Daily Devotional - Identity in Christ

Child of the Most High!!!!!!!
Reactions
46,969 273 174
Alleybux
"I am glorified":

30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. (Romans 8 : 30 - ESV)

Child of the Most High!!!!!!!
Reactions
46,969 273 174
Alleybux
"I am free from the law of sin":

2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8 : 2 - ESV)

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
Romans 1:16
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel (Good News) of Christ:present:, for it is God's Power working out salvation [for deliverance from Eternal Death] to everyone who BELIEVES with a personal trust and a confident SURRENDER and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek..."

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
2 Corinthians 5:17
"Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence."

We don't need to try to convince God that we are a NEW creation in Christ. God says we are! ... then that means 'we is!!!' (lol) The Law of Moses proved that no one could live holy before Almighty God, except Jesus Christ. Now that Jesus has come and brought Truth and Grace, we (believers in Christ) have "...our Sins washed as white as snow ...in His Blood and ....so far removed as far as the east is to the west..." and the Spirit of Christ has taken up residence in our our souls, and He is our Ever-Present Help (our Teacher and Helper). There's no need to fake being a Christian ... God knows we
'can do nothing without Jesus." so forgitabout it!! (lol) ...Let God be God and we stop depending on ourselves for the HELP and answers we need. Let our King, Savior and LORD, Jesus Christ 'take the wheel' (...so to speak! lol)

Galatians 2:219-21...The Message (MSG)
"What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn't work. So I quit being a "law man" (Law of Moses) so that I could be God's man. Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I IDENTIFIED myself completely with Jesus Christ. Indeed, I have been crucified with Jesus Christ. My EGO is no longer controlling me. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am NO longer driven to impress God. CHRIST LIVES IN ME. The life you see me living is NOT "mine," but it is lived BY FAITH IN THE SON OF GOD, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.

Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing RELIGION would be an abandonment of everything personal and FREE in my RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God's GRACE. If a LIVING RELATIONSHIP with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily."

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
2 Corinthians 1:2-7

"GRACE (God's favor and spiritual blessings) to you and PEACE from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and ENCOURAGEMENT),

"Who comforts (consoles and ENCOURAGES) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to COMFORT (console and ENCOURAGE) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and ENCOURAGEMENT) with which WE ourselves are comforted (consoled and ENCOURAGED) by God."

"Because just as Christ's own sufferings fall to our lot as they overflow on to His disciples, and we share and experience them abundantly, so through Christ COMFORT (consolation and ENCOURAGEMENT) is also shared and experienced abundantly by us."

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
Romans 6:23
"The reward for sin is death, but the GIFT that God freely gives is Everlasting Life found in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:1
[ God’s Spirit Makes Us His Children ] "So YOU who are believers in Christ Jesus can no longer be condemned."

1 Corinthians 3:1
"Brothers and sisters, I couldn’t talk to you as spiritual people but as people still influenced by your corrupt nature. YOU were infants in your faith in Christ."

2 Corinthians 5:17
"Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence."

Galatians 2:16
"Yet, we know that people don’t receive God’s approval because of their own efforts to live according to a set of standards, but only by believing in Jesus Christ. So we also believed in Jesus Christ in order to receive God’s approval because of faith in Christ and not because of our own efforts. People won’t receive God’s approval because of their own efforts to live according to a set of standards".

Galatians 3:26
"YOU are all God’s children by believing in Christ Jesus."

Galatians 3:28
"There are neither Jews nor Greeks, slaves nor free people, males nor females. YOU are all the same in Christ Jesus."

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
In the mind of God, EVERY believer shares complete identify with Christ from the cross to the Throne. According to God's Word, we are crucified with Him, buried with Him, raised from the dead with Him, exalted with Him and enthroned with Him.

"But God is so rich in Mercy, and He loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us LIFE ETERNAL when He raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) Because He raised us from the dead along WITH Christ and seated us WITH HIM in the Heavenly realms because we are united WITH Christ Jesus."
Ephesians 2:4-6 New Living Translation (NLT)

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
"We, the Church of the LORD JESUS CHRIST, through our resurrection and ascension WITH CHRIST, is already legally seated on the Throne. Its through the use of our weapons of PRAYER & FAITH that God is preparing us reign with Christ on earth throughout Eternity."

