white, had cut it, according to Hoffmeyer.
'She (Jurnee) was afraid of getting in trouble for getting her hair cut,' Hoffmeyer said to the Associated Press.
Moving her to a private school=GFM incoming.

Team Owner
Reactions
46,851 453 125
Alleybux
Is there something missing from this story. How was a child's hair cut by school staff unless it was somehow endangering his/her life i.e. stuck in some sort of machinery or playground equipment.

DID I MISS SOMETHING??

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
I thought the same lol That means the countdown has begun.... Maybe that's the point: cleaning up the mess before leaving it behind. I don't...
Ancestry Composition of African Americans
Very surprised. Especially since only British isles admixture was detected by 23andme. And the difference between what one kit had with East...
Have You Been Shocked By People’s Faces Without Their Mask?
I like myself without the mask. I want people to see these red juicy lips.:ROFLMAO: I saw a couple of people that I thought should keep the mask...
Joe Budden: I'll Name This Podcast Later
Idk why Joe thought this therapist episode would benefit him. All it did was showcase his emotional immaturity even more, and maybe worse for him...
The OFFICIAL crypto holders of LSA thread! What's in your portfolio?
Which platforms are you all buying on? Coinbase? I’ve never really looked into crypto aside from RH, honestly. Coinbase, yes, but Coinbase...
The Israeli-Palestinian conflict, choose a side?
Fuck Israel. I know it’s not all Jews who support this action but the ones who do, are disgusting. They see everyone who is not Jewish as less...
Discrimination against Nigerian nurse in the NHS
My relatives that came up to the Uk from Jamaica in the 1960s who trained up in the NHS....not a one of them didn't flee England and end up in the...
Top Bottom