1 Corinthians 6:2(a)
"Don’t you realize that someday we believers will judge the world?..."

"We, the Church of the LORD JESUS CHRIST, by virtue of our faithful use of PRAYER, we hold the balance of power not only in world affairs, but also in the salvation of individual souls.

"Without violating the free moral responsibility of any individual, we, the Church, by means of PERSISTENT BELIEVING INTERCESSION (PRAYER), may so release the Spirit of God upon a soul or souls so that they will find it EASIER TO YIELD to the Spirit's wooing and be saved then to continue in rebellion against God's Will for their salvation."

...Dr. Paul Billheimer, "Destined For The Throne!"

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
EPHESIANS 2:4-10

"BUT GOD, WHO IS ABUNDANT IN MERCY, BECAUSE OF HIS GREAT LOVE :love:THAT HE HAD FOR US, MADE US ALIVE WITH THE MESSIAH EVEN THOUGH WE WERE DEAD IN TRESPASSES.

BY GRACE:love:, YOU ARE SAVED!

HE ALSO RAISED US UP WITH HIM AND SEATED US WITH HIM IN THE HEAVENS, IN CHRIST JESUS:skywalker:, SO THAT IN THE COMING AGES, HE MIGHT DISPLAY THE IMMEASURABLE RICHES OF HIS GRACE IN HIS KINDNESS TO US IN CHRIST JESUS.

BECAUSE BY GRACE,:love: YOU ARE SAVED THROUGH FAITH, AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES.:star:

IT IS GOD'S GIFT :present:AND NOT FROM YOUR WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. BECAUSE WE ARE HIS CREATION - CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS FOR GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED AHEAD OF TIME SO THAT WOULD WALK IN THEM."
:psmile:

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
  1. Romans 6:3
    Don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
  2. Romans 6:4
    When we were baptized into His death, we were placed into the tomb with Him. As Christ was brought back from death to life by the glorious power of the Father, so we, too, should live a NEW kind of life.
  3. Romans 6:8
    If we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.
  4. Romans 6:9
    We know that Christ, who was brought back to life, will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him.
  5. Romans 6:11
    "So consider yourselves dead to sin’s power but living for God in the Power that Christ Jesus gives you.

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
1 Corinthians 1:9

Amplified Bible (AMP)

"God is FAITHFUL [reliable, trustworthy, and therefore ever true to His promise, and He can be depended on]; by GOD, you were CALLED into companionship and participation with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
God has placed us In Christ, in His Holy Righteousness, and not our own righteousness, which was like 'the stench of filthy rags because of Sin" in the nostrils of A Holy & Pure God. Now we can come into the 'Holy of Holies' God's Holy Presence:

• Romans 5:2
    We have also obtained access through Him BY FAITH into this GRACE in which we stand, and we rejoice in the HOPE of the GLORY of God.
  • Romans 5:9
    "Much more then, since we have now been declared RIGHTEOUS by His BLOOD, we will be SAVED FROM GOD'S WRATH through Him."

• Romans 5:11
    "And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through Him, we now have received this Reconciliation."

• Romans 6:4
    "Therefore, we were buried with Him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too may walk in a New Way of LIFE."

• Romans 6:5
    "Because if we have been joined with Him in the likeness of His death, we will certainly also be in the likeness of His Resurrection.
  • 1 Corinthians 1:9
    "God is FAITHFUL; you were called by Him into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."

• 1 Corinthians 1:30
    "But it is from Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who became God-given WISDOM for us—our Righteousness, Sanctification, and Redemption...
    "

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST'S STRENGTH!"

HALLELU-JAH!

"GREATER IS CHRIST IN ME THAN he who is in the world!!!"

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
"But YOU are:

"A CHOSEN RACE!
"A ROYAL KINGLY PRIESTHOOD!

"A HOLY NATION!
"A PEOPLE for His POSSESSION!

"so that YOU may proclaim the PRAISES of the One Who CALLED YOU out of darkness into His MARVELOUS LIGHT.

"Once you were NOT a people,
but now YOU are God’s PEOPLE!

YOU had not received mercy,
but NOW YOU have received MERCY!
1 Peter 2:9-10 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
1 Peter 1:8
"Although you have NEVER seen Christ, you love Him. You don’t see Him now, but you believe IN HIM. You are extremely HAPYY with JOY and PRAISE that can hardly be expressed in words."

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
James 2:

12 "SPEAK and ACT as those who will be JUDGED by the LAW of FREEDOM. 13 For JUDGMENT is WITHOUT MERCY to the one who HAS NOT shown MERCY. MERCY TRIUMPHS OVER JUDGMENT."

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
After ALL that He's shown His Love for us, surely He deserves our HIGHEST ...LOVE & LOYALTY ...

Song of Songs

1 "Solomon’s Song of Songs.

2 "Let Him kiss me with the kisses of His mouth—
because Your Love is more delightful than wine.

3 "Pleasing is the fragrance of Your perfumes;
Your Name is like perfume poured out.
No wonder the young women love You!

4 "Take me away with You—let us hurry!
Let the KING bring me into His chambers."

... Selah!

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
SONG OF SOLOMON 1:

15 Solomon (Jesus Christ): How beautiful you are, my darling.
How very beautiful! Your eyes are doves.

16 Solomon's Wife (Christ's Bride) How handsome you are, my love. How delightful!
Our bed is lush with foliage;

17 the beams of our house are cedars,
and our rafters are cypresses.

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
1 John 4:1-6

"Test People Who Say They Have God’s Spirit"

"Dear friends, don’t believe all people who say that they have the Spirit. Instead, test them. See whether the spirit they have is FROM God, because there are many false prophets in the world.

"This is how you can recognize God’s Spirit: Every person who declares that JESUS CHRIST HAS COME AS HUMAN has the Spirit that is from God. But every person who DOESN'T declare that Jesus Christ has come as a human has a spirit that is NOT from God. THIS is the spirit of the "anti-Christ that you have heard is coming. That spirit is ALREADY in the world.

"Dear children, YOU belong to God. So you have won the VICTORY over these people, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

"These people BELONG to the world. That’s why they speak the thoughts of the world, and the world listens to them. We BELONG TO GOD. The person who knows God, LISTENS to us. Whoever doesn’t belong to God, does NOT LISTEN to us. That’s how we can tell the Spirit of TRUTH from the spirit of lies."

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
"Because we are God's MASTERPIECE, created in Christ Jesus to do Good Works, which God prepared before the beginning of TIME for us to DO." (Ephesians 2:10)

The PURPOSE of your life is far far GREATER than your own personal fulfillment, your peace of mind or even your happiness. It's FAR GREATER than your family, your career, or even your wildest dreams and ambitions. If you want to know WHY you were placed on this planet, you must begin with God. YOU & I WERE BORN BY and or FOR GOD'S PURPOSE!

None of us will really understand our IDENTITY and our PURPOSE in LIFE EXCEPT through AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST.

God was thinking of YOU long before YOU ever thought about God. Long before you and I were conceived by our parents, we were conceived in the MIND OF GOD. It was not fate, nor chance, nor luck, nor coincidence that you are breathing at this very moment. You are alive because God wanted to create you! The Bible says, "The LORD WILL FULFILL HIS PURPOSE IN ME." (Psalms 138:8a (NIV)

Before we were conceived, God had PURPOSED our life. We may choose our careers, our spouses, our hobbies, and many other things in life, but we don't get to choose our PURPOSE.

God's PURPOSE of your life fits into a MUCH MUCH LARGER cosmic PURPOSE that God designed from ETERNITY.

"Everything started in HIM and finds it PURPOSE in HIM." Colossians 1:16b

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
2 Thessalonians 1:

From Paul, Silas, and Timothy. To the CHURCH united with GOD, our Father and the LORD Jesus Christ:
"GOOD WILL and PEACE from God our Father and the LORD JESUS CHRIST are yours!

"We always have to THANK GOD for YOU, Brothers and Sisters. It’s RIGHT to do this because your FAITH is showing remarkable growth and your LOVE for each other is increasing. That’s why we brag in God’s churches about your ENDURANCE and FAITH in all the persecutions and suffering you are experiencing.

"Your suffering proves that God’s judgment is right and that you are considered WORTHY of His Kingdom.

"Certainly, it is RIGHT for God to GIVE SUFFERING to those who cause YOU to suffer.

"It is also right for God to give all of us RELIEF from our suffering.

He will do THIS when the LORD Jesus is REVEALED, coming from Heaven with His Mighty Angels in a blazing fire.

"He will take REVENGE on those who REFUSE to acknowledge God, and on those who REFUSE to respond to the Good News about our LORD Jesus.

"They will PAY the penalty by being destroyed FOREVER, by being SEPARATED from the LORD’s PRESENCE and from His Glorious Power. THIS will happen on THAT DAY when He comes to be HONORED among all His HOLY PEOPLE and ADMIRED by all who have BELIEVED IN HIM. This includes YOU because you believed the testimony we gave YOU.

"With THIS in mind, we always PRAY that our God will make YOU WORTHY OF HIS CALL. We also PRAY that through His Power He will help YOU accomplish every Good desire and help YOU do everything your FAITH produces. That way the Name of our Lord Jesus will be HONORED among YOU. Then, because of the GOOD WILL of JESUS CHRIST, our GOD and LORD, YOU will be HONORED by Him."

www.byFAITHdesign.com

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
Romans 5:11

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

"And not only will we be saved, but we also rejoice right now in what God has done for us through our Lord Jesus Christ. It is because of Jesus that we are now God’s friends."

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
Nothing Can Separate Us From God’s Love

Romans 8:28-39

"We know that ALL things WORK together for the GOOD of those who LOVE GOD — those whom HE has CALLED according to HIS PLAN.

"THIS IS TRUE because He already KNEW His people and had already APPOINTED them to have the same form as the IMAGE of HIS SON. Therefore, His SON is the firstborn among many Children.

"HE also CALLED those whom HE had already APPOINTED. He APPROVED of those whom HE had CALLED, and HE gave GLORY to THOSE whom HE had APPROVED.

"What can we say about all of THIS? IF GOD is FOR us, who can be against us?

"God didn’t spare HIS OWN SON, but handed HIM over to death FOR ALL OF US. So HE will also give us EVERYTHING along with HIM.

"Who will ACCUSE THOSE WHOM GOD HAS CHOSEN? God has APPROVED them.

"Who will condemn them? Christ has DIED, and more importantly, HE was brought back to life. Christ has the HIGHEST POSITION IN HEAVEN. Christ also INTERCEDES for us.

"WHAT will separate us from the love Christ has for us? Can trouble, distress, persecution, hunger, nakedness, danger, or violent death separate us from HIS LOVE?

"As Scripture SAYS:

“We (HE also CALLED those whom HE had already APPOINTED) are being killed all day long for you (Christ's Church). We are thought of as sheep to be slaughtered.”

"THE ONE WHO LOVES US gives us an overwhelming VICTORY IN ALL THESE DIFFICULTIES!

"I AM CONVINCED THAT NOTHING CAN EVER SEPARATE US FROM GOD'S LOVE, WHICH IS CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD SHOWS US.

"We CAN'T be separated BY death or life, by angels or rulers, by anything in the PRESENT or anything in the FUTURE, by forces or powers in the world ABOVE or in the world BELOW, or by ANYTHING in creation."

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
Romans 15

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

"So those of us who have a STRONG FAITH must be patient with the weaknesses of those whose faith is NOT so strong. We must NOT think only of ourselves.

"We SHOULD ALL BE CONCERNED ABOUT NEIGHBOR and the good things that will build his/her FAITH.

"CHRIST did not think only of Himself. Rather, as Scripture says, “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.”

God Gives Us Unity

'Everything written long ago was written to teach us so that we would have CONFIDENCE through the ENDURANCE and ENCOURAGEMENT which the Scriptures give us.

"May God, who gives you this endurance and encouragement, allow you to live in harmony with each other by following the example of Christ Jesus.

"Then, having the same goal, you will PRAISE THE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.

"Therefore, ACCEPT each other in the same way that CHRIST ACCEPT YOU. He did this to BRING GLORY TO GOD. Let me explain. CHRIST became a servant for the Jewish people to reveal God’s TRUTH.

"As a result, He fulfilled God’s PROMISE to the ancestors of the Jewish people. People who are not Jewish PRAISE GOD FOR HIS MERCY as well. This is what the Scriptures say,

“That is why I will give thanks to You among the nations and I will sing PRAISES to Your Name.”

"And Scripture says again,

“You nations, be happy together with His people!”

"And again,

“PRAISE THE LORD, all you nations!
PRAISE HIM, all you people of the world!”

"Again, Isaiah says,

“There will be a ROOT from Jesse.
He will rise to RULE the nations,
and He will give the nations HOPE.”

"May God, the source of HOPE, fill you with JOY and PEACE through your FAITH in Him. Then you will overflow with HOPE by the Power of the Holy Spirit."

Reactions
1,401 7 32
Alleybux
1 John 3:1-24 (Common English Bible (CEB)

"See what kind of LOVE that the Father has GIVEN to us in that we should be called "God’s children," and that is who we are! Because the world didn’t recognize Him, it doesn’t recognize us!

"Dear friends, now we are "God’s children", and it hasn’t yet appeared what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him because we’ll see Him as He is.

"And everyone of you who has this HOPE in Him PURIFIES yourselves even as He is PURE.

"Every person who practices SIN commits an act of rebellion, and SIN is rebellion.

"You know that He appeared to take AWAY SIN, and there is NO Sin in Him.

"Every person who remains in relationship to Him does NOT sin. Any person who sins has not SEEN Hm or KNOWN Him.

"Little children, make SURE that no one DECEIVES you. The person who practices RIGHTEOUSNESS is Righteous, in the same way that Jesus is Righteous.

"The person who practices Sin belongs to the devil, because the devil has been SINNING since the beginning. God’s Son appeared for this purpose: TO DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL.

"Those BORN from God don’t PRACTICE SIN because God’s DNA remains in them. They can’t sin because they are BORN from God.

"This is how God’s children and the devil’s children are apparent: those who don't PRACTICE righteousness is NOT from God, including the person who doesn’t love a brother or sister.

"This is the message that you HEARD from the beginning: LOVE EACH OTHER.

"Don’t behave like Cain, who belonged to the EVIL one and murdered his brother. And why did he kill him? He killed him because his own works were EVIL, but the works of his brother were Righteous.

"Don’t be surprised, brothers and sisters, if the world HATES you. We know that we have transferred from death to LIFE, because we love the brothers and sisters. The person who does not LOVES, remains in death.

"Anyone who HATES a brother or sister is a MURDER, and you know that no murderer has Eternal Life residing in him.

"This is how we know LOVE: Jesus laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

"But if you have material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need and you don't care, how can the LOVE OF GOD remain in you?

"Little children, let’s not love with words or speech, but with ACTION and TRUTH.

"This is how we will know that we belong to the TRUTH and reassure our hearts in God’s Presence. Even if our hearts condemn us, God is GREATER than our hearts and KNOWS all things.

"Dear friends, if our HEARTS don’t condemn us, we have CONFIDENCE in our RELATIONSHIP to God. We receive whatever we ASK from Him because we keep His commandments and do what PLEASES Him.

"This is His commandment that we:

(1) BELIEVE IN THE NAME OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, and

(2) LOVE EACH OTHER as He commanded us.

"If you keep His commandments, you remain in God and God remains in you, and this is how we KNOW that He remains in us, because of His SPIRIT that He has given to us."

Celebrity News

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

BoycottPreakness Festival ing because MD Jockey Club awards exclusive catering contract to...
But isn’t the point that a business that discriminates shouldn’t be rewarded with a lucrative contract like this? Their racism isn’t their loss...
Gerren (Baldwin Hills) has passed away & I’m so saddened..
Seiko is giving retired party girl vibes. Wth happened to her? Damn she looks old. Seiko always looked harsh in the face, i mean she's 32 or 33...
Melinda Gates says that she warned Bill Gates about Jeffrey Epstein. The Divorce is getting messy!
do you know who was the couple? I don’t remember I would have to look it up, if they gave their names. The thing about Jeffrey is that he was a...
The Circle Rant
Also no one talks about the fact that when “Chloe” or “Emily” wanted to start a girl chat and Savannah noticed that Terilisha wasn’t included. She...
Toronto /Canada Gossip...
Weeeelp looks like the birds have found this thread. Surprised it isn’t sooner. But the point is do better and some questions should never really...
brand new london baddies ig girls industry socialites and models thread
It’s disgusting if they’re milking this but don’t forget who these people are. 2 clowns who love attention
My Jazzy Life
In her new vlog Jas states she and the kids are going to be staying with her mother for quite a while and there’s still no sign or mention of...
YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
That's because her ass is aggy. This clip makes more sense now since they came out with the menu, but what Jeremy said about "shawty don't even be...
Top Bottom